Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
:: Review :: Rave: Dr Hauschka Cosmetics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skinangel

Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to comment on Dr. Hauschka's Translucent Makeup. It has been a year now that I have been using this foundation and I have fallen in love with it. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I had looked and tried many, many foundations before. Most of them were too drying, or too oily, or looked caked on and artificial in the sunlight. My skin is dry on the cheeks and oily on the T-zone area. Alot of foundations tend to "gunk up" on the skin at the end of the day and create breakouts or settle into fine lines. Not Dr. Hauschka's. It is excellent. It gives coverage, but looks like skin. It breathes, is light, non-drying, not oily. It actually feels good on the skin. It does not break out my skin, even through vigorous "sweat" workouts. I'm really happy and pleased with this formulation. Plus- it is extremely natural, which is a huge plus for me, and the rose oil smells so wonderful. I found it works best to apply with a slightly damp makeup sponge, blending lightly all over. You can go back and re-apply or "layer" more over areas that need more coverage. I "set" the makeup with a dusting of Dr. Hauschka's Translucent Powder, which I also love. Throughout the day, using a rice paper on oily areas, then a pat of the Translucent Powder, will keep a beautiful face all the way through evening.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I also love the Dr. Hauschka's makeup line.The foundation can last for all the day time.The lipstick and gloss just like the essence of rose and can moisture my lips.The blush smells like all made from rose and the color is so delightful.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Did anyone find the lipstick (not novum) the regular one, a bit drying?

I am wondering to try the lip gloss - I've been using Guelain lipgloss which feels wonderful, veeeery moisturizing, and my lips look plump after it, and not chapping like with some lipsticks. So wonder if Dr. H lip gloss compares?
aventis

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello all!

Until today I've been using Shiseido Make-up Powdery Foundation, which is really good. The problem is it contains parabens, so I'm thinking of switching to Dr. H. products.

I have a mixed skin type (combi) and use the Cleansing Cream, Clarifying Lotion and the Moisturizing Day Cream (very satisfied, by the way). I'm considering to buy the Translucent Makeup, but afraid it would make my skin look even more oily. Do you think it's possible to apply only the Face Powder on the Day Cream, without the makeup?

Thanks Smile
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Before I see this post, I thought that Dr. Hauschka only product skincare products.
I think I should study more about its makeups, because its skincare are really good to use. I hope cosmetics would be as good as its skincare products!
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
fly,

I am using Dr. Hauschka makeup and I am loving it. I use their Mascara, and liquid and pencil eye liners, lipsticks and translucent loose powder - all are of superb quality.
nurseco
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use Dr. Hauschka's mascara and like that a lot. The concealer is just okay, although I haven't tried the one specifically for blemishes. I do want to try that one. I have the translucent makeup in the darkest shade and I use it as a bronzer. I'm not 100% crazy about the texture though. Not sure I'd get it again.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
well the powder is great if you didn't know any better. I absolutely LOVE the miessense makeup loose powder - it's just amazing. It's so light and soft, I don't even feel I am wearing it. And putting it on is a pleasure because it's scented with Rose Otto eo. Their mascara is a loser in front of Dr. Hauschka's, but the powder is a definite winner.
leshan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Transluscent Foundation? do you mean this one (Dr. Hauschka Translucent Make-Up)? I just like to buy a foundation.
leshan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:44 am      Reply with quote
oh,oh, I also want to know : which one is better of Dr. Hauschka Translucent Face Powder - Loose and Amazing Cosmetics loose powder ?
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Haushka's Translucent face powder
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dr-hauschka-translucent-f-p_4247.htm

And the one that is actually makeup that I so much love and keep coming back to is Miessense
that's called Mineral Foundation powder
http://www.mionegroup.com/en/product/14140
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka skin cares are pretty wonderful products, but I do not think its cosmetics are still good.
After all, Dr Hauschka is such a brand that be famous for its skincares, so cosmetics are just adjuncts that can not be compared with other specialized cosmetics brand.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I think you didn't try a single product of Dr. H cosmetic line if you can say that. there is a huge rave on Dr.H mascara and lots of other products.
nurseco
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking I might need to try the bronzing powder at some point. Anyone have problems with it over the normalizing day oil or rose day cream? I really am not too crazy about the translucent makeup--just felt funny on my skin.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Haven't tried the bronzer from Dr.H yet, I actually haven't tried a bronzer at all yet Smile
am still deliberating over that.

You need to look at the ingredients that cause the funny feeling and avoid it.

I find that too much cornstarch and horsetail actually make me feel like I have something on my face that I want to wash off.
nurseco
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Got the light concealor for blemishes today--a little too light but I'll deal with it. Then tried the Hauschka bronzing powder at the local health food store and REALLY liked that and the translucent powder! So those may be my next two purchases. Also the rose lip color in the compact but I haven't decided if I want to spend that much on it.
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Love their mascara and lipstick. Never try the foundation. I just received a sample in number 2 ..will see if it work for me.
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
it's a pity EDS has no international delivery of Dr, H
shelle
5% products discount

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
EDS definitley has international delivery as I'm from Australia and I have already ordered some of his goodies!

I have combination skin and have been trying to go natural... I've tried some mineral foundations (I.D Bare minerals & Bare) but have been using Dr. Haushka translusent foundation and cover stick for the last month...

The foundation is great for my skin, no breakouts and my skin feels great wearing it but the coverage is very minimal, especially if you are trying to cover red blotchy skin and some pimples, though if you use concealer you'll be fine.

The cover stick is OK... the idea that it is helping to heal my skin while I wear it is a bonus but it's very greasy and so you must put poweder over the top (you wouldn't need to if he foundation sufficed).

I've ordered the concealer and some eye make-up to try out but I'd love to know if anyone is using/used the Suki foundation and can compare the two?
shelle
5% products discount

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd update:

I've now tried the mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and concealer.

Mascara: goes on nicely, doesn't clump and makes my eyelashes nice and long looking, the eye lashes don't stick together and after removing the mascara (which because it's not waterproof comes off nicely with water and simple cleanser) my eyelashes actually feel nicer, probably because of all the goodies in it!

Eyeliner: goes on well, doesn't smudge easily and it lasted all day for me.

Lipstick: I find this to be more of a lip gloss because of it's consistency... it's not as dark as normal chemical laden lippies but if you go over your lip you can build up the colour. It stays on pretty well and keeps my lips moisturised.

Concealer: I love this! It's sheer but covers. It goes on light and my skin still feels like skin after I've used it. For redder and harder to cover blemishes I also put on the cover stick and it all works great!

Still looking to try the translucent powder.
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
i just tried lip balm before, really like it.
Katstrut
5% products discount

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all for your posts, I love Dr H's products. I fell in love with his body products recently (drool!)

I want to ask the resident experts Bad Grin their thoughts on mineral make-up versus the Dr H foundation.
TIA

Cheers
Kat
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Lip balm is also good, it is worth to try.
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I really love the Dr H foundation. It’s the only foundation that doesn’t block my pores. I use it religious everyday. But I wouldn’t wear this if there was a special occasion though coz it doesn’t give you enough coverage. Like many people says, its more like a tinted moisturizer but with higher coverage. Anyways I ordered the wrong colour online!! I am actually 00 but I bought 01 (pale sand), so im selling it online now. If anyone is interested please get it from here- http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260956030153?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 free postage & handling

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:27 am      Reply with quote
The only Dr H cosmetic I have used regularly is the mascara. It is soft and gentle, but still defines and brings out the lashes. There really isn't anything like it, its quite nice.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |