Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Honestly, I don't understand how they can be all that different. I am sitting here holding the quasar in my hand and the bulbs look identical to the ones in the skylark devices. I'm sure most LED bulbs are created equal. It all depends on the manufacturer how they want to arrange them and how many they want to place in one unit. I'm lost when it comes to more technical details like wavelengths and such. This page actually lists all the different LED units that they make. I too wonder if the difference is very significant.

5% products discount

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Here's a question. Will the infared light cause hair to be [permanently] removed? Some laser hair removal devices use infared light to target hair follicles... so can the LED device be used over eyebrows, or will that make the eyebrows fall out? Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Er, and here is *this* page. http://www.skylarkdevice.com/skin_care.htm
Sorry it's late here Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
That's a good question on the hair folicles. When I had one of my first IPL's, the tech got a little bit of my eyebrow and it still hasn't fully grown back yet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
A quick update on my progress with the BQ. Skintype: Mature (53yo), sun damaged, dry, broken caps, melasma, uneven color. Some loss of skin firmness and some superficial wrinkling, especially around eye area.

I've done 5 treatments; every other day except once when I did two days in a row. All treatments administered by strictly following the manual's instructions.

Without a doubt I can say that the BQ has, so far, provided nice temporary results. For several hours after a treatment my skin is plumper, my eye area looks more rested and lifted, and my skin is more "glowy". The effects begin to diminish after a couple of hours, and about 6 hours later my skin is the same as pre-treatment.

I'm hopeful that longer term use will provide longer lasting benefits. At this point, I can't say that there's any fading of caps or melasma. Nor is there any improvement in skin tone, color, or texture other than the temporary benefits immediately after treatment. I know it's early, and there is no overnight miracle product (darnit). But, I think the BQ may provide noticeable improvements with extended use. *crossing fingers*

At the very least, this product will provide a quick temporary boost and a nicely rested appearance if I use it an hour or two before an important event where I want to look my best.

So far, I'm pleased but definitely hoping for more.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
OHMYGOD.
Quote:
That's a good question on the hair folicles. When I had one of my first IPL's, the tech got a little bit of my eyebrow and it still hasn't fully grown back yet.

I have used this twice now and got my eyebrows in there both times. I saw nothing in the pamphlet saying to avoid the eyebrows!

ALEX???? Shock
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
The type of device you are referring to is an IPL or Laser. These types of device are totally different and have no relation to LED technology. IPL and Laser devices generate high concentrations of heat to destroy hair follicles. LED devices uses specific wavelengths of light to generate blood flow, increases circulation, and over time produce collagen. If anything we've seen positive results in slowing hair loss due to increasesed blood flow. If you have any questions please feel free to call or PM me.

Alex
Advanced Therapeutics

PocoLoco wrote:
OHMYGOD.
Quote:

I have used this twice now and got my eyebrows in there both times. I saw nothing in the pamphlet saying to avoid the eyebrows!

ALEX???? Shock
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
ALEX: Do you have any input on how your baby quasar compares to the ones on the skylark website?
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
There are several differences between the Baby Quasar and the SkyLark devices. The Baby Quasar uses 4 separate wavelengths of both red and infrared light. From what I've read, the SkyLark uses only use one wavelength of light. Secondly, the Quasar uses sequential pulsing technology, patent pending, which helps reduce wave harmonics while using multiple wavelengths at once. The Quasar as well uses multiple pulse frequencies. Different people respond differently to different frequencies. From what I've read about the SkyLark devices they are only using one pulse setting. The Quasar is as well FDA approved. We as well offer a 30 day money back guaranty on the Baby Quasar. Jellen Skin Care offers no guaranty on their products unless the product is not used and even then requires a 5% restocking fee.
lily wrote:
ALEX: Do you have any input on how your baby quasar compares to the ones on the skylark website?
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't read, in depth, the Skylark info, but from what I did read, each one ONLY does ONE type of treatment.. The BQ is all inclusive.. {That may not be the right way to put it, but hopefully you get what I'm saying}

Adding to that, I like that AT is based in the USA, NOT some other country that could make it very hard if any problems came up.. Plus I found no real guarantee of their product.. Not saying it isn't there, I just didn't see it..

And we've had GREAT customer service from Alex, which tells me, the co. is more than willing to help with any questions we have.. He ALREADY has!!!

This is just my opinion of course, but, even tho it more expensive, if you have to buy more than one of the Skylark products, with no guarantee, and out of the country.. To me, it's a no brainer... Again, MY opinion...

As for resutls, I can say I am getting them, and they aren't seeming to be temporary... I can't give all the credit to the BQ, as I still use the Dermal Tone, Facial FLex, and my other serums etc, but there has been a marked difference, and I DO think it's the BQ helping my other products work better and faster.. I believe with continued use all that's going to happen is better and better results! I have 'mature' skin as well, but it is not is bad shape,.. Good genes and never been a sun lover and always been one to take good care of my skin has helped alot, so maybe that adds to why I see faster results.. I'm pleased with this purchase and will still rec this to anyone I feel worthy of knowing this secret...ROFL!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Second That!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the aloe vera yet? I'm going to try it tonight, perhaps start with one section and see what happens. Just curious if anyone else had.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to try the Aloe this morning, but, forgot...duhhhhh I'm also wondering if anyone has tried using the plastic wrap yet?

Annie, anything to report from you or hubby on these????

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, this thread is getting more and more interesting Laughing

I totally agree with I'm Kiki Wink NO REGRETS - looking forward to using the BQ.

Hey, I got the DermaWand, so the combination of highfrequency and BQ - I SHOULD EXPECT GREAT SKIN Laughing (not to mention all the other devices Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I use).

Keep us posted on the Aloe use - AnnieR, TAMgirl 99 and I'm Kiki Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
rashirosey,
Have you had the Derma Wand long? I ask because I was ready to order it, when this thread came about.. I'm still wondering if it would add anything to the combo, since I have the BQ now... I was watching the infomercial again last night, and it's on my mind again...LOL
Just what I need {NOT!} is another thing to add to the mix..LOL If it works, then I see no problem that nothing else gets done around the house, as long as I look MAHH-VAHHH-LUSSSS!!!! Laughing

Thoughts from anyone???

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kiki - I have had the DermalWand for about 3 months now, around that time I got the Beurer and DermalTone LOL - So, I started using all the devices about the sametime Embarassed

The Dermaltone, toned up my face..... the DermalWand helps with the absorbtion of the creams, and the Beurer kind of smoothed/firmed up the skin. Now all I want is longer days....... Bad Grin

Kiki, read the reviews on the Make-up alley for the Dermal Wand......a lot of people like it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
rashirosey,

I've read al the reviews I could find on the Derma Wand, and believe it's a good product.. What I'm wondering is, would it be of any use adding it to the lineup...LOL It seems to be advertised to do pretty much what the BQ does.. But, I wonder still...LOL

I LOVE my Dermal Tone.. Have had it for about 6 years.. Before that I had {and still have both} the Time Machine, by Connie Stevens adn the Face Master by Suzanne Somers. Yeah, they see me coming...LOL But they do work!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Kiki - can't help you on that one. The only think it does that the BQ does not do is provide Oxygen to the skin - correct me if I am wrong. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Kiki - can't help you on that one. The only think it does that the BQ does not do is provide Oxygen to the skin - correct me if I am wrong. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Ooooooo rashirosey! See, that's what I was forgetting! The oxygen to the skin! OK, looks like the Derma Wand is probabaly back on the list...LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Didn't see any differenace in using the aloe, although not as dry,maybe?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Didn't see any differenace in using the aloe, although not as dry,maybe?

Did you use the plastic wrap over your BQ so you didn't get the aloe in the bulbs? I didn't end up getting to try it afterall last night. I've just been too busy but plan to start it up full-time again after labor day.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Salster...

You can't ask technical questions and then say, "ohhhhh I don't wanna think about frequencies and wavelengths!!!" The fact is that it is THERE that the difference lies.

I think Alex gave a good answer as to the hair loss issue. A little bit of research will readily show the difference between IPL and LED treatments. The two processes are really quite different.

I really never paid very much attention to devices like the BQ until I got those GentleWaves treatments and was so pleased with the results. When my derm told me about the BQ, she warned me that there were alot of devices out there that were bs. I think I've said before that I trust her judgement on things and that she's never steered me wrong. With that said, however, I never do things blindly. Based on her recommendation, I did a little research. One of the things I found was that Jellen is like the fifth reincarnation of a company that has been repeatedly gone after by a slew of agencies for making false claims and misrepresentation. Each time, the guy who runs the operation, renames the devices and forms a new corporation (one never based in the U.S. incidentally). You will note that he has added a fine print disclaimer after he lists everything his device supposedly accomplishes, saying that he doesn't claim that the device accomplishes these things once it arrives on the territory of the United States........ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I could be wrong, but I don't think the BQ is, or claims to be, all inclusive. High frequency devices are based on a whole different principle...

I'm very happy with the BQ. I also have a Dermal Tone that I inherited and, although I liked it and definitely saw some results after awhile, I found it a pain in the ass ('scuse me) to use. I wasn't delighted with having to use a conductor under it and, even after having used it for awhile, I still had to probe around to achieve the proper placement each time.

Someone had asked Alex if the BQ replaced devices like Dermal Tone and his reply was that it did not. His advice was that if you were already using DT and liked it, to use both. And, that if you didn't have the DT, but did have a BQ, to try using the BQ first to see if it gave you what you were looking for...

I had started to use the DermalTone less and less before I purchased the BQ, just because I found it to be such a nuisance. I don't use it at all now Embarassed . But, having used each device on its own, I will say that if someone is using the BQ, they have no need for the Dermal Tone. The BQ achieved the same "lifting" effect for me, plus alot more. The DermalTone does nothing to improve the quality of the skin (and, to their credit, makes no claim to do that) in any way. With the BQ treatment, I got the toning, but I also see a significant improvement in the skin itself: plumper, more even toned, diminished broken caps, smoother. At first, like others, the effect was temporary and then diminished as time passed. But, I can see that the effect of the treatments is cumulative. The improvement doesn't diminish anymore. Hooray !!!

One thing I will say, though. And I think I said the same thing when I raved about Prevage MD and the IS Clinical line (both of which I still ADORE). Undoubtedly, there are some products that we love the moment we use them. Sometimes, it's because they have an immediate (but, I guarantee you, TEMPORARY) effect. Other times it can because it just feels lovely - which is nothing to scoff at! But, if you're looking for longterm, permanent improvement and results, it's just insane to use something a few times and start rendering verdicts.

In the case of a topical skincare product, I think the main purpose of a sample is to allow you to see if you like the consistency, texture, smell, and feel of a product. Ultimately, though, you have to use it for awhile before you can tell whether or not it will be an effective product for you. By now, everybody on this board knows that I border on fanatical when it comes to ISC Razz , but I absolutely WINCE when I read a post that says, "oooohhhh I used the Active Serum last night and woke up this morning with BEEEE-YOOOO-TEEEE-FUL skin." Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Well nuts.. I went to get my aloe and it's GREEN! I'll be going to the store later today...LOL My plan was/is, to use that and the plastic wrap.. With 2 of us using it, the covering of the wrap or clear packing tape seems like a good idea, just in case... Altho neither of us have any 'ickies' that I know of...LOL Just more sanitary...

Katee, I'm glad you checked in. How are you doing with it so far? I, {like I think most who have got this} trust you and know you don't just 'jump on the bandwagon', so to speak.. I'm the same way... Altho I did kinda take your word on this, and didn't do the research I would usually have done, prior to my purchase... Embarassed

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |