Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carekate's Overnight Lip Treatment and Lip Scrub
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
marla wrote:
carekate wrote:
my next effort will be a warm, pinky-nude shade similar to MAC’s Viva Glam V lippie (can anyone in U.S. send me a color swatch of this?

Carrie -- you have a PM Wink

Marla

You are a star if you can send it to carrie.
Viva Glam V is my absolute favourite lipgloss.

Emma -- stay tuned!

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I love Viva Glam too! Will definitely be looking out for that one.
patrice
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Carrie--you're welcome of course, we know what a busybee carekate is! I applaud you for all your hard work

if anyone would like carekate's list of products, please feel free to message me, i am on vacation at the moment and quite not busy Very Happy

Vonstella--you're welcome sweetie!

i would very much like a list of carekate's products. after reading all the reviews i definitely want to purchase her products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
marla wrote:

Emma -- stay tuned!

Marla

skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
my stuff from carrie came today! the day after christmas but it feels like christmas today! carrie even wrapped the products in colored tissue, it looks like a rainbow when i opened the box! i immediately tried the lush lips balm after buffing my lips with sugar and oil (i forgot to add carrie's lip scrub to my order), and wow, what a nice color apricot glow is! i also slathered on the overnight lip treatment on top Laughing .

does anyone use the overnight lip treatment in the day time?

i can't wait to try the oodle of other carekate items tonight!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use the overnight treatment in the day all the time. It has great staying power. I just got my pigmented lip plumping balms Saturday, and I'm loving these too. You have to try them.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your response Tosca, I haven't been able to help myself with using Carrie's overnight lip treatment. i even lick it off my fingers when i am done applying...that's how bad I am! Laughing

I was resisting the lip plumping balms but may have to place another order with Carrie very soon. I feel bad though, because I know she must be bombarded with emails (I have forwarded carrie's product list to A LOT of members who have PMed me)!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Skincareaddicted! I feel bad too, but how will she become a multi-millionare cosmetics guru unless we bug her? Very Happy

Yoshko, you're looking for a soft red in a warm color? I'm warm-toned too. I'll give you a run-down on how the colors I got are working on me, but I'll have to do it tomorrow. I'm sooo tired - spent the day pushing my nephew around on his new christmas toys 'cause his feet don't reach the pedals yet. Fun yet exhausting! Laughing *yawn*
Absinthea

Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:02 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Mary H."]Hi all!

As we all know, there are never too many CareKate products to lemming...so imagine how happy Dancing I was to find that Carrie has come up with several NEW shades of her fabulous Lush Lips tinted balm! Here's a rundown on the colors...

"Dulce Vita" = this brown/berry shade that is a dead ringer for Nars "Dolce Vita" lipstick, chosen by Sephora is the single most universally flattering shade for 2006.

"Apricot Glow" = this is a pinky peach that is a knock-off of her beloved Guerlain Kiss Kiss MaxiShine lipstick in "Mango Shine"

"Gipsey" = a neutral claret shade

"Scarlett" = as the name implies, it's a true (blue-based) red, similar to Prada #6 Shielding Tinted Lip Balm

"Coral Kiss" = a warm, peachy coral-pink

"Honey Rose" = a warmed-up verison of Dulce Vita

I have already tried (and loved) the Honey Cherry, Dulce Vita and Apricot Glow...but I know I'm going to want all the rest of the "CareKate Color Spectrum"! Laughing Seems like she truly does have a shade for just about everyone now!

Mary Very Happy[/quote]

Thanks Mary!

I am new to this forum as I was looking at Decleor products and when I registered, this caught my eye, b/c my lips have sinfully NOT been part of my skincare/bodycare regime.

I could use some guidance, truly. Exclamation
I am very new at these products, sadly and though I look much younger at my age, I want to improve and not wipe out my wallet needlessly. If it is an excellent product, I will love it and purchase it. How can I try out these products and know what I am getting?

I am in the Katrina area and spas are not plentiful, I want my skin to recover with everything else. Arrow

I loved your rundown on lipcare and wanted to thank you, again very much!

I am almost gothically pale with deep red hair, and could use some ER advice. I hope I post this correctly? Question
Absinthea
I need better skincare. Smile Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone made Carrie's lipscrub? I forgot to order some so I am trying to mix up something in the meanwhile since the tinted lip balm doesn't glide on as well without me making a scrub of oil and sugar each time. i am gonna go buy some asprin tommorrow but where can i buy lactic acid besides online? what would happen if i left lactic acid out of the recipe?

5% products discount

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I would appreciate that Tosca. I also have a warm skintone that would be considered a deep tan and some colors just look washed out on me. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
yoshko--

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=192486#192486

if you go to this page and scroll down, you will see that another member has added to the shades Carrie is making.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, yoshko, here goes, but I will warn you that my descriptive skills are not as good as most of the other ladies on this forum. I should also tell you that I am pale with warm tones, not tanned. I'm pretty sure that none of the colors I've tried here will wash you out. I actually have that problem too, even though I'm pale. I also have a problem with lipstick colors looking a really nasty pink color on me. Ugh!

Amber Rose: Brownish red with warm orange undertones. This goes on me as a beautiful bright but sheer red, so since you're tanned it may be the soft red you're looking for. I've been messing with it, and I've found that I can make it bright or more subtle depending on how much I put on.

Honey Rose: This one is in the same color family but with a lot more brown, so it's a more muted and subtle. It works great for me, and it's actually a color that I always look for when lipsick shopping. For me, its a YLBB color if I apply a thin layer. If I go thicker, it's a little more sophisticated but still very flattering. Bet you'd love it too.

Miel Noir: This one's my favorite. I think someone said it was similar to Clinique's black honey. I'm not familiar with that color, but it's a very rich deep brownish plum color. I thought it was going to turn pink on me, but I put some on and fell in love with this color. Like the others, it can be subtle or bold. This one is also my husband's favorite.

Dolce Vita: I had originally planned to get a full-sized pot of this color, but Carekate suggested it might be wrong and I should try the Amber Rose instead. She sent me a sample, and I'm so glad she steered me away from this one. It's a beautiful color, but it has too much pink for me, and it clashes horribly with my skin. I might give it to my sister who is cool-toned. I could get her hooked on Carekate's balms too. Bad Grin

I hope this helps you some. I love the first three, especially the Miel Noir, but I'm still thinking the Amber Rose might be what you're looking for.

I am searching deperately for a raisin color that I can to CareKate. I absolutely know I have one somewhere... Oh, I want her to be able to make this.
yoshko
5% products discount

Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tosca,for taking the time to give me a detailed description of the lipbalm colors. I know that on different people, colors can look very different. I appreciate hearing how the colors would react on a warm toned person.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I HAVE to chime in this thread now that I've received my wonderful care package! I've been having very chapped lips lately due to the crazy winds in Vancouver. They've been peeling, red and hurting, even my usual lip balm that used to fix it right away was no help. I tried out all the tinted ones today to test out the colours then left it on. The hard skin softened dramatically and some of the dead skin came off. I was planning to exfoliate with Carrie's buffing scrub but I forgot. Then I slathered this on again and wow, the hard skin is gone! I always thought all that hard skin needed to be exfoliated off but apparently not! They're softened and my lips feel great! HG material in itself and you just can't beat the price and quality.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I returned home from visiting family over the holidays and had a package from Carrie. I was so excited! I absolutely love the scub and overnight treatment! She also sent me a sample of dolce vita.....so nice and not drying in the least.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying using the samples of these which Carekate kindly included in my order. They're very pleasant to use and seem to work extremely well.

And I absolutely adore the Dulce Vita!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
i'm interested in the colored lush lips and was wondering what your recommendations are for my skin tone - i match to true cosmetics' fair #4 foundation (pinky peach undertones) so i think that makes me cool. i'm pale, with some freckles, brown eyes, reddish brown hair. thanks!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
i'm interested in the colored lush lips and was wondering what your recommendations are for my skin tone - i match to true cosmetics' fair #4 foundation (pinky peach undertones) so i think that makes me cool. i'm pale, with some freckles, brown eyes, reddish brown hair. thanks!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Dulce Vita might be good for you, but other people are probably far better with choosing colours than me!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Rjez wrote:
La Vie en Rose - do you have the colors listed by tones? warm, cool, neutral? I adore Dolce Vita and want to get more colors but I thought some of the colors were really pink?

somebody posted this list (which gives you an idea) and i've added a few more:

Dulce Vita = this brown/berry shade that is a dead ringer for Nars "Dolce Vita" lipstick, chosen by Sephora is the single most universally flattering shade for 2006

Apricot Glow = this is a pinky peach that is a knock-off of her beloved Guerlain Kiss Kiss MaxiShine lipstick in "Mango Shine"

Gipsey = a neutral claret shade

Scarlett = as the name implies, it's a true (blue-based) red, similar to Prada #6 Shielding Tinted Lip Balm

Coral Kiss = a warm, peachy coral-pink

Honey Rose = a warmed-up verison of Dulce Vita

Sunrise Pink = a scary-looking "Barbie Pink" in the pot, but which goes on as a very sheer wash of warm, "girly" pink

Black Cherry = a deep berry-wine colour

Miel Noir = a knock-off version of Clinique fav "Black Honey"

i also know she's hard at work trying to get some in the chocolate, raisin, copper, taupey-nude shades.... i personally prefer the neutral or cool tones as my lips tend to warm up every colour (read: tangerine). sigh. it's not a good thing in my case! i should get these today or monday and if i have a chance (leaving on holiday tuesday), i'll add my two cents to the descriptions. HTH

vie en rose - which of these would you recommend for a very fair cool toned girl with freckles, brown eyes, and reddish brown hair? i'm sort of leaning toward dulce vita and sunrise pink and was wondering what you thought of those choices. also, is there a good nude tone?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
also, is there a good nude tone?
FYI - "Blushing Nude" is my newest shade, a pinky-nude based on MAC's Viva Glam V lipstick, but without the shimmer/sparkles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
sark wrote:
also, is there a good nude tone?
FYI - "Blushing Nude" is my newest shade, a pinky-nude based on MAC's Viva Glam V lipstick, but without the shimmer/sparkles.

I am excited about this.
Razz
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie--I was wondering if you had still planned on making the lush lips available in those lip balm squeezy tubes?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |