Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carekate's Tinted Lip Balm....Standing Ovation!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
First, I need to comment on Dr. Holland's customer service!! My order was fulfilled within two days and for the most reasonable price on the planet. AND, Carekate included two very thoughtful and generous samples. I ordered Carekate's lip balm after reading the reviews here as it sounded like my perfect combo of balm/stain/dewy factor! Boy, am I in heaven!

This little morsel was packed to the brim with most gorgeous brown-berry lip balm. Can I just say that the fragrance and texture are TDF!! I simply cannot wait to re-apply. Carrie...you have missed your calling! Look out, Estee! Carrie, if I had your talent, I would be hanging out my shingle this instant! I am looking for other things in my house to liquidate on Ebay, so I can place my Paypal order for all the lash goodies in December!

Carrie, you have the heart, ethics and dedication to make it big and I would love to see your star rise to the top! After, I've used the other samples for a few more days, I will post more reviews.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Please do more reviews. Totally lemming here. I want to get my Dr Holland order soon so I can rave too. Laughing
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
YEA! I got the same thing and totally love it.

Dolce Vita really is YLBB. It's the first lip balm color that really goes great with my skintone but is also moisturizing, tastes and smells great and gives a nice sheen without being too shiny.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
im in the process of ordering a lip balm from her and i'm so excited! she is so kind, really. Its so refreshing to meet happy, truly NICE people with such talent! woohooo Smile Razz Razz

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
How do I order? Could someone please post a website?
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
i'm ordering too and she's sending my Lip blam trios in a few days!!

I can't wait to dive into them.... Dancing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love this product. My shade is "YLBB." A nice rose that is just an enhancement of my slightly mature lips. Smile It actually seems to bring a more youthful, natural color to my lips. Consistency is very nice, with excellent "slip." The little Prada mono-doses in shade #7 have become my HG, but will have to share the spotlight now with Dr. Holland's Lip Balm. Prada is thicker and gooier, but I do love them both. I don't need any others. Another winner from Carrie.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
lulumylovely wrote:
How do I order? Could someone please post a website?

Send Carekate a PM. You can look on the DIY thread for other products she makes. Look for Carekate or Dr. Holland.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Great lip balm, Carrie sent me one of these in an eyelash dye kit I bought from her, she was also kind enough to send the supplies I needed, bless her, I'd of def looked a mess!! And my first use for her lip balm was to line my eyes in preparation for tinting my lashes, must say very wrong color for eyes, but it def did its job, stayed put and kept the dye off!!! Then I thought wow should try this were it belongs, on lips, great balm, stays on very well. Colors a wee bit brown for me, I like more reds, but thats just personal choice, but the balm itself is truely very moistursing and def has staying power. Great product, if you like brown berries, u'll love this one, I forgot to mention its very sheer yet the colors def there, nice combo!!!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I got a sample of this in my first order from carekate, and I was totally blown away by both the texture and the DELICIOUS chocolate-orange taste. Will definitely be placing another order pronto!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I've just received Chocoberry from CareKate and OMG OMG OMG, it IS gorgeous. My HG so far was Miel Noir and I liekd mixing it with Dulce Vita but Chocoberry has now kicked Miel Noir off. Chocoberry mixed with Dulce Vita....THUD! Wink
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I've just received Chocoberry from CareKate and OMG OMG OMG, it IS gorgeous. My HG so far was Miel Noir and I liekd mixing it with Dulce Vita but Chocoberry has now kicked Miel Noir off. Chocoberry mixed with Dulce Vita....THUD! Wink

I'm stalking you today Very Happy ..please describe color although THUD is pretty good...it sounds dark.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Okay marina,I rubbed a bit of the different colors on a while envelope. Wish I had a digital camera...So, Miel Noir is a rosy brown, Chocoberry is darker and fuller - like a Zinfandel. Chocoberry also has under-notes of chocolate (I swear I'm not crazy - we'll have to ask Carrie) in addition to her signature orange taste. Chocoberry+ Dulce Vita looks beautifully 3-D, complex, mysterious, not too bright, but not at all vampire-dark. My other current fav is MAC Viva Glam VI and the mix is in the same family but several tones darker. I like Clinique Black Honey a lot though it's perhaps a shade too dark for me - chocoberry+ Dulce Vita is that smidgen lighter that it looks perfect.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for going through all that trouble! I know all the l/g you mentionned & black honey is a touch too dark & I like the mac one. Thanks, I've got a pretty clear picture now. Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Thanks for going through all that trouble! I know all the l/g you mentionned & black honey is a touch too dark & I like the mac one. Thanks, I've got a pretty clear picture now. Very Happy
I *think* I included a sample of Chocoberry in your parcel...if I didn't, let me know and I'll pop one in the mail to you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, does anyone know what are the ingredients for Carrie's tinted lip balm? I think my lips are reacting from something in it. I tried the overnight one, and my lips are fine and happy. It would be nice to learn the ingredients between the two, and see what's different about them. I've been trying to figure out all my life what I'm allergic to, and so far I've identified beeswax, thanks to Burt's Bees lip balm. LOL
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |