Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Me, too, Bethany! Smile Thank you very much.
SeanySeanUK, thank you for the explanation regarding my question. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi bethany - yes, please give us all the thread on moisturizers making your skin drier - this could really get discussions moving on this forum and save us all much money as well.
If I had to guess, 95% of all women use moisturizers so this study would be great to read! thx muchly - diphx

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi bethany - yes, please give us all the thread on moisturizers making your skin drier - this could really get discussions moving on this forum and save us all much money as well.
If I had to guess, 95% of all women use moisturizers so this study would be great to read! thx muchly - diphx

Here is the thread:
Study suggests: - Skin cream can make skin drier
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31227&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Please note that this is only one single study. The results should be duplicated in several studies before we will know for certain that moisturizers can make skin drier, but the results from this study are interesting. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you September girl - this is a very interesting study. Something to think about is all the new actives to stimulate collagen procduction such as matrixyl etc are generally put into creams. Don't know if the oils do this as well but us more mature women aer also looking to stimulate collagen as well as keeping our skin moisturized. thx for the link!
diphx

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Strictly anecdotal, but my mother never uses moisturizer on her face, just a light-textured sunscreen, and barely has a wrinkle! At 93!

I myself quit using moisturizer over my Retin-A at night. At first my skin felt tight, but now it seems that my skin has adjusted and feels less so. I rarely use a separate moisturizer in the morning - just vit C serum, HA serum from GOW and Avene Emulsion SPF50+. Seems like that's plenty of moisture!

I agree with the thinking that the skin gives up on producing its own lipids if it's constantly exposed to exogenous lipids. And thanks Claudia for the enema analogy!!! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Strictly anecdotal, but my mother never uses moisturizer on her face, just a light-textured sunscreen, and barely has a wrinkle! At 93!

I myself quit using moisturizer over my Retin-A at night. At first my skin felt tight, but now it seems that my skin has adjusted and feels less so. I rarely use a separate moisturizer in the morning - just vit C serum, HA serum from GOW and Avene Emulsion SPF50+. Seems like that's plenty of moisture!

I agree with the thinking that the skin gives up on producing its own lipids if it's constantly exposed to exogenous lipids. And thanks Claudia for the enema analogy!!! Embarassed

Sure thing fawnie... anything to clear things out... I mean... UP!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link, SeptemberGirl!
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:13 am      Reply with quote
I don't bother with facial exercises, I'm afraid of them making the expression lines become more pronounced.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I've watched myself doing the Ageless exercises in the mirror and the only expression lines that are created for me are nose wrinkles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Septembergirl for the link. So very interesting. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I don't generally use moisturizers on a regular basis, but I do use them episodically, when I travel on long plane rides or am in a desert area. It feels to me like my skin needs extra oil and moisture, but now I wonder...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
I don't generally use moisturizers on a regular basis, but I do use them episodically, when I travel on long plane rides or am in a desert area. It feels to me like my skin needs extra oil and moisture, but now I wonder...

According to Obagi at least, that type of use of moisturizers is just fine, flitcraft. It is the daily use of a moisturizer that is the no-no (at least for Obagi).
Tigerlilly
5% products discount

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to share with you girls...I've been doing facial exercises for a little over a month...RIGOROUSLY...Well, at first it was just Carole Maggio (excellent), but I also very recently added Ageless (too soon to REALLY tell but I think I'm seeing it in my cheeks)...Well, I'm 41, and I've always looked a bit young for my age (less so lately, hence... Sad ). Anyway, I went to the grocery store today and bought some wine. The cashier carded me which I thought was no big deal cuz I figured they did that to virtually everyone. When she saw my ID, she said "Wow, you look great" I said "Thanks" and she said, "Yeah, we only card for 30 and down"... Embarassed I said, "Oh, I just figured you carded everybody", and she said, "Oh no. Only 30 and down..." It made my day! (And even though there's no way in hell I look that young for reals, the mere thought that she could even entertain that I might be 30 lifted my spirits)... Laughing
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
tigerlilly... that is awesome.. I love hearing those kinds of stories!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Tigerlilly - this is fantastic! Keep it up! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:10 am      Reply with quote
tigerlilly - that is wonderful. Its inspiring for others to hear of such successes with facial exercise, but I think whats also great is that its important to celebrate when you get that kind of feedback - as you know all the hard work you have put in has been worth it, and will continue to be worth it in the future! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Good going, Tigerlilly! That's terrific.

5% products discount

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everybody for your positive feedback! I was REALLY skeptical about facial exercise for the longest time, and was scared off by dermatologists and plastic surgeons saying it wouldn't work, but would only make you look older. It was you guys who convinced me to try it.
The ONLY regret I have is that I didn't take before and after pictures! I really, really wish I had because I can see some differences, but I'm probably not seeing all of them.
You know, it's funny because I always looked young for my age, and I took that for granted. So when I started see signs of age, it was kind of hard to accept. I mean, I flat out can't afford plastic surgery, even with financing. I can't even afford Botox or fillers...It's just not feasible.
When I started to see changes in my face after
doing facial exercises, I was quite content that they were indeed helping to take the "sting" out of ageing, but now that I'm about 2 mos. in, I see it's not just taking the sting out of ageing, it's reversing some of the signs outright and softening others.
I NEVER would have believed facial execise was anything other than some marketing scam before I read all the praise here. Even then, I thought, "Psssht...we'll see" Rolling Eyes I am not just happy, I'm thrilled with what I see so far. If what I see now 2 mos in is all I can achieve, that's more than cool!
Anyway, this is a great forum, you ladies are great, and an extra thanks to LouLou, Sean and Claudia for your input here.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:
I don't bother with facial exercises, I'm afraid of them making the expression lines become more pronounced.

most of us get to the point where we'll take the chance (LOL!) Keep it in the back of your head for when you get older (or just looking older)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
bciw wrote:

most of us get to the point where we'll take the chance (LOL!) Keep it in the back of your head for when you get older (or just looking older)

bciw: I might've said that once myself.... but now I'm with moongoddess. Based on the mounds of evidence and great pictures and reports of results facial exercise is the best anti-aging tool there is short of spending thousands in a PS's office.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:

My main concern is preventing facial sagging..and reversing whatever sagging may already be present.

So even if I did get deeper expression lines as a result of doing Ageless..as long as my face is significantly more toned and 'tighter'..that seems more than a fair exchange to me!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Tigerlilly - regret is a worthless use of our energy, as you can't do anything with it, but don't let the fact that you didn't take photos at the beginning of your training prevent you from taking a photo now, and again in 3 months and 6 months and so on, as changes will continue to happen.

Facial exercises are progressive, in that your constantly building on what you have done the previous day, weeks, months. Even for me, at this point in time, I still sometimes get daily changes, where I get additional build in places, or find a muscle is more activated than previously etc.

The only limits really are the ones we give ourselves.... but the tissue has to be up to that level where it can or is able to develop to the standard (and this is why I believe diet is fundamental in any exercise program - and its often neglected).

As your building muscle you need to be eating healthy for your body type (and whats healthy for my body, may not work for you and vice versa). But its such an exciting journey to go on for sure!

Tigerlilly wrote:
The ONLY regret I have is that I didn't take before and after pictures! I really, really wish I had because I can see some differences, but I'm probably not seeing all of them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:28 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
don't let the fact that you didn't take photos at the beginning of your training prevent you from taking a photo now, and again in 3 months and 6 months and so on, as changes will continue to happen.

That's an excellent point. I was feeling the same as Tigerlilly about not having taken pictures before starting, but I am going to go ahead and take some now anyway.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Sure deelighted, do so. They are great tools for using to chart your progress. I always tell beginners to do so, but many do not listen or avoid it, and then say similar things and although in an ideal world they would have done - but ultimately it doesn't make a difference. Photos will still show changes happening and that will keep you motivated for sure! Laughing

5% products discount

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Tigerlilly - regret is a worthless use of our energy, as you can't do anything with it, but don't let the fact that you didn't take photos at the beginning of your training prevent you from taking a photo now, and again in 3 months and 6 months and so on, as changes will continue to happen.

Facial exercises are progressive, in that your constantly building on what you have done the previous day, weeks, months. Even for me, at this point in time, I still sometimes get daily changes, where I get additional build in places, or find a muscle is more activated than previously etc.

The only limits really are the ones we give ourselves.... but the tissue has to be up to that level where it can or is able to develop to the standard (and this is why I believe diet is fundamental in any exercise program - and its often neglected).

As your building muscle you need to be eating healthy for your body type (and whats healthy for my body, may not work for you and vice versa). But its such an exciting journey to go on for sure!

Tigerlilly wrote:

That's a great point, Sean! Unfortch, I do not have a digital camera, and like I said, I do have limited funds Rolling Eyes , BUT I do see changes in the mirror, especially now. That's what really counts is that you are seeing positive results that not even your skeptical mind can deny! Cool
I think I was speaking of that skeptical mind when I mentioned how I wish I had taken before and after pictures. I mean, when you are doubtful, you look in the mirror at the changes and you think "but am I really seeing what I think I'm seeing?" It takes weeks, even months to erase that doubt without photographic evidence. I no longer need that. There is NO doubt in my mind now. I will NEVER give this up...It's even inspired me to start working out my body again...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |