Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I use both the stick and the balm in the jar everyday. I keep a stick in my desk at work and reapply probably 5 times or so throughout the day. (The air is really dry in my office.) I mostly use the balm at home just because the stick is a little more convenient. I have been toying with the idea of getting an extra lip brush for work so that I can use the balm there as well. It seems as though it's a better value than the stick, and it's such an appealing consistency and texture.
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:42 am      Reply with quote
glee wrote:
I got a free sample of this wonderful lip balm when i re-order my Night Rythmic Ampoules. And is has since became my favorite lip balm! It's very soothing, doesn't have much fragrance (which i fear) and it's leaving my lips soooooo soft. thumbs up!

i will give a try next time

i am with carmex at the moment...i quite like the one from elizabeth arden~
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I bought the pot and I have really enjoyed it. I think it gave me lip pimples though! Has anyone else experienced this?
moonshadow
5% products discount

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I using it every night before going to bed, it moisture my lip in the next day, good try.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love this stuff!!! Nothing keeps my lips as hydrated as the Dr H. lip balm and lip care stick!!! Both of which taste pretty good too! I haven't come across a lip treatment that I like nearly as much as this. Not even Fresh's sugar lip treatment
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I love it too - but it's a toss up between that and Balm Balm (which I also adore).
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I've heard a lot of good things about balm balm. Does it taste good?
Hannah-Louise
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just about to order my next order and was thinking about buying either L'Occitane Creamy Honey Lip Balm or Dr H. Anyone tried both?
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just repurchased the balm though today. I LOVE IT!!! I live in Denver where it is really dry and it does such a nice job of keeping my lips in good shape.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:22 am      Reply with quote
is it been really sunk into your lip's skin?
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
can't live without it.
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I really like it- it doesn't feel greasy and the (light orange?) scent is appealing
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:22 am      Reply with quote
felinehhy wrote:
is it been really sunk into your lip's skin?

I'm not sure that any balms really get absorbed too much - they sit on top of the lips. I think that's why you have to reapply them so often. They soften and moisturize from the outside.

Any wiser people out there know about the biology of the skin on your lips?
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
excellent lip balm - does what it says on the tin! I use the stick more often as its easier to slip into a bag or pocket.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
My last post for the night....this is a great product and one of the BEST lip products out there. It remeinds me to purchase this instead of the John Masters next time.....
imbossy

Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I personally don't think it's the best.

I love it the first time but after awhile, I noticed that my lips became addicted(?) to it so if I don't apply every few minutes, it became real dry. Confused
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
My lips have a tendency to get addicted to lip balms too, especially medicated ones. Anything that tingles on my lips is pretty much a no-no. Which is a shame, cause I LOVE the tingle! I found if I didn't always have lip balm on my lips, they'd get painfully dry. I went back to good old fashioned Vaseline and my lips have never been softer. This product sounds so heavenly though, smelling of rose and vanilla........sigh! I must resist!!
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
this was my favorite product..

until i discovered it has st. john's wort in it

it's highly photosensitizing, and its in the entire dr. hauschka line. ugh
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I used the stick and the balm a couple of years ago. I think the tin with the balm was very small for its price. It didn't last me for longer than two or three weeks.

The lip balm stick was quite nice, and due to the higher amount of waxes it goes a long way compared to the balm in the tin. Still, I bought it just once. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:25 am      Reply with quote
This sounds nice! hope this will be my favorite like Dr.Hauschka rejuvenating mask.

I love Dr.Hauschka..!!!
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
sgresnic wrote:
I love it too - but it's a toss up between that and Balm Balm (which I also adore).

I actually prefer Balm Balm to Dr H lip balm - I find it hydrates better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
graceless_lady wrote:
sgresnic wrote:

I actually prefer Balm Balm to Dr H lip balm - I find it hydrates better.

So do I... Although I like the Dr. H in a tub too. I just don't like the stick - it doesn't do anything for me. Crying or Very sad

(at least I didn't have to buy it since it was a free gift - thanks EDS!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
this is an excellent lip balm. I use it throughout the day and it keeps mt lips moisturised all day and night.

So my lipstick doesnt crease with this product underneath

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I love the smell of this lip balm, but to me it is not longlasting enough.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I love the Dr.H. lip balm too. I recently decided to try a different one and purchased the L'Occitane Creamy Honey Lip Balm which I did not like at all. There were these tiny lumps of something in the lip balm and I ended up throwing away the pot. It was truly an awful lip balm. Dr. H. is so much better.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |