Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I am nowhere near to using the lip colour (my lips are still peeling Embarassed), but I do have SS I ordered with my first system. I tried it once, just to see how the colour looks on me, and I have to say I liked it.
I've never been much of a lipstick/lip colour user, and I am not used to seeing myself with a lot of colour on my face (I am very pale - greyish pale actually Shock - and my lips are pale, so I always felt that too much colour no my lips would look un-natural). Still, I like SS colour. I think I'll have to order the Pacific Pearl as well to tone it down a bit, once I'm ready to use the colour, but overall - I like it.
I am thinking (hoping actually Wink ), that once my lips are in a better shape (and my skin is clear - but that's a whole different thread Rolling Eyes ), I'll be able to use more lip colour than in the past. I am very excited about K's new lipglosses and lip colours. I hope to use many of them.
I now just have to wait for my lips to stop peeling (and I am almost at the week 6 point - and the peeling is still going strong for me Shock . K says that's a good thing, so I'll patiently wait for the peeling to stop Wink ).
R. Very Happy

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

be brave! be messy! use your finger as a palette and mix them together *before* they touch your lips. and, just for the hell of it, soften it up a bit with the lip cream.... i have faith in you.

Well, didn't do it yesterday as I got caught up in my belly dancing practice among other things. Here's the lip pic and sorry it's fuzzy/sloppy application. I'm not awake yet. Smile

It's Sonoma Sunset w/Monterey Mauve on top. I tried mixing in my hand at first but do not have the patience for such shenanigans. So, I reverted back to my normal method, which is apply first color (DO NOT LET DRY), immediately apply second color - work quickly. Then, let dry. I was piqued from the first attempt, washed it off and then did this one so it's not a very good attempt at either application or picture quality. I wish I drank coffee so I could at least blame it on that but you can see the color mix, which turned out quite pretty. I'll have to flip them to see how it looks in reverse.

Oh, and my lips are no longer really peeling - they still do but very minimally. I exfoliate every morning lightly and it does the trick. I put my products on my "feel" now as I can tell quickly, if they're dry. It's almost ingrained at this point. They are improving and I am very, very pleased with L2K. I don't have to pump them up and they're staying poofy more and more!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I find for me, I am doing better with the penitratable color if I apply a light coat. Then quickly blend it lightly with my finger, while wet. Then let it dry. Apply a second coat as needed in the same way, let dry then top with the color glaze. This allows me to get a softer line on lip edge that looks less harsh and more natural.

I just tryed this today. I think I like it better then applying over the cream.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
I find for me, I am doing better with the penitratable color if I apply a light coat. Then quickly blend it lightly with my finger, while wet. Then let it dry. Apply a second coat as needed in the same way, let dry then top with the color glaze. This allows me to get a softer line on lip edge that looks less harsh and more natural.

Great idea, Tangal. I'll have to try that next time. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:

i actually do both every time -- use the lip cream AND smudge with my fingers. it's the harshness of the line the regular way that i find so disagreeable.

scalawaggirl -- i love the combo on you (i knew i would!). MM is a lot rosier than i expected (that's why *i* tone it down sometimes with Napa. but i *love* bright colours on you and i really like the hint of pink this gives to SS. i think it brightens up your complexion a bit and takes out some of the orange in it, mon petit potiron.

try the finger trick, using SS underneath. when you do MM, add a plop of SS to it too and then mush together. (cannot believe you don't have the patience to mix them aforehand -- you, who have painstakenly gotten rid of every bitty scar or boo on your face....)

anyways, thank you for humouring me. it does really look very pretty (crooked lines and all).
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Will one of you please PM me and copy Kandis' email with the special? My stupid Yahoo mail isn't working and although I can open her message, the text doesn't show up. Mad Thanks in advance!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Will one of you please PM me and copy Kandis' email with the special? My stupid Yahoo mail isn't working and although I can open her message, the text doesn't show up. Mad Thanks in advance!

done!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Thank you la vie! I just placed my order. Very Happy
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
it's a fantastic offer. Kandis really does offer the best customer service that I have ever come across along with Carrie & Candy of course.

I have ordered & now I am going to wait patiently for the new lip glosses. Hopefully they will be ready in time for my next order.

As I have a lot of lines above & to the sides of my lips I have asked Kandis to check over my routine & advise me if it needs changing. I love the personal service she gives & the fact she makes sure that everyone feels like a valued customer & she takes the time to make sure things are going well for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Okay I just took my 60 day pictures. no big visable changes that I can see, but here they are. Wink

Lips are still fuller from my before, especially from a "side" view. Not sure if they have chamged much from my 30 day however.

Lips do feel better though, and I no longer have dryness issues at night, even though I don't apply product through the night now.

I also wear a medium self tanner, so lips look paler here then they normally are on my pale skin, which is "normally" much lighter, leaving a darker lip.

Before
30 Day
60 Day
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
TG,
Maybe it's just me but I think the lower lip looks a little plumper and the top lip seems a tiny more defined.

kimberly
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal, I agree with you that there's not any change, but how wonderful they're soft! It seems like an awful lot of work though for soft lips. Do you think you'll continue with L2K?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
yes I will continue, I think it is to soon to judge fully yet.

I did see some puffyness/fullness change from before to 30 days.

Only from 30 to 60 was their less visable change, though condition did change a lot.

On the L2K site, I noticed many had a more dramatic change at 90 days or 120.

So I will use the product for at least 120 and see where we are.

For me, I feel stopping sooner really is not giving the product a fair shot. After all lips don't get this way in 30 or 60 days, so I can't realistically expect complete change in so short a time. IMO. This is true of any "treatment" skincare product that enhances collagen growth etc. Which is one of the things this product does. Generally collagen growth alone can take 60 days to start to show on skin surface. And thats subtle, it gets better beyond that point.I imagine lipid buiders would be similar.

I originally planned to use the product for 4-5 months when I started. Seems to me that should be enough to judge effectiveness for my needs. Smile
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
yes I will continue, I think it is to soon to judge fully yet.

I originally planned to use the product for 4-5 months when I started. Seems to me that should be enough to judge effectiveness for my needs. Smile

That's my plan too - to try this for 5-6 months and see how it works. I will be ordering one more system today (have to take advantage of K's more than generous one-time offer Wink ), even though I don't really need it at this time. I am about to finish my original system (I am at the 6 weeks point and I think I have another week or so worth of product left), and I have a new system ready to go. Still, I want to make sure I have enough to last me 5 months, so I'll order another one.

I've thrown out all my other stuff and am really committed to giving this a fair try. K said that I will probably need 5 months to see good results (my lips suffered many years of serious neglect Embarassed), so I'll stick with the program for at least that long.

BTW, I am now so used to applying this stuff to my lips that I do it literally every 15-20 minutes. I don't even have to think about it anymore.

I hope everyone else is doing well on the program (i.e. lip boot camp Wink).

R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone.

I've been using L2K for 11 days -- pretty faithfully (missed one night) and I've yet to peel. I like the way my lips look & feel (the heat really helps), but I'm wondering if something is amiss because of the non-peeling.

What is the longest time it's taken one of you to begin to peel? Has anyone gone more than one week before they started?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Kittikin,

Not everyone peels right away, or much. According to Kandis, it can take 30 days before peeling starts, and thats okay.

I personally never peel much, just a tiny bit along inner lip edge, and I did not do that until i had used the product 3 to 4 weeks I think. And then its only for about a day.

Kandis, saw my photos posted above, and she adjusted the brightness slightly, so all are closer to the same darkness/lightness level.

When looking at them in that way, she felt my color distribution was better in my 60 day picture, as well as better lip edge eveness in upper lip line.

I felt to be fair, I should also add her comments/thought.

Hers her comments-

I used my Macromedia Fireworks to make your pictures the same width and height, allowing for the same spacing above, below and to the sides of your lips. This way
our methodology is more accurate. I also lightened your 60 day photo, which lightened everything in the photo including your lips. Never the less, the natural color continues becoming more restored.

Vicki, compare with me, if you will, the before versus your 60 days photo: Following
are the changes I see:

• your top and bottom lip are noticeably fuller
• your top lip line (referred to as the vermillion border) is more well defined, not just in the center, but the entire upper lip line.
• your bottom lip, the surface is much smoother. Notice the vertical lines on your bottom lip surface in your before photo. Now look at your 60 day photo, bottom lip, and how those vertical lines have smoothed out.
• notice in your before and 30 day photos how the left upper lip (which is the right upper lip – going from the center to the right as we’re looking at these pictures) – how it was a bit disproportionate in fullness to the other side. In your 60 day photo. that is no longer the case. (continued)
• in your before photo, your natural lip color has spots of pink with other areas much lighter. In your 60 day photo, your color is evenly distributed.

It appears that the 60 day photo is a closer up view; however, looking again at the amount of distance above. below and to the sides of your lips, reveals that it looks such because your lips have indeed increased in volume, and your upper lip line which, at 60 days after using the system, has become more well defined, also giving the appearance that the shot is closer up.

I will replace my 60 day image with that one in my post above.
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I was just checking out the beginning of this thread and was wondering if some of the women who started the system back in November could post some pics. I would love to see what their lips look like after 4 months.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I agree Patrod, I would love to see their pics, or hear their comments. I am wondering if they are still useing the products or have moved on and what their thoughts are now?
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
My lips haven't changed much as of lately. I'm still using the system. I ordered some viper venom and thought maybe that might have an effect on my stubborn lip lines. With all the emphasis on lip lines lately, I feel like I am becomming obsessed with them. Has anyone tried snake venom and,if so, what was your impression.
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Tangal. I was starting to feel like a freak! Laughing
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I had a revelation! I went out today and over did it with the lipstick. Probably Scallywag's fault. I put on some regular lipstick and used the Sexy Mama over it. I went out and got in my car and checked it out in the rearview. It was too dark looking so I grabbed a piece of paper in the car. (All I had) and kissed it. I was shocked what I saw. I have done this before many times to lighten up the look of lipstick. This time the impression had a definite ridge all the way around the inside. I had never seen it look like that before. It always just left an impression around the outside.
They are plumping!!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
patrod wrote:
OMG, I had a revelation! I went out today and over did it with the lipstick. Probably Scallywag's fault. I put on some regular lipstick and used the Sexy Mama over it. I went out and got in my car and checked it out in the rearview. It was too dark looking so I grabbed a piece of paper in the car. (All I had) and kissed it. I was shocked what I saw. I have done this before many times to lighten up the look of lipstick. This time the impression had a definite ridge all the way around the inside. I had never seen it look like that before. It always just left an impression around the outside.
They are plumping!!

Hooray for you !

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
YAY!!!!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Smile I'll take the blame, especially the plumping part! LOL. I'm noticing big plumps happening lately so I've got to take some new comparison pics in a few days - things have been nuts, though, so hopefully, I'll get them up by the weekend.

Glad for your progress, Patrod!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
OK ladies, here is my update Wink :

The last few days i had no peeling Shock Shock . If you remember, I had 5 weeks of constant peeling and bad dryness Sad, so to wake up few days in a row and see nice, healthy looking lips is a huge thing for me Very Happy.

Over the last 2-3 weeks or so I have cut the exfoliation to 2 x week. I am also being extremely diligent with applying product every 15-20 minutes. I've cut on the use of glosses (although I have to say I just LUV Cool the Drama Queen I recently received), and when I do use them, I use them with LC and NG.

I have to say, I'm a happy camper Very Happy (in our little lip-care boot camp Wink ).

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |