Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'd love to find a brief routine that's tried and tested, that I can do, say, while watching TV.

Does anyone have a recommendation, please?

(I want particularly to do some neck excercise to stop turkey neck coming Sad , and something to refine cheekbone structure.)
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I was using Facial Magic for years. But, now since I'm older (56), I wanted something where I didn't touch my face and accidently pull the skin.

Here's a link to some that I absolutely love. Seriously, the one where you tilt your head back and "kiss" the ceiling is wonderful for the jawline and neck. For the cheekbones, there's always the lion's pose.

Edited: ooops! I forgot to add the link:www.dermaxime.com/facial-exercises.htm
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Just to chime in ... I have the Cynthia Rowland Facial Magic tape (Cynthia is a friend of a friend, and I was given the tape and the Lucious Lips device), and I've done the exercises a couple times but my VCR is not hooked up and I haven't done them in a long time. I want to get the tape transferred to DVD so I can watch it on my computer.

Anyhow, Cynthia's exerices are really effect. She has one exercise in particular that is really effective for the cheek "apple" area - its the one where you put on the white cotton gloves on and anchor one of the muscles in your mouth by holding it and then doing the exercise. You can bounce a stone off Cynthia's "apples" they are that tight!

I'm going to start back with the exercises after having the tape transferred to DVD.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
they truely do work, but man it takes about 20 mins if memory serves, to do these, and thats along time to do everyday.....but when all starts falling, I might easily find that 20 mins..grins
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
They do really work. I've been doing them with lapses for nearly 10 years and it pays, but it takes a lot of time and practice and always more than they say.
linder
5% products discount

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I do Carol Maggio Facercise. I have for about a year now. Great results. Linder
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I thought we are not supposed to touch our face too much.
So, at what age should one start doing facial exercise?
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
linder wrote:

Do you have the book, I think it may be 10 years old, or is there a newer version/ DVD? I have an older version of the book, but I am never good at keep it up.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
I thought we are not supposed to touch our face too much.
So, at what age should one start doing facial exercise?

My take is that it is as soon as you're too old to make goofy faces like a child. Even in our late teens and early 20's we start to form patterns or habits in our facial expressions. These repeated expressions will eventually form creases.

The reason I believe this is that, being 56 years old, my most habitual expression has always been raised eyebrows. Almost constant. Even now I can't seem to break myself of the habit. Now, I have several "arcs" on each side of my forehead over each brow. Never having frowned, I don't have the "elevens" between my brows or any other wrinkles. The only lines I have are a couple at the corners of my eyes.

Like I said, this is just my take based on my own experience.

Ari
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
I was using Facial Magic for years. But, now since I'm older (56), I wanted something where I didn't touch my face and accidently pull the skin.

Here's a link to some that I absolutely love. Seriously, the one where you tilt your head back and "kiss" the ceiling is wonderful for the jawline and neck. For the cheekbones, there's always the lion's pose.

Hey Arielle, thanks, that's great! I just kissed the ceiling! I will definitely learn these. Fantastic.

It's all about discipline, isnt it.. I'm not expecting perfection on that, for myself, but if I remember them while I'm watching tv - well... then I should do a few excercises quite a few nights a week, and that's got to be good.

I think I know I could benefit to do some facial excercises, because my cheeks are flatter and I when I see my neck from sideways on, I'm reminded of my mother... Embarassed
linder
5% products discount

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:52 am      Reply with quote
[quote="lorimcp"]
linder wrote:
I do Carol Maggio Facercise. I have for about a year now. Great results. Linder[/quote

Do you have the book, I think it may be 10 years old, or is there a newer version/ DVD? I have an older version of the book, but I am never good at keep it up.

I have the DVD. I got that from her web site. The book is a newer version. I do the DVD once a day and then where I need the most help I do those exercises through out the day.Linder
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Linder - how long does it take you to do the DVD?

Good on you for doing it daily! Angel
linder
5% products discount

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
It takes me about 12 minutes. I don't do the nose. I skip over that one. I probably shouldn't. Once you learn them properly you can do them in the shower, watching tv, etc. They all become second nature to you. A part of your day. You'll be doing something and all of a sudden your doing one of these exercises. They are so simple and they don't take much time! Just fit them in. Anywhere! Linder
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Linder. 12 minutes sounds manageable.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
12 mins, wow I have this book somewhere, did it long ago, why'd I think 20-30 mins...gonna def recheck this book, they def do work if one is diligent.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I can't remember where, but I heard recently that facial exercises are BAD Shock for you. Something to do with the different kinds of wrinkles/creases we obtain as we get older, as in static vs. dynamic

A dynamic wrinkle/crease will disappear when the facial expression is no longer being made. Think of the lines on your forehead that are created when you make an expression of surprise/puzzlement. A dynamic wrinkle has the potential to turn into a static wrinkle.

Static wrinkles/creases remain. Think of George Clooney's forehead lines Very Happy

So all these facial exercises serve to increase the dynamic creases, which give way to static creases.

Just my 2 cents which may be worth even less than that. As soon as I can remember where I obtained this factoid I'll be sure to post.
Great topic, btw!
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Arielle wrote:

Hey Arielle, thanks, that's great! I just kissed the ceiling! I will definitely learn these. Fantastic.

It's all about discipline, isnt it.. I'm not expecting perfection on that, for myself, but if I remember them while I'm watching tv - well... then I should do a few excercises quite a few nights a week, and that's got to be good.

I think I know I could benefit to do some facial excercises, because my cheeks are flatter and I when I see my neck from sideways on, I'm reminded of my mother... Embarassed

You're welcome! Since I've been back on the Facial Magic exercises targeting ONLY the forehead, I'm starting to see some positive improvement for only a week or so. I'm also about to add Candy's DMAE Serum to help with that.

And, as I mentioned, I'm a 56-year old "bag". My neck doesn't look much if any different than when I was 35 and no jowls or naso-labial lines thanks to "kissing the ceiling" whenever I happen to think about it throughout the day.

Hope you get great results, too!

Ari
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to start kissing the ceiling everyday. I tried it at a stop light friday Smile

I have the eyebrow raising issue also, those are my only wrinkles basically, I can't get rid of them with botox, my est. says that using it in that area can cause the eyes to droop and I don't need that. I am going to get a 2nd opinion though. Really considering the browtox, especially if the novemember sale is still going on.

I have the Maggio book, had trouble finding the website, but will keep trying and get the dvd I think.
linder
5% products discount

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Look under facercise!

Linder
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Paula Begoun posts that info on her website. She is opposed to facial exercise. www . paulaschoice . com, look under LEARN - or I may have read it in her books. Smile

I think some can definately be "not good" - But I have some I do from Carole Maggio, (not all of hers) and I think they do help me.

I have seen some facial exercises I certainly would not do though.
silicon1
5% products discount

Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
linder wrote:
lorimcp wrote:
linder wrote:

I have the DVD. I got that from her web site. The book is a newer version. I do the DVD once a day and then where I need the most help I do those exercises through out the day.Linder

I also do Carol Maggio's regime and with excellent results I might add. Even if I go a couple of months without doing them.

I just pop in the tape an follow along. It's really great b/c my eyes open up more, my lips fuller and I seem to get an "instant" face lift. I highly recommend Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
I am going to start kissing the ceiling everyday. I tried it at a stop light friday Smile

I have the eyebrow raising issue also, those are my only wrinkles basically, I can't get rid of them with botox, my est. says that using it in that area can cause the eyes to droop and I don't need that. I am going to get a 2nd opinion though. Really considering the browtox, especially if the novemember sale is still going on.

I have the Maggio book, had trouble finding the website, but will keep trying and get the dvd I think.

Hi lorimcp - just wanted to say, basically my only wrinkles are on forehead too. I had botox twice and it worked bautifully as a brow lift, which is what I asked for... the lines just disapeared. I had botox injected at regular points across my eyebrow line, not just the 11 area. It was great. But, ultimately I dont want to have botox 2 - 3 times a year for the rest of my days... so I let myself forget about it, and invested in some frownies! I sometimes go to bed wearing two on my forehead, and it irons them out for me... temporarily of course..
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the link Arielle as I have developed a double chin recently.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
You're very welcome ninetynine. "Kissing the ceiling" will do major "damage" to that double chin and send it packing within a mere couple of weeks! Laughing Laughing

Ari Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
You're very welcome ninetynine. "Kissing the ceiling" will do major "damage" to that double chin and send it packing within a mere couple of weeks! Laughing Laughing

Ari Wink

Yep, I think I will be doing lots of kissing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |