Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Carekate's Overnight Lip Treatment and Lip Scrub
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
...Once I actually get my lips to where they should be I shall be ordering some of these balms that everyone's raving about!
You're taking your HA/collagen pills and drinking lots of water, right (to help heal them from the inside-out)?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:
...Once I actually get my lips to where they should be I shall be ordering some of these balms that everyone's raving about!
You're taking your HA/collagen pills and drinking lots of water, right (to help heal them from the inside-out)?

Yes, upped the anty on the water and taking the HA pills temporarily. Thanks Very Happy . I swear the lip scrub is so good I lick all of it off rather than rub it Laughing Both are helping a lot. I'm also using the Skinceuticals Antioxident lip repair underneath your lip repair. My lips still have a ways to go, but slowly I can see improvement.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
her lip scrub is absolutely amazing- minty fresh! makes my lips soft, smooth, and fuller! and i absolutely adore her overnight lip treatment <3 gotta love this gal!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Hey y'all -

I wasn't sure where to post this and I didn't want to start a new thread just for one purpose but I *do* want to let everyone know that I'll be taking the rest of the week off for the (American) holiday so won't be back near a computer again until Monday (27th) so if you PM me in the meantime, it doesn't mean I am ignorning you!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just received samples of the lip scrub and overnight treatment with my order. Thank you, Carrie! I LOVE them! The lip scrub worked very well to exfoliate and tastes delicious - like lemonade! The overnight treatment is very moisturizing and LASTS! I woke up with very soft lips. I'll be purchasing more from Carrie, for sure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Ahhh I bought some Lush Lips Tinted Lip balm and CareKate being the lovely person that she is included a Carekate's Overnight Lip Treatment and the Scrub.

Review of the Overnight Lip Treatment: Absolutely adore this. ADORE IN CAPITAL LETTERS I TELL YOU. It came in this gorgeous corally peachy colour which suited my complexion perfectly for a neutral day look (NC25-NC30) and I put it to the test. I put a 1 cm (size) dab of the balm over my lips and it looked great - shiny-moist looking. The thing that makes me squee in happiness, the next morning's result. My lips looked moisturised, with only faint lines and you could still see the balm.

5 Stars for this on every aspect.

Review of the Lip Scrub:
I tested this out because I was really curious after all the raves. I don't need a lip scrub because I have been using lip balms, drinking enough water and using those lip plumping glosses to exfoliate. However this is a much better alternative to your vaseline or tooth paste lip scrubs. It smelled yummy in a citrusy way (kept on wanting to eat it), the scrub was nicely gentle and I imagine it does its job as effectively as any manual lip scrub can.

5 stars!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I received a sample of the Lip Scrub along with the Overnight Lip Balm.

Like cuppre - my Overnight Lip Balm is a corally peachy color which looks really nice during the day too. I'm med/olive toned but the color is very subtle and I adore the orange smell. The feel is great because it's not too slick or waxy. It also stayed on overnight and my lips feel great.

And, like anomaly, I love the flavor of the lip scrub! I've used baking soda in the past so the lemony sweet flavor was absolutely fabulous and unexpected. I actually used it until the sugar dissolved completely because it was such a pleasant experience. Lips feel soft but not battered like baking soda.

Definitely repurchase both in the near future. Along with the HA capsules - I haven't had cracking or bloody lips in over a week.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
her lip scrub is amazing!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Just chimeing in as a relative newbie, to say that I received an order from Carrie today. I got the lip trio and she included some lovely samples, one of which was the scrub. I LOVE IT. I'll be ordering a tub of this scrub. The glosses are wonderful and I can't wait to put the lip balm on tonight. Now, could someone please clue me in to what you all use the Lavendar Silk Dust for?

Kimberly
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:45 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Now, could someone please clue me in to what you all use the Lavendar Silk Dust for?

it's her own version (and many say better, definitely cheaper!) of Jurlique's Silk Dust -- which is essentially a face powder. here's the link to Jurlique on EDS (and you can click on the Reviews to read more about it) -- just scroll down to the Rose Silk Dust:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jurlique-moisturizers.htm
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
This is my rave for Carrie's overnight lip treatment. I am one of the ones that Carrie was nice enough to let sample it, and I'm really loving it so far.

My initial impression upon opening it was that it smells really good. It also actually tastes good. Smile The color is a nice peachy pink. It goes on clear, but leaves a nice very soft shine. It feels really silky on your lips, not sticky or gooey or waxy like so many other lip products. It is also really long-lasting. When I wake up in the mornings, my lips still feel soft and very moisturized. It's soooo nice!!

I have been exfoliating nightly and then applying it. In the mornings, if I have dead skin, I'm exfoliating again. I'm happy to say that since I've been using her lip treatment, I'm finding that I seldom have to exfoliate in the mornings anymore, unless I've been using lipstick. (I'm assuming that this means my lipstick * spam alert * is part of what is causing my dry lip problems. Sad )

I have actually become so addicted to this that I've taken to wearing lipstain during the day so that I can put Carrie's overnight lip treatment on top. If I do this, Carrie's balm lasts until lunchtime, and since I'm a lip chewer and I am constantly drinking something, that's pretty impressive. Most things don't hang around on my lips long. I'm thinking that I should invest in some of her tinted balms!

Here are some before and after photos that I took myself. I'm hoping you can see the difference. The first two were taken prior to using Carrie's balm. Hopefully, your can see the uneven dry peeling texture and see the lines in them. They actually had a cracked and bleeding spot in the corner, but unfortunately, you can't see it. The third photo is the after, of course. You can see that my lips are smoother and have fewer lines. I think they are also a little pinker. These photos were all taken first thing in the morning with no product on the lips, except any residue from the previous night. I also took them all in the same room to try to get the lighting the same.

I think this is going to become a HG product for me!!

cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhh Tosca I am so glad you posted the photos! Seriously the first two photos (pre-treatment) is what my lips are like if I don't use CareKate's overnight lip balm. The last photo is what it looks like if I do.

You definitely should order her Lush Lips tinted balms. I am surprised all the time by how pigmented they are because it feels like I have nothing on. So when I clean my face, sometimes my face towel turns up with some lipstick stains Embarassed . This is after how many hours of eatings Laughing.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I have to pm her right away, Cuppre! I love really pigmented balms, and I'm really trying to break that lipstick habit.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the pics Tosca. I'm glad it worked for you. I'm still struggling but keeping the faith.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm wearing the Overnight Lip Treatment constantly. It's funny because last night hubby kissed me when I'd already put on more. I said 'oops, I'm wearing lip balm' and he said 'yeah, I can taste it'.

The thing is ... he's usually running in fear and washing his mouth out if he kisses me with lipstick.

Now, he doesn't mind if I'm wearing the Lip Treatment (which does have a tinge of color) or the tinted lip balms.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I'm wearing the Overnight Lip Treatment constantly. It's funny because last night hubby kissed me when I'd already put on more. I said 'oops, I'm wearing lip balm' and he said 'yeah, I can taste it'.

The thing is ... he's usually running in fear and washing his mouth out if he kisses me with lipstick.

Now, he doesn't mind if I'm wearing the Lip Treatment (which does have a tinge of color) or the tinted lip balms.

Yay!!! That’s EXACTLY the result I was trying to create! I wanted it to pass the “Kiss your man without him grimacing in distaste” test. I mean, I don’t know why lipstick/balm/gloss companies don’t think of these things because I don’t think there’s a man out there who ENJOYS kissing a woman when her mouth is covered with goop....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hubby and I used to commute to work together - no way would he kiss my lips. It was always a peck on the cheek.

He's working from home today so I asked what he thought. He said:

"It's not sticky, stinky and doesn't leave streaks like I kissed my wife" (great compliment coming from a guy).

He also noted that my lips are softer now ... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
"It's not sticky, stinky and doesn't leave streaks like I kissed my wife"
High praise, indeed!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I can just see that on a testimonials page:

"It's not stinky"
--- Male, 48 years old.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I can just see that on a testimonials page:

"It's not stinky"
--- Male, 48 years old.

So true! I got my guy friends to smell it and they all thought it smelled like chocolate with hint of orange. How can anyone object to such a yummy scent?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I just placed an order with carekate and was trying to figure out what shade of lush lips tinted lip balm to order, and so i strolled down over to MUA and read the review for mango shine which apricot glow is a dead ringer for as Mary H. pointed out. I started reading a review and realized how nicely detailed the poster was with the color and then i saw that it was carekate's review. figures Wink .

It was so hard for me not to order everything on carrie's available list!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:00 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
It was so hard for me not to order everything on carrie's available list!

i did! actually, i'm kind of spreading the word over here after letting people try Dulce Vita and them loving it. so i ordered *all* the shades available so everyone can try everything. the fact that so can i is just an extra added bonus Wink seriously, for the price, there's *no* reason not to! what i love about her balms is they seem to kind of meld with the individual's lip and lip colour and no shade looks the same on two people if applied lightly. and i imagine you can mix and match to make your "perfect" shade (one girl toned it down with the overnight treatment -- the only other one i have until my parcel arrives) without bothering carrie to create it. it's fun -- you can be your own artist!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
i'm kind of spreading the word over here after letting people try Dulce Vita and them loving it. so i ordered *all* the shades available so everyone can try everything.

La Vie en Rose - do you have the colors listed by tones? warm, cool, neutral? I adore Dolce Vita and want to get more colors but I thought some of the colors were really pink?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
La Vie en Rose - do you have the colors listed by tones? warm, cool, neutral? I adore Dolce Vita and want to get more colors but I thought some of the colors were really pink?

somebody posted this list (which gives you an idea) and i've added a few more:

Dulce Vita = this brown/berry shade that is a dead ringer for Nars "Dolce Vita" lipstick, chosen by Sephora is the single most universally flattering shade for 2006

Apricot Glow = this is a pinky peach that is a knock-off of her beloved Guerlain Kiss Kiss MaxiShine lipstick in "Mango Shine"

Gipsey = a neutral claret shade

Scarlett = as the name implies, it's a true (blue-based) red, similar to Prada #6 Shielding Tinted Lip Balm

Coral Kiss = a warm, peachy coral-pink

Honey Rose = a warmed-up verison of Dulce Vita

Sunrise Pink = a scary-looking "Barbie Pink" in the pot, but which goes on as a very sheer wash of warm, "girly" pink

Black Cherry = a deep berry-wine colour

Miel Noir = a knock-off version of Clinique fav "Black Honey"

i also know she's hard at work trying to get some in the chocolate, raisin, copper, taupey-nude shades.... i personally prefer the neutral or cool tones as my lips tend to warm up every colour (read: tangerine). sigh. it's not a good thing in my case! i should get these today or monday and if i have a chance (leaving on holiday tuesday), i'll add my two cents to the descriptions. HTH
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I love her overnight treatment. I had to order 2 more, so I can keep 1 in my purse and the other for backup.

I received the Gipsey and Scarlett, just loving it. Pink/peachy colors doesn't look good on my skin but these two colors, excellent, excellent. When I feel daring I'll put on the Scarlett. Very Happy It gives me the right amount of color and feels great on my lips. I received a sample of the Black cherry but have not tried it yet. Threw away all of my lipstick and lipbalm.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |