Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Carekate's Overnight Lip Treatment and Lip Scrub
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I received a sample of the balm today (as well as a few other goodies I haven't tried yet...I ran & tried the dulce vita as soon as I saw this thread-she nailed the Nars version except better-it isn't drying, it's actually moisturizing & it tastes good! It's also smoothing-me old lips needed this & I didn't even know it! I always likes the Nars one except that it dried out my lips & smelled like plastic. Now I have to get the apricot one and I haven't even tried the overnight balm yet...

For anyone using the hair serum, do you apply with your fingers or cotton ball. I ran & tried it as soon as I received it today (before I lost another hair). I may have used too much & got most in my hair...mind you my hair looked great afterward. I was thinking either a cotton ball (but worry it'll soak up too much product) or a dropper. Either way, I may as well order a back-up....or adopt Carrie Rolling Eyes

BTW, I received my order in 6 business days (Canada)-that's amazing, especially since it's just before Christmas!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered three of her plumping balms in Amber Rose, Miel Noir, and Honey Rose. I'm so excited about them because I love the overnight treatment. I'm on the verge of throwing away all my lipstick too. I've been avoiding anything with wax in it for the last couple of weeks (using mostly Carrie's overnight balm or Rosebud Salve), and my lips look better than they have in years.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm loving the overnight treatment too.
Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I’m hoping I’ll have time over the long holiday weekend to work on creating additional shades. I just finished the Miel Noir (Clinque Black Honey) and my next effort will be a warm, pinky-nude shade similar to MAC’s Viva Glam V lippie (can anyone in U.S. send me a color swatch of this? I don’t have a MAC counter handy to go by and check it out in person and Sephora doesn’t carry the line – PM me if you can help!), and then I’ve had requests for a “raisin” shade but I need color swatch or a brand/color to use as a guide – any suggestions? To me, a raisin is a dark, plummy brown but I could be way off on my assumption because that’s not really my color family....

Here’s an update on available colors: at the moment, I am just about out of Apricot Glow and I don’t know when I’ll be able to make more because the company from which I ordered the dyes I used to make it is currently out of stock and I’m not sure I’d be able to recreate Apricot Glow exactly using a different brand of colorants. So if you want AG, make sure you send me an alternate choice just in case!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
For anyone using the hair serum, do you apply with your fingers or cotton ball. I ran & tried it as soon as I received it today (before I lost another hair). I may have used too much & got most in my hair...mind you my hair looked great afterward. I was thinking either a cotton ball (but worry it'll soak up too much product) or a dropper.
Would it be more helpful if I packaged the Hair Growth Accelerator in a squueze-bottle with an applicator tip (like what you use to apply hair dye) so that you can put the oil directly onto the scalp? Or would you prefer if I made this into a balm (similar to the texture of a body butter) rather than a liquid-y oil so that you can scoop out a bit of the treatment, warm it between your palms to emulsify it and then apply to your scalp? If you have any suggestions to improve the packaging so that it is more “user friendly,” please let me know!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Carrie, I think the squeeze bottle may work better for me -others can chime in-since I can get it right at the scalp & massage. I think with a butter I may still get most in my hair & not my scalp. I think I have a left-over rogaine bottle (oh, the things I've tried!)-I can decant some & see how that works.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
The bottle would be much better.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:32 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
my next effort will be a warm, pinky-nude shade similar to MAC’s Viva Glam V lippie (can anyone in U.S. send me a color swatch of this?

Carrie -- you have a PM Wink

Marla

5% products discount

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
To Carekate,

I know you are really busy but I have tried to PM you a couple of times over the last 6 months because I'm really interested in purchasing any of your products. I haven't received any type of answer and I don't know of any other way to contact you. I am sooo jealous reading other people's raving reviews of your products. Please let me know how I can order any of your products.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
yoshko wrote:
To Carekate,

I know you are really busy but I have tried to PM you a couple of times over the last 6 months because I'm really interested in purchasing any of your products. I haven't received any type of answer and I don't know of any other way to contact you. I am sooo jealous reading other people's raving reviews of your products. Please let me know how I can order any of your products.

Same here! Laughing And I've been SOOOOOO good this year too! Angel

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
i actually had a dream last night about carrie's lush lips tinted lip balm! I guess I am more anxious for my order to arrive than i thought.

vonstella--i have not been good this year, but i still WANT! Laughing

yoshko--to help carrie (carekate) out since i am sure she is super busy now, i will PM the list of products carrie has available to you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:

yoshko--to help carrie (carekate) out since i am sure she is super busy now, i will PM the list of products carrie has available.

Me too please! Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella--you have a message Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddicted..ooh oooh me too? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing aries--you have a PM

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the hand, Kristen! Very Happy If there is anything you are interested in that you don’t see on the list that SkinCareAddicted sent you, just ask about it. Basically, if I’ve posted a recipe for something in the DIY thread, it’s something I am willing to make for others.

For everyone that has PM’d me without a reply yet, one of two things has happened: 1) I didn’t receive your message (when my in-box gets “100% full,” what happens to messages sent after that point – are they sitting in limbo somewhere until I free up space in my in-box so they can be delivered?), or 2) I accidentally deleted the message Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed when I was performing “file management duties,” deleting completed messages or saving stuff off to be archived. If you PM’d me more than 7 business days ago and haven’t received a response yet, please contact me again. I swear, I’m not deliberately tyring to ignore anyone and I welcome all communications...just, please don’t ask to purchase Lush Lash because it’s not ready for sale yet. Sad I’m now targeting an early spring debut for it which should give me enough time to assemble all of my necessary excrement! Wink

In the meantime, I am working on creating a sort of “CareKate Product Guide” that lists all of the items currently available, along with their prices, a brief product description and instructions for usage so that I can provide this info to anyone that is interested until such time as I can get a website off the ground....I appreciate everyone’s patience as I never dreamed that interest in my little DIY hobby would explode so quickly and become so popular. To everyone that has already tried my products, I appreciate your support. To everyone that is interested in my stuff, I look forward sharing them with you.

Thanks again for making the last 3 months the wildest and wooliest in recent memory for me! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
vonstella--you have a message Smile

Thanks for everything!

skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie--you're welcome of course, we know what a busybee carekate is! I applaud you for all your hard work

if anyone would like carekate's list of products, please feel free to message me, i am on vacation at the moment and quite not busy Very Happy

Vonstella--you're welcome sweetie!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
You have a PM.
Cool Razz
Emma x
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Emma--just got it, and replied Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
You got one from me too!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
catski--you have a PM too now. Very Happy

Carrie--now i know how it feels to be you! EDS needs to give you a bigger inbox, seriously Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi Emma--just got it, and replied Very Happy

Thank you.
Very Happy
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
carekate wrote:
my next effort will be a warm, pinky-nude shade similar to MAC’s Viva Glam V lippie (can anyone in U.S. send me a color swatch of this?

Carrie -- you have a PM Wink

Marla

You are a star if you can send it to carrie.
Viva Glam V is my absolute favourite lipgloss.
yoshko
5% products discount

Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
what color would be considered a warm soft red?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |