Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

NEW MEMBERS: Introductions thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tjmoley

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Good morning everyone,

I am another new member to this site.....found you as I was researching the Obagi Nuderm system.

I am 55, ready of a change and a new system of skincare. While still employed watched many friends use Nuderm, saw what they went through,and saw the results. I am realistic as to what I should expect, and know it is a long term comittment. I am sorry I have not done it sooner, but glad I have found such wonderful online resources !

I consulted with a local medical aestitician (sp), and was given product recommendations....am now waiting for product to arrive that I have ordered.

Will check back in and let you know how it is going once I get started . I am a long term retin A user, and also have used glycolic acid peels and products over the years,so my skin is acclimated to these....hopefully the peeling and redness will not be too terribly dramatic !

I definitely have signs of photo-aging, as well as adult hormonal induced acne issues,some enlarged pores overactive oil glands that I am hoping the system will address.

Wish me luck gals ! Smile
batblack

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I've posted a few times already and thought I'd pop in to introduce myself! I absolutely love the EDS forum...I've learned SO much about skincare and health here and it's fascinating. It's been a few months since I've been lurking and I'm so excited to become part of this community. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:11 am      Reply with quote
batblack wrote:
I've posted a few times already and thought I'd pop in to introduce myself! I absolutely love the EDS forum...I've learned SO much about skincare and health here and it's fascinating. It's been a few months since I've been lurking and I'm so excited to become part of this community. Smile

Welcome batblack, at least you did the introduction thread I never noticed it until I was on for about a year! Laughing

Happy to have you here! Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hello my lovelies Im so pleased to find a new forum regarding skincare to chat on. just a bit about me im a mother of 3 kids (all grown up) and have the most amazing grandchildren i could ask for, oh and a cat called mojo

i hope to talk to some of you soon
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new....HI EVERYBODY!!! Very Happy
FooBoo

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hello EDS Forum Friends,
I am new to this forum, and I am challenged with technology! I would love any advice from
anyone on how to navigate this forum! Any advice is helpful!

-FooBoo Shock
StephCo
5% products discount

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All! I have been reading these forums for 2 days now and the wealth of knowledge and overall welcoming attitude has made it irresistible to join in on the discussions.

Im excited to be here and thank you for all of the informative threads!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've been lurking here forever! Today seemed like a good day to come out of the closet so to speak.

I'm 57, single and a dog mommie to two fur kids.

Lately I've been in a major self-improvement mode - working out body AND face, and paying attention to my sadly neglected skin, hair and nails.

Loving this forum - I discovered my go-to facial exercise program here. I've always loved makeup even though I rarely wear it now.

Anyway, nice to have a place to talk about girl stuff! Smile
LuckyLucy

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everybody! wave
It was nice to join this forum today.
I am a food scientist with ~30 years experience.
I do flavor creations and beverage product development.
Recently, around 6 years ago, I've started to create skin care formulae, mostly anti-age and without too many chemicals inside.
My knowledge in ingredients is based on food and not cosmetics.
I will be happy to learn from this forum more about cosmetic business. hmm

Please forgive me in advance, if sometime I will ask questions which some of you may think are inappropriate-I am just learning Embarassed
Jaana
5% products discount

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody! I have been lurking around for a long time too. It's time I speak up Smile

I'm 36 years old and I live in Finland with my husband, no kids. I love facial exercises and I'm interested in diets and nutrition too.

I have an atopic skin and most of the skin care products cause me a reaction.

Thanks for all the great information you have been sharing here!
aging-backwards

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello, everyone! I ran accrossed this forum by googling DIY restylane/juv etc. I thought it looked like a good place to meet people and hopefully down the line get some helpful tips and maybe some cool products. I do not sell anything. I am simply here to explore and hopefully make a few friends. I am a bored housewife, with far tooo much time on my hands. Nice to meet you all!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Finally!!!I become a member!!
My browser appears problem, cause I can not register forum.
Love you EDS,thank you for your help.

Hello everyone!Nice to meet all of you!
Emmajayne

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, I just joined the forum after weeks of intensive lurking. I'm 32, I don't really wear makeup, but I am interested in skincare. I only recently started wearing a AVB and UVA sunblock (doh!) and have some fine lines and dry, fair skin that is sensitive and very prone to burning. I'm a sucker for DIY cosmetics but often have disasters - my homemade shampoo and conditioner and experiments with OCM being two of these! I'm very impressed with the weight of knowledge on the forum and really enjoy learning about skincare ingredients.
burgerqueen50

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
So happy to meet everyone! Just joined and this is an awesome place! I found you guys by asking a question on google and that led me here.
My name is Debbie and I am 53.I live on the east coast and have pretty good skin for my age. I have just recently lost 40 pounds and have become more interested in my body and skin. My daughter tells me I don't pay enough attention to my skin so maybe I can wow her with some new tips from my new friends:-)
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I better introduce myself since I've been a member since last spring and have already learned a lot from being in here; some very helpful ladies helped me tweak my skin care routine and I'm forever picking up new procedures and gadgets to try out Smile

I'm 32 and live in Copenhagen, Denmark (A small country in Scandinavia). I'm very fair skinned, but my skin is pretty resilient.
Except for a bad case of hyperpigmentation, some acne scarring on my decollete and stretch marks, I haven't got any real issues yet, but I'm beginning to see the first signs of aging - a slight looseness to the skin and the onset of 11's and forehead wrinkles - that I'll do my best to keep in check. I like to keep my regime simple though and save some of the "big guns" for later.

Personally I've been single "forever", have no kids and no pets. I work as a consultant specializing in policy and communications, and have somewhat long working hours at times. In my spare time, when I'm not surfing this forum, I do menial tasks at home, read books, go running or to the gym, usually meet up with friends for dinner, wine tastings, at the movies etc. and in the summer I enjoy sailing with friends and travelling/backpacking alone.

I ought to lose 10 lbs, quit smoking (which apart from being unhealthy is socially an extremely unacceptable habit with my crowd) and do something about getting a boyfriend and having kids. Also I would like to have a dog Laughing *Sigh* Maybe if I was more unhappy with my current life, I would get on to it.

Oh well... That should somewhat sum me up Cool

Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
alabamagirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I made my first post a few days ago in the skincare forum. I'm 54 and feel like I've aged alot this past year. My concerns are dark circles, sag in jowls and mild acne scarring on cheeks. I've spent HOURS in the forums researching. I've bought everything to make my own vit. c serum, will buy estriol cream and considering a few other things.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone. I'm Kate. I'm so happy I found this forum. Looks like a great resource Smile
snowshoe
5% products discount

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I found this place when I was researching the OCM...and yes, I read ALL 39 pages of that thread Smile

I learned a lot from that one thread, so I figured I'd better sign up and see what else there is around here.

So...hi!
NickyValentino

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, name is Nicky, my cousin suggested this site, I'm already doing a lot of reading and just contributed a post.. Thx for having me Very Happy
havana8

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:03 am      Reply with quote
ashleysimison wrote:
Hi this is Ashley simison from N.Y.C and here to share with you health related things. Hope it will great experience ahead.
8Namaste8

Wed May 22, 2013 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I just signed up wave . About me:
-32 yrs old
-A mix of oily/dry skin
-Just began trying to go organic in everything, but I can still try some chemicals here and there if it is not too dangerous
-Trying to find what fit/work for me and stick to it

I hope to learn a lot from this forum Very Happy
Alisa13

Fri May 31, 2013 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hello my name is Alisa. This is my very first forum of any kind, so i'm a little confused and nervous. I do have my first question...why are a lot of the post that come up when you choose a category from dates marked years ago?

5% products discount

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I guess this is a good place to start. I've struggled with my skin for most of my life and I'm now finally giving it the serious attention it needs. It's just never been a real focus for me before, lack of interest and I guess I'm lazy. So many useless products have discouraged me into thinking I couldn't have good skin and in accepting it, and there is so much information out there it can be confusing. I've recommited myself recently to doing what I can to improve it. I know it won't be perfect, but I can no longer deny the effect it has on my self esteem and confidence.
Bluegentian
5% products discount

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Alisa13 wrote:
Hello my name is Alisa. This is my very first forum of any kind, so i'm a little confused and nervous. I do have my first question...why are a lot of the post that come up when you choose a category from dates marked years ago?

Ailsa, I think that's because people find an old thread but have made a recent reply?
GraceSkirving

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
HI everyone it's Grace Skirving here, I live in old age homes in Australia. My age is almost 58 years and I'm very conscious about my skin, I use green tea for my skin which is quite very effective for me. I join this forum to have more tips related to skin care.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |