Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has used the
Lightstim Led light.

I would like to know how your experience has been?

If you could share that would be great.

Thank You.
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Tamera,
You're a doll for starting this new thread! One of the reasons I always turn to this forum before I make any beauty purchases is how responsive & helpful everyone is on these forums. Can't wait to read the responses!
Maria

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree. I have learned so much from the EDS. Sometimes I don't post and I just read. But, I am at the age, where I want the best for my skin and health.

Thanks for responding.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I've asked some questions from Craig at Lightstim.

Here was his answers.

Hi Tammy,

The lightStim uses 4 different wave lengths between 600nm and 1000nm. It has 72 lights in a 2 1/2 inch head. The main difference is that the quasar housing is made of aluminum, our is made of high quality plastic.

One thing I can say about the power and effect is this: A large medical equipment company asked us if they could test our light to use as an attachment to their medical machine. They also tested the baby quasar and others. They chose our light and submitted it for FDA aproval. The aproval is not through yet but that was a complete tested comparison and the LightStim came out on top.

Price was not an issue because we are making a custom metal case light for them that compares in price to the quasar.

The pulsing action has proven to be non-significant with regards to effect.

hope that helps,

best,Craig Baird
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Personally I don't plan on buying any LED device at this time but I am very curious about them. I feel that I need to do more research to see if LED photo rejuvenation is safe and effective.

However, I want to thank you bringing this product to our attention. I thought it would be helpful to include a link to the Lightstim website since they have a lot of information. http://www.lightstim.com/index.html I think that our forum members should know about all available options so that they can investigate themselves and decide which device is best for them!
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
i emailed them as well with some specific scientific questions. ill post them as i recieve them
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you.

I agree. I am just like you. I want the best for my money. Not Hype.

Thanks Jeffer for the email to Lightstim.

And TheresaL Thanks for the link.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
If you do purchase it, let us know how you liked it and if it worked. Also let us know the routine you used to get your results, such as length of session and how often according to your face type. Thanks for starting the new thread. It would be great to have a cheaper alternative so that everyone could have one that wants one. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes AnnieR. I agree.

I am getting close to purchasing and will post any and all experience I have with it.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I was coming to your thread to tell/ask you what Annie already did...LOL But here's my own thanks for starting this thread.. I hope too, that everyone can get what they want and get the results they want!

I'll be reading what you find out with interest... Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Yes I agree Kiki.
I just want the best that will work for me.

I want to grow old gracefully. Might as well look good while doing it. Ha HA LOL

I will let you know how everything works.
T

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Tamera, I've always said, I can't do a thing about getting older, but I'm gonna fight it ALL the way! Laughing

I'm so grateful we've all found this forum and each have things we can all bring to it..

OK, end of my threadjack... Laughing Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I have a Baby Q but am definitely interested in the Lightstim. I like the fact that it has more lights and a larger head which should reduce the treatment time.
Janna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Jeffer,
I look forward to reading the info you obtain from the company.

Tamara,
Go ahead and get it! Smile Quickly! Be on the cutting edge! (Can you tell I want someone to hurry up and be the first test subject so I can get the full scoop? Laughing )
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Yes that is a good point.
Someone else who had the BQ said that it took a long time because the head was small.

So this is a plus that the head is bigger.
I work 9 hours a day, I am a wife, a Mother a Church Music Director. I don't have alot of time to be doing treatments.

If it will reduce the time, that will be better. It states on the website that the head has a 2 1/2 inch head. By the process of encroachment the effects spread to about 4 inches in diameter. This makes your anti aging facial treatments take little time.

So. I am seriously thinking about trying one.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I have just purchased LightStim.
After reading it has 72 lights with a broader range and less time for treatments.

It will be shipped out tomorrow and let you know how I like it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you Tamara! I am sooooo looking forward to hearing how well you like it. If it works, I am jumping on board. Did you call them to order? Or did you do it over the internet?
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I called them. They were very nice.
And for the price, it was worth trying.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
TameraT wrote:
I called them. They were very nice.
And for the price, it was worth trying.

Plus they have the 90 day satisfaction guarantee (- restocking fee; I don't personally recall what the guarantee is on the BQ to do a comparision, but I'm sure they have a guarantee of some sort). You should be able to see results within that time frame to know if its working or not and whether you like it or not.

Please keep us posted. I'm very interested to learn more about this product!

Thanks in advance!
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I will keep you posted Mermaid Girl.

I just got an email from Lightstim. Looks like they are sending to me Priority. So, the sooner the better.

T

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Tamera, this indeed looks promising. I'll be waiting for your review and first impressions when it arrives. At less than $250 for the anti-aging pkg, it will be a steal if it works!
Janna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you Tamara! I am sooooo looking forward to hearing how well you like it. If it works, I am jumping on board. Did you call them to order? Or did you do it over the internet?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I like the fact that it has a larger head and takes less time to cover an area. I can't wait to hear, and although I love my James Bond-ish baby Q it does take a while, which is definately a con. I wish you had both to compare results. Hey, maybe somebody can take the plunge (other than me)!!! Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah in the picture on their website, it shows her putting it on the cheek area, and it almost covers the whole area.

That should cut down on time.

Also it looks like it has a rubberish handle, which may give a better grip then metal?

We will see SOON ! ! !

Both of my hands (on top) are the same.
I will try on one hand first, and leave the other. I will be able to tell this way too.

I will take pictures.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks TameraT for starting this thread. I do have a BQ, but interested to know the results with the lightstim.

I too like the fact that it has a larger head and takes less time to cover each area. Wink

Looking forward to hearing your results!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |