Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
thanks Annie,

I will proceed with caution I think, as I tend not to hold fillers for very long anyway. Have you tried the cone for the BQ that is used for small specific areas ? do you think that might be worth a try for the likes of us ?

Jackie
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
...ha.... I see I have posted several times after deciding to purchase the NuFace vs. the Baby Q... sorry! Embarassed got confused within the blogs.... must find my way to the NuFace blog (if there is one) for advise there ... see you back here when I break down (ie: save up!) to buy the Baby Q!

Mariah
(having fun with the NuFace: it works! which is what is leading me to save up fr the Baby Q .... I see how the obsession begins for these toys and gadgets!!! Laughing )
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Jackie-I don't have a cone for the baby Q. Tried it with the full sized Quasar, but it got too hot.
Mariah-It seems most of these gadgets are pretty similar and once you've read thru 53 pages of baby Q stuff, your head will spin! Laughing I haven't tried any others myself. I've barely time for the Baby Q these days and have been meaning to get back on schedule.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I made the mistake of following Jame's advice to use on the injection sites immediately that night. My resty disappeared by the next day and my botox never took. It can sometimes take up to 2 weeks to take, and I have NEVER had it not take. I now wait to go lightly over that area after about 3 weeks and not on the botox area at all. I just use it around the area and it seems fine. I have filler in my nasolabial and two tiny lip corner lines. My botox is in my 11's. Do what makes you feel comfortable, I just would not want anyone to make the same costly mistake I did. Hope that helps.

I think this is a serious concern then for those of us who will be having fillers other than fat. I need it all around my eyes eventually and would also like to do the cheeks and mouth area to see the look of it before I do fat grafting. The eyes might even be long term because they say the Restylane works better than the fat. There is no way the LED won't spread out the the eye area and one of the main benefits of the LED's is the collagen thickening and our eye area needs it the most. Plus we would want to see if we could get some lifting. If you can't do it on the cheeks then it is waste. If you do it on your cheeks it will surely spread to parts of the lip ane eye area. Hm. Now wondering if I should order an Ultrasonic thingy and forget the LED. Well, I guess I could at least use it until I get the fillers and one treatment of filler will cost as much or more than the LED. I don't have the money to keep up the fillers now so I guess even if the LED is temporary it is worth it, huh?
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Facemate about a week ago.
It has ultrasound, microcurrent,6 LED lights,
and negative ions for cleansing. Have used it almost every night. Have to say at this point, am pretty happy with it. It does plump
up the cheeks and appears to make the skin a little thicker. Haven't seen too much around the eyes yet. There is a little lift to the
nasolabial lines and around the upper brow
line.
I have alos had a small LED/infrared light and
used for the past 2 years as well. While the LED light plumped up the skin temporarily, I think I may see more from the Facemate with all
its functions in the long run. It's too early to tell how cumulative the effects are from the
Facemate. Good luck! DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
It's me again...
I have been using my NuFace and I am pretty happy with it as I said, but now I am more curious (and confused)about all of the other gadgets and toys!
I see the Facemate is much less expenisve and there are two kinds (a pink one with a metal thing, and a white one with round light)-- does the Facemate do similar things as the NuFace-- except the Facemate also seems to clean?
How is the Facemate different than the Baby Q?

Thank You!
Mariah
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
mariah wrote:
It's me again...
I have been using my NuFace and I am pretty happy with it as I said, but now I am more curious (and confused)about all of the other gadgets and toys!
I see the Facemate is much less expenisve and there are two kinds (a pink one with a metal thing, and a white one with round light)-- does the Facemate do similar things as the NuFace-- except the Facemate also seems to clean?
How is the Facemate different than the Baby Q?

Thank You!
Mariah

I have also been a little confused about the difference between the Nuface and the ultrasonic gadgets (Facemate, UP5 etc) and actually wrote to Jellen to ask, but did not receive a reply. Anyway, from what I can gather, the Nuface works with micro-current (whatever that is) and the other devices work with both micro-current and ultrasonic waves. It is the ultrasonic waves that help cleanse the skin. I am not an authority on all of this, so correct me if I am wrong. Both the Facemate and Nuface are to be used with a conductive gel but the UP5 can be used with your own cosmetic products.

The Baby Q is a totally different device and works with infrared and red light (although the Facemate and UP5 also have red and blue lights). HTH.
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Nuface and the ultrasonic gadgets (Facemate, UP5 etc) and actually wrote to Jellen to ask, but did not receive a reply. Anyway, from what I can gather, the Nuface works with micro-current (whatever that is) and the other devices work with both micro-current and ultrasonic waves. It is the ultrasonic waves that help cleanse the skin. I am not an authority on all of this, so correct me if I am wrong. Both the Facemate and Nuface are to be used with a conductive gel but the UP5 can be used with your own cosmetic products.

The Baby Q is a totally different device and works with infrared and red light (although the Facemate and UP5 also have red and blue lights). HTH.

Thank you! I am still unclear on the diff between the gadgets... but your reply helped A LOT Smile Thanks!
Tonight is my fourth night with NuFace and I see a huge difference. I am in my late thirties and was beginning to see some sagging in my jowl area (not in the mirror, but I saw it in a couple of home videos and almost screamed .... and wanted to "go under the knife: tomorrow")-- I had also noticed the dreaded nasolabial lines Crying or Very sad . I believe due to stress this last year I have aged very quickly ... yet in the last 4 days-- NuFace has turned back the clock! I didn't want to post anything prematurely (and still am confused about where to post: but even my husband can tell the difference and is ready to give me the Ok for the Baby Q for Christmas Very Happy
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mariah,

Are you using anything to help electrical conductivity with the Nuface?

I have a Nuface and have to get a habit going in using it. I don't like the spray that came with it (too fragranced) and instead have used Avene Thermal Water spray. I've been thinking of order the conductivity gel that Scali uses...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hi mariah,

Are you using anything to help electrical conductivity with the Nuface?

I have a Nuface and have to get a habit going in using it. I don't like the spray that came with it (too fragranced) and instead have used Avene Thermal Water spray. I've been thinking of order the conductivity gel that Scali uses

Hello!

I am not knowledgeable about all of the products out there yet ... but what I have done is moisturize first with emu oil, wait about 30 minutes, then use the spray that came with the unit (the gel is too "tacky feeling"). I also moisten my face with tap water (filtered) a few times.
A HUGE help for me (*thank you*) was someone who posted about NOT being heavy handed with the unit.
I still catch myself going too fast. When I slow down and do it lightly, I feel and see the difference. It is wonderful ... and it has gotten me into a kick of working on my skin (I also bought into the Lips2Kiss)-- and I have been trying homemade skin care recipes (avocado, honey etc... I feel so good! I am so grateful for EDS Very Happy
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
mariah wrote:

Thank you! I am still unclear on the diff between the gadgets... but your reply helped A LOT Smile Thanks!
Tonight is my fourth night with NuFace and I see a huge difference. I am in my late thirties and was beginning to see some sagging in my jowl area (not in the mirror, but I saw it in a couple of home videos and almost screamed .... and wanted to "go under the knife: tomorrow")-- I had also noticed the dreaded nasolabial lines Crying or Very sad . I believe due to stress this last year I have aged very quickly ... yet in the last 4 days-- NuFace has turned back the clock! I didn't want to post anything prematurely (and still am confused about where to post: but even my husband can tell the difference and is ready to give me the Ok for the Baby Q for Christmas Very Happy

Mariah -

That is great news. I went back and forth trying to decide which approach to start off with first. I think there is some similarity in benefits and if you start with one and then add in another the first may have already gotten your face to a certain level so that the second one would not look as dramatic had it been done alone on virgin skin. I wish there were a gadget that did all three. I would suspect that the NuFace lift might be more significant than what you get in FaceMate. I did microcurrent for years with a professional machine and I saw wonderful improvements. Just too much to keep up. I just ordered a LightStim which is similar to BabyQ and next not sure which to do the FaceMate or NuFace. I know eventually I will have all three anyway so it is only a matter of time. I just found out about another one that works for zapping blemishes. Once in a while I get these nasty ones that really hurt under my skin and these things are suppposed to nip it in the bud early on. So....now there are 4 I am interested and some powerful serums/actives to push in. My wish lists for a long time to come are already filled I am afraid.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - To see if the difference can be
explained -- Nuface is microcurrent only
altho it may be a stronger microcurrent than
Facemate - don't know. Microcurrent is
supposed to lift the face. Facemate is
microcurrent, ultrasound, LEd, and cleansing.
(This is the blue and white one, not the pink
one). Ultrasound seems to plump the skin a little more and the cleansing mode makes
the skin smooth. Have been using the
cleansing mode, ultrasound and microcurrent
functions nightly and have the LEd function
on with all functions. We'll see what happens in another 3 weeks.
The Baby Q is strictly LEd but with different
colors and wavelengths which do more types of
skincare such as acne, antiaaging etc.
Hope this helps! DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hope this helps! DiPhx

Yes!
thank you! Smile
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi everyone - To see if the difference can be
explained -- Nuface is microcurrent only
altho it may be a stronger microcurrent than
Facemate - don't know. Microcurrent is
supposed to lift the face. Facemate is
microcurrent, ultrasound, LEd, and cleansing.
(This is the blue and white one, not the pink
one). Ultrasound seems to plump the skin a little more and the cleansing mode makes
the skin smooth. Have been using the
cleansing mode, ultrasound and microcurrent
functions nightly and have the LEd function
on with all functions. We'll see what happens in another 3 weeks.

The Baby Q is strictly LEd but with different
colors and wavelengths which do more types of
skincare such as acne, antiaaging etc.
Hope this helps! DiPhx

Hi DiPhx -

I did not know FaceMate had LED. Is it the same red wave length as Baby?

Also does yours have the same type of trial period/return policy that others have? If so where did you get yours?
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Once in a while I get these nasty ones that really hurt under my skin and these things are suppposed to nip it in the bud early on. So....now there are 4 I am interested and some powerful serums/actives to push in. My wish lists for a long time to come are already filled I am afraid.

Mommydearest..

For my cystic acne I have had GREAT results with Vitamin C serum (skinceuticals).
I also have my own version "home made mask" I use twice weekly: Trader Joe's spun Honey mixed in with one tsp. Cactus honey granules, softly massage into face and leave in for about 15 minutes. Rinse off with hot water. Honey is an anti inflammatory. I then use a mixture of Trader Joe's Greek style plain yogurt with half a lemon and 1 tblsp. Jojoba oil (I have this prepared and saved in fridge use it as cleanser twice daily)-skin feels great and have had no cystic acne for first time in my life for a record 5 months!!!

Smile
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mommydearest - There are only 6 LEd lights
on the Facemate and there are probably many more to cover the entire face with DPL. Byt DPL does not have the cleansing, microcurrent or ultrasound. You should go look a that pictures of the machine via the website.
Good luck! DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi mommydearest - There are only 6 LEd lights
on the Facemate and there are probably many more to cover the entire face with DPL. Byt DPL does not have the cleansing, microcurrent or ultrasound. You should go look a that pictures of the machine via the website.
Good luck! DiPhx

Oh yes I do remember now, they have a few. I think it is a very handy machine and you get great bang for the buck. Have you tried on your body. I heard from a friend it works and helps with fatty areas and toning. It will be my second one for sure unless I don't feel I get enough improvement from LED and then I will probably return that and go for the microcurrent. I think Microcurrent and FaceMate might have been a better path to take for me but who knows. I do have sag that bothers me so much I threaten to cut all the time. Not terrible so look old but enough so it has taken away prettiness. I have been strangely absent from all home movies and photos for a number of years now. It is sad and I feel bad for my son when is older and walking down memory lane. Maybe by next Christmas suddenly Mommy will have resurfaced again.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

am I right in thinking then, that some of us will have to choose between having fillers and using the BQ ? I am so disappointed about this. I do believe the light spreads, as sometimes my lips get dry even though I work around them, - therefore I'm sure it would spread to areas we were actually trying to avoid - what a bummer !

Jackie
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I have fillers and have been using the bq for about 2 weeks daily - I have avoided the filler area, but gotten right next to it and have not problems. I just don't put it directly on top of it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi Ladies,

am I right in thinking then, that some of us will have to choose between having fillers and using the BQ ? I am so disappointed about this. I do believe the light spreads, as sometimes my lips get dry even though I work around them, - therefore I'm sure it would spread to areas we were actually trying to avoid - what a bummer !

Jackie

I haven't seen any actual documentation that the BQ has adverse effects on fillers. In my experience the BQ has had no affect at all on my Botox. The Resty in my lip line only lasted about 6 weeks (which is terrible, I know) but not unusual for me. Both Resty and collagen have a very short lifespan for me and this was happening prior to using the BQ.
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Exclamation Sad Exclamation
HORRORS!!
I just posted about how I have NOT have any out break outs of cystic acne in about 5 months ... but I have woken up to my face actually SWOLLEN from something manifesting from beneath (close to my nose)-- it is huge!
I will search on the EDS forum for help-- meanwhile go with my usual tea tree oil.

aarghhhh Mad these take days and weeks to go way and then weeks and months to heal Crying or Very sad .
Ok... now I will "have" to buy that Baby Q to help with the scarring right Rolling Eyes
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Mariah - have you tried mixing a drop of teatree oil with a drop of castor oil and applying that? When I get a rising bump, that's what I do, it helps bring things to a conclusion quicker. I follow that with equal amounts of royal jelly and pearl powder, mixed into a paste & smeared on; let that set, then put something cold on the bump. Those party-drink ice cubes wrapped in a face towel are great ... you know, the plastic cubes with liquid inside that you keep in the freezer? It takes some of the 'heat' and soreness out and when the liquid inside the plastic melts, it won't get all over the place. Then just pop it back in the freezer to get cold again.
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Mariah - have you tried mixing a drop of teatree oil with a drop of castor oil and applying that? When I get a rising bump, that's what I do, it helps bring things to a conclusion quicker. I follow that with equal amounts of royal jelly and pearl powder, mixed into a paste & smeared on;

Thanks for all of the advise Chocolat!
I ended up going to the doc for an antibiotic, and continued with the tea tree oil.
However, I would like to try your recipes above.... have been reading a lot lately about pearl powder--will have to look into it. Thanks so much for responding to my post!
I am doing much better (and with a Baby Q on the way Laughing )
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
So... I ordered my Baby Q. And today was delivery.
Must say so far: disappointed with customer care at advan thera! Not all the rave I have been reading about here ... sure they were nice on the phone--- but I bid $313.13 on ebay--- yet in less than the posted 21 hrs. I had "won" it for $399.99 Embarassed
I have contacted them three times about this... but no response Mad
Alex emailed to let me know the case is back ordered and the Baby Q was being shipped sans box for now.. that's fine, as I was anxious to get my hands on my new baby ... however, it arrived with nary an explanation on how to use this tiny gadget I paid almost half a thousand dollars for Sad
So ...what DO I do with this little thing!!??
I do hope I will be as happy with it as I have been with my Nuface!
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
ok... just got off the telephone with Alex.
Very nice & helpful.
Apologized for not sending the manual nd explained how to use my baby.

Explained the Baby Q should not have shown for less than $399.99 on ebay (ebay's mistake then?)

So... I am off to make my self beautiful. Smile

(with my baby Q, my NuFace and my Lips2kiss-- what finding this EDS forum has done to me in only three weeks-whoa! Very Happy )
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |