Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Organic Skincare?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sassenach
5% products discount

Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
For serums, I think Jurlique is unmatched. Cleansers, masks and moisturizers: Dr Hauschka.
Hair oil, body oil, eye cream: Weleda.
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Pure Skin Formualtions (PSF) is my fave line. I've tried Eminence but I wasn't terribly impressed by it and a little bit pricey
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
evanhealy is above and beyond...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Everything I use would be considered organic skincare. The lines I use (which, of course, are the ones I consider the best Very Happy ) are Devita, Best Bath Store, 100% Pure, and PSF. However, I very much pick and choose the "star" products from each line.

Devita: sunscreen
Best Bath Store: acne gel
100% Pure: caffeine eye cream

Ok, I just realized that I just transcribed most of my signature. I also use other products from these lines (I haven't even tried all the products I'm interested in in these lines) and other lines as well. The line that's the most "one hit wonder" to me is Devita. Devita reaaaally hit the home run with that sunscreen, but I'm not that interested in trying their other products. I also like the Juice Beauty blemish serum, but I'm not interested in trying the rest of the line.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is PSF, which seems like a really consistent line (except for sunscreen). However, as of yet, there's nothing here that I "can't like without". The closest product to a star product (of the PSF products I've tried) is the PSF R&R Toner, which I do love and recommend (but can live without).

5% products discount

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder nobody mention about sisley, I would like to try it if I have more money.
winniewyf
5% products discount

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Dr.H's eye cream -- very good, can tighten my eyes

Juice beauty - Geen Apple Moisturize SPF 15. dont like its texture and smell, not really fresh, seems a bit artifical

Aesop -- Parsley Seed Anti-oxidant serum - excellent. good smell lavender scent and moisture my skill even at night. I feel less oily when i wake up

Aesop -- Mandarin Facial Hydrating Cream - Good at night

Do anyone use Suki
I am considering buying Suki's toner or Dr H facial toner. Do anyone give me some suggestion?
seems much good comments on Dr H facial toner but it contains alcohol? what can i choose? Rolling Eyes
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Smoky1 wrote:
I truly don't believe there is such a thing as "organic" skincare. Product lines that I looked at still have ingredients that appear to be chemicals (although I know that everything in the world is a chemical!) that I cannot pronounce. When I have to use the internet to research an ingredient, to me it is not 'organic'. On other threads, I have read John Hill indicate that organic doesn't exist.

somehow it's true, I am not sure if products contain alcohol can still be called "organic" as Dr. H products have alcohols...
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
naturallyhappy31 wrote:
i wonder if this has ever been polled??? i would like to try a more organic line, but never really see any results. sure eminence organics smells yummy, but i didn't see any benefits. sounds like most love dr. haushka. anyone seen a poll on this?

same here, although I really love to switch to organic, I don't see any good results with some of the products, such as Jurlique's herbal recovery gel, the texture and smell is good but they do nothing to my skin.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
In my case it did not help with anything - uneven skin tone, old and a few new acne scars, some acne, eye bags/beginn. wrinkles; neck, which begins to show my age, - nothing dramatic.

Jurlique went back to the store, Dr. H did as well, the only one which I did like was Rosa Y Fruta (my mom lover her body cream).

HTH,
Lucy.

I have to concur with that statement. maybe it's good for younger skin, not so much in anti-aging, for that we still depend on chemicals...
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
bees wrote:
I wonder nobody mention about sisley, I would like to try it if I have more money.

Sisly is not organic.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I love the organicpharmacy (http://www.theorganicpharmacy.com/). Their stuff is really good quality (but a little pricey but hey you get what you pay for there) and they do mail order. The rose cleanser is really nice and they had a fantastic oil for the skin which was very costly but worked wonders for me personally!

wow it is pricy, what oil are you refering to, is it rosehip seed oil? good for acne scars?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to know about organic pharmacy too.

They have a store that sells them in NYC.

I have several of their products at home (patience is not my virtue) and even though I loved the products (smell, luxirious feeling, pure ingredients, etc.) I did not see any amazing results (also most likely my fault for not trying them long enough).

Sean - please, let us know.

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I would love to know about organic pharmacy too.

They have a store that sells them in NYC.

I have several of their products at home (patience is not my virtue) and even though I loved the products (smell, luxirious feeling, pure ingredients, etc.) I did not see any amazing results (also most likely my fault for not trying them long enough).

Sean - please, let us know.

TIA

We want to be pretty and healthy, problem is, hard to achieve both of them at the same time.Sad
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Wow great post with lots of great information. I have searched throought this forum and havent found much information on Stem Organics and Pure Skincare. What do you guys think of these lines?
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I didn't see any comments on Aveda products, I just had one facial done in a spa two days ago and my face still has the nice glow until today. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this line?
havana8

Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
AMIntheMorning wrote:
Wow great post with lots of great information. I have searched throought this forum and havent found much information on Stem Organics and Pure Skincare. What do you guys think of these lines?

AM, when you say "Pure Skincare", do you mean 100% Pure? If so, try searching for "100% Pure" from Manslayerliz, ginnielizz or Nimue as they've all written about the line.

HTHs! Smile
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I am SO glad I discovered this thread!! There is actually a ton of lines that I am more interested in than Stem Organics and PSF!! I've pretty much bookmarked all the websites of the natural products that were mentioned in this thread.

I also came across some users in this thread saying that organic/natural skincare is fine for young skin but that for more aging skin people would need the cosmeseutical chemicals. Has anyone discovered a natural/organic line that proves otherwise? Any suggestions?

Also I ordered a whole bunch of Kosmea products and can't wait to get those, my skin type is mildy oily with congestion problems (blackheads) on my nose, chin and inner cheeks and I also have some fine lines on my forehead, I am thinking due to dehydration. Is there a line out theere with a good deongestant products, ie, serums, mask, oils, exfoliants?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
AMIntheMorning wrote:

Is there a line out theere with a good deongestant products, ie, serums, mask, oils, exfoliants?

YES--Osea is fantastic.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/osea-marine-skin-care-products.htm

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
AMIntheMorning wrote:

Is there a line out theere with a good deongestant products, ie, serums, mask, oils, exfoliants?

YES--Osea is fantastic.

--avalange

Thanks, will check it out on Osea.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Primivera - great line I did a review not long ago thing is they only sell it at Saffron-Rogue.com but its great similiar to Dr H

HTH

Can you find out your review? I recently joined Saffron-Rogue and am really curious about this line.
sylvitay
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
This is a good thread, thank you! I am very sensitive to so many ingredients, most lines you list here, I had trouble with. Southersun not all alcohols are the same and Dr.H products don't use a fatty alcohol, they use alcohol as part of their preservation. Most natural and organic lines contain some really not good stuff, and silicones, which I really don't do well with. The absolute purest, best natural, organic, anti-aging product line, and EDS carries it is NaturDerm. They use preservative free ingredients, no silicones or parabens. I have never used products that gave me more dramatic results, I love them. The Triple Lavender Face Foam is, well delicious comes to mind. Nothing has made a difference for my blackheads and scarring like Epidermx II and Chrysalyx, and I love not having to use 10 different products, or toner!One of the few companies that uses pure Acetyl Hexapeptide instead of the Argireline, which has 3 or 4 parabens in it, that is the Naturdermx. I love their streamlined natural approach, makes my life much easier! I like the Burt's Bees products for my body and love their nail products. It gives me extra$ so I can spend it on my face! Wink
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
avalange, any products in particular? Smile

avalange wrote:
AMIntheMorning wrote:

YES--Osea is fantastic.

--avalange
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
So many lines and only one face, lol... which products from NaturDerm work specifically for blackheads for you?

sylvitay wrote:
This is a good thread, thank you! I am very sensitive to so many ingredients, most lines you list here, I had trouble with. Southersun not all alcohols are the same and Dr.H products don't use a fatty alcohol, they use alcohol as part of their preservation. Most natural and organic lines contain some really not good stuff, and silicones, which I really don't do well with. The absolute purest, best natural, organic, anti-aging product line, and EDS carries it is NaturDerm. They use preservative free ingredients, no silicones or parabens. I have never used products that gave me more dramatic results, I love them. The Triple Lavender Face Foam is, well delicious comes to mind. Nothing has made a difference for my blackheads and scarring like Epidermx II and Chrysalyx, and I love not having to use 10 different products, or toner!One of the few companies that uses pure Acetyl Hexapeptide instead of the Argireline, which has 3 or 4 parabens in it, that is the Naturdermx. I love their streamlined natural approach, makes my life much easier! I like the Burt's Bees products for my body and love their nail products. It gives me extra$ so I can spend it on my face! Wink
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:27 am      Reply with quote
I also use Dr Haushka and like their products however I've used them for almost 2 years and wish to change a new brand. I think my skin's too accustomed to this. Am considering PSF after coming across this brand on the forum here.
julesee
5% products discount

Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:36 am      Reply with quote
jumbosstar42 wrote:
I also use Dr Haushka and like their products however I've used them for almost 2 years and wish to change a new brand. I think my skin's too accustomed to this. Am considering PSF after coming across this brand on the forum here.

Hi there jumbostar42 i use Dr Hauschka too. Just put of interest what brand does PSF stand for. (i always get confused when its an abbreviation) Thanks Julie
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |