Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Awwww Maria, what a doll you are! I just came to print it out, and knew kinda where to look.. You DID save me time! Thank you so much...

Is it bad I just want to crawl into bed, instead of get out my 'baby'... Does that tell you how tired I am at the moment {6:00 PM}... Laughing Wink

But I'll get thru it, then crash..

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi lonevoice and Im kiki

Many many thanks for answering my questions. I have tried my Baby Q today and yes if I hold my hand over the light at the top it does actually show a kind of orange colour (it just looks more green in normal light.
Quote:
Regarding LED's not lighting up: The Baby Quasar uses both red and infrared LEDs. You will only be able to see the 12 red LEDs light up. Infrared is invisible to the human eye.

Sorry I didnt realise this was the case with LED and Infrared lights - I though the device was just not working properly. However if this is the case, how would i know if the infrared lights are working??

When I used the BQ this today I used it as close to my lower lashes as I could and over my brow to the bottom of my brow. Even with eyes shut I can still see the light but you cant do this area whilst wearing the goggles provided. Can this damage your eyes?

And lastly (well for now anyway) how often should I use the BQ - every day; every other day. I started today with the treatment in the pamphlet that came with it.

la vie en rose - sorry I did actually pm Alex the post I put on here but the fist time around I pressed reply to post instead of going to my messages by mistake. I had actually sent Advanced Theraputics a few emails - maybe i hadnt got all the replies to my questions because i drove them crazy but as a lot of you may have realised about me Im a little bit of a worry head - apologies in advance Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
salster68
James gave me detailed information about how often to use & also gave info to scalawag-both of us copied & pasted onto page 23 of this thread
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15282&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=550
I think many of your questions will be answered there!
Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
gosh, there's so much information in this thread, but it's all a bit jumbled.Rolling Eyes

If anyone gets new operating instructions or feedback... maybe it could be put in a new thread?
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Ive used by BQ twice since receiving it. I have followed the programmes in the pamphlet for both of these session. My skin has been quite flakey since. Can anyone say why this is happening Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sally. Earlier in this thread several people commented about having some dryness after using the BQ. All or most of them reported that they were able to take care of this issue by splashing water on the face immediately after using the BQ, and/or by moisturizing following use. Since products absorb much more easily following a BQ treatment, I've found that using my ultra EMU oil immediately after a treatment eliminates any dryness/flakiness associated with use of the BQ. If that doesn't help, you might try applying HA serum beforehand, but let it absorb completely before using your BQ.

Now I do have an exciting story to tell the BQ ladies. I went to dinner with a few friends on Saturday that I haven't seen since starting the BQ treatments a few months ago. They ALL commented on how great I looked, as in "glowing". Everyone wanted to know what I've been doing to my face. One of them said I looked 10 years younger! I don't think it's as dramatic as THAT, but it sure was great to hear. Another one said I looked like I'd had an eye lift! Needless to say, I'm absolutely thrilled to get that kind of objective feedback. While I don't think I look ten years younger, I will say my skin hasn't looked this good in a very long time. It's tighter, more even-toned, a bit less wrinkled, and has a glow to it that I've never had before. My eyes are where it's showing the greatest improvement now. Still waiting for any improvements to broken caps, which is something I'm not seeing changes in yet.

I hope this encourages you to be persistent and consistent in using your BQ. It does take time and patience, the results are defintely cumulative, but it is so worth it. I'd love to hear how some of the rest of you who've been using it for awhile now are coming along.
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I started a new thread with the newest guidelines to help cut through the clutter-hope I didn't leave anyone's input out of that thread!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Lonevoice-I am so happy you are loving it. That's the same response I get and people want to know the secret. It's a great device and it was the best birthday present I have gotten myself in a long time. I had a 20-ish couple tell me the other day I looked very well "preserved" (as in pickled?) for my age and couldn't believe I was 44!!! Laughing I know they meant well, it just sounded funny.

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Around the delicate eye area, does anyone know what setting and how many seconds the Baby Q should be used around this area? I have some fine lines there.

Thanks,
Rita
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it's been just over a month and I've probably used my BabyQ about 15 times. Here again is the before (I'd like to remind you all that I do usually wear make-up!)Image
Here is the after. I apologise that it is not taken under the exact same circumstances and lighting but I've tried very hard to get the angle similar - must have taken 20 pics! Please ignore the grey hair - I know my roots need to be done but I'm allergic to hair dye and have to psych myself up to do it, plus take antihistamines for days before and after.
Here's what I see: my brows look lifted: the area between my eyebrows looks less congested (also I have a nasty scar there which is lessened): the area around the corners of my mouth looks less droopy: the redness on my chin has faded and I think the contours of my face look more defined. Also, the patch of broken capillaries above my left eye - very noticeable on the first pic - has gone. I promise I kept the same straight face for both pics - no raising of eyebrows, etc... in fact, you can see that my forehead lines remain the same. I'd say I'm very happy with the BabyQ - it's a subtle fix, but one worth having.
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to post again but I don't seem to be able to edit. What I forgot to say is that in the first pic, right up by my hairline, there are two smudges: these are patches of eczema and they have now gone, as you can see in the second pic. I have other patches: on my elbow, for instance, and they are almost gone. As I said in a previous post, I would have paid twice as much for this alone.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I think the improvement is significant. Congrats Cesce! Just wait till you get your hair done - you'll REALLY be drop dead gorgeous Wink .
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Cesce, thanks for posting those pics. It's very inspiring to see the BQ really work. And I can definitely see that it's worked from your pictures! Yay!! Very Happy

About the hair dye...man, if it's anything like the allergy my mother used to have (blisters and pustules), it ain't worth it! Have you tried alternate dyes like herbal/henna based products? I work with a pathologically allergic woman and her hair always looks gorgeous. She strictly uses henna based hair dyes anymore. If you haven't looked into it, you might do a bit of research. I did a search on "Henna" on Google once and found a few sites that specialized in it. They have versions of it that are designed to completely cover gray, too. Just a thought... Very Happy

P.S. You look great. Smile
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Cesce!! You look great!! I really can see a real difference.
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all. I did promise several pages ago to do the before and afters. Hope it helped: it's clearly not a quick fix, though. But I wouldn't want to be without it now. PocoLoco - thank you for the input about hair dyes: I do research it from time to time - perhaps there's now something available that I missed last time I looked. I'll go look again.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the pics-I can see the lift in your eye area for sure. Glad you are happy with the results and you look great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce, your results are really quite nice and subtle, but also very impactful - there is a definite difference in your before and after pics. You've had a great result with the BQ. (Oh, great, now I'm going to have to get one, too!)

BTW, I cannot imagine how pretty you're going to look WITH makeup, because I think you look amazing without any at all! Lucky lady!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:32 am      Reply with quote
wow, Cesce, stunning!!! thank you soooooo much for posting those pics!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks lonevoice. I have used the BQ again since and still have alot of flaking of the skin especially around the mouth and chin area. I am putting plenty of mosituriser on. Although I used the BQ at night the whole of the next day I had these flakey patches.

Cesce - wow you look absolutely amazing - both on the before and after pictures. You definately can see a difference in the area between your eyebrows. im only 38 but I dont look half as good as you. I look alot older. Hopefully the BQ will do something as good as this for me. I have awful frown lines - one quite deep one in particular andy my under eye area is very crepey and baggy. Im now starting to have that horrid droop above my eye.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Cesce, you look great! I just got my Baby Q a few days ago so have only used it a couple of times so far but am hoping to get some similar improvements too (fingers crossed!). Were you following the instructions that come with the Baby Q, or one of the other variants that have been posted here?
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Cesce, you look great! Thanks for the photos. The BQ is definitely working for you. I can see the eye lift and the smoothness bitween the eyebrows.

Results should keep getting better and better! Something to look forward too

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce, thank you for posting the before and afters... I can see all the things you mentioned! I didn't even need to read what you saw, it was so abvious... You've had great results, no one can deny that...

I hope you'll post in another month or 2. I can only believe that the changes taking place will be that much more improved and noticable...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:56 am      Reply with quote
You are truly beautiful Cesce and thank you so much for the pictures. I've had the BQ for almost 2 months and have been consistently using it up to 3 times a week so that makes about 24 treatments or thereabouts in all. Because I have no deep lines or dropping areas, I'm still not sure if this is doing what it's supposed to do for me. I'm extremely obsessed with getting a refined skin texture and getting rid of pesky lines under the eyes and also fine broken caps on the inner cheek area but that doesn't seem to be happening just yet. I'm really hoping that by Christmas, all skin issues will be resolved (at leat by 60%) and then will my purchase of the BQ be truly justified. In the meantime I'm also sharing it with my mom who of course has more serious skin problems than I do and I'm hoping she'll benefit more from it than I do. At least one of us has to! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your very kind comments. In answer to Fifi's question; I used it first in accordance with the instructions in the accompanying leaflet but have done the last four treatments according to the instructions posted on page 23(I think) of this thread. That's when I began to see a difference. Whether because the second lot of instructions are more efficient or because I'd just had enough light overall to make a difference... I don't know.
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce:

OK. In your before photo, you are an attractive woman- looking in her 40's.
In the after photo, you are a beautiful woman- and much YOUnGER looking.Did you use the "baby"
around your lips alot? Because in your earlier pics I noticed that you had deep lines around the bottom lip, but in your after photo, here-
I can't see any of those lines at all! Is it just the way you are holding your mouth or has it really changed that much?

Because with all of the changes in skin texture, wrinkles, and your lips- you remind me of a girl from high school that I was very
envious of! Laughing

Thanks so much for sharing your pics!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |