Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
NEW MEMBERS: Introductions thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
alienoreo
5% products discount

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I'm Heather and I've been lurking here for a long time. I posted for the first time today, so I thought I should introduce myself.

I'm 44, fair, with combo/oily skin. I think a combination of genetics and hypervigilance whave allowed me to reach this age With ver few wrinkes. (only 3, really). I'm grateful my mom and Dad are both very smooth-skinned and are in their 60s.

However, I've had my share of battles to fight. Since 2004, it's been hormonal melasma. I stay out of the sun and have worn a broad spectrum sunscreen for over 15 years, but shortly after I began hormone therapy, these patches started showing up on the sides of my forehead and lower cheeks. So that's my biggest skin concern.

When I was 16, I started to get cystic acne. Very painful, very obvious, and embarrassing. My doctor put me on Retin-a and tetracycline, which I took for years. Finally, when I was 30, the cystic acne cleared up in a matter of days after a self-prescribed routine of hydrogen peroxide, daily moisturizer with glycolix acid, and nightly copper peptides. I have never had trouble with acne since.

So that's the short version. I'm also managing mild rosacea. Haven't had any procedures other than laser hair removal.

For fun, I read ingredient lists. Smile I'm not kidding! I am voracious about consuming information, especially as it relates to the skin. I'm also into grammar (I'm an editor), poetry, perfume, and movies.

I look forward to making a contribution here if I can. I've already learned so much from you ladies,and gentlemen!
shooterfish
5% products discount

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm just new to this forum too. It is also a great place to share experiences and voice out our opinions about a certain topic. Good day everyone and hoping you'll enjoy your stay here also:)
kevmichar1

Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I am new to this forum and I didn't think there was an introduction topic but I found it! Glad that I found this forum. Have a great day everyone! Very Happy
Mimo

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I've had a quick look around the site and now I'm wondering where to start.
It certainly seems to be popular and busy, I look forward to learning from you all.
My concerns are mostly those of most mature women, I am in the process of reading threads regarding facial exercise.
I also hope to learn which are the best and most cost effective skin care products to use, there are simply so many. As, where I live, it is a little difficult to purchase anything other than the usual brands, this site will be so useful,
That's it!
fiftysomething

Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I am a new member and also a new blogger. I lurked for a few days before signing up. The blogs seem to be very insightful about products that work and don't work very well.

Its nice to get other peoples take on products they have already tried.

age:53, just moved from warm moist climate in Fl. to dry cold climate in NC. Products ive been useing are: Obagi Nu derm, serums, moisturizers and eye creams. Just purchased Tria anti aging laser and Nuface trinity facial toner. I have dry skin, no wrinkles but a few fine lines under eyes and main conerns are crepe eye lids.
Juanita Montana

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to say hello to everyone now that I am a member. I am an esthetician in the Phoenix area and I am really passionate about all types of skin care. Looks like this forum is the right place to be! I'm looking forward to learning a lot, and sharing some of the stuff that I know.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:56 am      Reply with quote
My name is Fabrianne. I'm excited as member of this cosmetic forum. Women like us are interested in cosmetics that have good quality.
raquelle

Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Raquelle. I'm happy to be part of this forum on cosmetics.
Dr. Jinx

Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've posted a couple threads already, so might as well say hello. Happy I found this place.

Personal details:
Female, 29yrs old. Dark hair. Sensitive, oily, acne-prone, fair skin w/ scarring.

Prescribed Retin-A & spironolactone for the acne/oil issues. They work pretty well.

I'm big on anti-aging benefits, and sun protection. I like my makeup to look like I'm barely wearing any, though dramatic eye makeup is fun on occasion.

My personal interests revolve around a lot of the abstract. Psychology, performing arts, and soforth.

Well, that's it, I suppose. I feel like the new kid in school trying to tell the class who I am, hah.

Looking forward to exploring this place further/getting to know you guys/exchanging tips!

- Jinx
diamond44

Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all diamond here. Nice to meet everyone on here.
jedichica

Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I've read these forums for awhile, and had some issues joining and getting set up but all seems to be working so I'm here!

Looking forward to learning from all of you about skincare and more, making some new friends and contributing where I can.

Have a great day!
Becst*r
5% products discount

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:59 am      Reply with quote
I've read and lurked for an embarrassingly long time. Learnt so much, I don't know how women and men interested in skincare get on without knowing about this forum, invaluable!

My biggest skin problem has always been pigmentation and now the dreaded sagging/loss of volume. Time to get serious!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello and welcome!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there!
30 yrs old with oily skin.
Problems with dryness, fine lines and early signs of aging.
Looking for organic and natural products
PJ2015

Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes Hello everyone. I'm just starting paying attention to my skin.My story was started when my gf asked me what is that spot on your cheek? I told myself that's it , I need to get rid of this darn thing. So I went to my dermatologist. The doctor used q switch laser on that agespot and months went by I notice my spot got even darker. So I went to a plastic surgeon. He precribed me a .4% ratin-a micro to mix with obagi nuderm blend fx (no HQ)for night time and use sunfader(has hq and sunscreen) for day time . I use extra sunscreen on top of it. I've never heard anything about obagi product. No.. I didn't live under a rock. Lol the doctor told me my skin will peel and red. I went on the internet looking for side effect of using obagi and ratin-a. I see there are a lot of people using this. I'm so behind. Lol. What I've found out my doctor didn't suggest me to use obagi clear or exfoderm. So I took it upon myself. Now I'm using obagi clear (hq)follow with obagi blend fx (no hq)mix with ratin A at night time. Here comes the big question. Has anyone use both system as the same time? I don't see my doctor for another month.
Thank you for reading this painful introduction. Lol
Gypsy_Red

Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I just stumbled on this site when I was searching for info on the esthetic benefits of Castor Oil. I'm really excited to be a member and hope to learn a lot about beauty techniques and products from everyone here.

~Gypsy
Bissen

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Phew, I'm new to all this DIY, but not new to skin concerns!

I am female, 24 y/o, Scandinavian.
Was struck with acne around age 14; horrible, cystic, scarre me not only physically but indeed also mentally. I am now 24.
I've manage to get it somewhat under control through diet, but looking to get that last bit with topicals.

I feel many hours well be spent here Cool
Beta Wolf

Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I'm a newbie who has read these forums frequently in the past. I'm here to learn how to handle the issues specific to aging. How to prevent it, reverse it etc.
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I used to post here years ago but have had a series of serious medical problems with myself and family. I liked this forum and will be back from time to time.

I am very late 50's, my daughter is a Junior in HS.
I use many skin products and supplements and recently started using a diode laser array. I have been using the dermaroller for many years and really like it. I have very few wrinkles for my age. My hair though is terrible. After it fell out from cancer treatments it never really filled in especially on top (so any tips on that would be great).
PittyPat1960

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I don't think I have introduced myself in the past even though I've been a member for a few years. I am now 55 and have faired fairly well in the aging process, but was hit hard with menopause five years ago. Everything kind of fast forwarded!! I'm trying to do everything I can to look my best without major intervention, but am not against more drastic measures if need be.
In the mean time I love exploring and researching all of the many things that are available to us for home use today, and having that conversation/support with like minded people!!
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Pitty Pat: Menopause really sucks. I went through it late and still wake up completely wet from night sweats. I take aromatase inhibitors and this makes it worse. Sometimes I take a bath in the middle of the night.
PittyPat1960

Tue May 05, 2015 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Sharky2, thanks for your response!! How old were/are you in the funopause process? Can I ask what are "aromatase inhibitors?" I am choosing to take bio-identical hormone replacement, but understand that it's a very individual choice how we chose to manage our symptoms. I always welcome advise/support from others who are in the same phase of life!!! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2015 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am nearing 60. The "funopause" started at 53.
I thought that it would be over by now but no. It
is likely made worse by the drugs I take as I had cancer diagnosed in 2011. The aromatase inhibitor is to hopefully prevent cancer from coming back. It stops an enzyme that makes estrogen. In early menopause some women have estrogen dominance so natural AIs can be good. Eat apples, cabbage, onions and garlic. Red wine, olive oil, green tea
and mushrooms are also good anti-aging and menopause helpful foods. You wouldn't want to take
the pill type AIs because they cause severe bone pain. I take strong pain killers.
maca

Fri May 22, 2015 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I just recently became interested in making some DIY skin care recipes and found this forum while trying to google information. I've read quite a bit and saved a few recipes from members here (thank you!).

I don't know that I'll have much (if anything) to contribute to the forum, so I may not post. I registered mainly to enable the search function...hope that's okay.

I may have questions, though, if I don't find the answers by searching. And who knows, as I learn more, I might start to contribute.

Just wanted you (mainly the moderators) to know who I am and what I'm doing "lurking" about your forum. Very Happy
Helenka

Sat May 23, 2015 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I'm a new member. I was interested in the conversation about Tua Visa and Tua Trend. I don't have one yet, so I have no input. I had a Dermal Tone, but it stopped working and it was time to find something else. I'm undecided between the Tua Viso and the Tua Trend.
I've also seen ads for a device called the Facial Toner. It looks easy. I need some major work I feel, and this devise doesn't look up to it. Any thoughts?
Helenka Cool

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |