Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
rashirosey wrote:
Hi BQ users Laughing Laughing has anyone bought this through Alex, and if so how much is it??? Very Happy

Thanks Wink

Since only one company makes this, everyone bought theirs thru Alex (he is also very fast at replying to any question or concern you might have), also amazon is alot cheaper in shipping, and I got mine on second day after ordering, got to love that!!!!
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Scalawaggirl, TAMgirl, MalissaMarie.

Rashirosey

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Finally got mine, but I've had to be out of town for 2 days. Tried to fit in 2 quick sessions. Anyone did 2 days in a row or is that okay? What about lips?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Just had my first Gentle Waves treatment-my clinician also recommended IPL photorejuvenation-so I purchased a series of 4 of those, spaced 1 month apart & a series of 10 Gentle Waves-she is generous with her financing & is charging me $1100 total for both series & she is allowing me great flexibility with how I pay her in installments-a big help! After just the one session of both, the redness around my nose has completely vanished, as had some other facial discolorations-she said that is a result of the IPL & that both work together to diminish the discolorations & superficial lines & droopiness. I will check in with this forum to keep us all updated!
Maria
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
After 2 treatments, I can see a difference. The first time, I used hydracool and did the exact procedure, no real difference. The second time, I used nothing, just clean bare skin prepped w/ witch hazel. Today I did see a difference, plumper, firmer, smoother in a way. I am very critical, so I am really looking hard at it, will keep updating.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've only done two treatments (managed extreme restraint in not doing one yesterday or today YET) and my results have not only stayed but have improved, I am def firmer, smoother, plumper and like Annie, I'd happily say bs this is going back. So for my question calling Ms Katee, is this something to be done say ten treaments then a few months off then ten? Also my forehead which wasnt bad but a few thin lines starting (I am 44 very soon, so I can't complain) are gone unless I get a micro inch from the mirror then I can faintly see them. Now I repeat they were thin, not deep at all and just really starting to show.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
From what I've read, I think you just keep on using it. From what I've read, once you achieve optimal results, you continue to use it, you just cut back if you want.

So far, I've been doing every other day, although I'd like to use it daily - it's just a super busy time for me right now.

I'm still amazed by it though. On Friday night, I got like 3 hours sleep, but I used it before we went out, and my skin looked amazing. By late last night, my poor bf was about ready to pass out from exhaustion and I STILL looked all glowy and stuff (with emphasis on looked, when I finally did get to sleep I slept for like 11 hours Laughing ).
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
My clinician said 10 treatments, then just once a month-which is when I'll likely buy my own unit-by then the bank account should be revived!
Maria
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Would you use the Baby Quasasr device in conjunction with Dermal Tone/NuFace type devices? Or, does the BQ take care of the same types of issues, making the use of these devices redundant.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
maria51va - now I'm confused but I thought MelissaMarie was asking about the treatments with the Baby Quasar. If I'm reading the posts right, you're talking about Gentle Waves.... Laughing... God I think we're driving each other crazy !!!

As for the Gentle Waves, yes - a series of 8-10 treatments. Mine were once per week but I know some practitioners do it twice per week. After that, the maintenance is supposed to be 1 per month.

On the Baby Quasar, I think its what I said before...
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Can you tell how excited we all are about this-we're talking over each other!
Yes, I'm talking about Gentle Waves since I'd already scheduled these sessions before I came upon this thread-decided to go ahead with my 10 sessions & the 4 IPL, then will purchase my new "baby" for followup to the clinician.
Maria
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to repeat AnnieR's question..

Does this BQ thing also work for plumping the lips?

Thanks
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Great post thanks for letting us all know about it, Im thinking of trying it.

Im from the Uk and wondered if anyone else has brought one from the Uk. I have rosecea type skin and flushes i have heard of LED being able to calm the skin. I have had 3 ipls but only made my skin burn and give me alot of swelling and left me now with a puffier face,

Has anyone noticed any side effects, As i dont know much about how it works does it have different settings as i think i would want a low setting for my skin?Do you have to use the 2 skin care products it comes with in order for it to work?My skin is a little dry on cheeks but have not yet found a moisturser that doesnt irrate me , sorry for all the questions,
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Eeee, mine arrives by UPS TODAY! I have to travel this week (lucky me) so I get to pamper myself prior to heading out.

Now, if only my IS Clinical samples get here...kind of think they won't make it that fast.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I found the best results w/o using the HA as Katee said, just wash and prep with witch hazel. I'm going to do again this morning, then cut back to every other day for a while. Unless (Alex are you out there?) there is harm in using it every day in the beginning. Katee- isn't that what you started out doing?
BTW-my hubby used it last night and he has horrible rosacea and we saw INSTANT results. He used the continous green setting and did 15 second intervals. It reduced his 11's (no more botox for him) and under eye poochies!
Katee-We could kiss you. ( And I had one, okay several, margaritas in you honor!) Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Well, I did the green setting on Saturday morning and "felt" the firmness more than seeing it. I do think I'm seeing more plump, firmer skin, but I also think it's too early for me to tell much. Perhaps since I don't really have all that much to improve (at least that's what others would say), that I will see results a bit more slowly. I'm only planning to use it every other day for now, and only the full green strength 2x per week. The other days I will use the orange/red and spot treat green.

I too am wondering about the lips. Perhaps someone should PM Alex and find out! I'll try to remember if I have some time today. My work day is about to take off though. Rolling Eyes
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Oh, good news! My samples will be here today! Wheeeee! I will be able to jump start my skin care before a harrowing week of travel. Yay!

Looking forward to the lip plump question, as well.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Hope you enjoy your samples. I think this BQ makes the products penetrate better.
I just e-mailed to ask a couple of questions to Advanced Therapies. I'll post when I hear back.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi - Does one still use the Dermaltone/Nuface devices with the BQ???

Thanks Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Boy-fast response! Here comes the answ.:

Hi Ann, I'm glad to respond.

You may use on the lips, just not the eyelids. You may also use it
daily
but I would suggest every other day to give the skin a chance to rest
between treatments.

If you have previous light therapy exposure, I suggest the high setting
or continuous wave (red or green). The high setting is pulsed and the
cells seem to respond well to pulsed light. Stay in touch as questions
arise. Best regards,

Pete Nesbitt
President
Advanced Therapeutics, LLC[/i]

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks AnnieR! So I will definitely plan to stick to the every other day routine then. Also, is it me or does it sound like he's saying that the red setting actually works better than the green? Hmmm...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I know-I liked the shortcut idea, but then I'm an instant gratification person. I will slow back down I guess. I was just sooo excited!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure the BQ can be used on the lips, but I don't see any reason, based on the science of it, why it would result in plumping...

As for using it with the Dermal Tone device - I think the two devices are designed to address two different approaches. This one really seems to affect the quality of the skin and its collagen levels. Dermal Tone is designed to keep the underlying muscles toned, etc. Whether you use them both I think is really a question of choice, the particular issues you're trying to address, etc.

I'm really glad that others are getting similar results though. I'm always such a skeptic and I was a little bit startled by the results I got with this. I kept asking my bf to confirm or deny but he's useless when it comes to this. I think he considers those kind of questions sort of like the "do I look fat in this?" question....laughing. He's way too smart to go there!
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure companies submit reviews on their own products all the time to make it more appealing to others. I think Amazon needs some of the reviews from people on EDS since I just noticed the one review on Amazon is pretty much the same name as the president of Advanced Therapeutics, Pete Nesbitt!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Well he might actually use his own product!! Laughing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |