Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone which email address i should email to to enquiry about the product?

I email BQ's support about 2 weeks ago, but until now they have not replied.

This made me worried about their after sales customer services and i wonder if i should order BQ.
DermPrincess

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
That's not been my experience at all. You should really just pick up the phone and call their toll free number at this point. There could be any number of reasons that they did not answer you. The email might not have gone through or ended up in a spam folder or any number of things. I can understand your concern because I freak when things like that happen and wonder about doing business with people who don't get back to you but in this case, it's a fluke.The number they have listed is 1(800)944-1523.

As for serums, they recommend Pure Silk which is designed to really help the light penetrate the skin and drives home all the ingredients. It's similar to when you use heat to help a hair conditioning treatment penetrate better. The red light will help intensify the power of that serum or potion though you need to be careful not to use one that has any light reflecting qualities or that provides a powerful barrier to the skin as the light will not be able to penetrate as well. Personally I don't use anything at all and follow up with a good spritz of what I call my miracle in a can (Avene's Thermal Spring water Spray). I spritz my face after I am done with treatment but then again I have super oily skin.

Hope that helps. Smile

Oh and to the person who asked if the thrill was gone. Not for me...not yet. Smile
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:
I keep seeing LED lights being used in random things now. You can use red LED lights up your nose for hayfever (seriously!) and blue LED lights in your toothbrush, for sanitizing dental equipment and in hoovers to protect people with allergies and asthma.

This is the up-your-nose LED Laughing

It looks odd but has rave reviews on Amazon.

haha, this one is really cute.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
why Baby Quasar?

from this post I know that this device will work.

But it is too expense

a lot of similar products on this market.

and those device is not hard to make it .
DermPrincess

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
hahaqj wrote:
why Baby Quasar?

from this post I know that this device will work.

But it is too expense

a lot of similar products on this market.

and those device is not hard to make it .

I felt the same way before buying the Baby Quasar. I chose the cheaper Tanda originally and bought that through Sephora. It was not the same. It had a one year warranty instead of the 5 year warranty that Quasar offers. It also had trouble holding a charge (a problem quite a few people have experienced). I began to get worried that I would be one of those people when my warranty ended with a unit that cost me $350.00 (I bought both the red and blue head) that could no longer hold a charge. Plugging the unit directly into the wall did not help either. I called Tanda to ask why it was that it would not work off the cord and the rep said that the battery must be really run down (well I thought the point of having the cord was to bypass whatever the battery was doing). She said that's not how it works and I said...bye bye Tanda and back to Sephora it went. Too many problems with other people having the same issue so I was not going to bother with tempting fate.

I also didn't like how the portable units have to hit your skin at just the right angle to go on (so you can't do hard to reach area's). The light also escapes big time on those and practically blinds you. The Tanda was like this massive beaming light and the goggles hurt to wear (very tight and left ring marks). Because of the design of the Baby Quasar, no light escapes period so no goggles are needed. You just plug it into the wall and it goes and goes and goes with no fear of running a battery down and having to toss the unit which is what you do need to do with the Tanda once the warranty period of a year is over and it no longer holds a charge.

You get what you pay for.
DermPrincess

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
By the way, I am stunned at how much better my sinuses feel with the Baby Quasar. I actually called and told them this because I wondered if it was a fluke or something. They said that they get this all the time, but because of the FDA, they cannot make claims about it helping your sinuses but it does! I wish they sold the Medinose in the US, but for now I hold the Baby Quasar up to my nose for about 30 seconds or so in each nostril and I swear I am not getting those awful headaches anymore! Red light therapy is used in other countries for sinus trouble and inflammation. Because of the Anti- bacterial qualities of the Baby Blue, I hold that on each nostril for about 10 seconds or so as well to kill any bacteria up there and so far this system has proven to do a lot more than just kill acne and inflammation for me. Smile
foryourcloset
5% products discount

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Gah! Brick wall I am still SO confused over what LED to purchase. I have read pretty much EVERY page on this thread, the AALS thread, the Prolight thread, and the thread on which LED device should I get (waay too confusing for me, I have no idea about specs and all that other stuff)

First, I wanted the BQ, then the AALS, and then I purchased the EVIS MD Platinum Blue Light for acne from Nordstroms because of their lenient return policy. They also had the red, but it's currently sold out. Has anyone tried the EVIS? It does not seem to be a popular brand on this forum.

Okay, so my issues are:
*Slight (shallow) acne scars on forehead
*Very fine horizontal lines across forehead
*Fine undereye lines
*Mild acne (which is under control by Retin A Micro + Alpha Hydroxy 10% enchanced lotion on alternating days, + the Thermaclear (which I want to replace w/ the blue LED)
*General blahness in texture/glow

What LED would be best for me? My mom also has REALLY bad arthritis and I read that the RED light is good for that, but it seems like I would need a Red, amber + Blue for all my issues! Which is $$$, not to mention time consuming. What would anyone recommend? I can still return the EVIS MD Blue LED whenever I want since it's Norstroms after all. Laughing
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've really been in the dark, because I'd never heard of this Baby Quasar! Lord, I might have to look into it
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:
IT costs $800 on their website, but can be purchased via Amazon or on eBay from the guy who owns Advanced Therapeutics for $350-$400[code]

katee or any1, on the U.S ebay site i only found a seller by the name of "geoffjenkins27" is he the one you meant?

essentialdayspa offer 699 for bule and red LED
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
foryourcloset wrote:
Gah! Brick wall I am still SO confused over what LED to purchase. I have read pretty much EVERY page on this thread, the AALS thread, the Prolight thread, and the thread on which LED device should I get (waay too confusing for me, I have no idea about specs and all that other stuff)

First, I wanted the BQ, then the AALS, and then I purchased the EVIS MD Platinum Blue Light for acne from Nordstroms because of their lenient return policy. They also had the red, but it's currently sold out. Has anyone tried the EVIS? It does not seem to be a popular brand on this forum.

Okay, so my issues are:
*Slight (shallow) acne scars on forehead
*Very fine horizontal lines across forehead
*Fine undereye lines
*Mild acne (which is under control by Retin A Micro + Alpha Hydroxy 10% enchanced lotion on alternating days, + the Thermaclear (which I want to replace w/ the blue LED)
*General blahness in texture/glow

What LED would be best for me? My mom also has REALLY bad arthritis and I read that the RED light is good for that, but it seems like I would need a Red, amber + Blue for all my issues! Which is $$$, not to mention time consuming. What would anyone recommend? I can still return the EVIS MD Blue LED whenever I want since it's Norstroms after all. Laughing

I think it's all about wavelengths range.

I am just waiting some people tell my the relation ship between wavelengths range and benefit.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
RGGAL365 wrote:
I'm wondering whether the Baby Quasar requires any special serums which optimize the light treatment? Tanda has some very expensive serums which are to be used with the unit and I am wondering how necessary they are.

baby quasar has serum but I don't know it's working or not
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
skinlover wrote:
Does anyone which email address i should email to to enquiry about the product?

I email BQ's support about 2 weeks ago, but until now they have not replied.

This made me worried about their after sales customer services and i wonder if i should order BQ.

call them 8009441523
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
I will be purchasing my Baby Quasar in the near future from EDS. If anything goes wrong and I have problems contacting the manufacturer, I know EDS will be helpful in resolving my problem.
I think it is really important to purchase an expensive item from a very reputable organization, because if something is going to go wrong it's going to be with the big ticket item!!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Serums can help, but bare face is better IMO. I've tried using my IS Clinical Hydracool which works great too. If your face gets dry, then a serum is a good idea. If not, bare faced and clean is best.

5% products discount

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
DermPrincess wrote:
By the way, I am stunned at how much better my sinuses feel with the Baby Quasar. I actually called and told them this because I wondered if it was a fluke or something. They said that they get this all the time, but because of the FDA, they cannot make claims about it helping your sinuses but it does! I wish they sold the Medinose in the US, but for now I hold the Baby Quasar up to my nose for about 30 seconds or so in each nostril and I swear I am not getting those awful headaches anymore! Red light therapy is used in other countries for sinus trouble and inflammation. Because of the Anti- bacterial qualities of the Baby Blue, I hold that on each nostril for about 10 seconds or so as well to kill any bacteria up there and so far this system has proven to do a lot more than just kill acne and inflammation for me. Smile

I don't think it's your imagination. I've been treating my allergic rhinitis by flashing a Beurer red beam up my nose. It WORKS!

Today, I received my Baby Q. I am SO jazzed! I got a new, unused one on eBay for $288. It sure outclasses my Beurers! For the face, anyway. Smile
Kari
5% products discount

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Serums can help, but bare face is better IMO. I've tried using my IS Clinical Hydracool which works great too. If your face gets dry, then a serum is a good idea. If not, bare faced and clean is best.

I think you're right, Annie. Seems like the dermatologists and estheticians use bare face.

I think that if one uses a serum during the treatment, there is the potential that something in it might block or distort the wave. Just MHO.
Kari
5% products discount

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
laurelkait wrote:
Antonia wrote:
LaurelKate, I have had mine for about six months...I use it twice a week and I really think it tautens my skin. The only "problem" is that it also sends me off to sleep. I guess it's the repetitive action! I certainly wouldn't be without my Baby Quasar.

That's funny! I tend to doze off, as well, as I do it in the living room while watching TV in the evening.

I'm still seeing no results and I have been faithfully at it for almost two weeks now. I must say that I DO love the Pure Silk Anti-Aging hyaluronic formula that I purchased with it. I've tried using the Baby Q on clean, bare skin as many have suggested as well as using the Pure Silk. I have even used the Pure Silk on one side of my face and bare skin on the other. Again, no difference. I've been telling friends that I'm beginning to think that I bought an electronic version of "snake oil" from the wagon of a traveling show! Laughing

I'd give it at least six weeks, if I were you. It takes 27 days just for the new layer of skin cells to surface.
Kari
5% products discount

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
DermPrincess wrote:
Awww the heck with it. I just went ahead, bit the bullet and ordered the whole system (Quasar Power Pack). I was just afraid of missing this deal and I finally found where they indicate that they are an authorized dealer which is crucial for me. I saved on sales tax and shipping too, so I do think this was the best choice for me as far as ordering. Hopefully I will find the Quasar as effective as I have the Tanda without all the worry. I'm very excited now to get my new Quasar system! I will box up my Tanda and get it back to Sephora (crossing fingers that I made the right choice).

Well, here's how I rationalized the expense-- Hereabouts a derm office will charge as much as $500 for ONE photo-rejuvenation session. With the Baby Q, you can have as many as you want. And, they have a five-year guarantee.

So, what's to lose? Wink
eireann
5% products discount

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Will using the BQ affect botox in any way? If I can't use it on the affected area, would it be okay to use BQ on my cheeks and lower face and not use it on the botoxed area?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Do not use it directly on the botox site and injection area immediately. I did, and it completely diminished my results. After the botox took it was okay the next time, just not for the first two weeks and I don't leave it on that area a very long time.
You can use it everywhere though just fine.
And ditto, for the fillers, by the way. I learned that the hard and extremely expensive way after even calling the company to ask about it and was told I could use it on the injection sites to reduce swelling and minimize bruising. Bad idea! I think that the company also advises people not to anymore, or at least I would hope so. But that's still a really sore subject with me as you can tell. Wink

5% products discount

Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks AnnieR, are you still happy with your QB? You were one of the reasons I purchased mine. IIRC, you have rosacea too, do you use the red light at all? I only use the amber and green lights, I'm afraid to use the red light as it is for normal skin and my skin is anything but normal, lol. Do you have a specific routine? I worry that I'm not doing it enough and then I worry I'm overdoing it. It's tough when you have problem skin...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I have the baby Q which is the smaller one. I still use it once every week or two when I can remember. Life has gotten so crazy, it's just hard to find the time!
I hope you will be happy with yours. I used to use it every 2-3 days or so and then worked up to just the once every couple of weeks for maintenance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
im still looking for someone who is selling it cheap in ebayyy . boohoohoo
JaclynS
5% products discount

Mon May 25, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Can the Baby Q be used in conjunction with a facial stimulator such as Tua Viso or FaceMaster and do you think it helps with volumizing a persons face? I do not have many wrinkles and wonder if it helps tight jowls etc.
Any suggestions welcome!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I am highly interested. But, what is the philosophy behind the Quasor?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |