Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Best Organic Skincare?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
some other favorites:

for body care - Weleda!!! esp Skin Food (I use this on my legs, elbows, and on my lips, which get super chapped), Sage Deodorant, and Sea Buckthorn Creamy Body Wash (smells like oranges)

for sun - Pratima Neem Rose Face Sunscreen 30 SPF (I think sold only through Pratima in NY and Vert in LA, both of which have websites)
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Ooh! I'm always on the lookout for a good physical sunscreens, and at first glance, pratima seems like a good one! (Zinc oxide 18.6%, and reasonably priced as well)

Do you use the facial version or the body version? (Or Both?) If you use both, how are they different, if at all? Do you have the ingredients listing for the body one, I'm having trouble finding it.

How does the pratima sunscreen feel? Is it "flaky"? What other physical sunscreens have you tried? (to have a basis for comparison)

sark wrote:
some other favorites:

for body care - Weleda!!! esp Skin Food (I use this on my legs, elbows, and on my lips, which get super chapped), Sage Deodorant, and Sea Buckthorn Creamy Body Wash (smells like oranges)

for sun - Pratima Neem Rose Face Sunscreen 30 SPF (I think sold only through Pratima in NY and Vert in LA, both of which have websites)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think there is a best brand which have the best products for all. I believe there are only fit you most product, not best product.
I like dr. hauschka, expecially the lip stick, best for me, however, lots of people don't like it. And the rose cream for winter wind.
But I also like the rose oil from NYR, hand cream from L'occitane, the promise mask from Aesop,serum form Chantecaille. They are all good. I could not find a brand which works best for all.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
If any Aussies are feeling the pinch at the moment because of the Aussie dollar, Mt Romance sandalwood products are lovely. I visited the factory earlier this year and bought a few of their products and was very pleasantly surprised at how good they felt on the skin. They are also very reasonably priced. They mainly use jojoba with the sandalwood extract. Many of the Remergent products have sandalwood extract very high on the ingredient list.
http://www.mtromance.com.au/

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:05 am      Reply with quote
chicot wrote:
I don't think there is a best brand which have the best products for all. I believe there are only fit you most product, not best product.
I like dr. hauschka, expecially the lip stick, best for me, however, lots of people don't like it. And the rose cream for winter wind.
But I also like the rose oil from NYR, hand cream from L'occitane, the promise mask from Aesop,serum form Chantecaille. They are all good. I could not find a brand which works best for all.

I think your opinion seems reasonable,there is no brand which works best for all. But I cant imagine if someone using a different brand in her skin step by step, these ingredients wouldnt conflict with each other?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:50 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
If any Aussies are feeling the pinch at the moment because of the Aussie dollar, Mt Romance sandalwood products are lovely. I visited the factory earlier this year and bought a few of their products and was very pleasantly surprised at how good they felt on the skin. They are also very reasonably priced. They mainly use jojoba with the sandalwood extract. Many of the Remergent products have sandalwood extract very high on the ingredient list.
http://www.mtromance.com.au/

Yes, my international purchasing has come to a screeching halt at the moment. Thanks for the link to this site, the products look very interesting and the prices are great. I've also gone overboard on oils lately and I'm now making my own fragrance with sandalwood and patchouli.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
Ooh! I'm always on the lookout for a good physical sunscreens, and at first glance, pratima seems like a good one! (Zinc oxide 18.6%, and reasonably priced as well)

Do you use the facial version or the body version? (Or Both?) If you use both, how are they different, if at all? Do you have the ingredients listing for the body one, I'm having trouble finding it.

How does the pratima sunscreen feel? Is it "flaky"? What other physical sunscreens have you tried? (to have a basis for comparison)

sark wrote:
some other favorites:

just the face spf - it's very smooth and feels somewhat thin, which i like - not heavy at all. definitely smells like roses, but that fades pretty quickly once it's on your skin. in the past i've tried zenbiotic's sunscreen, and the texture of this one is somewhat similar - i stopped using that one b/c i don't think it has an official spf and wasn't sure how well it actually worked. i've also used the organic pharmacy spf, but that one felt quite heavy to me.
i've still been using chemical spfs for general body application - the last non-organic/natural product i use. i just love the ease of application of the shady day spf wipes, but perhaps at some point i'll try the pratima body also . . .
chicot
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:08 am      Reply with quote
lilyflower wrote:
chicot wrote:

I think your opinion seems reasonable,there is no brand which works best for all. But I cant imagine if someone using a different brand in her skin step by step, these ingredients wouldnt conflict with each other?

That is good question. I don't know it is good or not. I used to use one brand at a time, and keep the fit me most name for the future. Although I like dr. hauschka product, I could only ask my friend in german to buy it once a year for me. And the aesop and chantecaille is also kind of hard to me to get. Otherwise, the price will be unhappy for me.

In this way, I like the HR prodigy eye cream, as I could not get it, I had to gave it up, however, I still like it.
leshan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is combination oily. My favarits is Dr Hauschka, jurluly and origins. Now I just begin to try origins for some samples, they work very well.
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:54 am      Reply with quote
chicot wrote:
lilyflower wrote:
chicot wrote:

That is good question. I don't know it is good or not. I used to use one brand at a time, and keep the fit me most name for the future. Although I like dr. hauschka product, I could only ask my friend in german to buy it once a year for me. And the aesop and chantecaille is also kind of hard to me to get. Otherwise, the price will be unhappy for me.

In this way, I like the HR prodigy eye cream, as I could not get it, I had to gave it up, however, I still like it.

hi chicot,
now you can order dr.hauschka on this site.
speaking of dr.hauschka,have you ever used Dr.Hauschka Eye Solace and their mask?which is the best one of their mask?i cant find out Eye Solace on eds.sorry for so many questions
alexol
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
leshan wrote:
My skin is combination oily. My favarits is Dr Hauschka, jurluly and origins. Now I just begin to try origins for some samples, they work very well.

ORIGINS? You mean the brand under ESTEE LAUDER corp.?
Definitely, it can not be called organic excepet newly released Organics line.
I prefer the organic products from European countries and Aussie, like NYR, Aesop, Sanoflore, Tautropfen, Weleda and Trilogy etc.
Most of them got certificated on organics and have their own farm.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Anybody else with Pratima sunblock experience? I'm really curious about this! Thanks!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Jaui

Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm surprised nobody has tried out the Stella McCartney CARE line. I've been using it for the past year and it has done wonders. It's a simple line consisting of (usually) a cleanser, spray toner, moisturizer and serum (and they give you a nifty display holder when you buy all four).

I have oily skin, so I've been using their foaming cleanser. It really has brightened up my skin and it's also been a lot less oily. It has 100% organic active ingredients (unfortunately, I guess it's not ALL organic) and it smells really natural too.
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer Dr. H. Actually, I was tempted to try Jurlique just this past year and switched back right after.
chicot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
lilyflower wrote:

hi chicot,
now you can order dr.hauschka on this site.
speaking of dr.hauschka,have you ever used Dr.Hauschka Eye Solace and their mask?which is the best one of their mask?i cant find out Eye Solace on eds.sorry for so many questions

Sorry, I never tried the eye solace or their masks, I could not help you about that. I am using the Guerlain masks, they are good to me.

I ordered some Dr. Hauschka products from EDS, however, the price in the north american is way too high compare with the price in German, so I decided to let my friend shop it for me. And as they going to increase the price again, I don't know wether I will use it any more.
nyamyj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Although it's natural and not organic, I love Dr. H. I'm afraid to switch to another line. I may treat myself to the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:55 am      Reply with quote
This may sound lame from someone who thinks that they know a lot about skincare. Sad
Is Darphin considered to be a natural or an organic line? I am basing my question on the ingredient list that includes essential oils & plant extracts. I always thought that Declor was a sort of "copycat" Darphin & isn't it considered to be natural? Just wondering....
BTW - Darphin is the ONLY Estee Lauder product that I use(d) & would continue to purchase. Neutral (and in very limited amounts) Exclamation
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
My faves are Jurlique and suki.
but i only use suki's body lotion and rose hand cream from Jurlique.i am not such "green"

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if anyone has mentioned mountain rose herbs yet. They are a completely organic company which sells lovely facial products along with their many teas and bulk items for making your own natural products. I am a huge fan of their wild rose oil.
hellcat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dr Hauscka, but I want to try some other nature products, maybe there's something that fits me much more.
ramses
5% products discount

Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin. I like Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum, the packing could be improved though.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Do any of you GO TOTALLY natural or organic or do you use in combination with other products that are not natural or organic? I've just read so many bad things about ingredients such as perservatives, artificial colors, laurel sulfate, etc.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying a new line from Australia - xtendlife. It is all natural (from organic ingredients), free of bad chemicals, inexpensive, and so far I like it quite a bit (to my own surprise).

So for now it is a combo of Seachi and Xtendlife.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
aesop organic skin care

i am combination skin and bit of oily. i love hydrting serum. eye cream and the organnic toner. they are all nice for combination skins.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I am trying a new line from Australia - xtendlife. It is all natural (from organic ingredients), free of bad chemicals, inexpensive, and so far I like it quite a bit (to my own surprise).

So for now it is a combo of Seachi and Xtendlife.

well ,i am in australia as well, but i have no idea about the brand that u talk about
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |