Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:00 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
charis, FlexEffect has five or six neck exercises. One neck exercise on DVD and 5-6 in a book. Some neck exercises in a book are quite advanced with weights Exclamation . And on Flexeffect board people report good results.

I did not get to the full set of FlexEffect exercises... and have not gotten to all neck exercises yet.... There are 45 exercises total.. I started with 14 exercises offered on DVD, and gradually expend adding other ones. I focus on areas of my primary concern (eyes & cheeks) first... and with doing only one neck exercise so far I am not well positioned to answer the question Sad Again people on FlexEffect board did report positive results. well...

There is one neck exercise, "kiss the ceiling" that I was doing prior to starting FlexEffect, and I like this exercise. Is is a free exercise posted on ageless web site: "Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, while keeping your lips closed and relaxed. Start puckering your lips together in a kiss and stretch the kiss, as if you were trying to kiss the ceiling. Keep your lips puckered for 10 counts, then relax, bring your head back to its normal position and repeat 5 times."

Hi mpstat! It's funny that you are mentioning FlexEffect as I've been exploring this facial exercise program recently and would love to learn more! I sent Deb @ FlexEffect an email on July 23rd with my questions but have not heard back from her, so I am somewhat disappointed with the lack of customer service.Confused

Any-hoo, I'd really like to know if you can achieve great results from the 14 exercises exclusively on the DVD as I tend to prefer to follow active demonstrations, rather than interpreting directions from a book. From what I can gather, no one does all 45 exercises on a regular basis, so in addition to the 14 included on the DVD how many additional exercises from the book would you consider very important?

Lastly, I have heard on the FlexEffect forum that there is a new DVD and book in the works. Any idea when these items are scheduled for release? I would hate to buy the existing program only to discover that an improved system is about to come out!

Thanks so much for your help!!! Smile

Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I have used the Facial Flex for over 10 years with good results (14 0z. bands)...the longer I use it, the more areas it helps...all the way up the sides of my eyes. I now use the Flex Away System and it works the entire face and neck very well. It is harder to use than the Facial Flex, but I really do think it's amazing. People always think I'm 20 yrs. younger than I am...always still amazes me. I've always been interested in facial exercise and have done some form since I was young as both my Mother and Grandmother always did with great results. I also love Retin-A, Vitamin C Serum, and Sunscreen! I definitely want to avoid any surgeries! Good luck everyone!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Sunni, Does Flex Away work areas that the Facial Flex did not? What's the main difference between the two? How hard is it to use? Thanks!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi, ScotsLass
Can not comment on Deb's not responding Sad ??? But they do have a great support on the forum provided by certified trainers. Very Happy They are wonderful in addressing questions. You might try to post your questions on FlexEffect forum for "Guests and Facialbuilders" to the trainers. Trainers there are Claudia, Sean, Loli, Cathy, Loulou. You can try to PM one of them.

For those who purchased a complete set there is a separate forum for Facialbuilders only. It has good info, and exercises are discussed in depth. All, the trainers, and the members are very supportive of each other, and quite responsive. They are protective of access from non-members though,... which is understandable. It also makes sharing pictures and videos limited to those in the program, as opposed to the entire world; people feel more comfortable this way.

One more thing about trainers…. they started offering personalized training for a fee, when you can choose a trainer, and say for a week ask him via email questions, share videos of how you doing exercises, maybe even more …. video conferencing via computer???? I did not get it for myself, however it might be an option for those interested.

Regarding 14 DVD exercises…. my understanding, that Deb put them together to form a minimal set that is balanced enough to achieve results. That makes me think that even if you do just DVD exercises you should be well off. I do exercises on DVD, so that I have a balanced set to start with, plus I do about 6-7 additional exercises for cheeks, nose, lips… I selected them just because, I feel that I want to improve those areas first, then I gradually will add more… I have been flexing not that long yet, and have a lot to learn...You might be interested in other areas of improvement for your face/neck…..Also I found on the Facialbuilders only board a great exercise for cheeks again Smile… it was posted by trainers… the name of the exercise is "3-in-1", and I have been doing it quite a bit, and love it!! Exclamation Smile

I asked on the forum about the new book & DVD release. Once I get an answer, I'll communicate it to you. It indeed might make sense for you to wait until the new release comes out, then you can join the program.
Sunni

Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Charis...

Yes, the Flex Away does work areas that the Facial Flex does not. The Flex Away works the eyebrow area and between the eyebrows very effectively. I also think that it works the upper cheeks, jawline, and neck better. I do like the way the Facial Flex works under my eye area though...keeps it plump and smooth (you must use it for awhile before you notice this and be sure to keep you mouth in an O with your lips covering your teeth). The Flex Away System seems impossible to keep in your mouth at first...and can make the sides of your skin sore if you do not use plenty of oil to lubricate it. But it is worth using as it works very well and takes very little time. I love them both and use them both - Flex Away sometime during the day and the Facial Flex at night when I'm tired as it's so easy! Wink Very Happy
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:

Hi mpstat! It's funny that you are mentioning FlexEffect as I've been exploring this facial exercise program recently and would love to learn more!

Same here! I've been looking at facial exercises for few weeks now and it seems that I am narrowing it down to FlexEffect. I'm very interested in all you experiences and the update on the new/upcoming book and DVD.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:

Hi mpstat! It's funny that you are mentioning FlexEffect as I've been exploring this facial exercise program recently and would love to learn more!

Same here! I've been looking at facial exercises for few weeks now and it seems that I am narrowing it down to FlexEffect. I'm very interested in all you experiences and the update on the new/upcoming book and DVD.

Just got an answer from FlexEffect board that Deb is tentatively planning a new release for January. Smile Very Happy
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hello mpstat! Thanks so much for your response and your help! I am quite interested in the FlexEffect program and am contemplating whether I want to go ahead and buy the current materials, or wait until January and order the newest DVD and book. I wonder if Deb is going to offer any kind of upgrade incentive to those who have purchased the old program in 2007? It would sure help me to take the plunge a lot faster if she does! I'd hate to dish out the money now and then have to do it all over again in 6 month time to receive her latest exercises. I'll try to email her again with these questions and see if I can get a response this time around. Thanks again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Hello mpstat! Thanks so much for your response and your help! I am quite interested in the FlexEffect program and am contemplating whether I want to go ahead and buy the current materials, or wait until January and order the newest DVD and book. I wonder if Deb is going to offer any kind of upgrade incentive to those who have purchased the old program in 2007? It would sure help me to take the plunge a lot faster if she does! I'd hate to dish out the money now and then have to do it all over again in 6 month time to receive her latest exercises. I'll try to email her again with these questions and see if I can get a response this time around. Thanks again!

ScotsLass, would you mind letting us know what Deb says if and when you hear back from her. I am kinda' in the same boat as you - i would love to purchase the system and get things going, but would prefer to have the newest and most recent stuff (if it's indeed coming out soon).
Thanks, R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Amberamber
5% products discount

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I can't believe it. I admit that I smiled while reading this thread--I mean, it does sound kind of silly and old-fashioned, doesn't it? It reminds me of the scene from that Judy Blume book, where the girls are pumping their arms back and forth, chanting "We must, we must, we must increase our bust!"

BUT. That was two weeks ago. I have been developing a serious "wattle" or whatever you call it, so I'm up for anything that might help. I started "kissing the ceiling" in the shower and whenever I go to the ladies' at work, and that thing is now at least HALF GONE! It's truly amazing. I wish I had taken pictures.

Now that I have been properly humbled, would anyone be so kind as to tell me what they think might be the second-most effective facial exercise?
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Great exercise for upperlids is this

With your index fingers push eyebrows upwards. Keep fingers in position and very slowly close eyes, squeezing tight when eyes are fully closed. You'll feel your eyelids shaking.

Ive been doing it the last week and see a difference in my lids already Shock Eyelids are firmer,more lifted. Its such a tiny muscle too,you dont even need to do many. I do 5 a night.

I got this out of carole maggio?? book i borrowed from the library once.

Ive also been doing those ones for jaw,chin area someone posted earlier and i swear i see a difference.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Carolb69! How long do I keep them closed for?
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I squeeze them shut for about 5 seconds. You should feel the muscle shake as your closing your eyes too Smile

The key is to close eyes very slowly Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Oh poop! I ordered the FlexEffect package yesterday and have just come accross this thread, I hope she will offer an upgrade in January.

I do this every day " I must I must increase my bust" Wink No sag for this old bag Laughing
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
abit off topic but when i saw i had to post. Mardy Bum your name is soooo funnny Laughing and also your post Laughing
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Ive just been looking at the flexeffect site. Some of the pictures are pretty convincing
http://www.flexeffect.com/LoulouBA.htm wow the difference Shock

Are the flexeffect exercises hard. I think id just loose interest and find it hard to commit to if they're difficult..

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Mardy Bum wrote:
Oh poop! I ordered the FlexEffect package yesterday and have just come accross this thread, I hope she will offer an upgrade in January.

I do this every day " I must I must increase my bust" Wink No sag for this old bag Laughing

Mardybum, can you report back when you get it. Im interested in trying it too but would like more feedback first Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Mardybum, can you report back when you get it. Im interested in trying it too but would like more feedback first Smile

Same here!

I have been doing the Facercise exercises for a while now and would love something a bit more effective. Though, I only do those for about ten minutes a day. Sounds like more time is involved with this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Ive just been looking at the flexeffect site. Some of the pictures are pretty convincing
http://www.flexeffect.com/LoulouBA.htm wow the difference Shock

Are the flexeffect exercises hard. I think id just loose interest and find it hard to commit to if they're difficult..

carolb69, FlexEffect is involved, but manageable. You will need to spend a little bit more time in the beginning to learn and understand the exercises, and get a grasp of it. DVD is very helpful in this respect. Once you understand, you do not need a DVD, and can proceed on your own. I am still in the process of expanding the basic set, and do not find it difficult to do the exercises that I learned.
I dedicated a period of time, in the evening, for the exercises, so that they fit in my routine.

The most encouraging factor in the exercises is the final result, which makes the time spent on exercises worthwhile. I am looking forward to toned face, just like those inspiring examples that have been achieved. And there is time and effort associated with it.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Carol? Re. your post above, I see that you keep your eyes closed for five seconds, but how many times consecutively do you do that? I gather it's more than once? Please let us know! Thanks...

BTW, those pictures on the FlexEffects (sp?) are absolutely awesome--especially the pix with the rebuilding of the hooded eyelids, which is one of my particular problems. Even though the new versions of the dvd and book are coming out in January, I still might have to purchase them now, before I lose interest!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme about 5 times. I came across the same exercise on a google search the other day and the lady said squeeze for 10 seconds..so maybe try that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
One of the best exercises I can recommend on this is just NOD forward and backward while you watch TV, not only it is good for your neck but also back neck muscles....

Cheers Smile

catski wrote:
I'd love to find a brief routine that's tried and tested, that I can do, say, while watching TV.

Does anyone have a recommendation, please?

(I want particularly to do some neck excercise to stop turkey neck coming Sad , and something to refine cheekbone structure.)
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing the eye exercise for a week now and can already notice a difference I kid you not.
I am now going to increase it to 10 secs but very happy with this tip Very Happy
curlylaura
5% products discount

Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
What exercise helps to reduce mouth to nose lines? From reading the thread it seems I should be 'kissing the ceiling' but I'm not sure.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Sunni wrote:
Hi Charis...

Yes, the Flex Away does work areas that the Facial Flex does not. The Flex Away works the eyebrow area and between the eyebrows very effectively. I also think that it works the upper cheeks, jawline, and neck better. I do like the way the Facial Flex works under my eye area though...keeps it plump and smooth (you must use it for awhile before you notice this and be sure to keep you mouth in an O with your lips covering your teeth). The Flex Away System seems impossible to keep in your mouth at first...and can make the sides of your skin sore if you do not use plenty of oil to lubricate it. But it is worth using as it works very well and takes very little time. I love them both and use them both - Flex Away sometime during the day and the Facial Flex at night when I'm tired as it's so easy! Wink Very Happy

Hi Sunni. Do you have a link for the Flex Away?
I've been googling and just cant find it.
I use the facial flex and love it.
TIA!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |