Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
To Annie I do no want to sound negative but just as an answer the FDA letter is addressed to Quantum Skincare then when you look up at http://www.dayspamag.com/resources/index.htm You will find Quantum skincare with the link to http://www.cosmeticlight.com/ which brings you back to advanced therapeutics.
I ofcourse hope it will work, i wasn't doubting at all because of the raves untill on another thread someone mentioned something about another company, that lead me to this.

Acquisitions take time Smile
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
Hi James,

Thanks for your lenghty answer, also I got your mail informing me that you will send out the quasar today. I'm sure you understand my worries, as we female are very prone to buy almost anything to be/stay beautiful Very Happy. I understand the FDA process is a lot of paperwork, so my next question is ofcourse was all addressed and is it FDA approved yet? or still in the process?

I will be receiving the quasar very soon and I will keep everyone informed:)

There was always FDA approval, which keeps you under the spotlight for routine inspection or inquiries.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi James,

thanks for clarifying:) happy new year to you to, hope to receive the Quasar soon, my mom is dying to try it out but she will go back to the Netherlands this weekend, so hopefully..Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hkyarrington-Hey, no problem, I didn't take it as negative in any way. I was trying to reassure you, if at all possible, by pointing out that the FDA warning was in fact addressing the PROCESS or lack-thereof, not the PRODUCT or results. My pop-in-law explained that the warning is a pretty routine list of advisements that the FDA doles out. Nothing to be alarmed about at all, unless it had mentioned explosions, burns, scarring or maiming, closing down a business in overwhelming response to customer complaints or injuries. See, doesn't that make you feel better in the grand scheme of things? (Just joking with you.) But, we know just by using the thing that it works! Laughing
[/quote]

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Just wanted to say that yesterday I did receive the Quasar SP, it came with a CD and lots of booklets and instructions, there was one serum included not the other ones, but that doesn't bother me:) I tried it on my mom and later on me, it's too early to see a difference, but I keep you updated. I also use for the last 2 weeks TCA latte, because I'm afraid to do a real TCA peel, that really cleared my skin and made it soft (my skin although not really wrinkled, I'm 36 was in bad condition, I have a 16 mo old and a 4year old and therefor sometimes neglect the whole skincareregime:)) Does anyone else has experience with the TCA latte on the longer term? thanks
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
I also use for the last 2 weeks TCA latte, because I'm afraid to do a real TCA peel, that really cleared my skin and made it soft ... Does anyone else has experience with the TCA latte on the longer term? thanks

Hi! I've never heard of a TCA latte ... can you explain what it does, how it works, how you do it, where you get the products, etc.? I'm very intrigued by this ... Thanks in advance! Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mermaid Girl,

I'm guessing that she's talking about the stuff sold on perfectcomplexion.com. It's a very interesting site with a very interesting approach to skincare. Here's the link for the particular item she's talking about:

http://perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=21
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,

could you, please, post a few links reagrding the safety of long term use of LED devices. I tried to google, but did not find anything useful.

TIA,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe I didn't read any of this thread before ... now I'm totally lemming this unit. I'd probably have to go with the Baby Q, although the SP unit seems very tempting though too. Gosh, first the Clarisonic and now this! Smile

Anyway, I know you need to be careful about the light around your eyes, but has anyone used this on any dark shadow areas close to the eyes?

I think for me, my two major areas of concern are hyperpigmentation and dark circles. I know this unit is supposed to help the pigmentation, but wasn't sure about dark circles (which in my case is thin skin showing the blue beneath it ... if i could increase the collagen under my eyes I'm sure it would make a big difference).

Also, do they sell these with protective eye google thingies if you were to use it near your eyes (although using it yourself I could see how it might be a problem to have your eyes covered ... how would you see what you're doing! Very Happy )
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
has anyone used this on any dark shadow areas close to the eyes?

I have, and it helps with that. They do give you protective eyeball covers so you can use it near to your eyes. Smile
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am too new to Baby Q, but it does come with protective googles.

HTH,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, yes Kate was right about the link, I was very curious. Specially because I'm afraid for a real TCA peel, my mom had once one, and she looked awful for a week or so, and I can't do that. With the TCA Latte, i'm using for 11 days now, I started to peel around 2,3 days, I then have a warm compress and the skin comes right off, so there is now down... so far it made my skin nice and soft and glowing, I'm not sure in the long run what it will do in respect to wrinkles (excuse me if my English isn't perfect, I'm Dutch living for 3 years in the USA). So I was hoping someone might be out there using it longer?
AJRN
5% products discount

Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Smile Yes ladies, it does come with protective eye goggles but I do not use them. I am just careful to close the eye that I am working on. I have seen such a tremendous change in my skin since using the Quasar. You will certainly not be sorry that you got it. My husband commented to me just a while ago how great my skin looks. I spoke with him about purchasing the SpaGirl System Microdermabrasion machine. He asked me is it battery or electric. I told him the consumer model is battery and the other is A/C and battery. Then he comments--well you will want to get the A/C. WELL, that is my Christmas present. Then he said to me what was the Quasar for? I told him my birthday gift!! He really knows how much I want to look good and keep myself looking like this---he really doesn't have a problem with it. Do think it's because he is re-doing a 1959 MGA and spending thousands on this car? HMMMMMMM!!!

Laughing Addie
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Mermaid Girl,

I'm guessing that she's talking about the stuff sold on perfectcomplexion.com. It's a very interesting site with a very interesting approach to skincare. Here's the link for the particular item she's talking about:

http://perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=21

Thank you so much Katee! I really appreciate that you posted that for me. <runs off to look at website>
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have a question, I just received the Quasar SP, when I look to the lights burning I only see 12 of 24 burning? is that correct? thanks
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
never mind I got an answer from James Smile :

"12 LEDs are infrared. The human eye cannot see infrared light, but they are on Wink

James"
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Popping in to say the TCA Latte is great -- AVOID YOUR NOSTRILS. It irritates the mucus membranes and I broke out TERRIBLY there, just from carelessness.

I do the TCA Peel every Sunday night, and have had no flaking or peeling, but have cleared some clogged pores that have been there for MONTHS. TCA and beg oils + EOs have made my acne-prone orange peel skin into clear, even- toned skin. (Okay, avoiding cheese, chocolate, and ocffee does wonders, too.) I have a couple of tiny sun damage spots that I am still working on. And I use the TCA on an age spot on my wrist that is very stubborn, but I am stubborner.

perfectcomplexion has been wunderbar ally to me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I am checking it out on EBay and almost ready to push buy, but have ONE more question (sorry Katee). Do you think the firmness is caused in any way by swelling or do you feel like your face looks puffy or swollen? When I go get my IPL's at the med/spa my face swells up like a balloon for 4-5 days and I have moderate bruising. (Finger on the checkout button!! Laughing )

i am really surprised to hear you get mild bruising after IPL. is the setting too high? i have been getting it for a year and never have any side effects. does it hurt??
aussiegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
can anyone recommend a reputable website they have shopped on before (and actually received the goods!) for the baby quasar? i am always a little skeptical about ebay to be honest. many thanks!
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
aussiegirl wrote:
can anyone recommend a reputable website they have shopped on before (and actually received the goods!) for the baby quasar? i am always a little skeptical about ebay to be honest. many thanks!

Hi -

We actually facilitate the eBay auctions (user is advanced therapeutics) and Amazon sales.

Probably the most popular way to order is on the website:www.AdvanThera.com or via phone 800.944.1523
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
aussiegirl wrote:

you can always buy direct....www.AdvanThera.com

Laughing james -- we must've been typing at the same time!
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:

I do the TCA Peel every Sunday night, and have had no flaking or peeling,

wow that is incredible, my mom did a 15% and I did a party 12,5 TCA peel from MUA, she got really red and she really didn't feel okay for a couple of days, and the skin was peeling a lot. For me too my skin was about white of peeling for about a week Sad maybe julie has a better TCA?
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I just caved last night and bought one direct from their website. I can't WAIT to try it!!!! I really would have loved the SP model, but just couldn't handle the cost. Sad I'm sure I'll be completely pleased with the Baby model though! Very Happy
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered two Baby Quasar from James for my sisters yesterday! Very Happy
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
power1080 wrote:
I just ordered two Baby Quasar from James for my sisters yesterday! Very Happy

Why, oh why, don't I have a sister like you Wink Laughing ?

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |