Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
2266cindy
5% products discount

Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy hi,everyone. did anyone ask alex about the regular quasar ? i was wondering if it 's better than bq ,because may be it penetrates deeper. i check adv therapeutics site and most of the spas'reviews are for the big quasar. may be alex will sell it for a little less. does any one knows the difference? if y have bq ,do u need say nuface or dermawand for tightenning the muscles. thanks cindy Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
2266cindy wrote:
Very Happy hi,everyone. did anyone ask alex about the regular quasar ? i was wondering if it 's better than bq ,because may be it penetrates deeper. i check adv therapeutics site and most of the spas'reviews are for the big quasar. may be alex will sell it for a little less. does any one knows the difference? if y have bq ,do u need say nuface or dermawand for tightenning the muscles. thanks cindy Razz

The only difference is the size of the head of the unit. It covers a larger area and so takes less time to do a treatment. That's it. All the technology is exactly the same as are the benefits.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Sacallawaggirl-don't you feel like you have those? I'll bet everyone can name a few in their life. Some more than others. (At least it's not my in-laws!!!)Laughing

Yes, oh yes. However, I've sliced the cords to most of them, thankfully. The down side to that is that I'm mostly alone! Ha! That's due to my living on the east coast for work but I do know exactly what you mean. Sheesh! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
2266 Cindy- I remember reading that the full size Quasar is def. more powerful. The Baby was more for frequent use/maintenance if I recall right and better portability as in the table top. The main difference between to the two being you just had to use the Baby Q more frequently. Someone can correct me if I am mistaken.
Scalawaggirl-I've tried to cut those cords too but I recently found out after he went to college that my son's umbilical cord was left on at birth and now it is a bungee. I am within a 30 mile radius (my huge mistake) and no long distance and it stretches just fine.Laughing
No, kidding aside, he's not that bad. Just some days it all adds up when you run a business at home. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:41 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I see you are in France. I'm in the Uk, which is why I've been looking to see if a product exists in Europe that is more or less the same as this one.

I found the LightStim, which you can see at the allergymatters website.

i can't really comment about the LightStim, but i do know that when i'm spnding this kind of money i want to *know* that i'm getting support if needed and that the product works (as illustrated by the 24+ pages on this thread). i've made one too many purchases of things in my life that i thought was the real deal and wasn't to want to take the risk again. i end up spending more money correcting the mistake.... mind you, i'm not trashing the LightStim. it may be wonderful, it may be the same, or it may be better -- it's just that i simply don't know. nor have i found any product here (not saying that they don't exist though) to compete with it. since Advanced Therapeutics ships internationally daily for a reasonable price and has the proper converters, i just can't come up with a reason not to get the BQ. (okay, other than the fact that i'm about to spend an enormous amount of money joining one of the few gyms here that have spinning classes Laughing so i can get my body back into shape!)

BTW, thanks for the site nonetheless. a HEPA filter is on my list of things i need to buy....
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the shipping to Europe is only $25 - but I'm not sure what the tax on arrival will be.

Has anyone know here paid it, and could pass on the info?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
An update w/pics, as promised, in this thread. I am totally psyched w/what I feel the Baby Q has done for my skin tone and helped w/hyperpigmentation. Still working on the broken caps but feel they may take a longer time. Hope this gives positive vibes on the Baby Q:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16867&highlight=

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl-do you think it has actually helped with any broken caps? I'm not sure I have seen any changes yet in that department after several months of dedicated use. But then I have had 6 IPL's before I started the Baby Q and the results are immediate with them. I am more into the instant gratification I guess as far as being able to tell! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Scalawaggirl-do you think it has actually helped with any broken caps? I'm not sure I have seen any changes yet in that department after several months of dedicated use. But then I have had 6 IPL's before I started the Baby Q and the results are immediate with them. I am more into the instant gratification I guess as far as being able to tell! Laughing

Yes, I do definitely think it's helping but will take much diligent work. I use the continuous green for these guys and really focus the light on them. They are lighter than before and the overall redness is diminished, as well.

Katee has also worked on them with the Baby Q and has reported success so I am going to continue with my work on it and soon, hopefully, soon, will have a totally creamy complexion! Well, atleast between my marked scar treatment sessions. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Okay does anyone know if using an extension cord can diminish the light or wattage output? That may seem like a silly question but I would like to plug my Baby Q into one but my hubby says sometimes it can change the electrical output (or however he says it in much more technical terms that I just seem to tune out). He is a Real Estate Inspector and has been for 20+ years but this is new ground when it comes to a device like this. I thought maybe Alex could answer this or anyone who has tried it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
You can tell your hubby you have nothing to be concerned about. The voltage for the Baby Q is regulated within the power block. We mad add this to our FAQ section of our newly launched websitewww.AdvanThera.com. BTW, if you have any feedback questions or comments please let us know.

Make it a great day,

Alex
Advanced Therapeutics www.AdvanThera.com

AnnieR wrote:
Okay does anyone know if using an extension cord can diminish the light or wattage output? That may seem like a silly question but I would like to plug my Baby Q into one but my hubby says sometimes it can change the electrical output (or however he says it in much more technical terms that I just seem to tune out). He is a Real Estate Inspector and has been for 20+ years but this is new ground when it comes to a device like this. I thought maybe Alex could answer this or anyone who has tried it.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Alex, do you have any feedback about the costs of tax on arrival, for UK / europe purchasers, please.
lonevoice
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Advanced Therapeutics wrote:
BTW, if you have any feedback questions or comments please let us know.

Hello, Alex. I've been using the BQ regularly (almost 2 months now) and according to the treatment protocol in the user's manual.

I'm concerned, and a little disturbed, that the treatment protocol recommended by James to maria51va is extremely different from the recomended protocol in the user's manual that comes with the BQ. The biggest difference being that James says 6-8 days between treatments is recommended, whereas the manual says every other day is recommended. That's quite a difference!

I would really appreciate it if you would address these discrepancies. If the user's manual is that far wrong, it would be really important for me and others to know. Thank you in advance for addressing these concerns.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
lonevoice..

I saw that as well, and was wondering the same thing.. What I'm wondering is if the instructions given to marie51va, were for the pro model.. I have the manual for that, and also in reading about it on the site, along with hearing what people have said about their spa treatments, that's the time frame for a professional treatment..

That's my take on it anyway.. A confusion in which devise being talked about...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Lonevoice, if you have a specific question for the people who make and market the device, I suggest you contact them directly or pm Alex or James. I don't think turning the thread into a Q & A for company reps is a great idea, although I'm happy that they participate.
lonevoice
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, kiki and katee for your replies. I will definitely check directly with Advanced Thera as well. It just seemed to me that this is a question everyone who's using the BQ might want to have answered. I've been pleased with the results I'm getting with the BQ, but sure don't want to be wasting extra time doing too-frequent treatments, and I certainly don't want to be impeding my results by overuse.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
lonevoice wrote:
Thank you, kiki and katee for your replies. I will definitely check directly with Advanced Thera as well. It just seemed to me that this is a question everyone who's using the BQ might want to have answered. I've been pleased with the results I'm getting with the BQ, but sure don't want to be wasting extra time doing too-frequent treatments, and I certainly don't want to be impeding my results by overuse.

Hi, if you read back a page on this thread, you will see an update I posted about my conversation w/James and treatment times. Also, in Maria's post, the rec was every 3-4 days not 6-8.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, scalawaggirl. I love your username. I just re-read James' email to Maria that she posted on the previous page in regards to frequency of use. Copied below:
Quote:
Light Treatments (between 4-5 days - 6-8 days are recommended)

I took this to mean that you can use the BQ every 4-5 days, though every 6-8 days is what he recommends, unlike the manual which recommends every other day.

If I understood your response from James, it seemed that it was more specific to using the more aggressive Continuous Wave mode only, as opposed to the sequencing of modes? At least we do know, from James' reply to you, that using it more frequently is not harmful. Though, I was confused by the part where you said, "It doesn't hurt you but it doesn't gain a single benefit. It is akin to working the same group of muscles out for a week straight; you will begin to experience less impact..." I took that to mean that, while it can't hurt you to use it more frequently, you will experience less results than you would with less frequency. Am I misunderstanding that?

I re-checked the user's manual and this is what it says about frequency:
"The treatment instructions that follow are based on a treatment every other day protocol". I'm just confused about why the manual would instruct that it be used that way if, in fact, the manufacturer says that is too frequent and may actually produce less optimal results than more infrequent use would.

Honestly, ladies, I didn't intend to stir up any controversy! I've completed 25 BQ treatments using it every other day per the manual, and I'm pleased with the results. But, if I could achieve even better results by using it less frequently? I'd sure like to know that.

I'll just wait to hear back from Advanced Therapeutics rather than cause anymore problems in this thread. I'm really sorry for the thread highjack.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
lonevoice wrote:
Hi, scalawaggirl. I love your username. I just re-read James' email to Maria that she posted on the previous page in regards to frequency of use. Copied below:
Quote:
Light Treatments (between 4-5 days - 6-8 days are recommended)

I took this to mean that you can use the BQ every 4-5 days, though every 6-8 days is what he recommends, unlike the manual which recommends every other day.

If I understood your response from James, it seemed that it was more specific to using the more aggressive Continuous Wave mode only, as opposed to the sequencing of modes? At least we do know, from James' reply to you, that using it more frequently is not harmful. Though, I was confused by the part where you said, "It doesn't hurt you but it doesn't gain a single benefit. It is akin to working the same group of muscles out for a week straight; you will begin to experience less impact..." I took that to mean that, while it can't hurt you to use it more frequently, you will experience less results than you would with less frequency. Am I misunderstanding that?

I re-checked the user's manual and this is what it says about frequency:
"The treatment instructions that follow are based on a treatment every other day protocol". I'm just confused about why the manual would instruct that it be used that way if, in fact, the manufacturer says that is too frequent and may actually produce less optimal results than more infrequent use would.

Honestly, ladies, I didn't intend to stir up any controversy! I've completed 25 BQ treatments using it every other day per the manual, and I'm pleased with the results. But, if I could achieve even better results by using it less frequently? I'd sure like to know that.

I'll just wait to hear back from Advanced Therapeutics rather than cause anymore problems in this thread. I'm really sorry for the thread highjack.

Thanks re: my screen name, it's an odd one, I'll admit. Smile You understood pefectly regarding the muscle example. I also believe that the manual may be a bit outdated so I take James's information more to heart. You are doing fine with an every other day treatment and I'm glad to hear you are seeing benefits; it is the amount of time spent (regardless of light sequencing though the orange and red light settings are less intense so the treatment application is varied).

So, as an example, regardless of whether I use green, orange or red, if I do the procedure every day for only 20 minutes, it's akin to spending 40 minutes on it every other day. I am getting the same amount of light into my skin just breaking down the routine in a different way even though I use the green setting - that is due to my specific skin type (very oily and thick so I don't get dried out by the device). That was the main point I took from the discussion w/James. The discrepancy, I think, comes in regarding the light settings but it really boils down to time.

I do not think you will get better benefits by using it infrequently. You could imagine that if you didn't have time to do a session or multiples during the week, you could make up the work by one large session as described in James's reply to MariaV. At least that is how I think of it.

You didn't cause any controversy. I think that Katee was just trying to ensure that Alex and company are able to adhere to the forum rules while giving you advice on the best way to get things addressed. It is best to contact them directly and then, if something is relevent, post your findings for others to share. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lonevoice,

Thank you for bringing up your concerns. I would like to find out if James recommendation to Maria51 would give us the maximal benefits too. It actually requires to do two passses and will take 40 minutes to do each time and you just need to do it every 4 to 5 days. If from the trials and the experiences they have seen from users that it is the best and optimal results you can get, I will follow it too. I hope James or anyone in the AdvTher company can clarify that here, so we know what to follow. Again, thank you for raising your questions here.

Rose
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard anything from Alex or James???

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Uh oh, I've been using it every other day as instructed since I got it, which means I must have used it at least 28 times so far. I hope I'm not overdoing it. Confused Would sure love to know what's the best interval for optimum results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Kati I like your post about the BQ.
However, my expenses are limited and I found the Lightstim. I emailed Alex to see if he could tell me the difference between the comparisons of Lightstim and BQ.
Lightstim responded and said it basically is the same thing as BQ but with more lights 72 vs 24 on the BQ. The only thing they said is the main difference is BQ is Aluminum and the Lightstim is high quality plastic. And the pulsing has shown not to be work. So. I am still waiting to hear from Alex to see what he says. I want a LED Light, and if I have to pay more for the BQ, I will. But I want to have the best affects for me.
Does anyone know the results between the BQ and LightStim? or any other product out there?
Question
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Kati I like your post about the BQ.
However, my expenses are limited and I found the Lightstim. I emailed Alex to see if he could tell me the difference between the comparisons of Lightstim and BQ.
Lightstim responded and said it basically is the same thing as BQ but with more lights 72 vs 24 on the BQ. The only thing they said is the main difference is BQ is Aluminum and the Lightstim is high quality plastic. And the pulsing has shown not to be work. So. I am still waiting to hear from Alex to see what he says. I want a LED Light, and if I have to pay more for the BQ, I will. But I want to have the best affects for me.
Does anyone know the results between the BQ and LightStim? or any other product out there?
Question
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
fenn wrote:
Uh oh, I've been using it every other day as instructed since I got it, which means I must have used it at least 28 times so far. I hope I'm not overdoing it. Confused Would sure love to know what's the best interval for optimum results.

Hello Everyone:

Because of the confusion, I am going to make an exception to post and help clarify. It is still best to contact us directly and post information you find useful. We wish to refrain from posting for ethical reasons and so we are not questioned about our intent.

If you read back to maria51va (pg.23) and scalawaggirl's follow up to maria51va after having a conversation with me (pg.23) this really addresses a broad spectrum of questions regarding frequency of use and the technique. Both the most popular questions.

When I mention "treatment", I'm referring to the complete technique that I shared with maria51va, which involves the total amount of time specified and involves both passes.

The part that needs to be managed here is the amount of light you are allowing into your skin.

Findings in NASA research and other clinical studies show between 4 and 8 joules of light must enter a region of skin in order to achieve maximum "therapeutic effects". Go over 8 joules or under 4 joules may be of no benefit to the receipient. A "therapeutic effect" are things such as increase circulation, increase lymphatic drainage, increase in cellular activity - which is a catalyst to stimulate the production of collagen, and so on. In total, it is shown in clinical studies that red/infrared light has been shown to effect at least 24 positive changes at a cellular level.

The technique I shared allows between 4 and 8 joules of red/infrared light to enter each section of the face. My preference is to hear that customers using our device are allowing between 4 and 8 joules in each section of their face per treatment. If you are allowing 4 to 8 joules of light into each section of the face per treatment, you should allow a 4-6 day rest and let your body, cells, skin, etc. have time to react to the therapy and evolve into results. Just like toning or building muscle.

Some mention they use it more frequently, or less frequently, etc. Just like scalawaggirl and katee and countless others have mentioned or referenced, everyone's skin type and response will be different. Just like working out or dieting. If you are doing something that works for you, like using it more or less frequently, please continue. The technique shared should be the starting point for all. It is the middle ground. It is also a technique that allows the correct amount of light into the skin to help you achieve results.

Now, you may ask, how will you know if you are letting enough joules of light into the treated section. The Baby Quasar produces 1.3 joules per centimeter squared, per minute. Making it one of the most powerful on the market that is available to consumers. Our professional device, the Quasar SP, produces twice as much, hence the reason it takes less than half the time to perform a treatment and only needs to be repeated every 7-10 days.

Don't forget all the other science built into these devices. It is not just power, or putting together the right color LEDs. The correct and clinically studied wavelengths, the angle of the LED, harmonics, and on and on.

I really hope this is of some help. Please contact us directly with any questions. To everyone who has been assisting in answering questions, posting information you found useful when speaking to us, and offering your own professional opinion or expertise, we thank you.

Make It A Great Day!
James Bressi
AdvanThera
P: (800)944-1523
C: (610)999-2668
E: jamesbressi@AdvanThera.com
On The Web At: http://www.AdvanThera.com
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |