Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dermalogica Pre-cleanse
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I've tried this and it works really well in removing makeup and sunscreen with the exception of waterproof mascara. Needed a few rounds. It's very light and silky, similar to Laventine's cleansing oil but much more expensive. Washes clean too with no breakouts.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in this to use before the JM Bioglycolic cleanser to remove make-up. If I followed correctly, you put some oil in the palms of your hands and rub on your face + lashes, then wash it off? Do you use a tissue or cotton bud to wipe it off before washing? And how can oil be washed away w/o soap??! I am confused...
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Agent, all you do is apply dry to the face with your hands and then rinse with water.The oil mixes well with the water and rinses clean.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
i used it a few times, it has a smooth oil texture that dissolves with the oil on my skin. I didn't buy this after using the sample because I didn't see much difference between using it and not using it. I also do not use make up so maybe that's why it's not much of a benefit to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks annie313 and dsq.
maliktai
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I tried this and found it irritated my eyes - not terribly, but uncomfortably. I then tried Aloette which is okay, but a little runny. For the past year or so, I have been using Pur Minerals Mineral Melt which I really love. It seems rather thick going on but has not caused my somewhat oily skin any problems at all. It takes away everything quickly and effortlessly and rinses easily. I then follow with a cleanser. Really like this product. Finding the right product for you is a matter of trial and error.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I want to try that too, but there is no sample or trial size available...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I really wanted to like this cleansing oil, but I don't... I have sensitive combination skin and this product makes my skin congest. I don't know why, I love cleansing oils and only mineral oil based ones make me break out. I find the consitency too runny, it disappears on my skin and there is too much friction when I try to massage (maybe why I break out?). I do find it hard to remove, even when using a second cleanser. For the price I am very disappointed, a very mediocre product from Dermalogica. I will return to my beloved Babor hy-öl. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Dermalogica Precleanse, it's easy to use and gets skin deep down clean yet not tight or dry.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica is always manufacturing great new products!! Has anyone had a bad reaction to the oils in this product? I would be a bit worried of massaging my makeup with oil into my pores?? Strage concept???
Yulia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
If this is so good at removing makeup without leaving a residue, why would I need to follow with another cleanser? Do I really need yet another step in my skincare regime...???

Confused

Yulia
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yulia wrote:
If this is so good at removing makeup without leaving a residue, why would I need to follow with another cleanser? Do I really need yet another step in my skincare regime...???

Confused

Yulia

That's what I thought (why do I have to pre clean?) and then I got a sample and tried it. It adds to the effectiveness of your cleanser - gets a deep down clean, I use it a night. It's easy enough to get Dermalogica samples, any place that sells Dermalogica products has them, you can buy them on ebay or you can ask for one with your next EDS order. Give it a try before you rule it out completely.
Yulia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Jom Smile I was too curious about this, so I just bought a travel size on eBay, can't wait to try it out, now!

Cheers
Yulia
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Yulia Ive been using if for a year. I never follow with another cleanse! works good for me Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Well, having never used a cleansing oil before, I bought a trial size of the Precleanse, plus I bought two Shu Uemura cleansing oil trial sizes to compare with the Precleanse (Premium A/O and Premium A/I). Here's my impression:

The Precleanse has a very strong scent - it works OK, but my sensitive skin feels a little irritated after using it. I also don't like the idea of having to use a pre-cleanser followed by a regular a cleanser. Too many steps in my already complicated routine! Although I agree with carolb69 that you don't really need to user another cleanser after Precleanse, I reckon that's just a way to get people to buy two products instead of one!

I don't love the Shu Uemura A/O either, as it also seems a little irritating, but I do like the Shu Uemura A/I for my sensitive skin. It has a pleasant, light scent, emulsifies well, and leaves my skin soft and free of makeup. It's a little messier than my regular cleanser, and I find I need to rinse more thoroughly to get all the oil off my face, but it's great for when I've been wearing heavier makeup.

I will probably buy a full size of the Shu A/I when my trial size runs out, and use it on those heavy makeup days - that is, if I can find it at a discounted price... it's so expensive! Especially here in Australia, where all beauty products are over-inflated Shock.

Cheers Smile
Yulia
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to be the one to rain on the parade here....

I really dislike the PreCleanse. It is sticky, overly perfumed with something citrusy which makes my eyes tear like crazy, and it doesn't remove non-wp mascara at all, only makes it slide around on your face. I have discontinued using it. I had quite high expectations, but here, Dermalogica disappointed me. I prefer the much cheaper MAC Cleanse-off oil.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Right now I use Ponds cold cream as a type of "pre-cleansing" routine... but if the lousy stuff gets into my tightly-shut eyes I can barely see for a couple of hours! I hate that. I have really sensitive eyes. Plus I don't know if my bank account can handle Dermalogica products... but if it really works, as stated here in the thread, perhaps its worth it?
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
another product i love

i have sensitive, acne prone, comb/oily skin...
pregnant right now...

precleanse cleans off all of my eye makeup,
i love the citrusy scent~~

loving this product!!

5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I love everthing about this cleanser! It smells great and I love massaging my face with it!
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:16 am      Reply with quote
was given a sample of preclease, it's more runny compared to my MCO, but i love the scent and it's really gentle on my sensitive skin and takes away my makeup completely. totally love the product.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
The precleanse is like oil. It smelled very good. I wonder what essential oil got mixed in the formula. What was the thing that turned it milky when you rub it with water? I just tried it once last night, and I like it.
hippie_sotong
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I've finished 2 bottles of precleanse and the only reason why i changed brand was because it was kinda expensive to maintain!

the cleansing oil cleanses off really well. i find it no different from mac cleanse off oil or DHC or Fancl. I like its light texture, I think mostly because it uses kukui oil (a super light oil)
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Yep, precleanse worked well for a while but dried me out in Winter. I ended up with flaky irritated skin like a previous poster stated. I also had cloudy eyes when I used it. Wouldn't recommend for contact users. We already put our poor eyes through enough. Overall I consider myself mostly done with dermalogica. I think there are far superior products out there. The company has good name recognition at spas though - I was always confused by that because I don't think you get what you pay for with Dermalogica.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone just used the precleanse without following up with the cleanser? I did just that. I couldn't tell the difference between the precleanse and a cream cleanser.
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ive used the pre cleanse without a additonal cleanser and personally i didnt feel my face was clean, i needed something else to get rid of the residue which was left behind.

I love this product i ahve tried the oil cleansing method and this far exceeds any results i got with that.

I usually follow up with special cleansing gel right after and have noticed my skin isnt as oily or congested as it used to be.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |