Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Virginia
5% products discount

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I am having a lot of hormonal breakouts. Is anyone having good success with it helping to stop breakouts and getting tid of the residual red marks? Thanks.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I can't say much about the breakouts, but it does help fade red marks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've had my daughter use it twice, and her's were clearing up the next day, after the 1st use.. She's been gone, but will be home today.. I'l check it out. But I know the reddness was so much better after the 1st use...

I forgot to post about my burn.. Anyone who knows me, knows I shouldn't be allowed in the kitchen.. I burned my knuckle last week.. Got it under cold water and the next day it had blistered up... It wasn't until a few days later I thought to put the BQ on it.. The next day, it's like the blister part never was there.. I still have the mark, but it's like a mark on my hand, nothing more.. Been very busy and spaced using it again.. I'll be doing that today and from now on.. I'll let ya know if it helps with not scaring..

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in buying the BQ but I wonder if the tightening effect is only temporary and wears off after awhile? Will this help those tiny red veins on face and I have a little melasma patch on chest I would like to get rid of.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I am interested in buying the BQ but I wonder if the tightening effect is only temporary and wears off after awhile? Will this help those tiny red veins on face and I have a little melasma patch on chest I would like to get rid of.

I have only used the BQ five times and the Broken Capillaries (tiny red vein) are getting much lighter. I had IPL approximately 6 years ago for broken capillairies. The six treatments got rid of every single one of them but over the years they started showing up again. As with any device I think you have to start a maintenance program to keep results if you have a tendency for capillairies.

As far as firmness I am seeing a difference (ever so slight). I am pleased with the results but know at my age (60) I need to do this weekly in order to maintain as long as possible.

I am excited about the BQ as I worked in a salon for years (front desk) and saw what PhotoRejuvenation treatments did for clients. Now these clients are paying approximately 1200.00 to 1500.00 for 6 treatments. The BQ is a bargain even though the treatments take longer because of the size of the unit.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Winnie,
are you really happy with the BQ because you know you are my inspiration with products & devices. Smile
I am currently persuading my hubby that I must have one of these for xmas(using the line that its cheaper than the face lift I am seriously considering.
Seriously I know you look fab & always give an honest opinion.
Do you still use esthers secret Question I do occassionally, its so good but so blooming messy.
love ya Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
ok, Winnie...Katie etc...but I geuss my real question is does it really firm or tighten your face?..or is it temporary? Like a face masque or facial you get initial tightening for a little while but doesnt last....I dont mind paying the $$$ if it works but I dont want to waste my time if it doesnt have lasting results.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
my other concern was fat loss,could you possibly have a problem with fat loss? I know thermage has damaged a lot of women....I would really want to own one but I just want to be sure its safe and somewhat effective.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
ok, Winnie...Katie etc...but I geuss my real question is does it really firm or tighten your face?..or is it temporary? Like a face masque or facial you get initial tightening for a little while but doesnt last....I dont mind paying the $$$ if it works but I dont want to waste my time if it doesnt have lasting results.

The results last for quite awhile, actually. They do not last forever, though, so you still need to continue treatments. It is not like a facial, however, where you feel nice for a few hours and then it goes back to normal. What you will find w/the BQ is that it takes about 10-12 treatments before you see significant results. If you continue, you will see further benefits. If you stop, then eventually, things will return to a more normal state.

I use mine every day or every other day and am absolutely satisfied that I bought it. To me, it's like washing my face. If I stop doing that, I will breakout (same for the effects of Vitamin C, DMAE, etc.) - gotta keep using them to maintain the results.

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Been following what everyone is saying about this little device and was on the verge of buying one until I read that you need to use it everyday or every other day. Soooo, now I'm wondering how much time you have to set aside for the treatment. Tell me if I've got this right....I need to set aside about 30 minutes for a treatment and do it everyday or every other day to see results?? I'll be 59 next month, had a full face laser done last year by a plastic surgeon. Very happy with the results. Had a full blown face lift done ten years ago. Happy with those results too. But, can't afford to do either of those procedures again anytime soon. So, looking for something I can do at home. I'll welcome any and all suggestions. Rolling Eyes Using PrevageMD right now.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Winnie,
are you really happy with the BQ because you know you are my inspiration with products & devices. Smile
I am currently persuading my hubby that I must have one of these for xmas(using the line that its cheaper than the face lift I am seriously considering.
Seriously I know you look fab & always give an honest opinion.
Do you still use esthers secret Question I do occassionally, its so good but so blooming messy.
love ya Lori

Hi Lori Very Happy

It is so great having you post again. Dancing Dancing I missed you and some of the old gang. Laughing

Yes, I really do like the Baby Q Lori. I looked absolutely dreadful pre and post op. My friends and family are commenting this week how great I look (good color, rested). I don't think the BQ can possibly take the place of a facelift. If a person has extensive aging, wrinkles, sagging there is no way the BQ is going to get rid of these conditions. If the aging process is just beginning or a woman wants to look just BETTER, rested, smaller pores, lighter age spots etc. I thing the BQ is fine. Perhaps the best way I can discribe the BQ for me is: It takes the place of a lot of skin care products that would cost me far more. The device is study with a good warrantee.

What the heck Lori....You can always try it. Just make sure before 30 days if you don't like it send it back for a full refund. After a few weeks if you do not see improvement I would say it's not for you. In my case either my skin reacts immediately to a new product or I know from the start it's not for me. Most people give a line more time than me.

Lori, I would never spend the money on cosmetic surgery. I know for instance if I had my eyes done I would want a lip line filler than it would be something else. I just can't do that.

I order the Ester's Secret Mask once. Yes, I did like the results. Unfortunately, I found it messy and I just would not continue to keep my face still for that long. Especially keeping the mouth shut would be hard for me. Laughing I still you JB products as my main skin care line but always opened. I also really like Candy's products.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Dallas wrote:
Been following what everyone is saying about this little device and was on the verge of buying one until I read that you need to use it everyday or every other day. Soooo, now I'm wondering how much time you have to set aside for the treatment. Tell me if I've got this right....I need to set aside about 30 minutes for a treatment and do it everyday or every other day to see results?? I'll be 59 next month, had a full face laser done last year by a plastic surgeon. Very happy with the results. Had a full blown face lift done ten years ago. Happy with those results too. But, can't afford to do either of those procedures again anytime soon. So, looking for something I can do at home. I'll welcome any and all suggestions. Rolling Eyes Using PrevageMD right now.

Dallas, check page 23 of this thread. It lists different routines and no, you do not need to use it every day or every other day. You will notice that I do because I have very tough, oily skin and I only use it for 20 minutes each time. The normal recommendation is about 45 minutes but only every 6-8 days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, definitely going to get one.

rofl to the mouth shut thing. I too have trouble with that one.

I know you have good response times to new products. I must have a look at Candy's line.
Mind I have heaps of ingredients to make my own stuff & haven't really bothered. Note to myself to make more me time. Rolling Eyes

I like being back although I am just getting used to the new faces & personalities. There are a few of the oldies missing but loads of new peeps. It's like comming back to see a friend you haven't seen for ages but you still get on really well.
I love EDS. It's lovely to see Mabsy is still here being sensible

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Just purchased one on Ebay. I KNEW this place would be bad for my credit card! I can't wait to use the BQ....
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Cesce wrote:
Catski, you asked if the results would stay awhile if you didn't use the BabyQ. I've only been using it for a month and a half but, due to circumstances, didn't use it for exactly a week (last week) and I felt I was back to square one. I then did two treatments with only one day between them and regained the results. I don't know if one had used it for, say, six months, you could take a short break. Perhaps someone from AdvanThera could enlighten us. Certainly I'll make sure I use it at least twice a week from now on. I guess it's like everything else, though - you wouldn't take a long break from general skincare either. Once you get used to it, it's really no hassle: as Scalawaggirl said, you can use it while you watch TV. Hope this helps.

Yes - thankyou for answering that, cesce. In a way it's like the results that we get from most skincare products that we apply topically, then.
Basically there's no escaping the fact that as we age, we have to work harder to stay the same..
Hayley
5% products discount

Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have been following this thread religiously and still don't have the money to buy my own BQ, however you guys are really keeping me interested! Well, I have a male friend who suffers with dark under eye circles, not baggy just dark. He feels he looks tired all the time and told me he wants to do something about it. He asked me about the BQ and if it would help.....so I come to you all for help. What do you think? What has been your experience using the BQ with dark circles under eyes if you have this problem? Thanks in advance!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hayley wrote:
... What has been your experience using the BQ with dark circles under eyes if you have this problem? Thanks in advance!

Pray Pray Pray OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE! Pray Pray Pray Let someone say it works miracles on dark circles!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hayley wrote:
I have been following this thread religiously and still don't have the money to buy my own BQ, however you guys are really keeping me interested! Well, I have a male friend who suffers with dark under eye circles, not baggy just dark. He feels he looks tired all the time and told me he wants to do something about it. He asked me about the BQ and if it would help.....so I come to you all for help. What do you think? What has been your experience using the BQ with dark circles under eyes if you have this problem? Thanks in advance!

I would call Advanced Thereputics about this. They are very helpful. I don't have dark circles but darker pigmentation below my brows. I believe this is from sun exposure over the years. It appears to be getting lighter after several treatments with the Q on the green (continuous) setting. The Q also seems to be firming up my under eye bags to some degree. Again, I am very new to the Q but do see a more rested/alive look to my face.
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I read somewhere in this thread that the BQ can be used on the eye area, I am a bit confused about this as I thought the eyes had to be covered by the goggles supplied with the BQ.
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone advise on this, I believe that I read somewhere in this thread that the BQ can be used on the eye area, I am a bit confused about this as I thought the eyes had to be covered by the goggles supplied with the BQ.
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone advise on this, I believe that I read somewhere in this thread that the BQ can be used on the eye area, I am a bit confused about this as I thought the eyes had to be covered by the goggles supplied with the BQ.
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Rickyhpierre,
You are correct about the advice to use goggles, many of us do not use the goggles, but keep eyes closed & I personally use my Baby over my browbone, just above the eye & use it under the eye, at the lashline, but never directly over the eye socket itself. My directions do recommend the goggles, but after consulting with my salon provider, felt comfortable using this method.
Hope this helps!
Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I do the same as Maria with no problems at all... Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Alex told me I can put Quasar over my eyes. I did few times but after serching on internet I decided not to: The following info is from
https://plus37.safe-order.net/heelspurs/a/led/led_research.html#safety

Quote: "........Infrared light > 770 nm may harm the retina and lens from thermal activity, but has more risk for the lens. Damage to the lens may take the form mainly of cataracts........"

That website has more safty issues if you are interested.

Quasar / BQ's wavelengths are between 600nm and 1000nm.

Now, I don't use safety goggles but I close my eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I close my eyes and then use the BQ just over the socket area (not pressing in on the eye, just kind of resting over it) so that I can treat any pigmentation etc on the lids as well as the surrounding area. Bad idea, do you all think?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |