Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
TameraT wrote:
I continue to use my lightstim. And I love it. I like how my skin feels.

In the past 2 weeks, I've received 2 un-asked for comments on my skin. Someone asked me what kind of vitamins I was taking to make my skin look so good.

Yesterday, Feb 14, A worker at Sally Beauty supply asked me, what I was using on my face. Let her know and she will get it too? OH my.

Well to say the least, that has made me even more gung ho. I look at my face and say "I can't tell what they are seeing, because I still see little spot here, but I can say, I do have a major difference in my skin tone, my skin is MUCH plumper, and lines seems like they are slowly going away, (at least they are going away). I've used the LS for about 3-4 months. And I love it ! ! !

My skin is thicker, creamier feeling, plumper. Redness is less. Now to lose weight.

I'm getting over a monster flu so I'm not looking my best so I'd be surprised if anyone noticed my skin past my red, red, nose. What I can see is the definate improvement in my breakout areas and my skin is less red (except my poor nose from using kleenex to much).

I did get a second Lightstim at the sale price, that way I can use one for travel.

Quote:
Now to lose weight.

Me too!!!!!!! Laughing
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
TameraT wrote:
...I've used the LS for about 3-4 months. And I love it ! ! !

My skin is thicker, creamier feeling, plumper. Redness is less. Now to lose weight.

Hi, Tamera, how often are you using it nowadays?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone holding the LightStim like you're holding a phone with your shoulder, so you can brush your teeth and won't feel like you're wasting so much time?
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use it about every other day. Only, because I find it very relaxing when in bed. I have trouble falling asleep, but when I am forced to close by eyes because of the bright light, I find myself dozing off, then jumping realizing I still have the Lighstim on. It don't happen right away, but I get a good 15-20 minutes in before putting it in the drawer and dozing off.

This is how I do it? I have an extension cord hanging on to my headboard on the side. I take my lightstim out of the drawre (of course after I wash my face and put creams etc.), plug it in. Plug it in.

I am asuming this has increased the collegen alot. Actually, it has increased my skin thickness so much, when I touch my skin, I don't recognize my own skin. ha ha.

For you that has the flu and the red nose, put the light on the redness. Maybe it will take the redness away. Worth a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
You use it after you put on your night cream, Tamera? Hmm.. I wonder if that's helpng you get these fab results.

I'm not seeing a difference yet, but I've only had it for about a month and a half. It's probably too soon. I've been using it on a bare face too. Maybe I need to put cream under it.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I do do my whole treatment:

Wash face.
Put eye cream on.
Put serums
Put moisterizer cream or emu oil.

I think that might be the answer for me.

For you, it don't hurt to try.
The light gets a little warm, so maybe it pushes it into the skin more ? ? ?

It's worth a try, if you have not tried it.
Let me know what you think after you try?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I use it very last thing too, so it's over whatever products I'm using.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Where can you get this?
ckeatts

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
LizaA,

Just plug in lightstim and you can find it on the internet.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tamera! I'll try it the next few times and report back.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know I can use this after applying my cream. I always struggle with remembering to use it first thing after I cleanse my face.
majica72
5% products discount

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi All. I'm back! It's been a while I know. It's great to catch up on everyone's progress. I have been using my Lightstim since mid-December 06 and can report that I don't have anymore hormonal acne breakouts (as long as I used it every day). Once I missed two consecutive days and bang - out they popped. It definitely works at clearing up my skin. I can't see any difference in my pigmentation yet though. I can however see a slight softening of fine lines around the eyes and brow. Overall I'm rather pleased, especially with the clearness of my skin - no breakouts anymore - that in itself is worth the purchase Very Happy
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Ive always had breakouts and for me i havent noticed any change with the lightstim. In fact my breakouts got a little worse while using it - which could be due to hormones or whatever.

I was wondering if anyone else has had more breakouts and if it could be due to me placing the device directly on my skin. I do clean it every couple of days with rubbing alcohol.

Still debating on whether im keeping it or not.
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,

I purchased my lightstim after researching through all the post on LED machines etc. my skin in general isn't too bad but i do get the odd hormonal spot that takes ages to go away and have a few very minimal scars from past breakouts .im still young enough not to suffer wrinkles but think prevention is better than cure.

so when i first started using it my skin had broken out a bit because of a sample face mask i used Rolling Eyes and had some red marks from the break outs. the first few days of use i didnt really notice much difference but after using it most days (nearly everyday) for 2 weeks my skin has really improved. the breakout healed much quicker than normal , i havent had anymore breakouts not even hormonal ,the scars and dry patches have healed to and are now barely visible plus i have a nice glow Very Happy so all in all im impressed and cant wait to see the results after 2-3 months
majica72
5% products discount

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
How long have you been using it for MB? I don't recall seeing any improvement for at least 3-4 weeks. I apply it directly on top of the area aswell.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I believe im at exactly 4 weeks today.

I just started 2 nights ago using a vit c serum which seems to be doing something. Although thats whats so confusing about using new products at once - cant tell which is doing what - but the serum was on sale and so I felt "forced" into getting it now.

I know i have 2 more months to try the lightstim - but as stated before - my boss bought it for her salon and im just testing it for her since Im the one who told her about the raves on this board. i feel bad to say to her every week "can i try for one more???" Although I will say that although my breakouts seem to be a little worse - my skin MAY be slightly firmer than before. Its hard to tell -but overall id say my face looks a little different. Now this is coming from me - no one else has said a thing.

I also want to try the facemaster - that had more positive reviews than negative. (im 34 but have very low brows and not so firm skin). Again it would be hard to see what device was doing what if i used both. i may just have my boss send the lightstim back - try this vit c serum for awhile - then the facemaster and THEN if they dont work - order the lightstim again myself.... IM SO CONFUSED Smile
ckeatts

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I have been using lightstim, since right before Christmas, 2006. I have had occasional breakouts and they heal up faster. But, the greatest news is, a friend of mine just came back from Peru, and saw my face when I first started using LS, and she noticed a big difference in my face. So, I haven't seen much change, but she did. So, all, be patient. I am trying to. I do have a facemaster and I haven't started using it. I don't see why it would hurt to use it with LS. I use LS 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night after I clean my face and put all my creams and lotions on. Good luck!!
stella416
5% products discount

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys! I am pretty new on this, and I am very interested in find out more on LED machines. But I have some questions. I saw they have red and blue led light plus infra-red light.
What's is the difference between the LightStim and some others I found?
Besides the prices, of course. Because the size seems to me much bigger, like a double panel.
Please, check this out and tell what you think or know.
Website is light4beauty.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Stella Very Happy
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Stella.

you'd be best off asking the people who sell it, just to make sure..

But from the UK where I bought my LightStim, they also sold a unit that you could just sit in front of, which had a double panel.

I decided against it as I wanted to use the hand held device for stretch marks on my abdomen, swollen tissue on my ankle, and just.. wherever!

I guess it's a matter of personal preference!

hth
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Hi Stella.

But from the UK where I bought my LightStim, they also sold a unit that you could just sit in front of, which had a double panel.

I decided against it as I wanted to use the hand held device for stretch marks on my abdomen, swollen tissue on my ankle, and just.. wherever!

hth

Catski,
I gave up using Lightstim on my stretch marks. I am concentrating on my face only just to give it a fair chance before sending it back. I really don't see any difference, and I've been using it religiously for 3 weeks now. I even lived through my bf's calling me an alien when he saw me holding the LS on my cheek. :P Anyway, what I was wondering was couldn't you use the double panel on your tummy as well? I thought that would go much faster since it's bigger.

Also Catski, have you tried helichrysum oil on your stretch marks? I tried it per Scally's recommendation, and I'm ordering another one already. I bought a 5 ml size to try, but I can feel that it will be the answer to my stretch marks woe. My tummy feels smoother, and I could barely see the lines. I took pictures after 4 days of using it, and I'll take more pictures after a month.

Cherisse
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
[quote="chinachatters I ordered the Buerer laser early this morning after doing a lot of reading. I'll use it and also use my LightStim (which I love). AFter three weeks of light stim I can see that my face is firm than before.

I still have more reading: this is my search page from google -

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=LED+vs.+laser+anti-aging+light&btnG=Search[/quote]

After reading your post I let it flutter about in my mind for awhile then I remembered I have a coupon for $20 dollars at the Shopping Channel and I ordered a Buerer and got it for $92 dollars. I remember they were almost $170.00 when I first saw them advertised on the Shopping Channel. I'll use it for the obvious veins on my face and see if that helps.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I'll be interested to hear how it works for you.

I was going to return mine because I don't like holding my arm up for so long to aim it. However, they won't take it back because it's used - so I will continue shining it on my deep creases in conjunction with using the LightStim all over.

It's beginning to look like I have too much free time.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
catski wrote:
Hi Stella.

hth

Catski,
I gave up using Lightstim on my stretch marks. I am concentrating on my face only just to give it a fair chance before sending it back. I really don't see any difference, and I've been using it religiously for 3 weeks now. I even lived through my bf's calling me an alien when he saw me holding the LS on my cheek. :P Anyway, what I was wondering was couldn't you use the double panel on your tummy as well? I thought that would go much faster since it's bigger.

Also Catski, have you tried helichrysum oil on your stretch marks? I tried it per Scally's recommendation, and I'm ordering another one already. I bought a 5 ml size to try, but I can feel that it will be the answer to my stretch marks woe. My tummy feels smoother, and I could barely see the lines. I took pictures after 4 days of using it, and I'll take more pictures after a month.

Cherisse

hello sweetpea.

Yes my tummy is pretty big, so I guess I could have bought the double panel, Or a triple. Cool But I'm also lazy and I do it in bed, so I'm happy with it being hand held. I use it for acupuncture points too.

I bought the oil that Scally mentioned, too.. I havent been as dedicated with you as you are, because I'm in this super cop + emu oil routine. Maybe I'll switch for a while. When I use the Lightstim for an extended session on my abdomen, the super cop is uncomfortable.. the skin feels sensitised. I'll have a lightstim +Helichryseum phase. Thanks for reminding me about that.

As for seeing results with the Lightstim.. I'm much older than you and that's why I'm seeing the results, I think. You already look very smooth and lovely.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
The lightstim is now being sold on ebay for $174 with free shipping. This is cheaper than the sale price on the lighstim website, where the cost plus shipping comes to $199.67 (189+10.67). If anyone is on the fence, this is a pretty good price for photorejuvenation price. I ordered one.
GetMyYouthBack
5% products discount

Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Pachouli wrote:
The lightstim is now being sold on ebay for $174 with free shipping. This is cheaper than the sale price on the lighstim website, where the cost plus shipping comes to $199.67 (189+10.67). If anyone is on the fence, this is a pretty good price for photorejuvenation price. I ordered one.

I just came here to post that I just bought my Lightstim on ebay two days ago, at the great price that you refer to. Now, I am pacing the floor, anxiously anticipating its arrival!

I recently paid twice that, to have 6 treatments at a spa, that combined the electrical stimulation first, with the light treatment. These treatments were only ONCE a week. I loved, loved the results the day of and the day after the treatment, but then the glow seems to lessen. Now, I will not have the lapse between treatments.('Very Happy')
Very Happy

I will wait about a month before I buy the electric unit (Tua Viso, derma wand etc...)

Thanks!

44, 1/2 okinawan, 1/2 heinz 57 - dry skin, kind of dull in color, TOO MANY wrinkles under eyes when I smile...and puffiness or lumpy fat pads under eyes, looking for the magic pill to get my youth back
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |