Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
:: Review :: Dermalogica Pre-cleanse
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
This actually sounds really good, I do like a cleanser that removes sunscreen easily and effeciently. Looks like this is going to be added to my wishlist
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:51 am      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
Although pre-cleanse is being compared to OCM, but I think it is a much lighter version of OCM. The oil is almost runny. When I drop some onto my palm, it is not very viscous and I would describe it as 'thin' as water but it's oily! And yes, you would definitely need to use your normal cleanser after it. ...

Dr. Penguin, your description of PreCleanse is right on. When I use it, after rinsing I wipe my face off with a wet white washcloth and there is no makeup residue on the washcloth (unlike what happened when I used Burt's Bees Soapbark & Chamomile cream cleanser), so I think it really takes all makeup off pretty well (I use MMU on my face, and PreCleanse dissolves it really well). I only use it in the evening, and have been using another cleanser afterward, or using something that foams a bit with my Clarisonic.
sormuimui wrote:
Maybe it's just me but I don't get cloudiness at all when I use this over my eyes. No stinging either. It takes of all my eye makeup whether I have loads on or not. ...

Sormuimui, I agree almost 100% - doesn't sting my eyes at all, but I do get a bit of cloudiness if I get it in my eyes, but it rinses away with water immediately. No eye problems with this stuff and I love it!
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I received quite a few sample sachets of this from a beautician Smile & I was amazed at how well it removes all my makeup, sunscreen, oil, grime etc...to the point where I feel I don't actually need the 2nd cleanser at all! I also love the mild lavender scent! Very Happy But I find it's a bit too expensive for the amount of product you get, so I'm trying to find a less expensive cleansing oil that works just as well as this one Confused
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
... But I find it's a bit too expensive for the amount of product you get, so I'm trying to find a less expensive cleansing oil that works just as well as this one Confused

I agree with you, Safire, and the only reason why I purchased mine is because I had a $25.00 gift certificate! I think the formula would probably be really easy to DIY. I might have to send the list of ingredients over to CareKate and ask her if she can duplicate it (what am I saying? OF COURSE she can duplicate it!).
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I guess it is a bit expensive compared to all the other raved Cleansing Oils like Decleor, DHC, Laventine but it's also a lot lighter than the other ones. I've had mine for 4-5 months and have 1/3 or more left so imo it's not really as expensive as it seems.
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am still really, really loving this product especially as it is taking off all my seasonal party make up.
jwils
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
How much of this does everyone use? I just purchased this recently but it seems as though it will not last long as I find I'm using quite a bit to cleanse my face. Maybe I'm using more than I need.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I use about 5 drops. The opening is quite easy to control how many drops you use. Sometimes if I have heavier makeup - like lots of mascara I'll use 6 drops. For me this is enough to take off everything. This is a very light oil so it's not supposed to give you a ton of slip, when I massage this on my face I get a little bit of friction, but nothing uncomfortable. It's also enough to emulsify nicely. Using more than enough will not really enhance its effects.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:

I agree with you, Safire, and the only reason why I purchased mine is because I had a $25.00 gift certificate! I think the formula would probably be really easy to DIY. I might have to send the list of ingredients over to CareKate and ask her if she can duplicate it (what am I saying? OF COURSE she can duplicate it!).

That would be a good idea! Very Happy I'm even thinking of making my own & saving a decent amount of $$. After looking at various brands/ingredients, it doesn't seem to hard to make your cleansing oil. Wink
jwils
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sormuimui. This is the first cleansing oil I've tried and I think I was expecting more slip. When I experienced the friction you mentioned, I thought I wasn't using enough. Now that I know that is how it's supposed to be, I'll try just using 5 or 6 drops and see if it removes all of my makeup.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I actually quite like that friction because I have acneic skin and I wear MMU so by the end of the day sometimes the parts where I cover up and put extra MMU is a bit dry. The friction while I'm massaging helps me slough off any flakies I have or dead skin that's ready to come off. So in a way this helps smooth out my skin as well.
jwils
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I actually like the slight friction too for the same reason! I've been using Retin A for the past few months and I find that massaging the cleansing oil on my face helps to remove any flakies that may have been caused by the Retin A.

Have you tried any other cleansing oils? If you did, which ones and did you find that any of them contributed to breakouts?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Pre-Cleanse is my first oil cleanser so I can't compare. However I'm keen on trying Decleor as I heard that is a very good cleansing oil as well. I do think that Pre-Cleanse will be better in the summertime though so I might just stick with it since it'll be another few months before I use it up.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
For removing sunscreen,I wanna use it.Because cleansing oil cause blackhead and acne.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Ive been using it for months and have never followed with another cleanser. My skin feels heaps clean afterwards and I use euro sunscreens. Had no pore clogging from not following with another cleanser.

I also agree with it being good when you use retin a. I find it helps remove the peeling skin. When I massage it in I can see some loose skin has come off so its def keeping the peeling under control.

5% products discount

Mon May 14, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I have used this product for the past year or so and like the way it removes makeup and sunscreen. I use about 7 drops, massage it on my dry face, emulsify it with water and finish with a damp wash cloth after rinsing. Then it is time for regular cleanser and toner if you use it.I have not found that it bothers my eyes.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Is it "safe" for oily skin?
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it is! I've been using it for a year now and I love it because it's such a simple fail-proof product that removes my makeup and sunscreen in one quick easy step. A major plus is that my oily hormonal-acne prone skin doesn't react to it.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird: have you tried other cleansing oils? I too have been using Pre-cleanse for a year now and love it, but there are so many kinds out there that are cheaper (although it lasts me forever as I only use 6 drops each time).
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 1:23 am      Reply with quote
dreamcat wrote:
For removing sunscreen,I wanna use it.Because cleansing oil cause blackhead and acne.

I thought this product sounds like an oil cleanser?
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 4:58 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
dollbird: have you tried other cleansing oils? I too have been using Pre-cleanse for a year now and love it, but there are so many kinds out there that are cheaper (although it lasts me forever as I only use 6 drops each time).

sormuimui -- not dollbird, but I use (and love) Precleanse. I always follow Precleanse with a regular cleanser.

I have used the GOW cleansing oil and the DHC.

Even though the DHC is thicker than the Precleanse, I like it a lot as it rinses away cleanly just as the Precleanse does. I think that the DHC is a little less expensive than the Dermalogica.

Not crazy for GOW's -- too thick, too hard to rinse off. The price is great though!

I've heard good things about Babor, but never tried it.

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 5:07 am      Reply with quote
I've used DHC, Shu Uemura, and Babor. I wasn't impressed with DHC at all. I left my skin dry and taut although it was probably the easiest to rinse off and didn't leave any residue. Although it's excellent at removing makeup and is very cheap. Shu Uemura was my favorite makeup remover for several years until my skin became drier and it just totally messed up my already dry skin. It dried it out even more, irritated it badly and left me with loads of white heads and flakies. So, I gave it to my boyfriend and he seemed to not mind using it. As for Babor, it's not the best at removing makeup, but I'd say it's the gentlest out of the 3 I've used and didn't dry out my skin at all. However, I felt it didn't rinse clean and left a film on my face (although it never broke me out and I never followed with another cleanser). It's also more hassle to use as it's a 2-step cleansing oil. You need to use the oil followed by the Phytoactive. For reference, I was using the Hy Ol and the Phytoactive Sensitive. My boyfriend used it once and hated it. He said his face felt oily and it didn't feel clean at all. And I could actually see the film of oil on his face!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Where I live, there is a Japanese brand called Fancl which makes a good cleansing oil. Can be applied on dry or damp skin, emulsifies easily and rinses off cleanly. We are in the tropics, so I'm not sure if this one would be too drying in winter weather.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks marla and lynn! I think I might stick with the Pre-cleanse then. DHC felt really thick and I prefer the types of oils in Pre-Cleanse a bit more. Same with Shu - the ingredients in Shu doesn't look too nice plus the reviews seem to be very mixed with a group who love it and a group that breaks out from it.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Thanks marla and lynn! I think I might stick with the Pre-cleanse then. DHC felt really thick and I prefer the types of oils in Pre-Cleanse a bit more. Same with Shu - the ingredients in Shu doesn't look too nice plus the reviews seem to be very mixed with a group who love it and a group that breaks out from it.

I'm gonna have to try Precleanse one of these days. It's just that I'm so hooked on Eve Lom's cleanser at the moment. Smile

Babor is more or less the same consistency as DHC. Shu is lighter than DHC and no, it doesn't have good ingredients at all.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |