Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kakarot
5% products discount

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Are actually lots of people actually having good results?

Or is it just a few here consistently praising this product.

makes me wonder if a few people here are just shills for the product/company.

I remain skeptical based on this thread thus far and a little suspicious.
Kakarot
5% products discount

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote

Kakarot
5% products discount

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote

fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Really, I doubt any one of us is shilling, just slow to see progress/results. After all it's been barely 2 months since most of us have receivedor even heard of the baby quasar here. I received mine barely 3 weeks ago and although I had extremely high expectations of it due to the raves, I've now come to terms with the fact that like most products meant for home use, it will take more than a few weeks to see visible results. Then again, I'm very performance-oriented and perhaps couldn't notice the results because they were too minimum. Also, I have no sagging issues, only hoping to eliminate fine lines and pore size. Who knows, maybe by using this for the next one year, I'm actually preventing one year of actual aging? That's what I'm hoping for anyhow. I've used it no less than 8 or 9 times in the past 2 weeks and am very dedicated in using it for a whole 40mins each session so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Which is why I haven't posted any reviews because results have been very minimum at best yet I have a gut feeling that tells me I haven't realised the full potential of the baby q since it's only been a few short weeks. I will definitely give it a review in another 4 weeks whether positive, or neutral (nothing bad ever happens to my skin no matter what products I use, ha!). So hang on tight all you anxious ones. Bad Grin I too once obsessed about this product and would return to this thread 3x a day to see if there are any new news on it. Now that I have it, the excitement has somewhat abated (as with most things in my life); I just feel really virtous each time I use it, like I'm doing something fabulous for my skin. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Really, I doubt any one of us is shilling, just slow to see progress/results. After all it's been barely 2 months since most of us have receivedor even heard of the baby quasar here. I received mine barely 3 weeks ago and although I had extremely high expectations of it due to the raves, I've now come to terms with the fact that like most products meant for home use, it will take more than a few weeks to see visible results. Then again, I'm very performance-oriented and perhaps couldn't notice the results because they were too minimum. Also, I have no sagging issues, only hoping to eliminate fine lines and pore size. Who knows, maybe by using this for the next one year, I'm actually preventing one year of actual aging? That's what I'm hoping for anyhow. I've used it no less than 8 or 9 times in the past 2 weeks and am very dedicated in using it for a whole 40mins each session so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Which is why I haven't posted any reviews because results have been very minimum at best yet I have a gut feeling that tells me I haven't realised the full potential of the baby q since it's only been a few short weeks. I will definitely give it a review in another 4 weeks whether positive, or neutral (nothing bad ever happens to my skin no matter what products I use, ha!). So hang on tight all you anxious ones. Bad Grin I too once obsessed about this product and would return to this thread 3x a day to see if there are any new news on it. Now that I have it, the excitement has somewhat abated (as with most things in my life); I just feel really virtous each time I use it, like I'm doing something fabulous for my skin. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi

has anyone heard from Alex recently. I bought this device off ebay a couple weeks ago and have emailed Alex a few times but have still not had any reply - or received the Baby Q yet

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:58 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
Hi

has anyone heard from Alex recently. I bought this device off ebay a couple weeks ago and have emailed Alex a few times but have still not had any reply - or received the Baby Q yet

I sent Alex a pm several days ago now as there were some questions I wanted to have answered before I went ahead and purchased the Baby Q, but I haven't had any response from him (and I know he picked up the pm as it's in my sentbox now). Shame, as that kind of thing does tend to put me off purchasing even when the product looks fab. Hope yours arrives soon!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Kakarot-I don't shill for anyone, don't have to. I paid full price for this baby, no kickbacks or grattis, so lets stop with that slanderous rhetoric. I only post reults to help give others feedback and make their own mature decisions and because people ASK. I have also posted my own concerns/doubts. I am always looking for instantaneous results, which are few to the naked eye. But I also am SMART enough to know that with this type of product most of the results are future/long term and I will have to just be PATIENT and silence my own inner nagging skeptics. My hubby is the bigger fan and he only uses it about once every 2-3 weeks. He won't let me return it and he is a much bigger skeptic on all my beauty splurges, believe me. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Well, kind of being accused of shilling got me here.. I can understand your feelings, but at the same time, no one HAS to report back, specially if they feel they have nothing to report... Or even report back, period... Reviews are made, IMO, out of the goodness of people.. Accussing them/us of 'shilling' is a low blow... We all paid full price, and took the plunge for ourselves, NOT for you or anyone else.. So be patient, if you're not willing to try it yourself...

I'm sorry, but I've had a lot of things happen in my life, and because of that, I haven't felt that posting was priority... I've also not been as good about using the baby Q, as I started out... The times I did use it on a regular basis, and the few times since, I can say, yes, I've seen a difference.. No, it's no over night fix for anything, but I can tell there is something happening.. My daughter told me a few days ago she can see changes.. And I didn't even ask! My 'concentration line', between my eyes, has faded quite a bit, as have my forehead lines.. I also had a large {to me anyway} sun spot on my cheak that is almost gone..

I've just concentrated on my face, but hope soon to be able to get to my neck and chest and hands, where I have some smalll issues...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Bravo Kiki and AnnieR! I feel sad when people are so paranoid as to think full fledged, long time members of this forum would stoop to pushing a product. Your posts have always been fair and certainly not outrageously proclaiming unbelievable outcomes. I rec'd my BQ 2 days ago and have used it twice, I do see those immediate softening, plumping effects and I beleive it will be a long term process that one must be devoted to. When someone starts posting about immediate fountains of youth I'll raise an eyebrow, but until then I look forward to your honest progress reports!
A

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kakarot - I hope my reservation about the BQ isn't what elicited your comment. Everyone has different skin types and issues, and while I may wonder if certain products will work for ME, I NEVER wonder if other long-term forum members are shills -- quite the opposite. I think your suspicion is unfounded, and if you bothered to do any searches, you'd see that BQ users on this thread also post about many other products and procedures as well.

People who take the time and trouble to post, especially in great detail, are invaluable members and are rendering the rest of us a huge service. The proliferation of products promising dramatic results is mind boggling, and there aren't many resources these days for honest feedback about the myriad of anti-aging skincare on the market. That's why this forum is golden.
petesunny

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
A shill? I wasn't even aware of the word till now. Other than being very busy, that shows why I have not written any reviews myself on the products I have tried from recomendations on this board.

That being said I have learned to trust the people here and the honest appraisals of products.

I have used the BQ 4 times now. As far as softness goes I noticed that the very next morning when I woke up and reached to rub my eyes and said "Hmm soft." I also noticed the "feeling" of tightness that has been mentioned. The plumping I can't say I noticed but I have been on medication for an injury.

NOW the GREAT thing for me has been My shoulder! I had just reinjured an old rotator-cuff injury. After reading the instruction in the manuel I decided to give it a try.

I noticed immediate relief at first. Then an hour later Shock much worse! Thought I might have made a mistake! I waited til next day and it seemed somewhat better so I gave it another go.
It has gotten better every day and I have not had to take pain meds because even though it is still tender I have NO PAIN Now, the first time I injured it I was in pain for weeks. So if you think I'll be giving up on it for my face you would be sadly mistaken.

I would like to thank all the great people here and I hope you don't take one persons insinuating comment to heart.

I love ya'll
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
shills? Kakarot, did you actually read through the posts???

i would like to thank everyone who's contributed to this thread and have no problems waiting for the more reviews til there's something actually to review.... (and, no, m.april, you didn't start it. you *know* everyone better.)

that said, petesunny, do tell me more about your shoulder -- please!!! as much as i'm lemming this for my face, i would do *anything* to get off my pain meds. (if you don't feel like going in to detail in the thread, please PM me. i am now sooooooo interested! thank you)
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
petesunny reminded me, I planned on trying this on my hand.. The cushy part around the thumb mostly.. I have tendenitous {sp} I'll get right on that.. The pain is awful sometimes..

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
petesunny reminded me, I planned on trying this on my hand.. The cushy part around the thumb mostly.. I have tendenitous {sp} I'll get right on that.. The pain is awful sometimes..

please do and let me know! i have the whole kit and kaboodle to heal -- bones, tendons, ligaments, and muscles in my arm....
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kakarot wrote:

Obviously your new here, and you've just insulted alot of people as well. None of us has been paid to give reviews of anything on here. And had you read all threads, you'd know that, makes me want to ask, who do you work for?
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose,

I'll be sure to report, good or bad.. I'm soooo hoping for good! I may even try it on my lower back.. I've had awful problems there for quite a while now.. I'm sure being in 3 car wrecks over the years did me no good.. Then child birth {2 c-sections, which is what the Dr think is the main cause.. Cutting thru the muscle and weaking my back} I think I live on Aleve and an Rx muscle relaxor.. I hadn't thought about using it there...

I can't promise I'll get to this in the next couple days.. My parents are arriving this afternoon for a few days.. I want to get started on it tonight, but I'll just have to wait and see how bad my mother drains me... If you get my drift...LOL

MM..

you bring up a most interesting line of thought. Specially given what happened here, not long ago...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!

In case you are having any difficulty reaching me through the EDS Forums, please direct any questions or concerns about AdvanThera's light therapy device to us directly.

It has been difficult managing communication among different forums and outlets.

We do not want to "advertise" or comment on our products. We appreciate your support more than you can imagine.

Even if you don't have questions, and just want to call us up and chat about your experience, please do so!

Alex & James

Advanced Therapeutics
Alex@advanthera.com
JamesBressi@advanthera.com www.AdvanThera.com
(800) 944.1523
petesunny

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gals. Wasn't real sure how to go about it at first but after reading the manual I remembered that they had used something like this (running a flashing light) on me when I went thru physical rehab. the first time.

I then did a google on LED light therapy. Lots of info out there. There is one forum that they use a similar device for for treating plantar-fascia (sp)

Anyway.. I just used the orange flashing light
all over my shoulder in the same 4 min increments that they recomend for the face. After it seemed to help I started doing the full face routine on it. After all I do have skin there too. Laughing

There were a couple of days in the begining I used it 2 times a day. But I only used the orange light for the 2nd treatment.

I am extremely satisfied!! Even if it does nothing for my face (still holding out hope though Pray ) I will NOT be sending this baby back!!

I really want to thank all of you again. This place is sooo great! I sure hope this helps you.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
la vie en rose,

MM..

you bring up a most interesting line of thought. Specially given what happened here, not long ago...

knew everyone on here was bright Cool !!!
Twinkles

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
After reading this thread, I had to purchased the BQ! Has anyone tried using it to improve scars? I have a recent surgical scar and I used the BQ on it Wednesday. The next day I noticed the skin around the scar was a little pink, but not painful. Maybe that means it is working Very Happy I've only used it once on my face, so I don't have anything to report yet.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Twinkles, welcome to the boards..

I can't say I've tried to for scars, but I do have one on my forehead.. I don't really see any changes, but then didn'tr think I would. It's OLD, as in I was around 5 maybe when I did it... I'm not even close to 5 anymore... Laughing

I also have these 2 tiny red spots that I've been hoping would fade.. Sometimes I 'think' one is, but then I decide it's not changed...

So, in conclusion, I'm of no help answering your question... Laughing Confused Sorry...

5% products discount

Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all BQ'ers and BQ would B'er,

My husband was away on business for two weeks and when he returned he asked me what I'd been doing to my skin. He said it looked "tighter, better than when he left." He said he saw a big difference. By the way, he doesn't know about my BQ (I've had it a couple of months now). I also see a difference but I look at myself everyday. By him seeing a difference and mentioning it, I'm sure it's working on me because he usually doesn't pay that much attention to my skin. I'm very pleased with my results so far and I think it will be worth the investment in the long run. Pat
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Wanted to make sure posts are still showing up here. I couldn't find anything earlier.
hmmmm..... Confused
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
oops... it did show up Embarassed As Rosanna Rosanna Danna (Sat Nite Live) would say...nevermind
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |