Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
NEW MEMBERS: Introductions thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
MCTT

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone like, Mistyann happened upon this site little over 2 weeks ago & have more notes on my desk than dwlgs right now Shock the credit card hasn't left the keyboard. my 1000 hour eyelash stuff came today so gotta go of course if I had read the review further would have gotten blueblack instead of brown found that out last night so I ordered 2ea cuz don't want to run out for @ least 2yrs + JM lash rec'd SAT, L2K & F2F 02/10,Ardell lash cond. 2/22, 1 eyelash curler tarte, waiting on the heated curler I never knew, PSP eye lift and a couple of odds an ends I'm definitly good for the economy. I did take before pixs so hopefully in a month or so there'll be results
on the board to post oh I'm praying they'll be good posts.
thanks for listening and being a great board to read Millie

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

Before i will introduce myself i'd like to thank all the lovely ladies and gentlemen for sharing their experiences, recepies, tips, etc. with all of us. I've allready learned a lot from you guys!

Ok, i'm a 25 y/o (female) student from the Netherlands, so if my englisch sounds very bad, i appologize in advance. My interests are: DIY skincare, MMU and learning about skincare and actives in general.

I had oily acne prone skin but i 'fixed' that with a new skincare-regimen, wich i'm still working on/trying to improve. I would describe my current skin-condition as mentioned in my signature.

I hope that one day my pressence here will be usefull for some people, in the way your posts have been usefull to me.

HTH, Marleen

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am 35 years old with combination skin. I have lived with breakouts for the past few years until a year and a half ago I started getting facials and started using the Dr Renaud product line. Since then I have noticed a huge improvement and can't remember the last time I had a pimple, even when I was pregnant last year. My skin is so sensitive and every time I got a pimple the mark would last for months, so I am very happy to have found something that works for me.
Purple Jewels
5% products discount

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Well, I feel like I found a miracle when I found this place!!!

I'm a 40yr old mother of a two teens. Shock

I spent my younger years sun worshing. (hey
back then no warning against it)
Took care of myself then too.

Then when I had my children, they became
the priority in my life - along with
everything and everyone else. I was last
on the list.

So, now I guess I have become so selfish.
I'm becoming so concerned about what I can
do to improve my looks.

I feel like I'm lost with all this beauty
stuff now. What's a waste of money, what's
good, etc., hence why I'm soooo glad I found
this cool place!!! Cool
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Howdy all! Very Happy

MCTT step away from the credit card! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I am totally new here (this is my first message Very Happy )

I am 33, combination skin with a numer of age spots on my face Confused EDS is great cause I can find a lot different brands and which is cheaper than I buy them from local store....

I read a lot of messages before I register and thus I know there are many nice gals, so happy to meet you all!!
jlcov1
5% products discount

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Thought i'd actually post a message and introduce myself( very scary as never posted on any forum of any kind before)
I've been lurking since before christmas after finding you while searching for Jane Iredale.

I am 36 and married for 18 months. I have been using dermalogica for a few years now. I only ever used to wear make up when I was going out for the evening but the years are catching up with me and have decided it's time to start wearing it everyday. Well base,mascara and lip gloss. Won't stick to it if I had to put the lot on Laughing
jlcov1
5% products discount

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
whoops forgot to say i'm in the uk
chez1947

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I have just found this forum a girl on Makemeheal gave me the link. I am up for anything to try and keep some of my youth I will be 60 next week I had a facelift last year, so you can see how desperate I am not to get 'old' Embarassed I live in the UK and have a daughter of 37 and a granddaughter of 15.
redlimes10

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hiyas, all.....I'm new here and loved what I have already read. You guys are really knowledgable about so many things. I've learned so much here. Hopefully, I can rely on your wisdom, should I have a question. I know you're not all professionals, and I don't just jump into someone's advice too readily, but all of you put together, seem to give me somewhere to start...and I appreciate it.
Well, before this becomes a novel, I'll bid ado, and am so happy to be here. Smile
You'll be hearing from me.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooh more ukers! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to everybody that I haven't said hello to before today. wave

Yes GG I think us UKers may be overtaking the Yanks Dancing (Lori ducks to avoid flying missiles).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I became a member last week but am taking some time to play around and check things out.

I am 27. I am curious as to what products people are using, many I have not heard of.....learning, learning.

See you around....
mumu
T-Marie
5% products discount

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I joined back in january and have been lurking since. Just started posting a few. I am 40 years old and have been active in my skincare routine for just over a year now. I was a member over at "the skincare board" but that site pretty much fizzled out. Some members from there had mentioned that they had traveled to this site and so I followed. I have combo skin with sun damage (age spots,some wrinkling, and freckles) My skin care routine is: Devita cleanser or wheat germ cleanser, DCX for undereye area, spintrap, PSF cranberry eye gel, stimucoll C for eye, emu and HA, and my new love-- Browtox! At night I alternate retin A, skinbio's CP's, and mandelic acid (cleansing and using lots of emu HA at night of course) I also do a long supplement list. Overall, I am very happy with improvement in my skintone, hormonal flareups, and fine lines around my eyes. I still haven't perfected my MMU routine yet to make me happy. I either look flakey or oily(go figure???) Hi Scalawaggirl!!
I had talked with you over at the other board, it is good to hear about your successes!!

Therese

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone~

I am really a new member here, registerd just yesterday.

I am 21, super dry skin before but this year it becomes normal.Sensitive, would be allergic every spring and hope this year don't Sad
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum!
You won't be sorry you joined...you'll love it!
But your credit card won't be so happy Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Welcome to the forum!
You won't be sorry you joined...you'll love it!
But your credit card won't be so happy Laughing

HAHA~~It's true and really a matter~~!
jadewoman

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I am delurking, a 56 yr old with brunette coloring (but a redheaded soul) with lifelong - lets face it, not just oily, but greasy skin. And what’s up with the sudden texture change? All of a sudden I wake up with these creases, and my naso-labial folds…. I could moonlight in one of those horror movies about scary, talking puppets. The warranty on my body ran out mid 40s: eyes needed bifocals, gravity hit those girly areas, and I developed “horrid age spots” on my arms. Eeeeeeew.
But now my skin has the nerve to change. I found EDS via MUA, and my new heroines include Carekate, whose advice and experience has been very beneficial and many other members who have also provided solid help, but expensive lemmings. One thing leads to another… hey, the ylang ylang serum worked, let’s try the hyaluronic acid. Okay, Ardell next, then sea kelp, then orders from TPF and SAS arrive. Then Pearl Crčme, and what! You mean I can wear lip color, if it is that great balm? There goes the tax refund.
Of course there are some things that didn’t work out so well…. Like exuberantly, lavishly, sprinkling lavender EO in the bath, and developing a bladder infection (should have read the bit about carrier oils). Right now I need a sunscreen that doesn’t irritate my weirded out skin. The only thing I ever liked was the SAGE stuff, but I have issues with the customer service.

Personal - married for almost 30 years to an archaeologist who still doesn’t get (but is resignedly tolerant of) all the “girly stuff” - makeup, vintage perfume, and the sudden profusion of vials and actives about the house (luckily, since I am not inclined to explain why sea kelp is now essential to my quality of life).
Have a 23 yr old daughter and as mothers always do, must watch as she makes her own skin care mistakes Rolling Eyes
I'm tremendously impressed with the knowledge, willingness to help, and joie de vivre of this group.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
jadewoman wrote:

Personal - married for almost 30 years to an archaeologist who still doesn’t get (but is resignedly tolerant of) all the “girly stuff” -

<------ This archaeologist loves girly stuff!
What does your husband focus on? I was trained as a Classical archaeologist who focused heavily on Egyptology/Near East and now works in cultural resource management/Native American archaeology in Arizona, writing a thesis on Palestinian/Israeli archaeology. Laughing

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
ParisT- he's in CRM too, for the feds, in Utah. In fact we met doing field work all those eons ago on the mesas of Colorado. Ah, the romance - living in trailers, tents, or guard stations, no plumbing, no running water, sweatlodges, coyotes howling, yep.... kinda makes me misty. Now he's a manager and heavily into flintknapping and lithic technology.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
jadewoman wrote:
ParisT- he's in CRM too, for the feds, in Utah. In fact we met doing field work all those eons ago on the mesas of Colorado. Ah, the romance - living in trailers, tents, or guard stations, no plumbing, no running water, sweatlodges, coyotes howling, yep.... kinda makes me misty. Now he's a manager and heavily into flintknapping and lithic technology.

Yes...no showers...living off of water coolers...the dust blowing...no shade...120 degrees...rattlesnakes and other vermin...Valley Fever!
<tear> I wouldn't have it any other way...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm also new here.Everyone has been very sweet and helpful.The only thing I will not like is my empty wallet. Very Happy
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I'm glad to meet you!
skin care junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member (joined about 1 month ago but just started posting today). I absolutely love this forum, the amount of knowledge the memebers have is absolutely amazing and the sense of community is great. It's been so nice to find people who are as obsessed...err, I mean interested in skincare methods and products as I am.

A bit about me:
I'm 32 and have strawberry blonde hair, blue/green eyes, pale skin and freckles. I have combination skin and am prone to breakouts on my chin. No real wrinkles yet but definite crows feet around my eyes.

I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and am therefore exposed to various types of weather throughout the year and because of my pale, easily burned, skin I'm always on the lookout for a high SPF sunblock that doesn't look greasy or cause breakouts.

I have very fair eyelahes and eyebrowns and have been getting them professionally tinted for years so you can imagine how excited I've been to recently learn about the 1000 hours DIY tinting kit. (I think CareKate is going to mail me one?)

As far as skincare products go I switch constantly because I'm such a skincare junkie (hense the forum name). I'm always on the lookout for the holy grail of skincare products so this forum has been very helpful!!

Thanks for posting this thread so us nubies can introduce ourselves.

Age 34, fair skin, freckles, strawberry blonde hair, blue/green eyes, combination skin, oily t-zone, TOTM breakouts on chin, occasionally cystic acne, no real wrinkles "YET" but do have fine lines around eyes. HG so far has been Jan Marini and Dermalogica products
Velvettt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi all. I'm a Canadian (Barrie, Ontario) who married a Texan and moved to San Antonio almost 3 yrs ago. I went from snowbelt to sunbelt in one step and I STILL haven't figured out how to deal with my skin and makeup down here. Just to add to my adapting problems, I turned 50 a couple of months ago. No wonder I'm desperate! edited to add: forgot to mention I'm a blue-eyed blonde and have been fighting oily skin and acne since I was ten. Now I'm ... ahem... mature, I'm fighting wrinkles and occasional breakouts both.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |