Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am a little astonished that shortly after my last post on this thread Alex, from Advanced Therapuetics, PM'd me to explain the name on the Amazon review.

The review was written based on a real testimonial to Peter Nesbitt. It was not expected Peter's name would appear on the review.

I'm impressed Alex stands by his product and tried to explain my observation. I don't know if there is a way to change a review name once it has been submitted. Anyone interested in submitting a review to Amazon?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
That's great. If I get time I might try to submit one. My hubby loves this thing (hey, who's present was this)?

5% products discount

Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder how this device would affect acne/blemishes... Do any of you ladies who've tried the BQ get blemishes, and has the device helped clear them?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
There is a treatment option for dealing w/blemishes. I just did my first treatment and took before/after pics and will report back on findings after my 4/5 session!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
That's great. If I get time I might try to submit one. My hubby loves this thing (hey, who's present was this)?

Hey Annie if he liked the 15 sec a section, get him to go for 30secs!!!!!! Oh wait don't, you'll never see ur machine.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, the results so far sound incredible!

Has anyone used this on hyperpigmentation? How were the results?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I was waiting on him this morning to finish up! I am turning him into a monster!! Laughing No, he really loves it and I am so glad. My skin looks great and my IS Clinical stuff is really working better. I'm off to Vegas again on Thursday-Sunday so maybe I'll win enough to buy him his own. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:23 am      Reply with quote
If any of you ladies know anybody with acne try using the Baby Quasar and post the results Smile I cant advertise so thats all I'll say Rolling Eyes Use the continuous wave mode on a daily regiment for acne. Any questions please PM me. ~Alex
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I have a question about self-tanner and whether it refracts. I use it every other day. But I clean my skin really well before I use the light. Does anyone know?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR - I don't know but that's a good question. You'll probably have to PM Alex again. Also, where are you staying in Vegas? I'm so jealous! My bf and I have been trying to plan a trip there forever. We gambled almost every night on the cruise. If you like slots, there is an electronic slot machine called Texas Tea and it's a blast, especially being from Texas. It's kind of a 50/50 win/lose though, but me and my mom and aunts had a blast playing it in Vegas. It's a nickel slot. Have a blast! Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
We are staying at the Venetian. They've been trying to get us to stay there since our last trip when we stayed at the Mirage on our anniv. on July 4th weekend (WAY TOO CROWDED). So some friends had some frequent flyers on SW they were giving away because they expired next week and Ventian said come stay for 3 nights free in one of our suites & 2 free tickets to Phantom of the Opera (my fave). How could I refuse? My son in college is visiting his girlfriends parents in Ventura, CA so they may drive over (but he's not 21, she is). I Love Vegas, only my third time, but I'm hooked! Can you say Gambler's Anynomous? I'll try the Texas Tea, may bring good luck. Wish I could take my Baby Quasar, but decided against it this trip, timing may not be right.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I just looked at it on ebay. It has a review on it thats exactly like the one on amazon but a different name now. Funny.
It does look tempting though, ESPECIALLY the redness thing. Has anyone has any positive results with redness?
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
With my Lumifacials, I was told that the green light treats hyperpigmentation on the basal layer. The red is for collagen. Not really sure what the orange does ...
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, when I read the first reviews of the device (which was a little while before I purchased it cause i'm perpetually skeptical katee), the review carried the name of the greek guy - the guy who is quoted on their site.

I honestly think that what happened was that when they put the item up for sale on amazon, since they were doing the posting, that was the name that appeared. I often think, when I read reviews of things, that the person writing the review is a shil of some type, but these folks strike me as being too honest for that.

Bottom line: I prefer to accept what I consider a reasonable explanation. If it turned out that they reviewed their own product, given the fact that my own assessment of the thing is that it's pretty damn good, it wouldn't change my opinion of the device. But, it would change my opinion of them somewhat... Confused
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well, two nights in my trial period of starting this new device and I have to say I AM VERY IMPRESSED. I used it 2 nights in a row as I will be out of town tomorrow so will have to skip it as I'm not ready to lose my precious investment in my manditory carry on - now checked baggage. Ugh.

I also started my IS Clinical serums (yay) and they are really making a difference. However, though my skin looked really nice today and my makeup went on very nicely, I was my normal oily self. So, I'm adding 3% BHA to my morning routine 30 minutes before I use Super Serum/Hydracool. Did a little research and this is good for oilies but I'm making sure to put some time/space between my actives.

Oh yeah, I wasn't super careful the first time using the light and my eye was pink this morning and right annoyed with me. I accidentally looked at the light while working around my eye. I was very prudent tonight...EYES CLOSED. So, take it from my dopey mistake - don't look into the light...
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I was nuts or it was just a fluke, but wow at how nice my makeup goes on and how little I need. I've only done 3 session, just havent had time, but will pick up steam tomorrow. LOVE LOVE LOVE this thing, I def not take it on a trip, this is a keeper.
Zila
5% products discount

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am very intrigued about this product, so much that it prompted me to register an account here. I would love to believe that this machine is an amazing miracle (and trust me, I wanted to make an impulse purchase) but there is no such thing as instant, meaningful structural improvement. I mean, your body can't produce truly thicker skin with all the components that make up skin within a half hour. It has to be swelling of some sort or at least increased blood flow, like when you work out. If that's not the case, what is creating a dramatic change in such a short timespan?
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
The increased blood flow and lymphatic drainage will show most people immediate results. The true result comes with the continuous use over time and the production of collagen.
Zila wrote:
I am very intrigued about this product, so much that it prompted me to register an account here. I would love to believe that this machine is an amazing miracle (and trust me, I wanted to make an impulse purchase) but there is no such thing as instant, meaningful structural improvement. I mean, your body can't produce truly thicker skin with all the components that make up skin within a half hour. It has to be swelling of some sort or at least increased blood flow, like when you work out. If that's not the case, what is creating a dramatic change in such a short timespan?
Zila
5% products discount

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Advanced Therapeutics wrote:
The increased blood flow and lymphatic drainage will show most people immediate results. The true result comes with the continuous use over time and the production of collagen.
Zila wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply. It makes sense that there would be increased blood flow but isn't that a form of inflammation? If I rub my arm, I get increased blood flow too. I read the explanation of how it's supposed to work: cosmeticlight dot com/what_is_light_therapy.htm (it won't let me post urls yet) and it says that with "chronic conditions" you can get some inflammation. I would imagine, if you're exciting things at the cellular level, you're generating some heat and of course some inflammation with that in healthy tissue too. Is there a component of controlled damage (ala laser) that also helps to create some collagen? What about the risk of surface capilaries since it generates new ones?

Also, speeding up metabolism (which the info page says this does) brings cells closer to death faster. Are we playing with the Hayflick limit? Could this possibly be a 'look good now, pay later' deal?

I hope I'm not being a downer. The idea of getting down to the bone and stimulating regeneration there (and in all the other tissues) is more than appealing. I just want to know exactly what I'm getting into.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
for those interested in the device for acne, i received this response from Alex:

"There have been may clinical studies showing the benefits of Red pulsed light helping in the reduction of acne. I will attach a link to one such study at the end of this PM. In my opinion light therapy is the best treatment for acne currently available. Light therapy helps decrease inflammation and irritation in the skin. This process reduces the production of excess sebum, the primary cause of acne. Without sebum there will be nowhere for the acne bacteria to manifest itself. Blue light has also been used to help in the reduction of the acne bacteria. From our clinical trials we have gotten much better results with the Red than with with the Blue. Although, using both has been proven to be the most effective treatment....
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&list_uids=16766484&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=Citation&indexed=google "

between the raves (especially since it was started by katee who introduced us to ISC), and this info, i was ready to take the plunge and be the guinea pig for folk with acne. i may not be as bad as some of the younger members, but it is still a constant battle. unfortunately, they're back-ordered -- thanks, i'm sure to this thread....
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Well, I had a bad bout of a breakout due to some makeup that was still hanging around. Since using this machine, it is all gone. I worked specifically last night on a section of little, tiny ones that have been hanging around for while resisting all exfoliation, etc. Those are now dried out and I am sure, will be gone by tomorrow.

I will report on my progress but I have to agree w/Katee, it is an amazing device and I am tweaked that I was able to get one!

Today, my eye is fine, in case anyone was wondering.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I hope I'm not being a downer

Hi Zila, you are a downer, but welcome anyway. Laughing

The same thing occurred to me actually, that it can't be new collagen so quickly so what is it.

On the Hayflick limit - We've wound ourselves up here before about this and in the end decided it's purely theoretical, otherwise - hell we would hardly be able to use any anti-aging treatments.

I wouldn't say 'increased bloodflow' was necessarily a result of inflammation or a negative thing. One of the benefits of exercise and stretching is that it increases the bloodflow to the area, which carries away toxins.

I haven't read all the stuff about this device yet so I can't really comment on that specifically.

But just wanted to say it's fine to ask questions. Why not??????

Molly Cool
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I think I need some advice on using this. I've used it 3 times so far as follows:

Day:
1. orange/red/green spot treat (as recommended for beginners)
2. skipped for "healing"
3. green all over (4 minutes in each of the 6 sections)
4. skipped
5. same as day 1
6. skipped
7. tonight would be my 2nd green night for the week, but I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow since I have a friend's b-day dinner and won't get home in time to do it.

So far I haven't really seen any results, even though I wasn't expecting to at this point. However, I'm starting to get a bit concerned because everyone else seems to have immediate results. My broken caps look the same as well as any wrinkles/lines and sagging areas. Is there something you guys are doing differently and maybe that's why I'm not seeing instant results like you? Or is it because perhaps I'm younger than everyone using it (I'm 29)? I don't know that I actually am younger than you all, but I thought that might explain it.

I'm getting concerned that for some reason my infrared lights aren't working. I mean, since we can't see the light they create, how do I know that they are? And I have another question. When he says the red pulsed light is great for boosting collagen, is that the red setting, or the orange setting where the red lights actually pulse?

Orange is the only setting that mine appears to be pulsing (flashing), is that correct? I'm getting confused!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I think the more damage you have on your skin the more results you will see FASTER. My plumping (and hubby's) was immediate. I have also done some spot treats to dry up some little bumps and that did work. Also, my hubby is using it on some ant bites on his forearm that he got into this past weekend at a birthday party and they are healing quickly. He didn't want to go Vegas tonight looking like he has the measles (Hate to break it to him, but he will!).
Vila-it's okay to be a skeptic. I was too until the moment I used it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR - So are you primarily using the green setting then? And are you using it longer than 15-30 seconds on each area? Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |