Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Jackie,

Could you tell me for how long your eyes were puffy? Did the puffiness last for a day of hours?

Thank you.

Hi doba,
i find the puffiness lasts most of the day. I do suffer from dry eyes, so i'm wondering if the baby Q is worsening the problem. What's more peculiar is that i have felt sickly today and headachey, I'm just hoping i can still manage to use it. Has anyone else experinced these symptoms ?

Jackie[/quote]

Jackie, thank you very much.
Did you talk to James about this?
I didn't receive my SP, yet, but my eye are prone to puffiness, and I worry about this problem.
Jackie, are your eyes prone to puffiness?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Doba-my eyes are prone to being dry and somewhat puffy from time to time, side effects of living in the Allergy Capitol of the World, Austin. I find that the baby Q, and now the Sp, actually help with drainage and have found the more I use it, the less I suffer from the puffiness. While I am using it, I will sometimes fell a little headachey, but it subsides. That is from the stimulation of the lymphatic tissue I would guess.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Annie,
Thank you very much. I hope the SP will help me, too.
grhawk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi girls,

I have used the baby Q twice now, with a space of 3 days in between. Howver, I have noticed the next day, my eyes become really puffy,..I felt a bit headachey and a bit sickly. Does anyone else feel like this ? if so, will it pass ?

many thanks
Jackie X

Yep i got it Friday and used it on my face and the next morning I woke up nauseous and with a headache which is not normal for me. The nausea went away but the headache has come and gone. Greg
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
For the past few days I have been reading that a few people have been feeling sick after using the Q. I have had no problems with this at all. If I had, I would be on the phone immediately with Advanced Therapeutics.According to the reviews it seems quite rare for this to be happening. IMO negative symtoms, as such, would make me concerned. A product can be good for 95% of people but not for the other 5%. I would stop using your Q until you talked with the experts.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Greg, did you get the red flashing light into your eyes at all? Your symptoms are consistent with migraine...and flashing lights are a classic migraine trigger.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I suffer badly with migraines but I can honestly say that the BQ has not triggered one for me.

I agree with Winnie (sensible lady) that it would be a good idea to stop using the BQ & get in touch with Advanced Therapeutics.

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
grhawk wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi girls,

I have used the baby Q twice now, with a space of 3 days in between. Howver, I have noticed the next day, my eyes become really puffy,..I felt a bit headachey and a bit sickly. Does anyone else feel like this ? if so, will it pass ?

many thanks
Jackie X

Yep i got it Friday and used it on my face and the next morning I woke up nauseous and with a headache which is not normal for me. The nausea went away but the headache has come and gone. Greg

This happened to me the first few times I used it--nauseau, a sickly feeling and a wicked headache that had me seeing stars and (sorry!) almost throwing up. I made some adjustments in how I am using it and now I am not having such an extreme reaction.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Havana, please share what adjustments you made that are keeping you from getting the headache...
grhawk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
Greg, did you get the red flashing light into your eyes at all? Your symptoms are consistent with migraine...and flashing lights are a classic migraine trigger.

Yes that is exactly what happened i'm sure. I had it on the flashing orange setting and I did get it in my eyes. I will make sure to keep my eyes closed from now on. Ouch I have never had a migraine before but now i know how those that get them feel.
havana8

Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I pivot/tilt the wand ever so slightly away from my eyes so that only one edge of the metal casing is touching my skin. It ends up acting like a tiny shield. In this way I have found that I can leave both my eyes open while using it versus closing them which seems to amplify the pulsing effect and makes me feel quite ill.

Sounds crazy but avoiding alcohol prior to using it helps and drinking plenty of water prior to and after using the Baby Q seems to cut down on the ill/puffy feeling through to the next day.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi all of you BQ users!

Are there any updates on your use of BQ? Or has everyone traded in their BQ for the big QSP unit?

I am saving $$ for BQ (almost there Wink ) and I certainly hope that there are still people out there who find it useful and sufficient.

Please keep us posted.

Happy holidays!

R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Rubby- I think you will be very happy with the Baby Q. I don't see so far that the Quasar is that big an improvement for me in anything other than time and the space it covers. Maybe a bit more powerful, but I was really happy with the baby Q> If I'm not seeing dramatically increased results from the SP to warrant the cost, I may trade back to the Baby Q. It never bothered me to take the time out to use it at night. It also depends on your skin and what needs you want met. My use is strictly more maintenance so my needs are less.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Hi all of you BQ users!

Are there any updates on your use of BQ? Or has everyone traded in their BQ for the big QSP unit?

I am saving $$ for BQ (almost there Wink ) and I certainly hope that there are still people out there who find it useful and sufficient.

Please keep us posted.

Happy holidays!

R. Smile

I have been using the BQ since eary November. I am very pleased with my purchase. I purchased it for my face but have been using it for post operative pain. The BQ has helped ease the pain in my foot and speed up healing. Very Happy My face has more even tone and is plumper (more youthful). I tend to think I will stick with the BQ and not upgrade as it does the job and price is right.

Merry Christmas Smile
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi I just posted this on another thread as well, I just joined here, and because of all the raves I ordered the Quasar SP and couldn't resist the Nuface either. So far so good, but then someone on that other treat got scared, and was talking about another product, which had a FDA warning, that brought me to a product called quatum quasar plus, firmname quantum skincare, which also has a FDA warning, then a google search brought me to this device on ebay item 150000013384 with no picture but sounds like a similar product. Also the firmname Quantum Skincare is used by cosmeticlight in Dayspa magazine for as advertising.

This sort of spooks me (my english may not be so good I'm Dutch). Can anyone enlight me?

thanks
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Rubby- I think you will be very happy with the Baby Q. I don't see so far that the Quasar is that big an improvement for me in anything other than time and the space it covers. Maybe a bit more powerful, but I was really happy with the baby Q> If I'm not seeing dramatically increased results from the SP to warrant the cost, I may trade back to the Baby Q. It never bothered me to take the time out to use it at night. It also depends on your skin and what needs you want met. My use is strictly more maintenance so my needs are less.

Thanks AnnieR and Winnie!
Your comments make me feel much better about my decision to purchase BQ. I do have quite a few issues I need to deal with (adult acne - not too bad though, lines, and some early signs of sagging). My skin is not too too old (I'm 41 and I hope that doesn't make to too too old Wink), so hopefully BQ will do the job.
I'll keep you posted.
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby-41 is not too old, just broken in! Laughing

I've never heard of the Quantam Quasar's. What does the FDA warning say is the problem?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
James told me Advanced Therapeutics purchased the company who made Quantam Quasar. Quantam Quasar's label did not pass FDA's requirements (I did not go further asked why.). Quasar has more effective wavelengths and more powerful.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:11 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Rubby-41 is not too old, just broken in! Laughing

Laughing Laughing Shame on you Very Happy Very Happy

hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
well hopefully, because I just purchased the Quasar SP off on Ebay of them, and it's a lot of money... also I haven't heard anything of them I bought and paid on the 22? How long does it take to respond and send?

thanks H.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi I cannot put in a link but if you google and put in quasar plus fda

you will find the letter, for 14 failures for instance the first one I copy this is

1. Failure of management with executive responsibility to ensure an adequate and effective quality system has been fully implemented and maintained at all levels of the organization, as required by 21 CFR 820 .20. Specifically, your firm does not maintain written procedures for corrective and preventive actions, complaint handling, design controls, and internal audits. Also, your firm does not maintain a complaint file, assembly device history records, design history file for the Quantum Quasar Plus device, and does not document in-process test results. In addition, your firm has not recorded and investigated complaints and validated the shipping process.

It could very well be that all is fixed now, I'm not sure.
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
Hi I cannot put in a link but if you google and put in quasar plus fda

you will find the letter, for 14 failures for instance the first one I copy this is

1. Failure of management with executive responsibility to ensure an adequate and effective quality system has been fully implemented and maintained at all levels of the organization, as required by 21 CFR 820 .20. Specifically, your firm does not maintain written procedures for corrective and preventive actions, complaint handling, design controls, and internal audits. Also, your firm does not maintain a complaint file, assembly device history records, design history file for the Quantum Quasar Plus device, and does not document in-process test results. In addition, your firm has not recorded and investigated complaints and validated the shipping process.

It could very well be that all is fixed now, I'm not sure.

Hi, glad you brought it up. I addressed this before, but I'm glad to SEE YOU ARE NEW TO THE BOARD. Welcome!!

As a representative who is very informed about all past, current, and future history, I can provide you this:

1. This warning was issued to the company we took over.
2. This warning is solely based around paperwork. There were no complaints, but rather not the system the FDA wanted in place.
3. We do not hide any of this information
4. Do a bit more searching and you will see NUMEROUS companies who "open and close and open" which we do not do.
5. We stay "out there" and active with the community and do not put on and change masks regularly.

I would never work for a company like that. The FDA is there to serve and protect the consumer and all alike, just like the FTC and OSHA.

I'm sure there are quite a few members here who have dealt with one of these departments and understand the mounds of paperwork and processes that are required for tasks that you take for granted or view as common sense.

The piece of the warning letter that you have pasted is very similar to, or exact, on what you would see for many warning letters. It is a template and if you fall in one of the categories, no matter how minute or severe, that is the line you get.

If you read the letter for what it is, you will see they did not "validate the shipping process". What does that mean? At that time, tested to see how the package holds up when shipped internationally, domestically, and if it is handled "roughly" or how the package would hold up in extreme conditions. This has been satisfied. The FDA is also not referencing any customer complaints or concerns, rather stating they did not see a system in place to their spec and want it changed.

Whew. Make sense? I think it is obvious to many that there is no need for concern, as we make ourselves so accessible, sometimes to a fault. I personally wouldn't put my contact information out there multiple times if I was in hiding Wink Laughing

In fact, one of our customers flew in from CO right before Christmas to visit her son right outside Philadelphia and I visited her to let her borrow an SP since she left hers home. Now she knows my face Exclamation Yikes.

We all look forward to your future contributions on the board and hope you stay an active member to better inform and share information among your peers Wink

So, how is all that information and humor for the morning after holiday? Too early for me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
James
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi James,

Thanks for your lenghty answer, also I got your mail informing me that you will send out the quasar today. I'm sure you understand my worries, as we female are very prone to buy almost anything to be/stay beautiful Very Happy. I understand the FDA process is a lot of paperwork, so my next question is ofcourse was all addressed and is it FDA approved yet? or still in the process?

I will be receiving the quasar very soon and I will keep everyone informed:)
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, I read the FDA warning and there was nothing there that alarmed me at all. Plus it was issued to another company that they purchased, not Advanced Therapeutics. All the warnings had nothing to do with the specifics of the device and how it performed in general, strictly paperwork and process related. I would say nothing to worry about and plenty I've seen on other companies, according to my father-in-law who's a retired state judge. Just enjoy your device when it comes in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
To Annie I do no want to sound negative but just as an answer the FDA letter is addressed to Quantum Skincare then when you look up at http://www.dayspamag.com/resources/index.htm You will find Quantum skincare with the link to http://www.cosmeticlight.com/ which brings you back to advanced therapeutics.
I ofcourse hope it will work, i wasn't doubting at all because of the raves untill on another thread someone mentioned something about another company, that lead me to this.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |