Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I used mine for the first time last night too. Even tho it arrived the day before I waited till my hubby was away to pull out yet another weird item.

I read through the instructions and used the cream that was provided, began the treatment while watching tv and about 5-10 minutes later I wished I'd started earlier since it was quite late and I was really tired. Much to my surprise the power went out just at that moment and I was in the dark! Hoping it didn't damage anything I unplugged and stumbled to bed. Had a difficult time falling asleep but this morning I did notice a couple of things.

First of all my face looks less sunken. I thought perhaps I'm puffy from lack of sleep, but it's not really that kind of look. My lips appear to be more... something. It's hard to describe, they're not bigger but seem more plump I'd say. Also my right eyelid which is typically a little droopy in the morning looked ok. I thought I'd look worse after less sleep than I like to get but I looked ok and makup went on well.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the LS had something to do with it, but I'll have to see what happens next treatment. I don't really notice much difference texture wise but it does feel a bit more 'springy'

I'm a pretty big skeptic so for now I'll say so far so good?
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
You know Dahli

I thought about that too, and was going to post it about my lips, but I did not.
I thought people would think I am crazy Shock noticing my lips are plumper after only 1 treatment. Funny you should say that too.

I did notice it.
WHY:I have a big tendancy to bite my lip while driving to work (a long way and traffic makes me nervous).
Well, when I began to bite my lip, I noticed it was harder to reach (I know-I know it sounds funny). But, my lips were DEFINITLY plumper or bigger, whatever you want to call it. Can't explain it ! but they were. Kind of feels like I have a swollen lip, and it don't look like a swollen lip.

I did know my face is much plumper this morning. When I looked in the mirror right after getting up, I thought to myself (Boy my face is puffy-did I sleep flat on my face?)

I will continue another post after next treatment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I used my LS for the first time last night as well. Would you ladies please share your treatment technique? I find that the size of the head allows for 3 treatments on the side of the face/cheek area, 1 treatment for the chin/lip & 2 treatments for the forehead? Is this how you are doing it? Do you also hold the unit over your nose area? Also, how long do you spend on 1 area? I kind of wish it had a timer on it, like I think the BQ has.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I Did similar to what you did. I just estimated the time.

I did hold it over my nose. I think I had it in one place a little longer sometimes. But the light is so bright when holding it over the nose. I will get the Tanning goggles so I can hold it there a bit longer. Even though I close my eyes, I am very sensitive to bright lights. So the goggles will help.

This is how I did it, I was laying across my bed, had the LS plugged in, then reading a book at the same time. So I kind of lost track of how much time I spend in each place. I would say at least about 2 minutes in each place.

I called Sally's Beauty Supply and they have the Tanning Goggles for 2.99 so on the way home from work I will stop and get the Goggles,so that I can get closer to my eye area, without that bright light. But the LS head does cover a bigger area. I do like that.

When I held it over the chin area, it goes automatically over the lips too with a bigger head.

I think the more I do it, I will have a better technique.

But I started on the right side of the chin area, then went upward around the forward and down to the left side.

Then I concentrated on the Nose, Chin and Cheek areas.

Hope this helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for sharing your method. This makes sense, and also falls in line with the 20 minutes of treatment time, since it sounds like you are doing 10 treatments total. I will also pick up the goggles today at Sally's. Do you know if the light would affect your eyes? I know it penetrates pretty deep into the dermal layers of the skin. I wonder if it would affect your eyes in any way?
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I concentrated on the eyebrow/forehead area, cheeks/NL area and then mouth chin area, I didn't do my nose... I'm confused on the reason for doing that area? Still liking the mouth effect. It's not a big difference but it's definitely 'there'

The instructions provide three different treatment types. I used the first which is up to 90 seconds per area.

Like Tamera I was doing something else at the same time - (watching TV), so likely wasn't keeping track of the time as well as I should.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Leidon:
On another forum several mentioned don't go right over the eyeball. But the LS book didn't mention that.

Since I am a "better safe than sorry", I will put the goggles on. I will also cover the small hole with some black tape or something so that the light don't affect my eyeball area anyway. "Better safe than sorry" ha ha.
The light is very bright and does penetrate the skin. You can see it in the surrounding tissues. Pinkish.

I want to get the best treatment I can around the eyes, since under my eyes are starting to have a few lines (or sagging issues) ha ha.

Dahli: I only do the nose is because I have some broken capillarys on the top part of the nose. We will see if it works. Plus the light is so big, that it goes other places too.

P.S. I have taken alot of before pictures. About 12+ of them, different views. Close ups too. EEGGGGH !

In about 1 month I will post the after IF I see a difference. I won't post the befores until after I see a difference. ha ha

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
The LS manual suggests doing facial exercises & now I am thinking of investing in one of those devices that are suppose to do that, ie. dermal tone. Has anyone tried one of these facial muscle stimulating machines?
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have not personally used a Dermal Tone, but is sounds like something I want to look into.

But have heard others talking about it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. Smile
I've read most of the baby Q thread and all of this one. I also called and spoke with James at Advanced Theraputics. He told me that the number of "jouls per second" was the most important thing for effectiveness. Does anyone know anything about this? Has anyone compared the two in this manner?
I'm having a hard time understanding how the Lightstim can be as good as the Baby Q , when there is such a big difference in price.
How much IS the Lightstim, anyway? Wasn't it on sale and isn't anymore?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have the dermal tone and the dermal wand... not sure if either one had much effect. Perhaps like with anything it is a matter of diligence and consistency...

The price of the LS was around $200 - not that much different than the original BQ price I saw of $250 but not sure what the reason either would have to be more than that - but that's just me.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Andrea38.

I do not know why the price difference, but I can tell you, I like the head on the LS.

You can get more done in less time.

And I've only done 2 treatments and I can tell a difference.

Also the BQ has risen in price to arround 400.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Ok. I don't know if it is too soon to say this? but I am going to say it.

I've had some little bumps under my eye and I forgot what the Dermatologist called them.Some fancy name. I've had them there for about 2 years at least.
Well. The Derm said she could laser them off but the cost was alot and of course insurance didn't pay for it.

So.... I just learned to live with them. They were NOT horribly bad, but I knew they were there and a little self conscious at times.

I now have the Lightstim. I've done 2 long treatments. I will not say YET that it was the Lightstim, but when I got up this morning, I thought my face looked pretty good? Ok.

But I couldn't put my finger on it. I have a huge closet door mirror in my bedroom. I just got real close to the mirror and looking at my face and around my eyes. I still couln't put my finger what was different, but something was.
I know my skin was tighter.
My chin looks better and the Capilaries are not showing as much.
Ok. . what else.
Look around the eyes, hey, where are those bumps???
I looked harder? I could barely see them. Honest to God. They are almost gone. They are still there, but have SHRUNK considerbly to the point of having to really look to see them.

BOY I AM HAPPY ABOUT THAT. If only the LS does that it is worth it to me.

But I have just began.

I will continue.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I HAD a broken cap under my left eye for about 3 years. I have only done two treatments with the LS & I noticed this morning that the little grey line is gone! I also noticed that I woke up to glowing skin. But, I have to also say that I did start using Skinceuticals C+E+Ferulic simultaneously with the LS. So, the glow could be attributed to the serum? But, the disappearance of the broken cap definitely must be from the LS. I'll keep you posted with my continued results, but am thrilled at the results so far from just 2 treatements.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Leidon. Yeah me too. After just 2 treatments, my skin seems tighter too.

And I looked at my chin where I have some broken caps, and I really have to use a 4x compact magnification to see them, they are still there but much lighter.

And I tend to hold the LS for about 2 minutes at LEAST and sometimes more.
Last night I was laying in bed, and kind of kept dozing off 1/2 awake. ha ha

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
This thing fixes broken caps? It must work on rosacea (sp?) too, right? If any of you gals who are using the product have a tendency toward redness on the cheek area (like light rosacea/broken caps) please let us know how the LightStim is working for you!

I was considering IPL but after reading another thread here on it, the results don't sound so great and your skin eventually returns to its original condition, so it also sounds like a waste of $.

If LS reduces redness to any great degree AND fixes broken caps, I am SOOOOO getting this thing!
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl

All I can say is I do have alot of redness in my face. I've only done 2 treatments, but it has seemed to reduce it a little so far. I still have a few places that are red.

But I can DEFINITLY tell you right after I use it, I am as white as a ghost. There is NO RED.I mean white as a sheet. Ha Ha. So, if it reduce the inflamation during use, it may continue on. Thats what I am hoping for.

As far as the caps go, they seem to be lightening. But I will know more after more treatments.

I am doing treatments every day. 2nd so far. Tonight 3rd.But I don't leave it for 90 seconds. I leave it for about 2 minutes at least.

I will post here often. So check back.
TameraT

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking about IPL for broken caps/rosacea too. Please let us know how it works. I am also a bit discouraged after reading the thread regarding IPL not working.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:56 am      Reply with quote
And please let us know if it does anything for droopy skin (eyes, yaw-line) and acne scars (if anybody has any).
Looking forward to future updates.
Rubby Wink

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
majica72
5% products discount

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
It simply came down to a matter of price for me when deciding between the Baby Quasar or the Lightstim. They both appear to offer very similar results. I guess time will tell. I will report my finding once my Lightstim arrives. BTW - when using IPL several years ago, it was great for lightening my freckles and it also completely removed a few tiny broken capillaries around my nose area - they haven't returned since. My skin also glowed and plumped up for several months after the last treatment. I can't report on redness as I don't have any facial redness. I had no negative effects, only positive results with IPL. The only reason I'm not continuing with IPL now is because it's just too expensive. I need a course of treatments for the pigmenation that returned following pregnancy and am hoping the Lightstim will produce the same results as IPL over a longer span of time. I'm not expecting LED to work as quickly as IPL since it's not as powerful but anticipate that regular treatments will have the same results (here's hoping, fingers crossed).
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I probaly buy it too. Your too convincing
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have something interesting to report.
This happend on Friday night 10/27/06
As you know, the LED lights take away inflamation. SOMETHING bit my 9 year old on the leg.

My daughter is allergic to spider bites, mosquito bites. They swell up, and become red 2-3 inches around in circle.

Very red. 2-3 inch round circle.

I thought about it. And went and got the LED light. I put it on her leg where the bites was. Of course my 9 year old daughter started laughing hysterically. "YOU PUT A LIGHT ON MY LEG" I said, BE STILL and quiet.

Well. I left it on there for about 3 minutes.
With a 9 year old yapping at me.

In about 5 minutes she mentioned that the itching was gone.

Then in about 2 hours, the swelling had gone down and also the redness had 90% gone except for the bite itself.

Hmmm. She has not complained about the bite since.

Last time she got bit in the same are, we took her to Kaiser and she had to have antibiotics.

This is just my story.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Well. I've done about 5 treatments total so far. From what I can tell:
* My skin is much tighter.Noticeable.
* More softer.
* More even toned.
* And the line in between the eyebrows is getting a bit smaller.

Will report more later.

5% products discount

Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Smile Smile hello everybody, i am cindy. i've been reading all posts and decided to order one yesterday. i'll post results later.you can buy just the light now without their products.it costs $189. i can't wait. Tamara, do u use haluronic serum with ls,or just your regular skincare with it. i've read BQ posts and people have hbeen using ha serum with it. cheers. Angel

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:18 am      Reply with quote
hi Tamera. I really appreciate this thread.Thankyou. I'm heading toward getting a LightSTim for christmas, so I'm following your every move, here!

I was interested in your daughter's bite treatment, there. That was pretty good wasnt it. Smile

Lately I've been looking at facial acupuncture, which people like Madonna have regularly, for cosmetic purposes. I was looking into doing it on myself,( you can learn the relevant points to treat, from books) and buying a laser especially made for acupuncture puposes - like a laser pen.

Then I read that acupuncturists are discussing the pro's and cons of laser treatment versus LED treatment, instead of needles.

And so I thought - if you're using an LED light all over your face, it must be stimulating the acupuncture points, if they use LED for facial acupuncture..
and then I thought, maybe the LED could be used for home acupuncture.
I have various DIY acupressure books, and I use acupressure quite a bit on me and my kids.
So maybe the LightStim could be more useful than just for cosmetic reasons..
so it's great to hear about your creative way of using it.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |