Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my many queries. I too am very very tempted to order and probably will soon. Just waiting to see how long my resistance will hold out. :P

And of course waiting for more reviews/raves to pour in. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
So that means the serums do NOT come with the baby quasar on ebay? I guess the serums are no big deal but curious...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I was under the impression that the serums came with the Baby Quasar too. Guess I was in too big a hurry pushing that order button! Laughing Really just wanted the HA serum as I don't have pigmentation issues.
I was supposed to get mine in today but UPS screwed up, and rescheduled it till tommorrow. After I use it a few times to give it a fair shake I will post back and give an update.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hey Annie...

You can pick that serum up at Whole Foods for like $10 if you want it. Actually, Whole Foods tends to mark this stuff way up. Any health food store is likely to have it too. Online place like the Value Nutrition Center also always advertise it for $9....
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Katee - I'm not sure if you answered my questions about your routine, so I thought I'd reask. Sorry if you already have (just let me know and I'll search back through). Anyway, I'm wondering what products/routine you have found give you the most dramatic results with the BQ. I'm not sure what products I want to try with it yet, or if it truly is best to go with a clean face. TIA!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Katee-Do you think that Hydracool would work?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
You know Annie, I was wondering exactly the same thing myself. I'm not sure, but I may just try it to see.

TAMgirl99 - I used with the HA serum once and I liked the results, but generally, I use it on a bare face. I think I'll probably do it for a deep moisturizing treatment with the HA serum once a week or something.

The reason I generally do it on a bare face is that I experience a greater firming effect when I did it that way. When I used the serum, my skin was terrifically plumped, but what I really love is the firming effect. I'm also noticing alot more uniformity in my skin's color and clarity. I honestly don't recall whether I noticed a difference when I did the treatment with HA serum applied first. It also may not be a valid measure since the overall effects are clearly cumulative.

I'm not sure that answered your question any better. Keep in mind I'm still experimenting with the device myself Wink .
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Katee! So are you using this every day or every other day? Still for 28 minutes each time or 14? I can't wait to get mine and should have it by the weekend (fingers crossed!) Thanks again!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it everyday for 16 minutes. I do the entire treatment with the continuous wave green light, which is the strongest setting. I wouldn't necessarily start that way though. Remember, when I started I had already gone thru a Gentle Waves series.

I'm really anxious to see if others get the kind of results that I did. My older sister purchased one on my recommendation. Her skin isn't in great shape cause, although she goes for every new treatment in the world. Unfortunately, she's a maniac! She still lays out in the sun slathered with baby oil. She also is a smoker. Even with all of that, I talked to her today and, although she's not results like I got, she said she definitely started to see a significant improvement after her 5th treatment.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, forgive me if I am being redundant, but if I think I read ur post right, ur sisters "not" getting ur results but def improvement after 5 treatements? Or she is getting your results but after 5 treatments not the few u had done.
thanks,
confused in Texas
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing....

When I spoke to her today, she told me that she started to see significant results after her fourth or fifth treatment. She said she was very pleased BUT that her skin didn't look like mine. She's a lunatic. I've always taken care of my skin, and I don't smoke - never have, etc etc. She'd need a skin graft before her skin looked like mine (and remind me NEVER to tell her about this site cause if she ever saw me say that she would so kick my butt Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed ). Heh heh...

I haven't seen her so I can't say for sure, but she loves to complain, so if she said she's pleased, it sounds like she's definitely seeing positive results.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the clarification, I have 4 sisters, so I get what your saying....and RUNS SCREAMING DOWN THAT STREET ALL HAPPY...I just got mine, so tonight I will give it a whirl...

who am I kidding...running to bathroom as I type.....
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, I have 4 sisters, so I get what your saying....and RUNS SCREAMING DOWN THAT STREET ALL HAPPY...I just got mine, so tonight I will give it a whirl...

Me too!!! I just used it per directions, nothing on my skin and the complete 28 minutes with the different settings. So far I don't see any difference but I didn't expect to just yet. From everything I read on this technology it seems like the 4th/5th time is the truly noticeable point.

Since this is my first time using this, I'm not really sure how often I should use it, every other day or two times per week as directed? I don't know that I can wait until Sunday to use it again! However, I don't want to over do it either though. I guess I should wait *pouts*. Neutral
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so envious you girls got your baby already. Silly UPS, they don't know the torture I'm going through! At least I got my skinmaster facial today, so all my dead skin got scraped away (for now). Now I'm just waiting for my treatment. Keep us posted!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I was bad, I went for it, I do have extremely normal non reactive skin, so I did the 4 minute ordeal on entire face, face feels fines, I will say it feels slightly firmer (could be wishful) and my eyebrows feel a bit higher (nothing exteme, just eyes more openish), Annie I am soo sry, I am amazed at 2 day delivery. Tam I am going to do it every other day as the instructions for the baby say you can. It said for the big one once or twice a week, for baby every other day (hope that made ur day)!!! I will re-review at 5 or 6 treatments, otherwise I'll just bore everyone Rolling Eyes .

But one question on the second light setting the orange does yalls blink..
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Annie, what's a SkinMaster Facial?? Is it with a machine?? Txs, just curious.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yup....mine blinks.

Did you do 4 minutes per segment of your face or 4 minutes on your WHOLE face? If it was the later, I don't think that's really enough !!!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
4 mins per sections and I did 6 sections not 4, but I do see how much easier it would be to do 4 sections. And very glad to hear about the blinking on second setting, I was going to cry if I had to send back and get new one.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing....

I got that eye lift too the first time I used it. I was soooo happy. Exactly what I wanted. I'm a little bolder and more confident about the way I use it now. I thought I was being very extravagant when I spent the money for this, but my dermatologist is also an old college friend and I really do trust her. In retrospect, I'm really glad I listened to her; it was money well spent Laughing

(tucking the receipt in the pocket of my jeans cause there really is noooo point trying to explain this to a guy Cool )
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
so sry for the "does yalls blink" just re-read that and wow....I am a texan and I promise I went past the 6th grade!!!! And Katee I thought I was just wishing, but I rechecked in the mirror and brows def diff, not huge just higher. !! Can't wait till sesson 5.
Plroweny
5% products discount

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what happens if you overuse the BQ? By overuse, I mean everyday instead of as directed by the manufacturer. Does your face turn to mush? Embarassed Crying or Very sad
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Great. I think I will try the green light (4 minute) like MM tomorrow. I wanted to start slowly, but since this is supposed to be so safe, I don't really see why I can't jump to green already either. I'll only do that 2x per week though and stick to the baby (orange/red) on the other days just to play it safe.

Yes my orange blinks too which confused me because I would have assumed that was what the green would do (since it's called "continuous wave"). Also, Katee, I know you said we can't see the IR bulbs since it's outside the human eye's range, but are any of these bulbs on either yours or MM's a bit crooked? I have about 3 of the IR ones that are leaning like the tower of Pisa and I'm not sure if I need to return mine. They aren't loose, but since I can't see if they're coming on or not I don't know that it's truly working. Take a close look at both of yours and let me know if any of your bulbs are slanted too. If so I won't worry with it. I do plan to pm Alex to find out for sure though and will let you know what he says.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Skinmaster Facial is an exfoliation process where the esthetician uses a metal spatula with ultrasonic waves/pulses and warm water that gently "scrapes" the dead skin off your face. Then she applies a SkinMedica Recovery mask with steam and lets it stay on for 15 minutes and then wipes it off and applies Skinmedica Dermal Repair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I already got a response from Alex on my bulb question:

Quote:
The LED diodes are placed on the circuit board by hand so sometimes there might be a few may not be perfectly straight. This is not a problem.

I figured that was the case but I wanted to double check.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Katee,
Ok this thing will work IMO, I can't see much of a difference except eyes still feel and look more open, but boy can I feel a difference (firmer, plumper feeling but not swollen feeling), did you feel it more than see it at first Katee? And Tam can't wait to hear what you think after you do the higher setting. And Annie I am crossing all for you to get it today, so we can hear what you think.

ps... ok I lied about waiting for 4 or 5 treaments Confused
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |