Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
James explained that if you use it on just the boney areas around the eye, it's okay. Now if you go blind, don't call me. Laughing You use the cone for concentrating on the nasolabial folds, nose bridge, etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose, wonderful that the BQ has helped your arm! Really, it's the only thing that has worked consistently on my knee tendinitis. In fact I'm no longer needing to have nightly sessions, more like 2-3x a week there. Fantastic! It's wonderful to be pain-free.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just placed an order for a Professional Quasar SP.

I do not have the Baby Q unit or anything similar. However, James was extremely kind to let me take an advantage of this great offer without trading the Baby Q. I would have to make payments of $136.41/month for 12 months, free shipping. I should receive it on Friday!!!

So girls, if you do not have the Baby Q unit or anything similar to trade in, you can still take an advantage of this great offer.

The main reason I didn't buy the Baby Q, that I think it is time consuming (for me). James told me that with the Professional Quasar SP I need to do it only once a week for 24 minutes (I think). This is very manageable.

Now, I really hope that it will work for me and that I will love it as much as you all love it.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco -- calling somebody your little cabbage is the ultimate endearment. it is used only for those special few and those that give you gas.

Chocolat -- really looking forward to when i don't have to use it nightly, but i have an awful lot to heal. along with the 3 bones that were completely seperated, i have 17 screws bored through my bones holding 2 plates. 8" surgical scar that still makes me quiver when i BQ it as the nerves are *still* awakening. muscles are being worked now by the therapist and there kind of saying "what the f***?" and my tendons are screaming (wonderful to know it's helping yours) because of a slight misalignment (but a new night splint is helping with that). so the pain is still there, but bearable as long as i'm faithful. and since there's obviously still healing happening (and mobility still has at least 10% to go in each direction), i'm not stopping. i really truly believe this device is almost miraculous as it's allowed me to heal so much faster than i would have otherwise. when my doc saw the x-rays in november, he just grinned ear to ear. and i can't express my joy at being off the meds!!!

my one regret has always been not getting the bigger model (James and i spoke before i purchased), but it was hard to justify with all the other medical bills. now, obviously, seeing how much i use it, i wish i had. then maybe i'd actually get to see what it does for my face!

still, while the bigger one is glorious in every way, it *is* a huge investment. i think that people who are on the fence should go for the Baby Q, it is in *no* way inferior -- it just takes longer.

what more can anybody ask for? a beauty device that does so much more....
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Doba, That sounds great. Although the Baby Quasar is tempting, I'd much rather have the large one. Thanks for posting!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
La vie en rose-It's a shame your doctor couldn't write a prescription for an SP as a medically- needed device. Seems like insurance should cover it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Doba, That sounds great. Although the Baby Quasar is tempting, I'd much rather have the large one. Thanks for posting!

You are welcome.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
La vie en rose-It's a shame your doctor couldn't write a prescription for an SP as a medically- needed device. Seems like insurance should cover it!

want to my doctor??? Wink

actually, i think the doc would do it but the insurance would never bite. they did me good on the $80,000.00 hospital bill (not inc. surgeon's fees), though, so i really can't complain.... (albeit, some of the charges are ridiculous. my BF and i have a running joke about one of the charges. $250 for a "medical infusion." the only thing we can think of it being is a cup of tea i demanded in the early am before the kitchen opened Rolling Eyes every time i ask my boyfriend to make a cuppa, he tries to charge me $250!)
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls,

I have used the baby Q twice now, with a space of 3 days in between. Howver, I have noticed the next day, my eyes become really puffy,..I felt a bit headachey and a bit sickly. Does anyone else feel like this ? if so, will it pass ?

many thanks
Jackie X
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
The puffiness and all you described is because it stimulates your lymph tissues and promotes drainage, sometimes it does for me if I am really stopped up. Now some people have had trouble with the headaches, especially if you are prone to migraines, because the light can trigger them. Be sure and keep your eyes covered well then.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi girls,

I have used the baby Q twice now, with a space of 3 days in between. Howver, I have noticed the next day, my eyes become really puffy,..I felt a bit headachey and a bit sickly. Does anyone else feel like this ? if so, will it pass ?

many thanks
Jackie X

Jackie,

Could you tell me for how long your eyes were puffy? Did the puffiness last for a day of hours?

Thank you.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
La vie en rose, have you looked into any supplements or herbs to help bone healing... an herb called boneset comes to mind, as well as a calcium/magnesium combo. I'm sorry you went through whatever event that caused the injury, but at least you are seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Scallawaggirl, you are BAD BAD BAD. Wink No, seriously, thanks for the info and link....I'm definitely contemplating trading in my BQ for the SP. I will give James a call. I can handle the $99 a month but that puts off my getting the NuFace Crying or Very sad until it's paid off. Or I get a raise, win the Lotto, or something! Now if you could just talk the NuFace folks into some kind of forum discount/trade-indeal [I'll send them my old DermalTone!] I think you must be very persuasive ...
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
OMG can't believe I did it, but I'm in on the upgrade. Very Happy What sold me is the lifetime warranty (my BQ is approaching 2 yrs old) and needing to do it less often, for less time. Funny how psychologically, $99 a month seems much more manageable than seeing $1200 charge on my card!!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
... Scallawaggirl, you are BAD BAD BAD. Wink ... Now if you could just talk the NuFace folks into some kind of forum discount/trade-indeal [I'll send them my old DermalTone!] I think you must be very persuasive ...

Yeah, Scally, see if you can use your charms to get us all a great deal on the NuFace! The price is much more manageable if we use our EDS forum discount and buy it here, but ... maybe your powers of persuasion can get us an even better deal?! C'mon, whaddya say?! Very Happy
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie,

Could you tell me for how long your eyes were puffy? Did the puffiness last for a day of hours?

Thank you.[/quote]

Hi doba,
i find the puffiness lasts most of the day. I do suffer from dry eyes, so i'm wondering if the baby Q is worsening the problem. What's more peculiar is that i have felt sickly today and headachey, I'm just hoping i can still manage to use it. Has anyone else experinced these symptoms ?

Jackie
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I so wish I could take advantage of this...so close to Christmas it's not easy...plus already making payments on kids braces (sheesh!) Crying or Very sad
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Chocolat wrote:
... Scallawaggirl, you are BAD BAD BAD. Wink ... Now if you could just talk the NuFace folks into some kind of forum discount/trade-indeal [I'll send them my old DermalTone!] I think you must be very persuasive ...

Yeah, Scally, see if you can use your charms to get us all a great deal on the NuFace! The price is much more manageable if we use our EDS forum discount and buy it here, but ... maybe your powers of persuasion can get us an even better deal?! C'mon, whaddya say?! Very Happy

Yeah, I'm bad! Mwahhhahhhhahhh, but in the good way, yeah? After all, you'll be looking more lovely for the sacrifice of, oh, I don't know, eating maybe? Bad Grin

Damn but doubt I could talk EDS into offering the Nuface for cheaper or the jokers that make the Nuface. Wish I could. Just goes to show that not all companies are as customer-service oriented as AdvanThera! Oh, and it was more like James's power of persuasion than mine. Smile I saw the offer and thought, well, that's a no-brainer! I'm going for it. Smile The rest is bad girl history and I will be using my SP tomorrow as soon as I get it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Scalla, I'm afraid it'll be bread & water for me for a while (as well as no new shoes!) but I'll look positively splendid! Just wearing old rags, that's me. Laughing I had a nice talk with James when I placed the order, he gave me a great idea of using it for migraine relief! (at the back of the neck, dilates constricted blood vessels) Thanks again for the heads-up. I thank you ... my credit-card-company thanks you ...
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie, my eyes do get irritated sometimes using the BQ, even though I close them when the light gets nears and never look into the light directly or use it on my eyelids. I had corrective vision surgery (that laser thing) in the mid 90's and ever since then, my eyes are fairly light-sensitive. I use lubricating eye drops after a session and usually need them the morning after the BQ too. Sometimes they've even looked slightly pinkish (the sclera) the next morning, but not all the time. When I get the SP and the concentration cone I'll be able to get more light concentrated where I want it and less scatter effect that'll irritate my eyes, I think.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie,

My guess is that you might be suffering from a migraine--maybe a mild one--triggered by the flashing red light getting into your eyes. Flashing lights are a known migraine trigger and I got one the first time I used the BQ. It hasn't happened since then though, as now I am very careful not to get the device near my eyes when I have it on the flashy setting.

As for eye puffiness, I get that after using the BQ and it lasts for a few hours. It's not caused by the BQ though, it's caused by the plastic eye shields pressing into the delicate tissue surrounding my eyes. The skin is thin there, the fluids probably don't move around too well. When I first take off the eye thingy after 45 minutes, my eyes look like hell. Shock
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:17 am      Reply with quote
thanks so much for your replies girls,I might try harder to stop the light getting into my eyes. Chocolat, can I ask what the SP and concentration cone are ?

many thanks
Jackie x
Syr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I read the studies about the effects of red light on the skin, but there are so many devices sold on ebay - this thread definitely helps me which to choose Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie, the Quasar SP is the professional Quasar model, with a larger head, and a cone attachment for spot-treating areas. There's a post in this thread previously a few pages back from December 13, AdvanThera (the marketing company for the Quasar manufacturer) is offering a trade-in for BabyQ users to upgrade to the SP model. I upgraded to the SP yesterday. So search for Scalawaggirl's post on the 13th for info.

Syr, there are lots of light devices being sold, but be sure to check out if they actually have the wavelengths that do any good in terms of the skin. The Quasar (both BQ and SP) have three different wavelength settings.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Like la vie en rose, there is no way I can upgrade to the SP. I have been out of work for two months. Still have a few months of PT before I am able to go back. My job requires me to be on my feet several hours during the day.

I will continue using the Baby. It is helping my ankle so much. It might take a little longer but thats OK.

For those who can't afford the SP, know that the Baby Q does an excellent job at less than half the price.
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Well I did it! Upgraded after reading the reviews. Just got through talking to James, he is such a sweetie! He is shipping it out today for me, and a UK transformer too.

I just bought the NuFace 10 days ago after seeing Scally's amazing before and after pictures. I am going to be seriously broke if I hang around EDS much longer Laughing

Ricky
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |