Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about the warranty, I didn't ask. I know if I have a problem, I am sure they will work with me, they have been extremely professional in the past. But so far, so good! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
CTYankeegirl wrote:
Hi everyone! I've been using the DPL Light for about three weeks and the only difference I've noticed is that my skin seems less oily. I'd love to hear from other DPL users for updates on their progress (or lack of). I guess I'm up in the air about spending that much money and possibly not seeing results..
Thanks!

I have been using my DPL for about 8 weeks know and have noticed subtle changes. My skin 'just looks' better and i mostly use a tinted moisturiser. Pores are smaller too guess it looks more radiant BUT no real change to the pigmentation very little to lines as well.
I'll keep persevering for the moment though Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Take pictures in a good light full face + profile. After about a month, duplicate those pictures. It will really help you see the 'subtle' differences that can easily be overlooked.

It also helps if we have realistic expectations. Mine are to just slow down the hands of time..

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mariepop
5% products discount

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
CTYankeegirl

I will also add to your comment: Spending that much money probably makes us want to believe so hard that our lines are or will go away. I hope it will not be another scandal such as botox with all the side effects and with mortality. Wake up in few years having our brain fried (something like that) by our DPL. I'm exagerating, but I'm not convince yet it's without a risk.
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
mariepop wrote:
CTYankeegirl
Wake up in few years having our brain fried (something like that) by our DPL.

Shock
OMG Certainly hope not!!! *fingers crossed...

Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi every body. Very Happy Iam very exited about Baby Quasar .I brought this and used it for 12 treetments.I can't believe my eyes. My face is glowing with healthy shine.I used it after washing my face with oaly regenerist thermal polisher.But i have one question. How often i can use it in a week, is there any long term effects if i use it for years?
pls answer me if some body been using this for long time. Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have the dpl unit and I really like it. It adds a fresh glow - I use it after I put on either vitamin C rerum or CP's and help them sink in.

I used the dpl for about 10 weeks - twice weekly in the beginning and now use it twice weekly - sometimes for the 9 minute cycle and other times for the 18 minute cycle. If I have something special to go to I use the double cycle!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been using my DPL for one month. I see a general improvement. I just look better. However, no improvement of lines around my eyes. I'll be going on maintenance this week. I'll probably do every other day instead of twice every day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Jenilia
Hi! I've been using my BabyQ for one year now. At first I used it 2-3 X week for about 3 months, then once a week for next 6 months, now I use it maybe once every 2 weeks.
Great results!
If you call Peter at the company that makes BabyQ, he will most likely be happy to set up a program for you and let you know what to expect and when. Go towww.QuasarPro.com and the 800 # should be on there.
I don't think you can overuse it, but it might be a waste of time, since it does take the skin time to respond/recover from treatment.
Good luck and keep using your Baby! I even use mine on my hands and it keeps them looking young and smooth.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,
I’ve been lurking on EDS for a while lately about various things but for a while have been thinking about this whole light therapy thing.
Would never have considered it or even known it was available till I had a Vasculyse treatment done on several broken caps. It’s been 6 weeks since I’ve had it done and it looks like my face has been lightly burned where I was zapped. Not what I had expected and am quite upset. Cleared up one problem, but created another. Grr! All literature that I read said that this treatment is virtually painless, with minimal down time. Well, it hurt like heck and I looked like a freak for 2 weeks after. I have very sensitive skin and perhaps the early onsets of rosacea. Even if I don’t I still get the products meant for rosacea because of the sensitivity factor.
My skin has never been one for bad breakouts but as I get older (only 32), my skin has just gotten weird. I can also blame this on my sun worshipping days as a teenager. I get that now I am paying for it.
So, 4 weeks after I get my Vasculyse treatment done I go back to the lady for a facial, hoping to promote healing and for her to tell me my effects were normal. She says she has never seen anything like that and that I should be fine by now with no marks. She must have felt bad b/c she gave me tons of rich moisture creams and zinc so that the sun wouldn’t aggravate me. I just got back from Mexico and found that being in the sun helped a bit but I’m so against going without sunscreen now I won’t consider that type of therapy. Before I left she suggested coming in for a LumiFacial (light therapy treatment)…she said it would promote healing, would help the breakouts and redness and gave me a one-time only special price $30. Like I said, she must have felt bad b/c normally its $100/session. Helped a teeny bit but it was just one session but could see the benefit of having more. Anyways, I do not feel like dropping $600 for 5 treatments and thus began my research on personal light therapy devices. Being from Canada I can easily get a hold of the Tanda. I’d love for the redness to go down and get some of this annoying acne under control. Not expecting any miracles but a little help would do. I’ll of course keep track of this and take photos so I can assess if it’s working. I’ve got all my emails from Tanda promising a full money back guarantee if I am not happy and I will hold them to it if it makes my face worse. We’ll see right? It’s been very helpful reading everyone’s thoughts on various hand-held devices and am eager to try it out.
One thing I do love and cannot live without is my mineral make up. Most people tell me I have great skin. I just tell them they haven’t seen me in the morning without makeup. The mineral make up has greatly helped with coverage of my marks from the vasculyse and there is no irritation. Definitely less break outs. I got mine through beautyblisscosmetics
I’ll keep reading everyone’s thoughts and see how other people are making out on here. Could be fun!
Cheers!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I returned my TANDA - did not help with healing, nor acne. I do not have severe acne - it is mostly hormonal (and from facial hair), so I fully expected it to work and take care of the problem.

My impression was that it did more for the anti-aging (red light), but did close to nothing for acne or healing the few acne scars I had.

I get more help from the essential oils concoction, then I did from TANDA.

I am lemming Lightstim for both acne and wrinkles, just am quite concerned about safety of long term use.

Just my 2 cents,
Lucy.

P.S. Waterfordgirl - which mineral makeup are you using?

TIA,
Lucy.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Sigma,
Thanks for the tip. Glad that you were able to return your Tanda. That was my biggest concern so once it was established that I could return for any reason I felt reassured.
As for the mineral make up I ordered it from beautyblisscosmetics . com
I went through a period where I tried various kinds of mineral make up and narrowed it down to the fact that Mica and Bismuth Oxychloride irritated my skin. I used Pur Minerals for 3 years until I finally clued in that it was the PM that was making my face so itchy and blotchy. Now I love my new stuff. I just recently filled another order. One 30 gram jar lasted me over a year! And I bought a few shades b/c I am paler in the winter but I don't need the light shade in the summer when I do have a bit of a tan. Having 2 shades and mixing them will last me a long time. I use the matte mineral make up as it does not contain mica or bismuth oxychloride. I started off with samples too to make sure I picked the right shade and to see if it irritated my skin before buying the full size jar.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks.

I am always curious about MM, I have tried so many but so far no HG. Some do not last for the entire day, some accentuate every wrinkle, and so on.

I will definitely look into this one and let you know how it will work out.

Thanks again,
Lucy.

5% products discount

Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so I ordered the Tanda. It's a lot of money and I felt so guilty but I figure the most I lose if it doesn't live up to its promises is $15 for shipping. 30 day trial!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Best of luck!

I hope it will work for you.

Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm new here, i want BQ so much, i will maybe buy it with my taxes return.

Enjoy reading the BQ forum
Waterfordgirl32
5% products discount

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Alrighty, it’s been a few weeks since I’ve been using the Tanda and I think I can give my opinion now.
I believe it is actually working. What I wanted to concentrate on was the brown marks left by the Vasculyse treatment I had done in January. Grrr! It has been getting lighter and lighter. Even my b/f commented on it and he saw how my face looked after the Vasculyse and how bad it was.
When he told me it was getting better I thought, thank goodness it wasn’t just my imagination. Overall I don’t mind using the Tanda. I use it while watching TV and I leave on the Regenerate a little longer than the Clear. I don’t think either gets too hot. Maybe a bit warm, but it’s definitely not over heating.
As for texture, my face does seem softer and when I put lotion on it glides on easier and seems to absorb better. Seems that my face is less dry so that is good. Winter in Canada definitely takes a toll on one’s skin. I also haven’t gotten any huge cronkers and even the littler pimples I get are small and go away pretty quickly. My biggest concert was the brown spots (hyper pigmentation?), so I am happy that the Tanda seems to be helping. So, hope this helps. Redness is going down and so far so good. Takes time though so I understand I have to keep at it to get the optimal results I need.
Before I use the Tanda I wash my face with Jouviance and after my treatment I put on Aloe Vera Gelly and Camellia oil and I’m good for the night. Now, I am on a hunt for a good physical sunscreen since I use MMU. I’ve placed an order for the Liquid Mineral make-up by NCN and am looking forward to that. I still use a bit of foundation but it’s from Almay and contains talc, parabens and other crap so it’d be nice to get things simpler. Less is best. I’m intrigued by this MSM thing too and am going to pick up some supplements. Should go hand in hand with the digestive enzymes I take. That has helped my skin big time.
scrappnmom
5% products discount

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I want one of these So bad! But, I was so disappointed when I was reading about it and it mentioned that anyone with Epilepsy shouldn't use it! I have Epilepsy! Do any of you who have used this have Epilepsy and did it cause you to have seizures? Is it the flashing lights that can cause the problem? I hope someone can give me good news!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
what is the difference between the Baby Q and the derma wand?

What is the best to work on minimizing the fine lines and the sagginess that comes with age. I don't have any problems with break-outs or large pores or any of that.......I just want to have my skin look the best and the youngest possible!!!!

Thanks to everyone who can offer some help.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
scrappnmom

Very bright, and or flashing lights, has been known to trigger epileptic seizures in some.

It's not worth the gamble. Perhaps one of the many 'other' types of skin gadgets would be a good alternative. What skin issues are you dealing with?

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
scrappnmom
5% products discount

Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to work on such issues as acne prone skin, scars, aging,sagging skin, fine wrinkles and baggy eyes. So, I guess if I do have photosensitive seizures that would rule me out of using this. I wonder if any of these kind of products would be safe for me? I should have known! I went to a plastic surgeon once to have laser hair removal and he wouldn't even touch me with it because of my seizures. If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Kassie!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Here are a few skincare tools you might want to consider for the issues you mentioned..

Derma Wand - oxygenates, lifts + tones skin. Also great for zapping zits.

NuFace - micro current for lifting + toning. Many members are having great results with this. (Please check the info on http://www.nuface.net for any contraindication to epilepsy though, just to be on the safe side.)

For the scar issues, perhaps a good skin regime with AHA's, BHA's + other topical products would be worth looking into.

A wealth of info has been discussed on all of the above. A search will bring up lots of info.

Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, you ladies please advice me on a photorej. device! I have dry skin with early signs of aging: enlarged pores, loss of elasticity and sagging face with very few wrinkles. I am really concerned about the sagging so please help! Which device would be the best for me lightstim,BQ or Nuface. Thanks!
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies,

In order to give our clients peace of mind and confidence in the Baby Quasar brand we've increased our standard warranty from a 1 year to a 5 years for all past and present customers.

We've been telling everyone how strong our devices are in terms of effectiveness, value, design, and quality. Now, we are going to back it up.

Alex Webster
Quasar Light Therapy www.babyquasar.com
1-610-650-8899
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie - No need to be insulted by my inquiries Winnie; if you are insulted I sincerely apologize and it was not my intent Confused

I simply asked for clarification from you because you are a moderater that I have seen post many times and respect your sage and honest responses to inquiries.

I didn't think that a private email was necessary because there was no accusation of you in particular in my post and I would assume that everyone would want to know what the ground rules are Neutral It seemed that there was a lot of bickering on the thread that seemed less than respectful to those who were truly interested in gathering information and ongoing communication about common interests.

Again, my sincere apologies.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |