Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
ps... ok I lied about waiting for 4 or 5 treaments Confused

Lol Laughing If any of us COULD wait, then we wouldn't have already received and tried this! I'm the worse about impulse buying and jumping the gun when it comes to following directions.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
rofl so true Tam!!

Annie I looked up the HA serum they use and the ingedients are:
Deionized Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Vitamin C-Ester (Ascorbyl Palmitate), Biocell Collagen II (10% Hyaluronic Acid), Polyethelene Glycol, Coconut Fragrance, Jasmine Fragrance, Kiwi Fragrance, DMAE, alpha-Lipoic Acid, Simethicone Powder, Aloe Vera, Methylparaben, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Calcium Pantothenate, Coenzyme Q10, Chamomile Flower Extract 4:1, Biotin, and Vitamin D-3.

hydrocool ingredients are:
Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin B5, Kojic Acid, Menthol, Centella Asiatica Extract.

So can't imagine we can't use it. I am going to give this a whirl, HA is HA I would think.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Same here MelissaMaria - I felt the results before I could see them. At least, I didn't think I could see them. My secretary noticed something after my second treatment though.

The two areas where I saw the quickest and most dramatic results were around my eyes and my nasolabial lines. For me, it was great, cause those are the only two areas that really concern me, as I think I mentioned. The eye lift was the best! My eyes look so much more open and way more of my eyelid is visible. I've always hated this about my eyes!! And I really do mean always - I have deep set eyes to begin with and I got more concerned about it as I've gotten older. I would have been happy with a little firming, so this is way more than I had hoped for.

On the nasolabial lines, I was thinking about restylane, but I really wasn't excited about it for a whole variety of reasons. This has provided what I consider a much better option.

I've done a few treatments on my chest and shoulders where I have some freckling from the sun, even though I have pretty dark skin (its that Italian / Greek combination !). I haven't been as diligent as I've been with my face and I suspect the skin there is thicker and a little more resistent. Even so, I can see some fading and evening out of the freckles. I like it because it isn't doing anything like turning my skin white - a reason why I've always been leary of these skin lightening serums. I'm always afraid of getting that Michael Jackson look !!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm so excited, but I am having to go out of town today & it's not here yet!!! Crying or Very sad
P.S.-I forgot to mention the facial was for my dehydrated skin which even though I drink a gallon of water almost a day, was still needing some intense hydration and very gentle exfoliation. Works wonders, my second one (and if I didn't have a kid in college and maybe law school/grad later, I would do them every week). And I am going to have to do facials on my hubby with this new toy to justify the expense! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
side note for dry skin ladies, after my first one I had to keep piling on the mosturiser, but then it dawned on me if I ever wait after washing face or body for that matter, to apply creams, serums ect..its termendiously harder to get them to absorb, with this ur waiting 30 mins, so today I rewashed my face afterwards and wala no problem with skincare absorbing, so Annie def re-wet or wash ur face again aftewards so you don't feel dry. Tried second one with hydracool and had no problems, I can still feel this working big time!!
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
OKAY, THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Has anyone ordered this that lives in Canada and how long did shipping take and what were the duty charges?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
You girls STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!

I tried very hard to conviced myself not to buy it now but you grils are driving me craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

It seems like it'll help all of my problems. Loose Eyelids, Eye bags, Laugh lines, Sun Spots......

Mabsy, can you delete this post?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:51 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
P.S.-I forgot to mention the facial was for my dehydrated skin which even though I drink a gallon of water almost a day, was still needing some intense hydration and very gentle exfoliation.

I have the EXACT same problem. When I had my facial on the cruise she said my skin was very dehydrated even though I told her I drink tons of water. I guess maybe I need to stand on my head more. Confused This is what we get for living in Texas! Laughing

MelissaMarie wrote:
side note for dry skin ladies, after my first one I had to keep piling on the mosturiser, but then it dawned on me if I ever wait after washing face or body for that matter, to apply creams, serums ect..its termendiously harder to get them to absorb, with this ur waiting 30 mins, so today I rewashed my face afterwards and wala no problem with skincare absorbing, so Annie def re-wet or wash ur face again aftewards so you don't feel dry.

Ha! I wish I would have figured this out before I did my treatment yesterday. It wasn't until last night when I looked in the mirror and my face looked really dry that I realized this too. I put moisturizer on right after but it didn't do a thing. I'll definitely be rewashing my face in between, or using the hydracool or other HA when I treat. I don't like the tightness I have while I'm treating with nothing on my skin. I can deal with it though! I'll report back tomorrow after I do my full strength treatment. I'm planning to do it in six sections so for a total of 24 minutes this time.

Oh by they way, how are you guys using this on your eyes? I stopped the bottom of the device just under my eyebrow and did it up to just under my bottom lashes where the skin over the eyeball starts. I didn't want to do this over any skin that's actually on my eyeball. Just wondered how you both did it so that I can get the same eye lift effect. TIA!
Virginia
5% products discount

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I have some broken cappilaries on my face,a few sunspots and some breakouts. I'm very interested in hearing how the Baby Quasar is working for these problems. Please let me know!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Virginia wrote:
I have some broken cappilaries on my face,a few sunspots and some breakouts. I'm very interested in hearing how the Baby Quasar is working for these problems. Please let me know!

Will do! I have several red wigglies around my nostrils and one red dot on my left cheek. I also have numerous brown spots so I should be a good test. I'll try to remember to take a before pic tomorrow, since I haven't seen anything noticeable just yet. I can never remember to take one!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Tam I just place it using the eyesocket bone as a guide ( I def would not use it over my eyeball), I also put it right on brow bone and lift a bit then let it sit. I read in book for trouble areas leave 15-30 sec and I've def done that both times. Also the dry factor isnt the machine its the trying to pick up liquids with a dry sponge versus a wet one thingie..So def re-wet face or re-wash!!!

Now for body...Ms Katee, I am soo wondering and thinking ,lifting and tightening , looks down at chest Wink !! I guess I could look up the muscle groups and try to use this on the ones that are "suppose" to hold those babies up!!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
MM - Oh yes, I know it's the dry sponge thing, not the machine that caused it!

By the way, I did try about a min of orange and a min of red on my two neck rings and I think that they look much lighter today (could be my imagination though). I was going to do a bit longer but my doggie needed to go out as soon as I started the orange. I kept telling her "hang on" as I did a minute on each, but I couldn't make her wait 4 minutes. Laughing She's a trooper!
Plroweny
5% products discount

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
TAMGIRL99,

Just be sure you don't use it over the thyroid area. I read that's a no no.

Pat
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely won't. The manual states that the thyroid is located right where the neck and chest meet and fortunately my lines are much higher. Even still, they say that they only *think* that it could have a negative effect. Nothing has been documented or found to prove this. They just say it to be on the safe side. I already have a larger than normal thyroid and these problems run in my family, so believe me I will be staying away from this area completely. Thanks!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
if u look in a mirror and swallow u can see a butterfly shaped object moving, thats ur thyroid. The book says no known side effects to it...neither bad or good, but to err on side of caution, but ur thyroid moves as u swallow and it can be higher than just at base, so Tam check where yours is.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
...so Tam check where yours is.

Because mine is a bit larger than most, it's not hard to find! Laughing
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I found this thread because I'm scheduled to start Gentle Waves on Sunday!!! Oooh, this forum gets me into so much trouble!
Guess I'll be heading over to Ebay to check the prices there-too bad we don't all live near each other-just one of us could make the actual purchase & the rest of us could "rent" it - I'm in Alexandria, VA - any renters out there???
Maria
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
maria51va wrote:
I found this thread because I'm scheduled to start Gentle Waves on Sunday!!! Oooh, this forum gets me into so much trouble!
Guess I'll be heading over to Ebay to check the prices there-too bad we don't all live near each other-just one of us could make the actual purchase & the rest of us could "rent" it - I'm in Alexandria, VA - any renters out there???
Maria

would be a great idea rofl !! but for price of this you might want to get this and cancel gentle waves, I think if i understand it, you just need to do a few more of these and wala..and ya save 100 bucks off the gentle waves price but Katee can confirm that better than I she had the gentle waves done.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
This thread is such fun Very Happy .

I've been going all around my eye socket with it. The only place I don't use it is directly on my eyelid...

As for my body.... From what I'm seeing so far, it seems to be effective in dealing with freckles and such. But if you wanna lift the twins MelissaMarie, yer just gonna have to do push ups Razz Razz Razz ...

Hiya Maria I live in the Md 'burbs, but I'm not sharing Wink . As for whether or not you should go ahead with your Gentle Waves treatment or just put the $$$ towards the device, I think it's a tough call. I loved the results I got from Gentle Waves and, although I'm not at all certain that its true, I kind of think that had I not gotten the Gentle Waves and just used this from the start, it would have taken a little longer to get the kind of results that I'm now seeing. Are your Gentle Waves sessions going to be preceded by microdermabrasion???
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I think I am seeing pretty fast results since I have not done the gentle waves, virgin face so to speak Laughing or maybe I am just old and needed this!!...And surely you jest, push ups Brick wall .sighs the poor girls!!!
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if she'll do microdermabrasion first-my first consult is Sunday-I'll see what she recommends.
I think I'll likely start with Gentlewaves, then move to this device.
BTW-Amazon.com is selling it for $399.99-close to Ebay's price, but it is definitely available.
I'll let you all know what she recommends on Sunday-I'm so excited to get started!
Maria
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, my goodness, Katee. I just realized that since I ordered the Baby Quasar, IS Clinical trial sizes AND am going to make the eye cream...that you have thrice enabled my skin care addictive "what is that new product I simply must try??" attitude!

I also live in Maryland, Catonsville to be exact. Maybe if our bulbs break (god forbid), we can act as surrogates to one another in the even of such an emergency.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi BQ users Laughing Laughing has anyone bought this through Alex, and if so how much is it??? Very Happy

Thanks Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I did purchase from Alex via eBay but shipping is higher ($20) there than Amazon, FYI. That said, it is lightening fast. Mine is expected to arrive Monday - biting nails in anticipation...
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I bought mine through Alex as well, but off of Amazon. I think either way you go they end up costing about the same. I got mine within 2 days! But, I'm also in Dallas and AT is out of Shreveport LA (3-4 hours away).
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |