Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which make-up brush brand to buy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Which are the best make-up brushes?

Bobbi Brown
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Shu Uemura
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Armani
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mac
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Lauren Hutton
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NARS
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Sephora
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

panda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
For eyes: Bobbi Brown
For face: Shu U

i have a brow brush and eye lining brush from bb.

blush and loose powder brushes are shu u. i use these b/c they feel bushier and softer than the other brands.
sweetreat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
MAC brushes are hands down the best I've used so far... Sephora Professional (the slightly more expensive ones than their regular line) and Lise Watier are pretty good too especially considering the price!

I'm quite disappointed in the BE brushes because my kabuki (the full coverage + semi coverage) always leave hair on my face... Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I don't know how to vote.. but I will definitely recommend Bobbi's. MAC artists used their brushes to apply the testers on me, they just shreded crazily!!!

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
i love nars!
A & Z'S MOM

Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Smile Smile Smile MAC BRUSHES ARE GREAT! Smile Smile Smile
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I only have 2 brushes and both are wonderful. First, MAC blush brush I've had for almost 7 years now and works beautifully. The second, NARS powder foundation brush. Not sure if that's the actual name but it's the big fat brush. I've had it for almost a year and love it; works great for applying powder foundation giving an even coverage. It's a bit pricey for me, $50 but worth every penny. Hope that helps.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I bought the new Clinique antibacterial brushes. They are dipped in a solution that is keeps them from breeding bacteria. Meaning less breakouts. Im sure that there are better brushes out there but these are decent and I dont wear a ton of makeup so they serve their pourpose. I paid about 45$ for two es brushes, an eyeliner brush and a blush brush, they also came with a cute little case for storage. When I get more serious about investing Im sure I'll buy a better brand but, for what these are I think it was money well spent. Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
teatea wrote:
I have been disappointed with Bobbie Brown.

Details, please!
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
All my brushes are Trish McEvoy.

Love them! Super soft, and have lasted forever (7+ years) despite the fact that I treat them pretty poorly.

The only non-TM brush I have is Laura Mercier's concealer brush. But that's just because I bought it ages ago when I got their concealer. It's also a nice brush, but it just doesn't look as nice, IYKWIM.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Bobbi Brown

Shu Uemura

Mac
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Costco Brand- kirkland for $18
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend a good retractable foundation or kabuki brush?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I use both the BB and Mac brushes, I like BB brushes for the eyes. I have not tried the Mac Foundation Brush but looking forward to trying it.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Most of my brushes are from BB. They're very soft and natural, and so far I haven't experienced any shedding. To be honest, I love Shu Uemura brushes the most, but out of all 3 (BB, Shu, MAC) Shu brushes are the most expensive here in Thailand whereas BB and MAC are roughly the same prices (maybe $1-2 difference in price), so I went for BB. However, if I wore makeup more often, I would definitely invest on Shu brushes. But since I only wear makeup less than 10 times a year, BB works just fine for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the posters who said Japonesque are good brushes. I would like to buy their kabuki brush because the one that came with the BE mineral makeup kit hurts!! Also, they sometimes go on sale at ULTA and you can get them at 20% with the coupon if you're on their mailing list.
nubajelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
But if you want to go pricier, MAC brushes are awesome. I love their oversized powder and blush brushes.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
i like Bobbi Brown brushes Smile
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very sad my Armani blush #1 has been discontinued. It was the perfect shade for me. Now I'm back to searching.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Here are my favorites (except for Shu Uemura ones which I can't afford):

Liquid foundation: Bobbi Brown foundation brush

MMU foundation: Bobbi Brown kabuki and Alima #25

Eyeshadow: Laura Mercier Angled Contour brush and A'Squirrel eyeshadow brush

Tightlining: Laura Mercier Flat Eyeliner brush

Gel eyeliner: Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush

Brow: MAC #263

Cream concealor: MAC #194

MMU loose concealor: Alima #5

Powder: A'Squirrel Pure Squirrel Powder Brush

Blush: A'Squirrel Pure Squirrel Blush Brush and A'Squirrel Goat Hair Angled Brush

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oops...I forgot MAC #187 for blending liquid foundation and MAC #188 for blending blushes Smile For someone who hardly wears makeup I sure do have a lot of brushes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I like Shu Uemura brushes, good quality Smile
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I know this sounds a bit weird, but I use painter's brushes. Since I purchase a lot of art supplies, it is amazing the range of brushes you can get from a large art retailer. Many art brushes come with really long handles, but you can find short ones or cut the long ones down. There are some wonderful Japanese brushes that are amazingly soft and hands down they make the best eye liner brushes.
Oh, and they are a lot cheaper!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have really only one brush I use, my MAC brush for blush which I have had for at least 5 years and I absolutely love it. It has never shed on me and its great. However, I haven't taken very good care of it so now I am thinking about trying to clean it but I am not sure if that will hep given that I have never done so before and have had it for 5 years. Anyone have any idea about cleaning an older brush...is it still worth it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
gigiab6 wrote:
I have really only one brush I use, my MAC brush for blush which I have had for at least 5 years and I absolutely love it. It has never shed on me and its great. However, I haven't taken very good care of it so now I am thinking about trying to clean it but I am not sure if that will hep given that I have never done so before and have had it for 5 years. Anyone have any idea about cleaning an older brush...is it still worth it?

The thought that you've been using the same brush for 5 years without washing it at all kinda scares me. I think it's worth giving it a wash and see how it turns out. It might still work just fine. Make sure you clean it well though and don't forget to condition it Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Some nice artist brushes for make-up

If anyone is interested check these out:

http://www.dickblick.com/zz061/94/

http://www.dickblick.com/zz061/12a/

http://www.dickblick.com/zz069/42/

http://www.dickblick.com/zz065/28/

http://www.dickblick.com/zz061/73/

http://www.dickblick.com/zz054/24/

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |