Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Candessence - Yes, another rave!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
fishzebby wrote:
I remember some thread mentions about the discount code. Anybody still have the code?

Hi fishzebby!

Candy does offer discounts on her Monthly Specials (this month it's 27% off to represent the new year 2007 - http://www.candessence.com/Monthly.html)
However, there is no actual "discount code"...

Hope this helps!
Mary Very Happy

Nothing showed on link. Do you know how this works Mary H?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I just received my C E Ferulic serum from candy yesterday. I used it this morning, it feels great. Very light and easy to absorb. No sticky or greasy feeling afterward. I love it! This may be my HG C serum and I have tried them all! I just have a question for those that use this - How many squirts do you use? I used about 3 this morning and not sure if that is too much?
Thanks

I use two squirts for my face and neck. I find that it goes further if I apply it to a damp (rather than dry) face.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
fishzebby wrote:
I remember some thread mentions about the discount code. Anybody still have the code?

Hi fishzebby!

Candy does offer discounts on her Monthly Specials (this month it's 27% off to represent the new year 2007 - http://www.candessence.com/Monthly.html)
However, there is no actual "discount code"...

Hope this helps!
Mary Very Happy

Nothing showed on link. Do you know how this works Mary H?

Hi Winnie!

I checked with Candy, and she's in the process of getting the February special posted, hence the blank page. It should be up shortly!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mary for the quick response. I just noticed all the yummy new soaps on Candy's site. When I read your post regarding Feb. discount I headed right back to check things out again Embarassed . It has been so cold here and I have been house bound a lot. Just seems like I am in a buying mood. God help me. Pray
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Thanks Mary for the quick response. I just noticed all the yummy new soaps on Candy's site. When I read your post regarding Feb. discount I headed right back to check things out again Embarassed . It has been so cold here and I have been house bound a lot. Just seems like I am in a buying mood. God help me. Pray

You're very welcome, Winnie! Very Happy And I hear ya on the "buying mood"...it hit me as well, and I'm now anxiously awaiting an order which - of course - includes several of her new soaps! I'm most excited to try the Amaretto Latte soap after reading Darren's review!

Mary Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Finally rec'd Candy's Jan. special and just wanted to comment on a couple of items. The Moisturizing Cleansing Butter is wonderful, creamy and yes very moisturizing and a pleasure to use. The Whipped Decadence Body Butter I have some issues with. First, it doesn't seem whipped at all and after reading some of the descriptions of it here I'm wondering if it did freeze during transit. It's hard and it's difficult to get out of the pot. When I do get it out and warm it in my hands it turns very oily and I also find that it's quite difficult to spread on my body. I've been using the Body Shop Cocoa Body Butter for a year now and the consistency of this is much much easier to use, whereas Candy's is a bit of a chore as I have to apply and reapply and rub it in quite a bit and it seems to just sit on my skin. Well, it's definetly not "whipped" - that would be a shame if it did freeze and lost it's original consistency - don't know. It does leave my body soft though.

I like the scent but it's a bit sweet for me (Spellbound Woods), although I do find myself sniffing a lot and it's a bit addictive Smile. Scent is so personal anyway and all the more difficult to choose when ordering by description over the web.

Also rec'd the Yummy Scrub which smells way too good to put on my body! Haven't tried it yet as I'm only with a bath at the moment.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my body butter, yes it turns a bit greasy when you rub it between your hands, but mine def does not sit on my skin, thats whats so amazing about it, it sinks right in. Other oily type butters I've used, sit on skin, and my skin feels drier a few hours later, but not this, several hours later and even the next morning my skin is soft soft soft. Yes its a bit more work than squirting out lotion and applying, but what a treat it ends up becoming, not to mention, my skins in heaven....Also, its very economical, a little bit goes forever!!!

This one does take a bit of work, but once you get use to just rubbing hands together than applying, its maybe 30 seconds longer in application...but the results are more than worth it for me.
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
oriana you are going to love the Yummy Scrub. It makes you feel outrageously sinful! The smell is heavenly no doubt.

I was not too keen on Candys body butter either. I liked her original body butter which reminded me of Perlier's (but better). I received the Whipped Decadence right before Christmas. Mine is not difficult to get out of the container at all. Yes, it does appear to be whipped & it spreads extremely easy (I just put some on to make sure & yep the name is "Whipped Decadence"). This body butter will leave your hands oily, so don't use it until you have time to use it right. I use at night& take my time to rub it in good. It is especially good to work into your hands before bed, then add more & top with white cotton gloves. My hands feel incredible in the morning. You can tell the difference visually if I don't use it.

I was surprised myself (probably Candy too) as I kept asking for her original recipe again. This is a great product & is easily incorporated into your skin care routine or after your bathe or just cause(my fav time!). It doesn't sound as if you got the same product I have. Mine scoops out with your finger & disappears as you rub. Just my thoughts...
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Oriana - I would PM Candy and ask her / let her know about the consistency of your Whipped Decadence, sounds to me as though something might have gone wrong somewhere on the road to you.

HTH wave

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Update on the Whipped Body Butter:

I haven't pm'd Candy yet but now that I'm digging into the jar more, the consistency is a bit softer. It still doesn't have a whipped-like texture - in fact it is quite dense which is probably more economical in the long run. I guess part of the problem is that I'm comparing it to another product that I've used for a while now - takes a little getting used to. In retrospect I don't think it was frozen since the Moisturizing Cleansing Butter from the same shipment is quite creamy - creamier than the Body Butter. I'm going to give it more of a chance, get used to it and see how I feel then. In the end it does do the job. Smile
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
oriana808 wrote:
Update on the Whipped Body Butter:

I haven't pm'd Candy yet but now that I'm digging into the jar more, the consistency is a bit softer. It still doesn't have a whipped-like texture - in fact it is quite dense which is probably more economical in the long run. I guess part of the problem is that I'm comparing it to another product that I've used for a while now - takes a little getting used to. In retrospect I don't think it was frozen since the Moisturizing Cleansing Butter from the same shipment is quite creamy - creamier than the Body Butter. I'm going to give it more of a chance, get used to it and see how I feel then. In the end it does do the job. Smile

I have been Drool over Candy's body butter. Please let us know how the consistency works for you. Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
My Whipped Decadence sounds similar in consistancy to yours Oriana. I just scoop a bit out and warm it between my hands before I use it. I does seem to take quite a while for it to absorb and can be a little greasy, but my skin feels amazing in the morning.
Actually I recently received on of the Monoi Body Butters and the one I've tried at least does seem to absorb much more effectively than the first batch of the Whipped Decadence that I received.
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I use two squirts for my face and neck. I find that it goes further if I apply it to a damp (rather than dry) face.

Yikes! Two squirts - I just received my order today and applied 6 squirts. At this rate I'll need to reorder by the end of the week. Laughing I'll try the damp face method tomorrow morning.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Its time for me to review candessence!

I recd. my january special last week and am delighted with everything...!My favourite has to be yummy scrub which I tried for the first time today and it is indeed the yummiest scrub ever...I had to REALLY stop myself from tasting it...but looking at the ingredient, I could really eat it...isnt it Bad Grin ...I LOOOOVE it.

Encore hand cream is fantasic too but I am kicking myself for not requesting a scent for it Mad ...and the quantity it takes it will be long time before I get to order it again Sad ...but oh well, at least it will not mix with onion/garlic smell I use so much in cooking...it has happened before and then my hands stink forever....So maybe it all happened for good....That said, it really is the only non-greasy YET superbly moisturising hand cream i have come across and I dont have to worry about the chemicals.

The Body butter is lovely smelling and my 3 year old daughter has quickly abandoned her Baby Bee buttermilk lotion in favour of this and keeps sniffing her arms and legs..BUT yes, I also found it a bit hard to dig out and spread(certainly not whipped. more like balm)....though it sinks in very well and keeps me soft and supple....But the rate at which it is being used....I am wondering how you gals manage to use so many fragrances and still order more....i certainly cant see myself ordering anytime soon even if I use it exclusively!..the cleansing cream also goes a long way and smells yummy.

Candy also, most generously, sent me a mama's belly balm as a gift which I have started using religiously...only time will tell wheather it works or not!

I also ordered Vit C samples and DMAE sample and have tried Triple C so far and the texture is the best I have used so far...My skin actually looks better with that on and i hate to follow with a moisturizer(orlane extreme line reducing extract/cellcosmet sensitive)...I love it and if it as effective as it feels, This will be a certain reorder.

I am already kicking myself for not ordering cupcake soap for my daughter and then mentioning it to her...now she wants it NOW! But International shipping for bath products do sting a little and while I am going to pay it whenevr I need, it cant be a weekly affair. Sad

all in all I am very happy with my order and am certainly a returning cutomer for candy's delicious goodies.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:48 am      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
Encore hand cream is fantasic too but I am kicking myself for not requesting a scent for it Mad ...and the quantity it takes it will be long time before I get to order it again Sad ...but oh well, at least it will not mix with onion/garlic smell I use so much in cooking...it has happened before and then my hands stink forever....So maybe it all happened for good....That said, it really is the only non-greasy YET superbly moisturising hand cream i have come across and I dont have to worry about the chemicals.

when you decide to weaken again (i know you will -- we *all* do), make sure you order one of her hidden treasures: the Lemon and Rosemary Gourmet's soap. i bought this for a holiday house trip with my BF's family and thought i was going to pass it on to one of them after. NO WAY! it is mine!!! it is the best thing (short of coffee grounds -- though those don't smell that great either) for getting rid of the onion/garlic smell. i cook a lot with both and was searching for something easy so i didn't go to my arm therapist reeking. this soap is wonderful and gentle and doesn't give away the secret that i've been in the kitchen all afternoon. i highly recommend it to anybody who cooks and as a wonderful gift to all you know that cook. it's one of those things you never you needed until you get it and then you'll never understand how you got by without it.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:55 am      Reply with quote
mithai--you can always scent the hand cream yourself if you have any essential oils of skin safe fragrance oils.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thankyou la vie en rose, You just made my wishlist a little bit longer Cool

skincareaddicted, how do we mix the essential oil in the tube....we have to decant in a jar i guess Question
slai
5% products discount

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:43 am      Reply with quote
how much is international shipping for candys products
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:06 am      Reply with quote
+ 9 bucks... which isn't bad considering

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:32 am      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
Thankyou la vie en rose, You just made my wishlist a little bit longer Cool

skincareaddicted, how do we mix the essential oil in the tube....we have to decant in a jar i guess Question

Hi mithai--is it one of those tubes that you can remove the top and put some oil in? and shake possibly? it would depend on the consistency of the lotion. i have no idea. i like to remix my lotions and i do that by pumping some into a small container and then mixing it with whatever i choose.

HTH Kristen

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |