Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
What I consider permanent isn’t the result of a product to be everlasting, but that the result isn’t something that has to be maintained. Relative to this discussion, of course skin deteriorates, and depending upon the detrimental elements it’s subjected to will affect the speed of that deterioration.

Nearly all things deteriorate or wear in some way, a simple analogy. If I have a vehicle and it’s having trouble with road traction because of low tread I could rotate the tires which would be a temporary fix, I would notice an improvement in traction but only for a short period of time and I didn't really do any “repair/healing” to the tires. The tires are going to continue to wear at the same rate and from the same state they were in at the time of rotation.
I could go buy new tires or get the tires retreaded which would be a permanent fix for my situation because the traction will be in a better state than what they were at the initial time I noticed a problem and there was real “repair” done to the tires. Even upon wear or deterioration they have to accumulate that wear to eventually end back up where I was when I initially had traction problems.
Maintenance to the tires can be done by checking correct inflation, taking slow turns, putting on protective chemicals ect., which is the same that can be done for skin health to slow down the “aging/wear” process.

So when I ask specifically about skincare products to have a permanent or temporary fix I guess simply I am asking whether or not the product truly improves skin perhaps on a scientific level. (Keeping in mind the underlying goal being to reverse/repair/heal damage caused by aging and other element exposure) I can’t get new skin like I can tires, but I could do treatments of some sort to “repair” skin like I could by retreading tires. Permanent.

That’s my definition at least of a permanent effect of a skincare product or procedure. So with that definition I have tried to understand what products, treatments DO have permanent effects for the last few years (always been obsessed with skin care).
An example of a permanent effect I guess the only one I truly KNOW of is a face lift. No it does not repair the skin, but the objective is achieved permanently and degrades from there, although it’s not the same as if you were to have the skin you had at age 10. I have read of photofacial having results for up to 5 years, so this could be permanent or temporary based on my definition of “repair” but I do not know the science behind it. Other procedures like peels, dermabrasion ect. are the same way.
Temporary results would be makeup, fillers, botox. There is no real repair just “masking”

I don’t think I have ever read a real consensus for real or permanent results in contrast to temporary and this is what I have always considered the best method of determination.

With that said, I guess I could of simply asked: Does Baby Q repair the skin (permanently)?
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
oops

didn't realize I wrote an essay.

and i still thought I was being brief
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Photorejuvenation, which is the principle behind the BQ, incites the production of collagen. Don't know where you choose to classify that.

BTW, a facelift doesn't "fix" anything. It in no way improves the quality or composition of the skin. It just cuts away loose skin and tightens up the remaining skin. Embarassed
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
i udnerstand a face lift doesnt improve the skin itself, but the end result, a tighter less wrinkled appearance is achieved, and usually the ultimate goal beforehand

i cant believe im considering the purchase of this actually, but i do have excema that has plagued me for a littler over a year now and nothing has helped rid me of it

plus could help with some slight scars i have
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I've never heard of photofacials having results last up to 5 years. EVERY esthetician I have ever talked to says you have to have one once a year to maintain results AFTER the full package of 5-6. Now after the full treatment of fraxel, I have been told by a plastic surgeon buddy of mine that the results can last from 3-5 years. But those treatments start at a thousand and up per full face treatment. It may be what you want to consider if you want something that involves less maintenance. And I have considered fraxel for myself and might pursue it in the future, but for right now I am happy with my results.
As far as permanent results from the baby Q, i'll get back to you in 30 years. Laughing
I think if you are over-reaching in the expectation department, any positive results however small, might be overlooked.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I am looking around to have it done and it starts are around $1000. Is there something you find you like best? How does the baby questar rate up to that?
Thank you,
J Cool
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on what results you are wanting. Fraxel and IPL's are really for very differant results. Fraxel is more for lines, more weathered sun-damaged skin & the photofacial is more vascular: rosacea, red spots, etc. The baby Q does more plumping, firming, smoothing BUT I have had 6 ipl's done now. So this is more maintenance, product absorbtion, and smoothing for me. Everyone is going to have differant results based on their skin condition. Apples & Oranges is the best analagy I can think of to compare.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
this is so exciting! I'm so broke after finding this forum... I used to have stretch marks on my thighs but I got them lasered off, I wonder if this product would be good for stretch marks?
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
lonevoice and montrealgal,
I've been using the BQ for hyperpigmentation. I have dermal melasma and had already gotten rid of a lovely upper lip smudge (looked like hitler) by taking MSM. I've since developed a couple of smudges on the sides of my mouth that aren't that dark but are taking longer to clear up with the MSM. Currently I used Yonka 40 and 46 on it. I've implemented using a serum that my sister gave me from the Artistry line for hyperpigmentation before using the BQ. I'm happy to say that the smudges are almost gone. I can't say for sure what it is exactly, but I figure it's a combination of everything.

I've noticed a little bit of improvement on the freckles on my cheekbones. Overall I'm very pleased to be able to go out the door with just moisturizer and sunblock. Back in the day, I wouldn't leave the house without cle de peau concealer and would constantly be checking in the mirror. I'm also quite happy to not be constantly looking for a new miracle cream or serum.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - this is a question for all Canadian BQ uses.......how many days did it take for the BQ to arrive at this end? Wink

Thanks

Rashirosey

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Skinadict2,

You've been taking MSM as a supplement for your hyperpigmentation? I didn't know it was good for that! How many milligrams per day?

Thankyou...
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pocoloco
There's a lot of reports of people getting good results with MSM supplements over on thewww.skincarex.com forum if you want to read more. I'm planning to do it too.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Molly! For some reason your link goes to this location: http://skin-products.biz/?rid=807231
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Oops!. Here's the correct address
http://skincarerx.com/phorum/index.html
There are threads in the Melasma section.

I'll just mention - I keep dropping in hoping someone has eliminated spider veins with this baby Q. Any success on those?
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kia ora everyone,
I am very intested now on this handheld photorejuvenation device. Does it really work?
Will is work on acne scarring? I have alittle red scarring and pigmentation on my chin.
Also can us kiwis buy from amazon. Cause i would hate to buy a product and have it never arrive;)
Also do amazon show before and after photos.
I would love to hear about any success with this tool
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I've been reading this thread with a lot of interest!

I am 41, acne prone, and my skin is showing some clear signs of aging and sun damage. What bothers me the most are my droopy eyelids.

Is BQ designed to help with eyelids and has anybody had good results tightening their eye skin??

Thanks a lot!

Rubby

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I just pm'd Alex about using my BQ for it's healing abilities while my skin recovers from my 12.5% TCA peel. I'll report back with what he says since others may be interested in it as well.

Katee - Did your derm happen to mention anything about using it for something like that?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I had some bad spider veins on my inner ankle from an old tennis injury. I've been treating the area daily 4 minutes with the green light, 2 with the pulsing light. They're just about gone !!!

N.B TAMgirl99 - never discussed that with her. She did tell me to use it on a new scar though. It's flattened out and close to gone, but I don't know if that's just a result of normal healing or if it the healing was accelerated by the BQ...
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skin adict2 - that is great to hear about the MSM! How long did it take for you to see results?

Molly, thanks for the link! I'm planning to try the MSM too.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
wow! I didn't know that msm was good for that either Exclamation I purchased a bottle of it recently for hair growth purposes, but I haven't started taking it yet. I heard that it absorbs much better if you take it with a vitamin c suppliment or with foods containing vitamin c.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I had some bad spider veins on my inner ankle from an old tennis injury. I've been treating the area daily 4 minutes with the green light, 2 with the pulsing light. They're just about gone !!!

Good News Smile Thanks Katee
It's actually my legs I'm aiming at because I've got a bad hereditory thing spiralling out of control there suddenly this year and that's too big an area to have treated professionally.
I've got one on my nose too which gets on my nerves. Anyone else had any success?
TIA Molly Cool
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Confused What's MSM? Sorry to be a dope. Confused
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce - it's a nutrient apparently. If you go to the link Molly gave above, there's info for MSM newbies Smile

So, I just popped over to the link and I am going to have to think twice about taking the MSM -- apparently side effects some people have had include hair loss and yeast infections!

Skin adict2 and anyone else using the BQ for hyperpigmentation, would you please keep us posted on your results?
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Cesce, I've found MSM in Holland & Barrett in the UK - can't remember how much I paid for it but I think it was pretty cheap. Since then it's just languished in the cupboard though so I can't speak for any results Embarassed .

Hey, did your Baby Quasar arrive yet - how is it if so?
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I took Glucosamine Chondroiton with MSM for a few months. I did not notice any pigmentation difference - but then I did not know it would help with pigmentation and I was therefore not looking for it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |