Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I think I have to start saving for the Quasar. I am too impatient to spend so much time on the Baby Quasar. I can hope in a few years the price will come down. I'm so glad it's working for all of you!!
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Here is a question for Alex and anyone else who might have an opinion.

How does the type of light emitted from the BQ differ from that of sunlight? I ask because I notice some similarities in my skin, of when I get "some sun." My skin looks nice and glowy, the pores seem to disappear (from swelling, I think), and later I will start to peel.

I have had all of these things happen to me so far after one use of the BQ. I would really like to know more about what UV wavelengths are included and excluded from what the BQ emits. For example, is there any UVA,UVB, or UVC emitted, and if so, short or long waves?

Thankyou...
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
You peeled after a treatment????
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I had a little dryness around spots, that was because i used clindamycin on them as well. Never peeled allover though, scary.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
When I finished my first 30 minute treatment, my chin was quite pink. Like I'd spent the afternoon in the sun. And now, 3 days later, my chin area is peeling. I haven't peeled anywhere else though.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Did you do the treatment with all 3 lights or just the solid green one, like my hubby does?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I've done treatments the manual way {1st time} then 4 days of using just the green light {4 days} and today the manual way.. No signs of redness or peeling on me...

My husband did it the same way, with 1 day less of the green light, and no peeling on him either...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I think the peeling has to be from something else. I don't see how this unit could cause peeling.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I used the 3 settings, one after the other per the manual's instructions.

I'm thinking it's caused by the BQ because I had that deep pink color only on my chin when I was done, and then I'm peeling only on my chin now. I don't use AHA's or do manual exfoliation and the rest of my face is not dehydrated. It's just behaving in a similar way to having a slight sunburn. That is why I'd like more information about the type of light used, any UV waves, and the basic mechanics of how the unit achieves results within the skin. I didn't see this info. on the website in any specificity, and I would like to know the "ins and outs" of how it works. And of course, I don't want to do anything to my skin that is similar to inducing UV light into it that is capable of causing any kind of burn. Now, I'm not saying this is the case because I don't know. I am just asking for more information.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin, and I burn outside in 5 min. w/o sunscreen. This does not make my skin red, peel or irritated. It actually feels calmer and smoother and the red spots are lighter. It also calms down my hubby's rosacea, which sunlight & UV lights irritate. This does not make sense to me at all. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
no redness here either! Are you using anything on ur skin with this machine?
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear, I'm still very anxiously awaiting the arrival of my unit and I really hope it doesn't cause excessive dryness coz my skin is orginally rather dehydrated and I can't imagine how it'll look even dryer! Do you all use it on absolutely clean skin with nothing on? Oh btw, how long does Alex/Peter take to reply to emails because after I made my payment for the item, I wrote to them a couple of times and it's been 2 days but still no reply. Oh well, hope they're not too busy... Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I had a serum on when I did my first treatment...cp serum. The next time I do it I'll try using nothing--would that be better?

I did like what the BQ did for my face in general, I was just curious about any potential UV connection because of my chin. But I trust all of you who say you've had the opposite effect on your own skin...
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'mone who can look at a PICTURE of the sun and be burned... No burn for me, as I said earlier..

YES!!!! Poco, the directions state use on CLEAN skin! That's the purpose of useing the Witch Hazel to clean off your skin.. After your treatment, you can use your products... I believe the only things they say you an use are the HA serum and a skin lightener if needed/wanted.. I don't think it spifically has to be theirs.. Not sure on that.. I believe a previous poster {sorry I forget who} said they use an HA serum from Whole Foods..

I would think doing a treatment while you have CP on your skin just could be what caused your redness/peeling.. It is after all fairly strong, isn't it??

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, forgot to add this..

fenn.. Alex has gotten back to me right away, with the exception of one time.. And when I asked again, he was right on it..

I'd PM him on the EDS board.. He seems to check in often.. Or call him...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
It's a mystery to me, Kiki, but I'll post after my next treatment, done without any product on. I'll try it again tomorrow night. (I don't find cp serum to be strong at all...it's rather soothing.)
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I tried CP serum once. I broke out, had horrible peeling,etc. I use on completely clean skin, nothing else (and my skin is very dehydrated). I tried one time using my hydracool, same results per say. It does not make me dry. As a matter of fact it seems to help plump up my skin especially helping the serums, etc. penetrate. If you are concerned about drieness, use the HA serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Poco, I'd say having the CP on with the BQ treatment could surely cause irritation. Since the BQ intensifies the product from what it seems (or maybe interferes in some way - not sure).

In any light, naked skin is what I do, as well.
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kiki. I've writen to Alex again viam PM here and also through email but still no word. Sad I really really hope that the package arrives soon. Everyday I call home from work, once in the morning and once in the afternoon to alert family members of impending arrival of said package but always come home sorely disappointed. :/ Oh well...

arghH! Sunlight is quite my nemesis and I apply sunblock every morning even though I'm probably only out in the sun for a good 5 minutes and even then I carry a sturdy, anti-uv coated brolly...I certainly don't want to spend money on something that mimics the effect of sun rays on one's skin. Rolling Eyes Please say it isn't so...

Anyhow, I'll post an update once I've had the chance to try it out, that is when I do receive it. =)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
fenn, have you gotten an email saying your BQ has been shipped and the delivery date? If so, there should be a tracking number in it..

I do find it odd that Alex hasn't replied to you yet...

5% products discount

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I'd definately call him. He's very helpful on the phone.
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Oddly, we've been communicating twice prior to my ordering the quasar but since then I haven't heard from him. I didn't receive any tracking number either after making my payment which was last Friday. Is that normal? I'll probably give him a call tomorrow if there's still no news, though it's truly a hassle since I live so far away. Sigh...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I certainly don't want to spend money on something that mimics the effect of sun rays on one's skin. Please say it isn't so...

Fenn, I'm sorry I put this fear in your head. I have no information to back up that idea. I was just guessing, trying to solve a mystery. If all the others here are having pigmentation lighten and smooth out, and no one else has had this anomaly happen to them, then I think it's safe to say that the BQ does not act like UV light on the skin.
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Alex hasn't gotten back to me, but Peter emailed me about my unit and is taking care of it. So far I've been quite happy with the customer service as well as the unit itself. I use it on the green setting on each of the 6 sections until it beeps (is that too long?). On Sunday I went to a party with some dancer friends I haven't seen for at least 6 months. They actually kept commenting on how great I looked. I haven't been dancing because of a car accident as well as family health problems and overall stress at work, so for people who haven't seen me for awhile comment on how good I look is definitely a nice boost to the ego.
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
These are all very good questions and something that should be addressed. The BQ does not use any UV light whatsoever. The BQ uses 4 wavelengths, sequentially pulsed, of both red and infrared light. There have been no reports of either red or infrared light causing the skin to peel. The use of certain wavelengths of light will emphasize the healing response of the skin. This being said it can also emphasize the effects of other products being used. This is generally seen as a good effect. On the other hand, do not use the BQ with any products that may irritate your skin. If you have any specific question please PM me.

Alex
Advanced Therapeutics

PocoLoco wrote:
Here is a question for Alex and anyone else who might have an opinion.

How does the type of light emitted from the BQ differ from that of sunlight? I ask because I notice some similarities in my skin, of when I get "some sun." My skin looks nice and glowy, the pores seem to disappear (from swelling, I think), and later I will start to peel.

I have had all of these things happen to me so far after one use of the BQ. I would really like to know more about what UV wavelengths are included and excluded from what the BQ emits. For example, is there any UVA,UVB, or UVC emitted, and if so, short or long waves?

Thankyou...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |