Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do any of you smokers out there want to quit?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
MrsDowFire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Doctah D.I.V.A.H. wrote:
Hello All.

I wish you well in your journey towards freedom from cigarettes.

Thank you for reminding me what I can look forward to for being smoke free since Ash Wednesday of 2008.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Good for you MrsDowFire, you go girl!

I caved in and smoked a few on day 9, but I'm back on track now..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Angie B

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I'm proud of all of you and keep the faith going that you will beat this nasty * spam alert *! Dancing

My last smoke was March 28th, 2008. I can say it has been one tough journey, but also rewarding. I was HEAVILY addicted-* spam alert * runs very bad in my family. Too bad it's not * spam alert * to like something good versus all the bad stuff. I've had 6 people die in my family in the last 3 years due to their addictions.

My brain still gets a bit "foggy", but the bloating is going away finally. I'm exercising like a mad fool, watching my diet and trying to relax more. I won't step on a scale again until the last day of April. It was too depressing so now I avoid it. Laughing

Hang on to your will power and tell yourself everyday that you CAN beat this and you ARE stronger than cigarettes!

Ang

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:48 am      Reply with quote
My DH and I want to quit, and we realized that we have to do it together. We both smoke the same cigarettes, and the temptation if one of us tries to quit would be huge.

I've successfully quit in the past with Smokeaway, herbal capsules I found at Walmart, but this was before he was DH and was still best platonic male friend of ten years, seen only occasionally.

Thinking back, it was always when we had dinner that I would succumb and have a cigarette with him, and then I'd inevitably buy a pack the next day.

I can resist anything but temptation Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ang, congratulations on your quit. I'm so happy for you..

Are you doing cold turkey, or do you have a secret to share of what works?

I was on Chantix, and although I was smoke free for 8 days, I had terrible side effects and had to stop it..

So here I am smoking about 6 cigarettes a day. I just cannot get passed 9 or 10 days.. I am so angry at myself.

Unfortunately stress is a very big part of my day to day life, so that isn't helping matters..

If you have any tips to share, I'd be very grateful....And again, congratulations!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Angie B

Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:01 am      Reply with quote
HI Kassy,

Yes-this time it has been cold turkey. I've talked to a lot of men that Chantix has helped them quit, the gals, not so much. I don't know if it's our screwed up chemicals/hormones or what, but the gals are telling me some scary stuff being on that drug so I said no way! Shame on you

I did have pretty good luck with Zyban in the past due to my high stress level I usual have as well-you may want to give it a try. I just decided this time to go cold turkey with healthy eating (Clean Living magazine) and major working out. Dancing

I feel like I lost a little of the weight I gained already, but I promised myself to stay off the damn scale because it was depressing me. My goal is to get back down to prequit weight of 105-108, get this cellulite diminished and have a kick A_ _ summer!

Plus, if I have even one cig, I'm done for. So if you're as addicted as I am, I can't even have one. I could only wish I can smoke just when I drink or one or two on the weekend. I'm an all or none type of girl.

Good luck!!
Ang

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Angie, thanks so much for your reply.

It sounds like you have a great plan in the works! You've already come a long way, and probably have the worst of it behind you...Congrats!

The Chantix worked pretty well for the cravings, but the side effects were awful. I had terrible nightmares every night. The last straw was a dream with my 6 year old grandson, floating face down in my pool. I never took it again after that, and one cigarette led to two, and so on..

Now I'm smoking 5 or 6 a day. The stress level in the last two weeks has been off the charts with lots of personal life catastrophies at the fore front. Believe it or not, those few cigarettes are the highlight of my days right now.. With that said, I don't expect to lay them down again any time soon. Crutch or not, I need it for the next several weeks for sure.

I also tend to have an addictive personality, which translates to all or nothing as well. Not having the first cigarette really is the key..

I am so happy that your doing so well. It's wonderful!

Angie B

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

I know how you feel, truly. The time needs to be right, feel right and fit right with you. It will hopefully be soon, but if not, don't beat yourself up over it. Brick wall

It's weird for me, one day I feel like, "Yeah, I've got this crap beat" then the next, like today, I feel like I'm about to lose it.

Today is my 1 month date and I feel horrible. I'm beating my own butt working out, eating right, drinking so much water I feel like I'm an ocean, but the weight keeps piling on.

So I breath better, but I feel like a stuffed pork sausage in my clothes which doesn't make me FEEL better. I'm tired, still have that "foggy" brain, irritated plus, sorry for being crude, MAJOR constipation! GGRRRRRRR-I just want to feel/be normal!! Pray Sad

I don't want to smoke again and really not craving it. I crave my old body back and my energy. The last gazillion times I tried quitting, I started again because of how I feel now. So, I'm searching all over the net for an energy booster, miracle cure-no luck.

I read about some pill that is a colon cleanse (sounds gross) but said people can shed up to 15 lbs, have crazy energy, feel "lighter", not bloated and its natural. Should I dare to be so nuts to try it??? Think

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Give your body time to adjust to it all Angie. Once your metabolism sorts itself out, the additional weight will be easier to manage. Your doing all the right things; lots of water, plenty of exercise and a proper healthy diet.

Try not to worry about the few extra pounds. From what I read, it seems that an 8lb weight gain is to be expected in the first 6 months after quitting smoking. And that's just from the slower metabolism..

Just think of all the great benefits of quitting smoking.

Congratulations on 1 month smoke free....AWESOME!..

Angie B

Thu May 01, 2008 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I hope those of you that are trying to quit are still staying strong!

I still am not smoking and planning on staying that way forever! Dancing No smokes since March 28th, 2008 at 9:00AM!

I must saw, I'm FINALLY feeling like I'm getting back to "normal". I've lost 5.5 lbs of the 8.5 lbs I gained in 1 month. I feel better, breath better and my skin is not so wrinkled. I do have a little more break outs but I think it's toxins being released and sweat from all the workouts.

My fog brain is better-I still space out when driving on occassion and sometimes it seems as though time is standing still, but it is not as bad as the last month.

Those who do smoke, get your gums checked out really good. My teeth are one of the few items I do have that I love-they are straight (no braces) and very white (no bleach) and I'll be damned if after I quit smoking, I have gum problems. My dentists said the blood vessels restrict when you smoke and can "hide" gum problems. GGRRRRRRR.

Anyway hang in there-it does get better!!! Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations again Angie!

How fabulous. I'm so proud of you, and I hope I can celebrate your same success very soon.

Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Congrats Angie!!!! Doesn't it feel great!!!

I love the feeling of being empowered..cigs surely had me in their grip. In fact I just made my 2 year mark of being a non-smoker Very Happy Very Happy Gosh I can't believe how quickly time flies!!

For those who are still smoking, I saw this advertisement on TV for a website that helps you quit. The ads are very thought provoking. Give the site a shot and see what it says..what have you got to lose?? Cool Hang in there everyone and know we're rooting for ya's!!!

http://www.becomeanex.org/

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that link. I've bookmarked it, and will check it out!

Angie B

Mon May 05, 2008 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lifeplyr01! I do feel better now-FINALLY and sort of an empowerment so to speak. Actually, all my focus now is eating healthy, losing the weight and getting the energy back.

I very rarely think about smoking, EXCEPT in the morning w/my coffee and soduko puzzle. It's wierd, but it will be a very strong wave over me so I have to put down the newspaper and go load the dishwasher or something.

I hope that fades. The only other thing that worries me is getting together w/friends for a drink or two. I've been "Howard Huges" for a month to avoid any temptation!

Other than that-things are going a lot better. My next weigh-in is in another week. I hope I am closer to pre quit weight!! That will really be a HUGE motivation to keep going!! Pray Dancing

Thu May 08, 2008 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I want to also!
Angie B

Fri May 16, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Just checking in with everyone and I hope those that have quit are still going strong.

I quit March 28th at 9:00AM ( I say that a lot to remind myself how long it has been). I have to admit, it was NOT easy at the beginning, but it truly gets better!! Dancing

I'm glad I picked the spring/summer to quit so I can go outside and keep active. My "scale" day is Monday so I hope I still am going down in weight. I workout like a crazy woman, dry brushing and using cellulite cream for the legs and eating all healthy foods.

Good luck all, keep it up and live healthy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh I feel like I need to go to a smokers alanon group. Sad

I have a friend who is older than I, she's 53. And she has smoked forever!! The woman is dying before my eyes. Well not really...but kinda. She can't breath and she coughs so deeply and grumbly, it makes MY chest hurt! I have spoken with her about quitting or at the very least trying some meds to help with her breath better...to no avail. Ya know what her response is? "I don't wanna get fat". What?? HELLLOOOO??? I live right by the beach and love to walk and ride my bike during the summer months..do ya think she can go with me?? NOPE...she can't breath. Her bf tells me she has hard time walking up the stairs at home without getting short of breath. I'm sorry to bi*ch, but this really is upsetting me. I know I am so powerless over helping her. I just know in my heart she won't quit until she's forced too. Sad I've been through this twice in my life already...yep watching a loved one die from smoking. It's a horrible death. And yep I was a smoker..and could still have complications from the years that I smoked....but damn I wish my friend would at least TRY and quit. She's a nurse btw.---fully aware of the consequences. Again I'm sorry if I am complaining, this is just bringing up memories of the loved ones I have lost.

Please ladies and gents....just TRY and quit, again and again if you have too!!

And thank you for all of your well wishes and support... from a former smoker who takes it one day at a time. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Third day without a cigarette!

I quit because:

1. My skin is looking bad, and I had a nightmare of giant wrinkles. It was so scary, I couldn't smoke when I woke up.

2. My DH smokes, and he's been talking nonstop that we need to quit for our health. I had a very bad cough even though I only smoked ten ultra-light American Spirit cigarettes per day (they're the ones that are 100% tobacco, without the secret added arsenic, cadmium, sugars, etc that other cigarettes like Marlboro have. Not that any cigarettes are healthy.)

Anyway, we had a "debate" about which of us has more self-discipline. He said he does, because he works seventy hours a week and went to a military academy. And that I am high-maintenance, and have no self-discipline to stop buying skincare.

I looked at him and tossed him my pack of cigarettes (we smoked the same ones) and said "Here. I quit."

It is three days of hell, I am drinking this herbal liquid called "Stop Smoking Blend" that comes in a little bottle. It tastes horrible and I am choking down a bottle a day. Mad
I'm not sure if it helps, but it makes me slightly nauseous, and that takes my mind off smoking.

I am never going to smoke another cigarette so I can show him I have more self-discipline!

This is probably the silliest reason ever to quit smoking, but I am so motivated it's working! I will never smoke again, just to prove women are stronger than men Bad Grin

I hope he quits too. I can't believe he didn't because he is very competitive!

And I can't cheat or sneak a cigarette, because we have voice stress analyzers that plug into our cellphones, so we can't lie to each other.

Not that we would lie to each other, but we love high-tech gadgets and are always playing with these.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I want to quit - I can go for a week and then the temptation is too much. Ithink I will have to not see any of my smoker friends ever again.....Has anyone tried hypnosis?
RockingRobin
5% products discount

Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Today is exactly one week with no cigs for me and 9 days for my DH. He is on Chantix and I'm on Zyban and the patch. This is one of the hardest things I've ever done, but I'm determined to quit for good. To all who are also on this journey, don't give up or give in!

Nixon, my DH quit 30 years ago with nothing but hypnosis, but started again 15 years ago while going through a divorce. Then he met me, who smoked, and he just kept at it. He tried to quit cold turkey this time, but couldn't. We both tried hypnosis several years ago, and it worked for about 1 hour, but we weren't really ready then. It won't hurt you to try it and hopefully, it will work for you.
AZGirl
5% products discount

Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I did the Hypnosis too. I tried the acupuncture, chantix, patches, gum and Zyban but couldn't put the things down.
It has been 5 days since my last cigarette and I can't even remember most of the time, that I used to smoke. This is by far the easiest quit and I am going cold turkey. My secret: BrainSync.
I listen everyday and have no desire to smoke at all.
It's funny, I thought that I would never be able to quit and now I am amazed that I have.

My last quit I read Allen Carr's book and quit for a week but cheated almost every day. Guess I wasn't ready then.

Good luck to all and hang in there.

Lori
polylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I say forget about the patches and gums on the market. They dont work. Its sheer willpower you need and if you really want to stop, it isn't too difficult

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Just checking in after another failed attempt..

I've tried everything, and none of it has worked for me. I agree with 'polylass' that when your *really* ready, your willpower will see you through..

As for me, I have too many stressfull things going on right now, and the cigs are what makes it at all bearable......One of these days I'll be ready, but for now........

Image....and a glass of wine or 3...Image

Cheers and good luck to all!
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!
As promised, I said that I would check back in 12 months for my 2 year smoke-free anniversary...and here I am! Very Happy
And that's not all... 2 days after my 1 yr milestone of smobriety, I quit drinking. This past week I celebrated both of these, and let me tell you... life has never been better!

To all of you just starting out...hang in there...this is doable. The initial symptoms that you go through when you first quit are only temporary... and they are nothing, I repeat NOTHING like the pain & suffering that might befall you one day when a doctor looks you straight in the eye & tells you that you have lung cancer. Please, for the sake of your own health, and for all those that love & care for you...quit now while you still can reverse the damage. The rewards from freeing yourself from this * spam alert * (yes, it is an * spam alert *...not a bad habit)...are truly remarkable... life-altering, in fact.
From the strength & determination I learned from quitting smoking, it gave me the courage to quit drinking...and being 100% sober has rewarded me with a completely new outlook on life... and now I look forward to each new day & all the wonderment it has in store.
Have a great smoke-free day everyone! Very Happy
michael111

Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I need to give up smoking! I've been smoking for around 6 years, so not as long as you yet, but I smoke way too much Embarassed and I'm desperate to give up.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |