Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello again, everyone. Just posting an update really: I've now used my Baby Q about 14 times - so still not up to the optimum number for definitive results. However, as I said previously, my patches of eczema are much better (and I would have paid twice the amount for that alone). My sixteen year old son has been using it on his growth stretch marks and tells me it has made a big difference (he won't show me, though: I haven't seen more than his face, hands and feet since he was 12 Laughing ). I'll post some after photos when I get to about 20 treatments and you can all judge for yourselves. I have to say, though, that I just looked again at my 'befores' a few pages ago and I think the lines above my lip have diminished. I think perhaps I don't see it so much myself because I see myself every day - the same as when you notice a child has grown when you haven't seen them for months. Anyway - no huge difference as yet that I can see. BUT - even if it only has a preventative effect for me for the years to come, I would be more than happy with that.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks AnnieR. And congratlations on your skin! The clarisonic has done a LOT for my complexion, I'm thrilled with it.

Cesce just made a good point about the BabyQ being preventative... I'm shocked to have to say that I'm 47 now... *gulp* and if I could achieve stasis for a few years, instead of continuing on the path of gradual ageing, I'd be thinking this devce was a real bargain.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I think preventative may be the key to looking at this thing as a rationale. I can see things that it is helping with now and am happy with the results of that and they are good enough for me. But who knows what it can prevent from happening to your skin further down the road. That might help persuade more people who are sitting on the fence!! Laughing

5% products discount

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I am one of the ladies on the fence with this. I think I will give in to the temptation. I was wondering though has anyone over the age of 55 used this?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
There's a photo rejuvenation device called Light Stim, which I cant link to - due to being a new member.

I wonder if anyone would be able to tell me if Baby Q is better because it's more powerful?

LightStim is only £200... so I guess it must be quite a lot weaker... I see other member shave been asking about other types of similar device.

What is the optimum spec for a device such as this?[/list]
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Well here's an update on my BQ use... I'm using it fairly diligently every night on the sore spots on both knees, about 20 minutes on the "high" frequency and this is the ONLY time the tendonitis has more or less completely subsided since May. I've iced, used heat, done chiropractic, ultrasonic, e-stim, anti-inflammatories, wrapped them, rested them...but the BQ gets "rave" reviews from me on this perspective. I'm back to using the treadmill and more or less working out at the same rate as before, without pain, maybe a little stiffness afterwards, but that's all. When I'm reading, I just rest the wand where I want it to be, prop it up, and set the timer. Simple!

I use it on my face, neck & upper chest (were I French, I'd say decollete) every other night. Prior to the BQ I cleanse, then layer on whatever potions I am currently using, esp put a good coat of HA all over my lips. I've been regularly using it for maybe 4 weeks. I'd say my naso-labial lines are less noticeable, and my lips DO look a little fuller, but I've also been taking a nightly capsule of HA too. In fact yesterday I was at my dermatologists's office and I asked about Restylane for a touch of lip enhancement. He looked at my lips and pronounced them "very nice."

That's it, so far!

As far as the cost one person inquired about, and comparing it to other units. From what I've seen on the internet, the Clarisonic, Dermawand and that facial exercising unit (I have one...blanking on the name tho) are either cleansing/hydrating or muscle-exercising devices. The BQ's lights and sequencing are aimed to stimulate new cell growth and circulation. So those are kind of comparing apples & oranges.

In terms of "was it worth it." It's hard to put a price on not having painful knees any more, but I'd say "yes" since that's where I have definitely seen rather rapid change.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Well, a quick update from me. I've been using the BQ every night or every other night for the last week (had it for a few months). I now do a quick spritz of O2 spray prior to using the unit and my skin is looking beautiful!

Of course, this is just one tool in my arsenal of reverse-the-clock attack but I am a very happy customer. I am diligently working on eradicating my broken caps - not too many - I have befores and will post comparison pics when they are gone.

Smile Happy lighting.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy hi,i am new to this site. could any one tell me if you've notice an increase in firmness and/or lifting with the bq . i also have a question about lightstim. anyone have used it, the before/after photos on their website are quite impressive. inputs please,i don't know what to get. thanks. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
1. When I'm reading, I just rest the wand where I want it to be, prop it up, and set the timer. Simple!

2.As far as the cost one person inquired about, and comparing it to other units. From what I've seen on the internet, the Clarisonic, Dermawand and that facial exercising unit (I have one...blanking on the name tho) are either cleansing/hydrating or muscle-exercising devices. The BQ's lights and sequencing are aimed to stimulate new cell growth and circulation. So those are kind of comparing apples & oranges. rather rapid

Is it possible to do the face in this 'hands off' way?
Just to clarify: dermawand results are temporary and wear off when you stop using the derma wand, whereas the BabyQ affects the skin on a longer term or permanentt basis, is that right?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I do think it provides some lifting and firming. I use the HA on my skin before i use it. I think the results are cumulative and last longer each time you use it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, all!
Well, I finished my Gentle Waves 10 treatments then promptly ordered my Baby Quasar via Ebay
For anyone who has recently ordered or received it-you may have had similar questions about the instructions as I did - the light indicators on top of the device seemed all backwards to me - I called Advantera & spoke with James - very, very helpful & got immediate answers to my questions with a followup email which I will post below - but the main thing is that I, too, had thought I'd likely use it daily or every other day, but after reading the email from James - I will hold off & use it more like I'd received the treatments in the salon - every 3-4 days with great results!
Here's a copy of the email:

"Treating Anti-aging (Baby Quasar)
Daily Treatments (recommended)
Hyaluronic Serum
Please use the Hyaluronic Acid once a day
Do not use perform light treatments any closer than recommended below, which is between every 4-5 days. If you treat every 6-8, that is o.k. too. If you are performing the below technique, you are allowing almost the same amount of power and light into the skin as the professional devices. The only difference is the length of time necessary to achieve this, because the Baby's head is smaller.

Light Treatments (between 4-5 days - 6-8 days are recommended)
First 2 or 3 Light Treatments
These treatments, you will apply the Hyaluronic Acid immediately before treating. Do not over saturate the face, but definitely achieve an even balance of moisture and coverage
There are three modes on the Baby Quasar.
1. Continuous Wave (Green LED) - The highest power setting (1st click)
2. Low Frequency (Orangish LED) - The lowers power setting (2nd click)
3. High Frequency (Red LED) - The middle power setting (3rd click)
* Remember, the wand, when told to move, should never be lifted from the skin
* Also, the recommendation below is based on feedback of best results. Do not "over treat" or just start treating the skin on high settings.
* Look at the instruction manual on how the face is broken into 6 sections

First Pass
Take the head of the wand and start in Section 1 of the face (left forehead)
We are going to begin on the second mode (pulsing mode)
Each section will break down to "mini" sections. Following the below technique, you will notice that going in a "wave" direction, you will have a total of approximately 4 "mini" sections
- The total Section 1 should be treated for 4 minutes
- Start between the brows or slightly to the left
- Starting from between the brow, keep the head on the area for about 20 seconds (without moving)
- Going in a straight line from the brow to the hair line, now move the bottom of the wand to where the middle of the wand was
- Stay there for 20 seconds
- Again, in a straight line, move to the top of the forehead and the hairline. The bottom of the head should be approximately where the top of the head was when beginning
- Stay there for 20 seconds
"Mini" section 1 is complete
- Now you are going to move to "mini" section 2.
- Moving the wand further to the left, you will be overlapping from the first "mini" section you just did
- The right side of the wand should be in the middle of where the wand just was at the top of your forehead
You are now going to repeat the same steps as above, moving down
Then, you will move to the left again, and repeat

You are going to repeat this practice on your entire face for each section and "mini" section.
*Remember:
- You stay in place for about 20 seconds before moving the wand, and there should always be overlapping
- You should never be lifting the wand from the skin
- You don't have to sit there and count, but keep a clock with 3 hands near you to kind of keep track

Second Pass
Now that the first pass over your face is complete, we are going to move on to the second pass for the treatment
You are going to be following the same technique as described above, but you are now going to use the third mode (high frequency)
It is up to you on the second pass if you want to treat each section for 2 minutes or 4 minutes.
- If you choose 4 minutes, you stay in place for 20 seconds
- If you choose 2 minutes, you stay in place for 10 seconds

Concentrating On Specific Areas
Now that you have completed both passes, it is time to concentrate on the problem areas you are treating.
We are now going to use the first mode, Continuous wave frequency.
- If you are treating lines on the forehead that may cover from one side to the next, treat each line for about 2 minutes. Treating each concentrated spot for about 10 seconds.
- If you are treating lines from the nostril to the conjoining part of the lips, treat each line for about a minute. Treating each concentrated spot for about 10 seconds.
- If you are treating age or sun spots, keep the concentration on the spots for about 20-30 seconds each.
- If you are treating the lower eye lid, treat each concentrated spot for about 10 seconds

Next 3 up to 6 Light Treatments
There are two changes here. One is begin using the Hyperpigmentation cream. Again, apply the Hyperpigmentation cream immediately before treating. Do not over saturate the face, but definitely achieve an even balance of moisture and coverage.
Second, you are now going to do the first pass on the face using the High Frequency (third mode) and the second pass on Continuous Wave (first mode)
- Sometimes you may want to reapply the Hyperpigmentation cream when concentrating on specific areas, ONLY to the areas that you are concentrating on. Do not apply much, as most of it should have been retained from the initial application. Too much could possibly hinder results."
[/quote][/quote]

Hope all the newbies find this helpful as well as anyone on the fence about buying.
But if the results continue to deliver the wonderful firming & clearer skintones that I've gotten from Gentle Waves - this is well worth the price!
Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Maria, thanks for posting the email! Gosh, I have been doing some crazy stuff with my BQ....LOL. Hope I haven't damaged my skin in anyway!

5% products discount

Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I am specifically interested in treating redness, red capillaries and age spots. What's the verdict on using the BQ for these issues??? TIA
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Catski,
I don't know if you could use the BQ on your face while propping it on something. I suppose you could but since I move it every 20 seconds or so you'd be handling it pretty regularly, anyway.

The Source Naturals HA serum that they send with the BQ is very very sticky & potent; after a few months it made me break out so I stopped using it. If I'm using SkinBio CP's or some other product I just cleanse, layer on whatever I'm using but I do use CP and the HA serum on my lips (that DOES seem effective for plumping). I do also use that HA on my neck.

From what I know, the BQ increases circulation and collagen production but I doubt if you could use it for a few months and have increased collagen production the rest of your life. I think it's an ongoing process of upkeep, just like exercise.
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Maria, thanks for the reprint of that email. Those instructions are a lot more specific than the instructions that came with my Baby Q. Especially the recommendations on moving the wand. My instructions say to move it slowly: "about 1 inch every 8 seconds". The instructions you have seem to me to be easier to do. Also, I've been doing every other day: perhaps I should ease off. Thanks again.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Well here's an update on my BQ use... I'm using it fairly diligently every night on the sore spots on both knees, about 20 minutes on the "high" frequency and this is the ONLY time the tendonitis has more or less completely subsided since May. I've iced, used heat, done chiropractic, ultrasonic, e-stim, anti-inflammatories, wrapped them, rested them...but the BQ gets "rave" reviews from me on this perspective. I'm back to using the treadmill and more or less working out at the same rate as before, without pain, maybe a little stiffness afterwards, but that's all. When I'm reading, I just rest the wand where I want it to be, prop it up, and set the timer. Simple!

In terms of "was it worth it." It's hard to put a price on not having painful knees any more, but I'd say "yes" since that's where I have definitely seen rather rapid change.

thank you *so* much for this update! whilst the beauty benefits of the BQ are tempting alone, i'm afraid my life is still ruled right now by trying to rid myself of pain.... my only worry is if there is a problem in interaction with the BQ and metal. does anybody know??? i have 15-17 steel screwa (though the longest one will be removed within a month -- hallelujah!), 2 rods, threads, and 2 large (possibly titanium) plates....
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I wonder does anyone know the disadvantages to using it more frequently? From what I have read throughout this thread (I know Katee uses it frequently and a shorter, more intense process to save time), no problems have been reported.

Could it be that it will cause over drying or something else along that line? I'm just curious because I'd imagine that for the uses of painful knees, for example, it wouldn't hurt to use frequently. Perhaps, the face is more susceptible to a side effect or not really sustaining any benefit. Ding, ding. I believe that may be the reason...the skin needs time to recover and show progress from the treatments rather than constant bombardment.

I can note that the broken caps around my nose are diminishing noticably and have been taking pictures so will post comparisons in a month, I hope. Since I'm seeing progress, it's hard to have to reign myself in but I will!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I tried using the green setting on an everyday basis for one week and my skin did dry out, so I went back to the full routine and every 2-3 days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Okay, an update after my conversation with James at Advanced Therapeutics. We discussed my routine and experience in great detail and came to a few conclusions.

The first of which is that for my skin type (thick, very oily naturally, prone to congestion and breakouts), it is acceptable to use the device in a manner and schedule similar to what Katee does (who has thicker skin, as well). Basically, for those that may not remember, we are using the continuous setting for our entire face rather than switching between the orange or red. It is important to note that when I use the continuous (green) setting, the time I spend is approximate to about 16-20 minutes per day.

If you compare that to following the process as outlined by James (above) for a recommended outline, you can see that the time allotted would be more like 45 minutes. Considering this would be done every 3-4 days, if you balance out the average, the amount of time applying the light works out to about the same in both instances. However, for ladies with combo to dry skin, if you try to follow the "aggressive" schedule, you will probably experience dryness as has been noted by AnnieR and others. The following are key items of interest to note:

a) You are not going to "hurt" yourself using the unit more often

b) If you "overuse" the device - say 30 minutes to an hour each day, then you will basically be overworking your skin. It doesn't hurt you but it doesn't gain a single benefit. It is akin to working the same group of muscles out for a week straight; you will begin to experience less impact than if you had given the muscles a break and worked other ones instead. Remember, it's the amount of time you are applying the light that is important.

c) Device usage should be individualized; you are not necessarily going to get exactly the same results as someone else. This is due to a variety of factors: diet, skin care regime (products you are using), skin type, heritage, etc. and should be taken into consideration.

d) Do not pick up the head to move it around but instead slide it over your skin to the next place. Don't forget to make sure you are leaving it on each area long enough.

I believe that $400 is a steal for this in-home technology and with regular, consistent use, a very important part of anyone's tool kit for maintaining good skin/anti-aging. Like everything else, it requires diligence but is no different than following a fitness or eating plan. I consider it one of my "utensils"! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info and clarification Scalawaggirl. That was basically what they had told me. I use it according to how much time I have/want to devote to it and when it fits in with my schedule. I don't want to feel tied down to the device and any other beauty/fitness routines more than I have to as I have enough emotional vampires that feed on my time a daily basis. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Thanks for the info and clarification Scalawaggirl. That was basically what they had told me. I use it according to how much time I have/want to devote to it and when it fits in with my schedule. I don't want to feel tied down to the device and any other beauty/fitness routines more than I have to as I have enough emotional vampires that feed on my time a daily basis. Laughing

Emotional vampires! OMG, I love it! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sacallawaggirl-don't you feel like you have those? I'll bet everyone can name a few in their life. Some more than others. (At least it's not my in-laws!!!)Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
for those that saw my post(s) about painful joints and metal in the body that may be interested in this device for the same reasons (like i said before, beauty is a bonus at this point), here is most of the response i got from James:

I saw your post about your concern using the AdvanThera BQ for your pain, while having the metal screws and such.

Someone close to home, my mother, has had two knee replacements. Her body has not taken well to the replacements leaving her in pain and with a intense amount of swelling. Also, because of not walking properly, she has acute pain in her hip. She, as well, has screws, a rod, and I believe a plate in her leg.

I introduced her to our professional Quasar SP red/infrared light to assist in reducing swelling and relieve pain in some way. She too had the same EXACT concern as you.

Her first week using the light was amazing and showed me much faith in the use of Red/Infrared light to bring pain relief and reducing swelling. Just like clincal studies have cited.

The acute pain in her hip went away, and she still repeats the treatment on her hip once every couple days. Since her knee is chronic, she uses mostly every day, and in the beginning more than once a day, to bring a better range of motion, reduce swelling and pain.

Her intake of the horrid pain killer like Vicadin is almost none, and the swelling reduced about 20%.

Not a cure, but a much better and effective alternative to pain killer, relaxers, or physical therapy alone.

You may share this with the board if you please, as it will probably address others questions on the same topic.

i've been going back and forth about whether i could justify spending the money, but this just put me over the edge. i greatly appreciate the customer support and the fact that he does not claim it is a miracle cure, but that it does eleviate the pain and swelling -- possibly to the point of getting off painkillers (which *are* wreaking havoc with my skin, body, and emotions), well, i'm ready to give it a go.

i can't afford the higher end machine (hospital and rehab bills), but will test it with the BQ. i will keep everyone updated on that end. i'm in france, though, so will have to wait a bit longer to get my macine. still, if it ends up working for me, i believe that it could work for anyone with chronic and/or post-sugical pain. it will also be fascinating to see how it works on the scar which, while much improved, is still quite red and angry due to the constant motion of the arm. and i will have a new incision (and pain point) to test it on when they remove that damned long screw (currently poking up the skin on the inner elbow).
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
hi la vie en rose.

I see you are in France. I'm in the Uk, which is why I've been looking to see if a product exists in Europe that is more or less the same as this one.

I found the LightStim, which you can see at the allergymatters website.

I'm trying to find out the exact spec of it to see how it compares with the BabyQ.

Have a look at and see what you think? I'd be glad of your thoughts. ( and anyone's!)
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone posting. I'm impressed with all the positive feedback on the BQ & pro-Q. I'm confident but it will be a hard sell to my mom, with a variety of pains, using some sort of narcotic every 4 hous. Just thinking I best get some advice from her doc before attempting. I'm wondering if withdrawal from the drugs will need to be monitored somehow? Any doctors in the house? TIA
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |