Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="bethany"][quote="Kassy_A"]Here's the study:

We concluded that 830 and 633nm LED phototherapy is an effective approach for skin rejuvenation.

PMID: 17566756 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

bethany wrote:
What is interesting here is that none of the LEDs we have been tracking have 830...they typically have 880 and 630-632 (with some as low as 590 in amber).

All I know is, this is me doing my happy dance;

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure the Quasar products have 633. I don't remember what the other 3 wavelengths were though.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Sassenach
5% products discount

Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I woke up today with a smallish-ish pimple under my lower lip, and I'm doing a test to see if my Baby Q can get rid of it quickly. Has anyone tried this?

I've done one cycle with the Baby Q, and I'm going to do a cycle every 2-3 hours. The pimple is already reduced at least 50%! I'm wondering if it will damage my skin to use the BQ several times in a single day. I'd love to hear from AdvanThera on this.
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you may use the BabyQ frequently as it will not harm the skin. What isn't clear is whether you will get any additional benefit from more frequent use. We do recommend starting once a day for the acne protocol but have not tried multiple times each day. While you will not harm yourself, you might find that over use will dry out the skin somewhat. If that happens, just back off the treatment schedule.

Have a great day,

Alex
Advanthera is now Quasar Light Therapy
Sassenach
5% products discount

Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Alex. Since the pimple's almost gone, I probably will only do one more round today. Otherwise, I've been using the BQ every other day--mainly for hyper-pigmentation and fine lines. I don't have acne.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot tell you how regretted that I am to come into this review..
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I've been researching the different LED devices and am trying to decide between the different Quasar models, SP or Baby OR the DPL LED Light Therapy System. They are all about the same price.

The DPL covers the entire face in one sitting.

Does anyone have experience with all of these?

Which one is recommended the most?

Would love to hear some opinions!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Jae, the thread below should help you in making a decision. All the models you listed are mentioned numerous times in here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28996

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
THANK YOU!! So very nice to do!
eve.lew

Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi, i am keen to purchase baby quasar after all these reviews. however, am just wondering if i can use it in between clinic treatment such as TITAN, THERMAGE?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm curious why some of my posts are no longer here - ?
And others have been edited?

I find that so odd, a forum on LED lights. Why the intrigue?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
MY mistake - sorry!

I'm getting two forums confused. Dumb of me!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
eve.lew wrote:
Hi, i am keen to purchase baby quasar after all these reviews. however, am just wondering if i can use it in between clinic treatment such as TITAN, THERMAGE?

There would be no problem in using an LED after a Thermage or Titan treatment. If anything, in theory, it should compliment the treatments because the LED is supposed to encourage collagen growth as well.
eve.lew

Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:27 am      Reply with quote
thanks keliu!
Lisa D
5% products discount

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
First, let me apologize if this post isn't appropriate (if that's indeed the case, someone please let me know).

I purchased the Baby Quasar in February of 2007, used it about 5 times, and it's been sitting in my cupboard ever since. I'd like to sell it (half-price) to someone who doesn't want to pay full price, but would like to try this kind of light therapy. This is the model that has the Continuous Wave, Low Pulse and High Pulse modes.

The unit is in perfect working order - my desire to offload it isn't a reflection on its condition or its effectiveness - I'm simply too lazy to be consistent with its use. Smile
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
This is my first post and my first day lurking around this website so I apologize if these questions have been asked and anwered before....
1) where do I buy the Quasar SP? It doesn't seem to be offered on this website.
2)I have not used the Baby Quasar before but can I go straight to the SP version?

I am 46 yrs old and relatively clear skin but the lower portion of my face is starting to sag and moving towards my mouth. Sad I would like something to tighten it a bit as I don't want to go to plastic surgery until maybe 5 yrs from now. I do not have any restylane or fillers.
Thanks in advance
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Baby Q is offered here or at AdvanThera (although I just tried their site to give you the link and it doesn't seem to be there anymore). Also, QuasarPro now seems to be the place when you google it.
You can go straight to Quasar instead of Baby Q, and there are pros and cons of each. Mainly time and cost because they both have the same results.
I am 46 as well with the same issues and although it plumps, it does nothing for sagging that I have found and I have been on board with the Quasar since the beginning of this thread. I wish it did as I am now going back to have a little more juvaderm (which lasted almost 2 years for me) put in my nasolabial and a bit in the chin area for a little line that is starting. Proactive works best for me. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Annie,
Thanks much for the response. If BQ or Quasar does not help with the sagging, is there a better too that promotes tightening?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I would love to know as I am looking into that myself! Anyone?
You could just start out with the Baby Q to see what it does FOR YOU (as everyone has had a few different results), and then you don't have a big investment into it if you are disappointed in any way. There had been one for sale on ebay. I know 'cause they were using my picture! Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
The ones on ebay right now are $439 and $449...not much of a sale. Maybe I will wait for a day or 2.

There was a picture at eBay. If that is your picture, WOW!! you need to share your daily and nightly beauty routine so I can copy!!!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks-my skin is not looking so great. I did 4 Cool Touch Lasers that were supposed to tighten up collagen and instead I got a bit of sagging. I need to go back to my routine of the Baby Q. I also love IS Clinical Proheal, Active and Hydra.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Which device is best for brown spots and cystic acne? I'm looking into a light device mostly for these 2 issues because it takes forever for my scars and other brown spots to go away and my cystic acne can stay for more than a month! *sigh* I never used to have problems with cystic acne and it's not bad enough to go on meds so the derm only gave me some antibacterial serum which isn't working!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kareberry* wrote:
Which device is best for brown spots and cystic acne? I'm looking into a light device mostly for these 2 issues because it takes forever for my scars and other brown spots to go away and my cystic acne can stay for more than a month! *sigh* I never used to have problems with cystic acne and it's not bad enough to go on meds so the derm only gave me some antibacterial serum which isn't working!

Re brown spots and cystic acne - you might find this thread of interest:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30513&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I don't want to go off topic here (I love using my LED) but what about trying a Dermawand. I think it's very good for killing bacteria - great for zapping away pimples. I use it all over the face every morning and never get any breakous anymore.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Everyone! This forum is a trap! ... And you've totally lured me in Wink

I was passing through your forum after googling Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS for short) and ended up here instead. (I thought you might be a support group for sufferers.)

Even though this forum is the "wrong" kind of EDS I think you can actually help me. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (I'll copy and paste this) "involves a inherited defect of one of the many types of collagen fibrils that make up the connective tissues in your body."

Basically I bruise very easily (the simple act of walking can bruise my knees), I'm very flexible but with painful joints and if I cut myself it takes a long time to heal. It may or may not get worse as I get older (I'm 21 now) but looking at your posts I think the Baby Quasar could offer genuine relief, especially as it stimulates collagen growth.

Like I said, I'm 21 and don't need the Baby Quasar for anti-aging reasons (but okay, I'll admit it, the beauty reasons are tempting me too Wink) but the fact that it could help my joints and bruises is really exciting.

I've been lingering on your forums for about two weeks and read pages and pages of this thread. Some of you have used it for carpal tunnel syndrome with good results, and I was wondering if anyone else could tell me about using it for muscle or joint pain as well.

Thank you thank you thank you and I'll expect you will see me a lot round here. Please don't make me buy too much stuff Laughing
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I have posted a copy of the latest Baby Quasar instruction manual on babyquasar.com. Below is a link for all to see.

http://babyquasar.com/baby_quasar_manual6.pdf

Make it a Great Day,
Alex Webster
Quasar Light Therapy
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you don't mind me copying and pasting this, BUT...

I don't know if you've seen this questionnaire yet, but a few days ago I uploaded some questions for LED users to answer. Most of the LED threads are hot topics now, and I thought a questionnaire to pool our results and routines could really be enlightening especially to people who've yet to buy one.

I'd really appreciate it if you filled it in. I can't wait to see what everyone says! Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31065
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |