Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mariepop
5% products discount

Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
AJRN Thank you once again, I will certainly do my research!
Shylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've told my husband about everything I've learned about the BQ. He said that I could order it with his card......something tells me that he'll end up playing with my new toy! Laughing
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I continually am amazed by my Baby! Very Happy
I started using it 2/14/07. Now I use the L&R Dermaroller and their products. Their serum contains C and 2% retinol and I use it B4 rolling, then follow with the BabyQ. I have been doing this every other night, then follow this with Bioelements Sleepwear (contains glycolic) or L&R Night cream. Amaaaaaaaaaaazing results! What really bumped it up for me was using the Baby after the rolling. It helped with the redness and stinging and, whatever you use it with, it pushes the products into your skin, apparently.
The thing I found out is to go very sloooowly over the face, keeping it in contact with the skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie, what is a L&R Dermaroller and what does it do? I've never heard of it. And what kind of results did you get from the BQ?
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
AND isn't the DPL the same as the BQ, but it just doesn't need to be moved around the face?

I saw the Derma roller @ Bath and Body and was wondering about it. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
What is DPL and what does it do? And what does the dermaroller do? Can you tell me a little about your results with both? Sorry, just curious. I'm learning so much from this forum.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shylass!
There is a thread on Dermaroller that is already started, so don't want to hijack this thread. It, and the BabyQ, supposedly help absorption of products. BabyQ has been tested by NASA on healing of burns. If you go to thewww.AdvancedTherapeutics.com website for BabyQ there is a lot of data they quote.
I have noticed better "moistness" of my skin, and plumpness. Several major creases on my face are slowly ironing out. Just little things, but IMO, they make a big difference. It's not like a gi-normous laser peel or a facelift! I see incremental improvements on a weekly basis. HTH and thanks for your questions. They are nice "toys"!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I can't believe it, I'm drooling over beauty tools! Laughing Has anyone noticed lifting in the eye brow area or tightening in the jawline? Are your pores smaller? I need more coffee.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I have had the Baby Q for a approximately 9 months. I purchased it for post operative pain in my ankle. I was very impressed by the results.

My daughter has been using the Baby on her face more then I. Yesterday I decided to start using my BQ again. I got in touch with AT. Alex told me that you do not get the full advantages of the BQ or Quasar unless you go through all three modes: Orange, Red and Green. Just thought I would pass this on.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
mariepop
5% products discount

Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! Baby Q users, I am still waiting to hear from 40+ who have been using it for over a year, (except from AnnieR, thanks AnnieR for your comment, but you are probably not 30 Question ) I have nothing about taking care of skin before 30. I'm very skeptical because from what I read here it's very good on 30 years old face but I simply rarely have seen wrinkles on a 30 years old face! and Baby Q under 30 will probably prevent to get wrinkles. I know some buy it for other reasons than wrinkles, but my concern is: Is it really good for wrinkles for 40+

Well it's Summer (everybody have other things to do) Maybe 40+ are like me: they are not buying it because they don't believe anymore in miracles! After trying all the creams out there that were promissing to do miracle...without any result...I think it's hopeless.

I just want to know if after a year the wrinkles are REALLY gone? or still waiting for the miracle to happen or if your face has started to crack more (side effects) Confused Shock Any comments will be very much appreciated!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
[(except from AnnieR, thanks AnnieR for your comment, but you are probably not 30]

No I am not 30, but 45 and I think the Baby Q is great for fine lines and maintenance. If you have deep wrinkles it might improve them, but I have not heard of anyone having significant reversal of them with the Quasar's. It really isn't designed for that I don't think, but it's hard to get anything to reverse major wrinkles. Those have to be addressed by lasers, peels, injections, facelifts, etc.

5% products discount

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Thank you AnnyR. I meant you probably are under 30, but at my big surprise you are not!
I said that because it seems most who bought the baby Q are under 30.
I've tried peel, it left me 2 little scars which are not very noticable but still they are there) I tried collagen injections (last only 3 weeks) tried Artecol injections which is more permanent but it left me a plumy line on top of one of my wrinkle. Facelift will be my last ressource, I will wait after 60, I'm 47. People think I'm 35. (so not so much wrinkles after all) Now I'm trying Glycolic Acid, skin has improved a little but need to stay away from the sun for sure (face is red) or put alot of sunscream.
Before having a face lift, I will certainly try Baby Q. At least I did not hear bad things about it. And hopefully in 13 years technology will probably have find something much better Rolling Eyes
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
It's tough when those wrinkles are already there! Laughing I'm saving the facelift for a last resort too. Have to have something to look forward to try as I have tried just about everything else. Juvaderm has been a great filler and very natural, only on my 6th month with but it's holding well. Meanwhile the Baby Q and I are a weekly to biweekly date. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie for the reminder to use all 3 modes. I got lazy and skipped the orange mode cuz I thought it was a "weenie" mode for some reason. Now I'm back on track.
I have seen some lifting of the upper eyelids (I use the BabyQ right on the orbital bone and down into the socket) and some smoothing of upper lip lines too, but no lifting of lower jaw sag. Smiling helps with this!!! Very Happy
Like you, I used it on a nasty sprain/torn ligament of my ankle right after it happened and I'm amazed at how quickly it healed. The ortho guy asked me why it didn't hurt!!!
The AdvancedTherapeutics website had a testimonial from a chiropractor who uses it and says to use it on the outer ear as it has many meridians commonly used in acupuncture. I've been trying this cuz what could it hurt??? Don't know what results to look for, but it feels good!!! :l Laughing
I've been using mine since 2/14/07 faithfully. Every 3rd day if I can, but at least once a week. Is there any danger in using it this often, Winnie???

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone is interested in trading up their Baby Q for Quasar SP:

http://www.advanthera.com/gopro.html

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
fawnie wrote:
I've been using mine since 2/14/07 faithfully. Every 3rd day if I can, but at least once a week. Is there any danger in using it this often, Winnie???

fawnie, I don't think you are doing any harm. I let my DD use my BQ for several months. I am just getting back into it. You can be my teacher. Wink

fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie,
Thanks for the link to trading in the Baby for the SP. Sure looks inviting! But for someone who has more time than money, I can't justify the extra $950 - ouch!!
Is the SP that much better, or is it just that less treatment time is needed?
fawnie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Winnie,
Thanks for the link to trading in the Baby for the SP. Sure looks inviting! But for someone who has more time than money, I can't justify the extra $950 - ouch!!
Is the SP that much better, or is it just that less treatment time is needed?
fawnie

fawnie,

I would really love the SP but can't justify the spending right now. I think the big difference is that the SP takes much less time. The SP also has a cone attachment to get in small area.

mariepop
5% products discount

Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie for the link to trade BabyQ for quasar SP, I emailed Alex to see if there is a special for those who don't have a trade and he replied with the following: I can extend to you these options which you may share with our friends on Essential Day Spa.
Options without Trade in: Pay in Full / $1000
2 Months/ $625 per month
3 Months / $425 per month
** 30 Day Return Policy / 1 Year Warranty

I'm glad I asked! Definitaly getting one!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
WoW MariePop! You drive a bargain! On the link Winnie posted tho the warrantee for SP is listed as "Lifetime". Enjoy your new toy! I don't think you'll ever be sorry!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have only been using two lights because I had some instructions that said for the first three treatment use all lights and then the next 3-6 treatments use the 3rd stetting and then the first hmm Could someone tell me again what page the instructions are on pleassse (I can't be bothered going through the pages again!)

By the way I have been using it weekly for 7 weeks now and I am impressed, I haven't noticed any difference in the under eye area but I couldn't stop looking in the mirror last time I used it becase my eye lid was actually so much firmer and plumper and it stayed like that for two days, I even wore a bit of eyeshadow becuase normally I don't bother you can't see it my eyelids are that droopy. I am defonately going to continue to use it and my husband is continuing to use it for his dicky knee Very Happy with good results.
mariepop
5% products discount

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks fawnie, I think I understand why I don't get the life time warrantee or the 2 years as I saw on other page, 'cause of the price I got it (I'm not "that" good bargainer, women are reknown not to be)

And thanks Mardy Bum to let us know that your droopy eyes are not so droopy anymore! Very promessing!

I ordered it yesterday & I should get it by beginning of next week. Can't wait to see if I will get rid of my fine lines and droopy eyes, or at least my rosacia, and also have inflammation on my shoulders. I will take a lot of pictures before/after for sure!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have only been using two lights because I had some instructions that said for the first three treatment use all lights and then the next 3-6 treatments use the 3rd stetting and then the first hmm Could someone tell me again what page the instructions are on pleassse (I can't be bothered going through the pages again!)

To date I have heard of three different ways of using the settings. 1. All three modes to start 2. After your skin gets use to BQ you can use only the green setting . Just the other day AT told me for collagen production to use all three settings(that is why the machine was designed as such). I was told that I was not getting the full benefit of BQ without using all three. hmm

Mardy was told another way of using it. I wish that AT would clarify this for us. It is rather confusing.

fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Winnee:
machts nicht, I will use it on all 3 settings just for insurance sake, why not? Can't hurt, might help!!
After I tell you this you won't be able to pry your Baby loose from your DH hands: Article in Sept 07 Bazaar about stimulating hair growth/rejuvenating hair with LED. Different manuf than AdvThera (BabyQ). I tried the Baby when I first got it on some thinning areas of my scalp, but didn't stick with it long enuf to tell if it was gonna work.
I'm slowly talking myself into getting the bigger model, if not the tabletop, so I can treat more places....
Idea Anyone interested in developing the "LED Booth" so we can treat our entire bodies? We'll glow in the dark I'm sure!!! Laughing Laughing

5% products discount

Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies, I am new to this forum and would like to know if any of you ladies who purchased the baby quasar are still pleased with your results?

I am going to purchase the quasar on ebay.

Smile

thanks

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |