Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Your favorite "drugstore" finds...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
CindiLou wrote:
Aussie member here. Lucas Paw Paw ointment has petrochemicals/mineral oil from memory. It's a very popular product here & it's lovely on the lips, but i prefer something without those nasties.
Trilogy Rosehip Oil is one of my HG's. I think it's made in NZ. I've lost count of how many bottles i have bought in the last couple of years. It's a product i will never be without. Trilogy make lots of lovely, natural products.

Hi CindiLou, Smile

Yep you are correct about the petroleum in the paw paw ointment!

http://www.lucaspapaw.com.au/quality.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Mine are disposable shower caps, Cetaphil, Eucerin bodywash, Aquaphor, Salonpas (those little pain relief patches), Curel lotion.
Faustine

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have really awful comedonal acne and even using Retin A for over a year didn't completely get rid of it. I normally stay away from drugstore brands but in desperation I tried my brothers supply of Clearasil Ultra Deep Cleansing pads which cost about £3. They are rough texture pads which have a mix of salycilic acid and hydrogen peroxide which you swipe over the skin after cleansing. The texture of the pad lets the active ingrediants sink deeper into the skin to treat blackheads and those stubborn flesh coloured under the skin bumps that so many suffer from!
I am kind of horrified I am now using something like this but if it works who am I to argue!
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
There are some good suggestions, but I think I'm at the wrong drugstore, because I walk up and down the aisles and have never seen half of these products. I'll have to make a list next time I go.

What drugstore do you use, Safire? I'm interested in the two products you mentioned.

Yes I live in Australia, and Trilogy is a NZ based company so it's available everywhere here in Australia. I just had a look on their site (http://www.trilogyproducts.com) and they seem to stock their products in some cities/areas in the US (i.e. Wisconsin, Arizona, Idaho & NY).

Their Rosehip Oil is my fav as I find it much more lightweight than all the other brands I've used, which usually have a thicker consistency and so I aways end up getting breakouts. But the Trilogy one is very easily absorbed.

HTH Smile
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:53 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
CindiLou wrote:
Aussie member here. Lucas Paw Paw ointment has petrochemicals/mineral oil from memory. It's a very popular product here & it's lovely on the lips, but i prefer something without those nasties.
Trilogy Rosehip Oil is one of my HG's. I think it's made in NZ. I've lost count of how many bottles i have bought in the last couple of years. It's a product i will never be without. Trilogy make lots of lovely, natural products.

Hi CindiLou, Smile

Yep you are correct about the petroleum in the paw paw ointment!

http://www.lucaspapaw.com.au/quality.html

Oh no Sad thank you for clarifying that...I have been using it for all these years & always just assumed it was made from 100% paw paw extract or something! Laughing

Ok so now I have to go out & find a new HG product Confused ...
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Have you used any of the other Trilogy products, Safire? They have several that interest me such as their CoQ10 Booster Serum.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Safire, if you were using Lucas Paw Paw as a lipbalm, try MooGoo Edible Lipbalm (not the honey one though)it is my HG. Otherwise, there are other paw paw ointments available at health food shops that don't have the petroleum. There's one in a yellow tube (i think it may have been Suvanna, from memory) that i found kind of grainy but there's one in a black tube (Pure Neutraceuticals) that is really nice & smells of coconut (devine!).

Skippy, i have tried Trilogy Vital Moisturising Cream but i found it not hydrating enough for my very dry skin.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Have you used any of the other Trilogy products, Safire? They have several that interest me such as their CoQ10 Booster Serum.

Skippie, I haven't tried the CoQ10 Serum yet, but have tried a few of their products like CindiLou said I've also used the Vital Moisturising Cream and didn't find it moisturising enough for my dry skin in winter but during summer it makes a nice, fairly light hydrating moisturiser. Also a friend of my mine who uses Trilogy (and has the most amazing skin!) recommended the Eye Contour Cream to me, which I found had a nice texture and was easily absorbed, but again probably not rich enough for my eye area. I quite like their Botanical Body Wash for my sensitive skin as well, but find it's a bit expensive for a shower gel. However their Rosehip Oil is their bestseller and star product, as far as I know Smile

Also thanks CindiLou for your recs Smile I will try the MooGoo lipbalm, as I have already tried a few of their products before and was quite pleased with them.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies, CindiLou and Safire. I guess I'll look for something closer to home.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

summer2004 did a nice little review of the CoQ10 Booster here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=547581#547581 It's on my list to try as I like their Rosehip oil.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:34 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Skippie wrote:

summer2004 did a nice little review of the CoQ10 Booster here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=547581#547581 It's on my list to try as I like their Rosehip oil.

Thanks havana. That's very helpful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Not really drugstore-but cheap enough!
usually they have free shipping in Canada and the US.

Yves rocher has some good items,
I am always surprized Nars has his gardenia oil and the Nars oil is so overpriced.
Yves Rocher has had a similar oil for 1/10th the price.

The Yves Rocher Monio hair and body oil.
it does moisturize the hair nicely and you can use it for the bath and body.
-there is no silicone in it that I know of.
-have not bought this ina while.
-often it is 2 for 1 here and now online it is around $12 for 100ml.

http://www.yvesrocher.ca/control/huile-tiare-tradition/?cmSrc=Category&hbxSrc=_Category

Yves Rocher blue cedar cologne.
is around $20 for 100ml here.
-it does not smell like cedar at all to me and is a very light fresh scent.
wears off pretty quick as it is a cologne and there is a lot of alcohol.
-light enough to not bother people if u work in an office.

http://www.yvesrocher.ca/control/parfums/eaux-vegetales/eau-de-cologne-cedre-bleu/?cmSrc=Category&hbxSrc=_Category

My favorite tanning cream from Yves rocher.
it is very light and almost like a gel, absorbs very well.
-do not like that they added a ton of sparkle to it now. sparkles do wash off tho.
-smells tropical like their monoi line.

http://www.yvesrocher.ca/control/soins-corps/autobronzants/3-en-1-lait-effet-lumiere-soin-autobronzant/?cmSrc=Category&hbxSrc=_Category

Their Inositol eye cream is really good too.
it is under $20 and has a kind of shine a bit that helps hide dark circle.
-helps with eye puffiness too.
-no fragrance so does not bother me.
-if you have very dry skin you might not like. very lightweight. I only use it some mornings.

http://www.yvesrocher.ca/control/soins-visage/soins-yeux-et-levres/soin-specifique-lissant-yeux/?cmSrc=Category&hbxSrc=_Category

I am not sure if there is Yves rocher stores in malls in the US.
where I live they have opened Yves rocher stores in every mall here lately.
quite often they have very good free gifts online too
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
my favorite eye makeup remover is the neutrogena one i find it works better than lancome bifacil
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I know there are some Canadians on here,
so thought I'd post my favorite way to get tons of extra points @ Shoppers Drugmart!

on certain days they have bonus points days,

now if you go to the Shoppers website you can see the monthly and weekly points bonus offers and print bonus point coupons there.
there is also many offers like maybe buy x brand and get 7,000 bonus points.

What most people do not know is that the bonus points get added to the 20x or special promotion day.

so in a was you are "double dipping" to get points, but this is allowed and it is the computers that automatically give you these points.

Also every month there is a different cosmetic brand that has extra bonus points all month long.

I know right now there is spend $40 on smashbox lip stuff and get 4,000 extra points.

if you go when it is a 20x day you would get the 4,000 + 10,000 (usually when u spend $50)

meaning u would get around 15,00 pts which equals $25 in merchandise (to spend on anything in the store, like food,more makeup ect)

their special offers are on this page also:

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Shoppers-Optimum/All-Optimum-Offers.aspx

-just wantd to add I actually have no points right now as I used them on groceries and boring drugstore items.
I've been staying away from any promo days since winter Smile

If you sign up for emails from SDM; you will receive special or "secret event" offers. For example I just received an email for 20X the points on Tuesday. You must bring the email coupon for the points.

Also if you purchase a gift certificate for SDM you get points. If you redeem it later you get all the points from that shopping trip.

I also redeem on bonus redemption days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Nymue wrote:
Ok, so I was reading this thread last week, and I came across the posts about the Neutrogena body oil. Their light sesame lotion has long been a favorite of mine, but I don't get it often because it's kind of on the pricey side. But I am absolutely in LOVE with the smell, and I liked how the lotion felt very light and not greasy at all. I don't know why I never thought about buying the body oil. Maybe because I was anti-oil for awhile before I knew any better! Laughing So I was stopping at Target on the way home anyway and they just HAPPENED to be running a sale on all of the Neutrogena stuff, so I picked up a big bottle of the body oil and wish I had done so sooner! Has the same scent that I love from the lotion, and I think the scent lasts longer too. I definitely put more than a few drops, and it still sinks right in. Only places where it sometimes feels a little greasy afterwards is in my knee and elbow pits. Feels great everywhere else. And it's certainly more economical than the lotion. I like the light sheen that it gives to skin as well. Luckily my b/f that I live with is also a fan of the scent, because he's going to be smelling it daily for a LOOOONG time! Very Happy
On a side note, I also picked up their Rainbath shower gel (guess I was in a splurge mood, but I told myself it was ok because it was on sale). I really liked the scent in the store, but I don't like it since I've gotten it home. You kind of have to use a lot to get a decent lather for your whole body too. It's got a bit of the old lady perfume smell. Reminds me of Avon's Skin So Soft a little bit. I'll rotate it in here and there with my other body wash until it's used up, but I won't be repurchasing that one.
Anyway, glad I came across this thread. Love Love LOVE the sesame scent!! The only thing I worry about with the body oil is being caught sniffing myself in public!!

The Netrogena body oil has been around for years. I recently just used up a bottle and I will repurchase when I see it on sale. Great stuff. Clean smell and absorbs quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I do like the La Roche Posay, Vichy and Avene lines at SDM.

Also available at SDM (and other stores in the US) is the Essence line of cosmetics. Made in Italy and pricing starts at $1.49. Nice to be able to treat yourself to a new colour item when on a budget (or you should be on a low buy.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:

Also available at SDM (and other stores in the US) is the Essence line of cosmetics. Made in Italy and pricing starts at $1.49. Nice to be able to treat yourself to a new colour item when on a budget (or you should be on a low buy.)

Some of the Essence line is made in China I think (some of the lip items??), but also FRANCE,POLAND and other places.
Nail polishes are from France and I hate their new formula.

Also at some of the Shoppers store they do the 20x event starting the day before and if you look in the flyer there is always some items at 20x "product bonus points".

That means you will get 40x points on those items.
I know I've done that so many times.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:25 am      Reply with quote
CeraVe's foaming facial cleanser isn't too bad.

I'm using that right now, though I might soon switch to something that's a little more hydrating.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
Autumn1995 wrote:

Some of the Essence line is made in China I think (some of the lip items??), but also FRANCE,POLAND and other places.
Nail polishes are from France and I hate their new formula.

Also at some of the Shoppers store they do the 20x event starting the day before and if you look in the flyer there is always some items at 20x "product bonus points".

That means you will get 40x points on those items.
I know I've done that so many times.

Isn't it great when you stack SDM points? I am not aware of any stores in my area that start the 20X points early. I do get a weekly (or more) email with notice of any promotions. Do you emails or does the store staff tell you?

I did just get an email good for Tuesday October 30 only for 20X points. It is worth it to sign up for email notification for promotions.

I was not aware that some Essence products could be made in China. I am very picky about where my cosmetics (skin care, etc.) comes from. I prefer to buy North American (keep the jobs here!) and ethical companies. I also disapprove of China's policy for animal testing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Olay Total Effects
Coppertone Sensitive Sunscreen
Jergens Self Tanner
Suave Clarifying Shampoo
Aussie Mega Conditioner
Suave Dry Shampoo
Psst Dry Shampoo
L'Oreal Elnett
L'oreal Magic BB Cream
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I also like Vaseline Intensive Care's cocoa butter body lotion as well as Colgate Total toothpaste.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
A great toothpaste for mature teeth - over 40 is Arm & Hammer Complete Care - enamel strenthening . It has a patented formula to create stonger enamel. Acid attacks of food, wine, etc over time weakens our enamel and this product decreases the acid abuse on older teeth and helps strengthen the enamel structure LOVE IT.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the fantastic suggestions...you ladies rock! All so willing to share. I'd forgotten about Amlactin, it's the only thing that makes my feet feel moisturized. Ran right out and bought a big bottle for $7.

If I could only remember all the things I used to know, and then use all the products I used to remember to use, I'd not only be smart but also beautiful!
lulu47

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Sally Hansen Complete Salon nail polish: Sold at CVS, Walmart, and pretty much everywhere. When you're too lazy to give yourself a manicure this is an awesome 1 step option. The finish is glossy and the red/pink shades look like I just had pedicure when I do my toes (even with just one coat!). I also love how sturdy the bottle is and how thick and lux the application brush is. Also, the shape of the brush is nice and I don't get as much on my cuticles. I have a bottle that has lasted me two years and still isn't crusty and icky! I imagine that if you took the time to do 2 coats, a gloss top coat, and dried them under a uv-type light you would have even better results. I don't know if this is the best way to give yourself a mani/pedi but it's definitely the easiest and quickest when you're on the go. Also, if your nails grow out or chip, just touch it up and you're good as new. A mini life saver for a Florida flip flop wearer like me.

Beyond Belief Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths: Not to be confused with the kind that are moist and look like baby wipes (those suck and leave a film on your face). These are dry, huge, and you have to moisten them to work. I cut 1 sheet into a bunch of small rectangles, lightly dampen one, and my waterproof mascara, eyeliner, etc. comes off with 1 or 2 GENTLE wipes. No scrubbing, no irritation, no red eyes, no mess, perfect for travel. One side is soft and the other has little bumps (I don't use that side).

Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment:
I no longer use this because I don't get pimples but this saved my life during my high school years. One little dab on a spot left to work as you sleep. The next day you wake up and MAGIC-the zit is gone. In college my male friend had a zit and was getting grad pictures taken the next day. I got him a tube of this and the next day he could not believe it was gone. He called me and was like "You were so right! This thing is a miracle. It's like magic!" He still uses it to this day, swears by it, and you'll find a little silver/purple tube in his bathroom drawer for the rest of his life. lol.

Mini eyebrow razors: I never thought I would switch from tweezing, to waxing, to this! My mom's friend who has young and awesome skin (looks like she's 24 like me) was telling me about her beauty routines and she told me that plucking and waxing makes the skin above your eyelids droopy over the years. She says she razors her eyebrows and her hair hasn't grown back thicker. I started doing it a month ago and I can say it's quicker, easier, and pain free. I look like I just got my brows waxed every day! I razor them once a week or once every 9 days.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Thanks for all the fantastic suggestions...you ladies rock! All so willing to share. I'd forgotten about Amlactin, it's the only thing that makes my feet feel moisturized. Ran right out and bought a big bottle for $7.

If I could only remember all the things I used to know, and then use all the products I used to remember to use, I'd not only be smart but also beautiful!

Wow! Where did you find Amlactin in a big bottle for $7? Lowest I see out there is around $14 for less than 8 oz.!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |