Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi - after several trips to the dr and tests - I finally was doing research online and found out two things
one of the side effects of long term ibuprofin use is hairloss
and also
sensitivity to things like wood dust, from woodworking ( i lost so much hair it scared me) and chemicals used in bugkillers.When I spray for spiders I now wear a chemical breather mask bactually for both woodworking and bugspraying.
edited to add I stopped taking any nsaids. another side effect that showed I ws not able to take those was INCREASED swelling... not decreased - which of corse was what it was supposed to be for)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to let everyone know I received my FE program in the mail today and am so excited to get started. I am going to read through the whole booklet first though to get a feel for everything. I feel so empowered that now I have the means to build up areas of my face that I thought only surgery or a Very Happy filler could do.
Elaine523

Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm excited for you, Kay. Please let us know how you do. And Cathy, I understand your frustration. Did your hair become full again?
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
My hair got very full.For awhile it looked pretty strange with new hair sticking straight up as it grew back. LOL.
After I started wearing the "gas mask" to do things, stopped taking ibuprofin I added in hair skin and nail formulated vitamins from various manufacturers,whatever was on sale, and added shen-min too, my hair is now very full. only use a comb on it, combing from the bottom up as though I were combing a child's hair.
Smile

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
That's great, Cathy! I take biotin which I think is equal to the vitamins you took. Do you think the shen-min was effective? How did you get it?
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
There are several vitamin and herbal shops in my area so i was lucky.
Also I found an online store to order from and can get them from there.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Elaine523 wrote:
Thanks Claudia! Does RetinA need a prescription? I have been very careful as to what I put on my face; only natural; and I only use mascara and lipstick. I should add that I am 68 but until 3 years ago I was always taken to be about 15 years younger. When I turned 65 everything changed: lost about a third of my thick hair and these lip lines appeared.

You can get Retin A from All Day Chemist without a script.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Do you have a website address for All Day Chemist??
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:51 am      Reply with quote
This is just an addendum to my previous post, have you had experience buying from All Day Chemist?? Sounds good but I am just a little bit skeptical of giving my crdit card info and ordering something from a company such as this without some kind of info from other buyers. Thanks!
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I bought lumigan and I bought retin a - both in the same package.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
KayS wrote:
Do you have a website address for All Day Chemist??

http://www.alldaychemist.com/

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:

Did you need a prescription for the Lumigan?

KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased some Retin A Gel from All Day Chemist. That is one of the things I love about this forum you learn so many ins and outs of things. Thanks for the info!!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
WHoa... Kay... REtin a Gel??? Is this your first time with retin A.

What strength did you get?

Did you get the micro Gel? Or just regular Gel?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I used Retin A for many years, including the gel I have very oily skin. I have not used Retin A for a long time. I got the regular gel, to tell you the truth I did not see the micro gel on there, maybe I missed it. But the strength I got is 1%. I plan on using it on certain areas of my face like the lines I have at the corners of my mouth that are deep and nothing else has worked. I may use it on the crows feet as well. I will spot test those areas first to see how it does.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
OH... then YOU KNOW what to expect. I've just seen/heard too many people jump right into the high dosage, and end up with lizard skin and they just decide it's not for them. Miss out on all the benefits and suffer the pain and embarrassment for not knowing...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
The gel seems to work better for me as my skin is so oily, even at 60.
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
IMCathy wrote:

Did you need a prescription for the Lumigan?

I didn't- not quite sure how it worked, but I filled out some forms at the beginning and put in the product numbers and it went through.
It has been a few months so I'm not sure if they had a Dr on site or what.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm writing in right place, anyway I hope not to make too big mess with my words. I found your forum few days ago when I discoverd that such thing as facial exercises exists. I want to start doing it, I downloaded Loulu's book and had a quick look at the content. But before Ageless method I came across a tool used in facial exercises - FacialFlex.

I was trying to find any opinion about that on your forum but I cannot find anything... Really, nobdy uses it? If anybody can tell me something I would be grateful. I'm from Poland and here it is not popular at all... Thank you, Magda.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi niecault

Ageless also has its own forum you should look at, which has some great tips for the exercises.

Facial Flex I think has been mentioned a couple of times here by different people. I think some were concerned over the results they had from it, as it caused the nl lines to worsen (but could be wrong).

niecault wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm writing in right place, anyway I hope not to make too big mess with my words. I found your forum few days ago when I discoverd that such thing as facial exercises exists. I want to start doing it, I downloaded Loulu's book and had a quick look at the content. But before Ageless method I came across a tool used in facial exercises - FacialFlex.

I was trying to find any opinion about that on your forum but I cannot find anything... Really, nobdy uses it? If anybody can tell me something I would be grateful. I'm from Poland and here it is not popular at all... Thank you, Magda.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Ageless if you Dare for about 6 months now. I only use it once a week and I've seen some improvement with the lines on my upper lip.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
For those of you who really needed to fill out the upper cheek area - do you think Ageless accomplish this as well as FE?
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MommyDearest,

Do you mean the upper cheek on the edges (zyg minor) or frontally (caput infra-orbitale)? Are you trying to build up only or up and out? With FE there are two for the zyg minor and one for the caput. My zyg minor has really built up nicely -- and it did so fairly quickly. I'm having a harder time withe caput. It has lifted some but but I'd like it to go a bit higher and also build more projection outwards (volume). This is harder to build, I think, and my technique was wrong for some time.

I have both programs and prefer FE. Personal opinion. Good luck!

Vangirl

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
vangirl3 wrote:
Hi MommyDearest,

Do you mean the upper cheek on the edges (zyg minor) or frontally (caput infra-orbitale)? Are you trying to build up only or up and out? With FE there are two for the zyg minor and one for the caput. My zyg minor has really built up nicely -- and it did so fairly quickly. I'm having a harder time withe caput. It has lifted some but but I'd like it to go a bit higher and also build more projection outwards (volume). This is harder to build, I think, and my technique was wrong for some time.

I have both programs and prefer FE. Personal opinion. Good luck!

The area I need to want volume and lifting would be over the Caput infra-orbitale and the Lavator Labiii muslces. This is where I would want filler. It is the center mid face I guess. I have had it filled with Restylane before but it is just so expensive. I could see it was heading in the right direction but I would need much more and it would cost thousands and only last a few months. I suppose in the end fat grafting might be the solution if I am one of the lucky ones who retain. I have not seen many exercises targeted here. I guess I can always make up my own. I also need volume along the side of the nose bridge. Because my outer cheeks are so high and wide I need everything inwards to lift up and fill out I guess. Don't get me wrong I could still use lifting to the zyg's but that seems much easier to target.

Thanks for your help.

Vangirl
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:

The area I need to want volume and lifting would be over the Caput infra-orbitale and the Lavator Labiii muslces. This is where I would want filler. It is the center mid face I guess. I have had it filled with Restylane before but it is just so expensive. I could see it was heading in the right direction but I would need much more and it would cost thousands and only last a few months. I suppose in the end fat grafting might be the solution if I am one of the lucky ones who retain. I have not seen many exercises targeted here. I guess I can always make up my own. I also need volume along the side of the nose bridge. Because my outer cheeks are so high and wide I need everything inwards to lift up and fill out I guess. Don't get me wrong I could still use lifting to the zyg's but that seems much easier to target.

Thanks for your help.

Okay, I can totally see what you want (me too !)Yeah, I've wrestled with getting a filler too but I'm just going to give the exercises more time (15 mos now -- 6 mos of doing said exercise wrong) before I cave in. Be careful with fat... I read somewhere that the satisfaction rate was less than 30%. Miss J's cosmetic surgery forum has quite a few discussions about it -- if you're interested.

FE does have a really brilliant exercise specifically for the sides of the nose (caput angulare). Nose Lift. That area built up very quickly on me.

Vangirl Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |