Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Organic Skincare?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, the line is from New Zealand.
You can look them up at www.xtend-life.com.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
Do any of you GO TOTALLY natural or organic or do you use in combination with other products that are not natural or organic? I've just read so many bad things about ingredients such as perservatives, artificial colors, laurel sulfate, etc.

I have - I've got my products down to Dr. Alkaitis (all face items), Weleda and Ren (body), Pratima (SPF and shampoo), John Masters (styling products), and Morrocco Method (conditioner). So far I'm happier with the results than when I was combining some natural and some not.
hellcat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Sorry, the line is from New Zealand.
You can look them up at www.xtend-life.com.

HTH

It seems so nice, thanks for info.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
The line is nice - but after using it for a week and a half it seems to be doing something positive for my skin. It is still to early to say, but looks promising.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
divalovesmusic wrote:
Do any of you GO TOTALLY natural or organic or do you use in combination with other products that are not natural or organic? I've just read so many bad things about ingredients such as perservatives, artificial colors, laurel sulfate, etc.

I have - I've got my products down to Dr. Alkaitis (all face items), Weleda and Ren (body), Pratima (SPF and shampoo), John Masters (styling products), and Morrocco Method (conditioner). So far I'm happier with the results than when I was combining some natural and some not.

I've gone all natural too in the last year -- Suki exfoliating cleanser, Essential Wholesale for conditioner and body lotions, Devita sunscreen, Zoya nail polish (as good as you can get with nail polish), MMU, PSF and Juice Beauty masks, Caudalie skincare, Shea Terra organics, natural oils, etc. I'm late twenties, so I know my skin needs "less," but I still have enough concerns to warrant help. I've been pleased with how I look with these products (I know I'm partially better than before simply because I'm paying more attention to my skin, but still...)

And I like knowing what I'm putting on my skin... The only "bad" thing I've noticed is that my skin is much more sensitive now to chemically-fragranced products, etc. I hadn't thought about building up a negative reaction to unnatural stuff, but I suppose it makes sense! Smile

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Rebeccawu
5% products discount

Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:15 am      Reply with quote
How about Jurlique?

I'm currently using the arnica cream. It really fits me.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Suki is my favorite.
eliza

Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive combo skin (dry in the winter oily in summer) and i only use natural/organic products, preferably those that are biodegradable. I absolutely love Josie Maran's organic argan oil for a daily and nightly moisturizer and to treat eczema and stretch marks. it has balanced out the oily spots and dry patches like you wouldn't believe and no matter how much you use your face never gets shiny it just soaks it all up and balances out the skin!

I'm looking for a face cleanser and i am intrigued by Pratima's herbal cleansers- has anyone tried them? I really believe in ayurveda and i work for aveda right now but their stuff is not pure at all.

Or has anyone with really sensitive skin tried the suki exfoliating cleanser or sensitive bar? what did you think?

I have tried Dr. Hauschka and love their approach and use of biodynamic farming (really much better than just buying organic products) but it is not for me, there are too many steps and its expensive.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
eliza wrote:
I have very sensitive combo skin (dry in the winter oily in summer) and i only use natural/organic products, preferably those that are biodegradable. I absolutely love Josie Maran's organic argan oil for a daily and nightly moisturizer and to treat eczema and stretch marks. it has balanced out the oily spots and dry patches like you wouldn't believe and no matter how much you use your face never gets shiny it just soaks it all up and balances out the skin!

I'm looking for a face cleanser and i am intrigued by Pratima's herbal cleansers- has anyone tried them? I really believe in ayurveda and i work for aveda right now but their stuff is not pure at all.

Or has anyone with really sensitive skin tried the suki exfoliating cleanser or sensitive bar? what did you think?

Welcome to EDS eliza. I've been using the Suki exfoliating cleanser (almost at the end of my first jar), and it's something I'm definitely going to repurchase. I wasn't overly impressed at first, but in conjunction with some masks, it's really helped unclog my pores and I haven't broken out in weeks! Very Happy I'm a pretty "au naturale" girl, so my skin is more sensitive as a result of that switch (especially in terms of fragrances). I don't have *super* sensitive skin, though, so I can't vouch for whether the exfoliating wash might be too harsh -- it's definitely very grainy when you first start rubbing it in your palms (it then starts to foam). In terms of sensitivity, I'm pale/combo/freckles, and my face turned bright pink when I first tried Juice Beauty's apple peel, for example.

I also love argan oil (I started with Josie Maran but now purchase from a wholesaler -- organic and cheaper!) In any case, HTH.

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
eliza

Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
KBLang:

I had the same reaction to the Juice Beauty Peel and then within 2 more uses developed a patch of whiteheads. Peels obviously seem too harsh, but most scrubs make my face red instead of glowing. Thanks for the feedback, the suki cleanser seems like it's worth trying.

What is the brand of argan oil you use now? i wouldn't mind finder a cheaper alternative Very Happy
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Dr. H (isn't considered organic, but natural),

I tried Kosmea and wasn't satisfied because a. it caused redness to my normal face, and b. having read about owner/founder doesn't look like a lot of research is put into the product.

Miessense (also Australian) - love the makeup powder.

Ecco Bella lipsticks are nice.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used L'Uvalla? I used something from one of their testers at my local healthfood store and it felt very nice.

You can get samples from their website (www.luvalla.com), though you have to pay for shipping.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
eliza wrote:
KBLang:

I had the same reaction to the Juice Beauty Peel and then within 2 more uses developed a patch of whiteheads. Peels obviously seem too harsh, but most scrubs make my face red instead of glowing. Thanks for the feedback, the suki cleanser seems like it's worth trying.

What is the brand of argan oil you use now? i wouldn't mind finder a cheaper alternative Very Happy

Hi eliza, Yikes about the JB Peel! I definitely get a little red from the Suki, but I just use it at night, so that's not a problem. And as I said, I'm really digging it right now.

As for the argan oil, I've purchased mine from Nature's Gift (http://www.naturesgift.com/carrier_oils/Argan-Oil.htm) and Shea Terra Organics when they had a sale (http://www.sheaterraorganics.com/product/31.html) -- both are organic, high quality (IMO), and less expensive than the other well-branded versions. From Nature With Love also carries it (http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/soap/product.asp?product_id=oilargan&extract=1), though I haven't actually tried them. I usually figure out what other oils, butters, etc. I need and then try to place an order from wherever I can get it all. I never had any idea that I could get beauty products from wholesalers... Such a money saver! Another fav place is Essential Wholesale, FYI, though they don't carry argan oil but lots of other more natural goodies. Very Happy

P.S. Here's the full review and discussion of argan oil (which includes mention of the other sources): http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=404605

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
i adore the organic oils at mountain rose herbs...especially the rosehip seed oil and tamanu oil.

i diy organic skincare with these oils and with skin rejuvenating essential oils....i usea combo of carrot seed eo, heliochrysum eo, frankicense, and rose otto.

but i'd like to try some products fromm Suki and Organic Pharmacy.since imo they seem to have such purity and integrity in the ingredients they use..

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Rebeccawu
5% products discount

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Jurlique.
Aesop.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Jurlique
Dr H
Martina Gebhardt
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
My favarite is AESOP, but EDS doesn't carry. Sad
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:21 am      Reply with quote
i have very sensitive skin, that almost needs no provocation to react, so it is always a challenge trying new products - organic or not.

Lately, i've been using Juice Organics cleanser and spf 30 light tint moisturizer. love them both as they never irritate my skin.

eliza,
i've used Pratima's herbal cleansers in the past and they were wonderful. thank you for reminding me - i should order more from her.
alexol
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love suki, alkaitis and nude, all of them can be used jointly or singly.
You know, the Germany-made organic products are receiving most stringent certificate criteria,so Dr. Hauschka etc. could be considered as organic and natural as well.
Any body here try the organic line under ORIGINS?
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using natural/organic brands for a few years now and it really is trial and error in terms of results. Some of the natural brands I have used are Dr Hauschka, Rosa Y Fruta, Marie Veronique, Devita, Osea, Jurlique, REN, Nude, Caudalie, Espa, Sheerin Okho, INA Crystals, and Barefoot Botanicals to name the ones I can remember.

My favourites are:
- Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel (lifting, firming serum).
- Sheerin Okho Outdoor Meetings Summertime (lightweight moisturiser which gives plump, hydrated skin)
- Sheerin Okho Flight Creme (deeply nourishing and soothing moisturiser which is great when my skin needs a little bit more)
- Jurlique Herbal Recovery Eye Gel (tones and hydrates the eye area)
- Caudalie Vinopure (balancing moisture fluid, great for a matte finish under make up)
- Lush Ultrabland (fantastic cleanser which removes all traces of make up without any irritation. Probably the least natural product on my list)
- REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask (wonderful, gentle peel which reveals a poreless, glowing complexion)
- REN Frankincense and Boswelia Serrata Revitalising Night Cream (the scent and texture make this a pure pleasure to use. I wake up with the most amazingly smooth skin. Beauty sleep in a bottle.)
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I love Fresh, especially Black Tea mask and Sugar Polish.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Kalologie has really good products and they are chirally correct.

http://shop.kalologie.com/index.asp?PageAction=MFGSEARCH&ManfID=30&Page=1
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
As far as my experince goes, organic skincare is all about nourishing and hydrating but cannot really help with wrinkles/firming or treat any serious skin imperfections (like acne or rosacea)

It all about nice smell and nice feeling that you apply organic and it's good for skin bla-bla-bla Rolling Eyes
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I am trying a new line from Australia - xtendlife. It is all natural (from organic ingredients), free of bad chemicals, inexpensive, and so far I like it quite a bit (to my own surprise).

So for now it is a combo of Seachi and Xtendlife.

What products are you using from the Xtendlife, sigma, and what results have you seen from them?
aarietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin.

I was given the Stella McCartney line a few months ago and it did not do anything for me. The toner was a spray which I thought was pretty cute and the nourishing elixir did squat! I'm almost done my foaming cleanser and I will not be buying another.

Someone on this topic earlier mentioned that they don't think organic products work and I concur. For my skin at least.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |