Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
wow, that looks amazing!!
I got my L2K literally 5 minutes ago and I can already tell I will have no problems following the system -- I just did LC and then NG and my lips practically squealed in delight...they feel so good! And considering I already put on lip balm every 20 minutes anyways, this is hardly something new for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Dang Scallawag, that looks very cool!

Keep us posted waffle on how things go! Smile
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
something else I thought of -- if you're not using the ystem over the top of your lips for lines during the day, a little highlighter like benefit highbeam just over the cupid's bow makes them stand out a little better (if you're not wearing the l2k color)

also wondering if you could mix something like MAC pigments into the NG to create colors if you want to cheat? I'm sure it's not the best idea, but at least it wouldn't have wax and whatnot in it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
something else I thought of -- if you're not using the ystem over the top of your lips for lines during the day, a little highlighter like benefit highbeam just over the cupid's bow makes them stand out a little better (if you're not wearing the l2k color)

also wondering if you could mix something like MAC pigments into the NG to create colors if you want to cheat? I'm sure it's not the best idea, but at least it wouldn't have wax and whatnot in it...

Waffle, glad to hear that you're finding the system easy! You will be in love the more you use it, trust me. Oh! I also think you're idea is brilliant re: adding pigments or minerals to the products for a bit of shimmer/color. I have loads of mineral makeup so will test out a few that are safe for lips (not all are - you might want to make sure with the MAC pigments, too, just in case).

I'll keep everyone posted on what Kandis says re: the pump; I emailed her for confirmation that it's okay to use at this stage, though, like I said, I'm comfortable that it's fine once the lips are rejuvinated. I just did one of my beauty treatments and my lips are still plump so it's looking pretty successful so far (almost 6 hours into it).

ETA: Just heard back from Kandis that she doesn't recommend using the pump regularly - just periodically - as to do so to gain plumping could interfere with the rejuvination process. This makes sense and confirms my plan to only use the pump for occasional nights out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl, what pump do you use?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - Scalawagirl - your lips are huge in the first picture! Great result! I always find your photos really helpful.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
kandis says don't mix in the minerals or pigments for color -- oh well! I can hold out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl - you're lips do look fab! Very Happy
Does anyone have any idea when the new gloss colours will be available?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, everyone. Kandis and I have been talking and she brings up an excellent point - that I should wait until all rejuvination is done to play with the pump for more plump lip action. Since I am still peeling, albeit very little, I still have a ways to go so I'm going to put my little pump back into retirement.

This way, I won't be causing any backsliding of my progress - even inadvertently. Hope I didn't get you all off track!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Scally:
Girl, your lips were fine BEFORE you did the pump! No need to gild the lily!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
kittikin wrote:
Scally:
Girl, your lips were fine BEFORE you did the pump! No need to gild the lily!

LOL, Kitti. I know - just goes to show what happens when you're left to your own devices on a Saturday! Smile I treated myself to a beauty treatment with my ultrasound (Facemate) and Quasar SP so I should be looking good come tomorrow. Laughing We shall see what the cats have to say!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
How long is the 'rejuvination' period?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:
How long is the 'rejuvination' period?

It's different for each person, thatgirl, and also depends on varying factors such as age, damage, etc. I imagine I will have full rejuvenation at around 5-6 months so I'd say the first of June for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for all the questions!!!

Do you not start using 'color system' on their website ($35.00 for two tubes) until the 'rejuvination' period has ended???

scalawaggirl-
How often did/do you have to purchase the system?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:
Sorry for all the questions!!!

Do you not start using 'color system' on their website ($35.00 for two tubes) until the 'rejuvination' period has ended???

scalawaggirl-
How often did/do you have to purchase the system?

Not a problem for the questions, don't worry. Smile You can use the color system but you should wait until your lips are more comfortable (not in a heavy peeling phase). Kandis can give more guidance on the best time to start but it certainly is not necessary to wait until you're fully rejuvenated.

I buy the system about every 4-5 weeks but remember, I am not necessarily purchasing the whole lot because I don't go through exfoliator very much or the Lip Gold Hydrator. Normally, I purchase the Lip Cream and Night Glaze so it doesn't add up too much. I am now working toward my 4th month of the system - I'm pretty sure Tangal and I (also a few others) are right about at the same place timewise but I can't remember exactly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
at the bottom of each item is says "You can earn Preferred Customer Reward Credits on this product!"

what is that?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:
at the bottom of each item is says "You can earn Preferred Customer Reward Credits on this product!"

what is that?

Repeat customers earn points to use as discounts on future purchases. Smile It's around 5% and an example of Kandis's superior customer service. She really wants to help her customers.

Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry, I dont get it. Ive been lurking for a while now on this forum. Very interested in this thread. Was waiting to see whether or not this system delivers on its promises. I am not understanding why everyone thinks this is working. Take a look at your own lips at 30, 60, 90 days, as posted here, and then the pictures on the website: worlds away. After four months, your lips should have doubled in size. But they just look a little more moisturized to me. I am happy that most of you are pleased, but when you compare the promises to the four month results, I do not see much progress at all.

Sorry,
Esme
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
esmestark wrote:
I'm sorry, I dont get it. Ive been lurking for a while now on this forum. Very interested in this thread. Was waiting to see whether or not this system delivers on its promises. I am not understanding why everyone thinks this is working. Take a look at your own lips at 30, 60, 90 days, as posted here, and then the pictures on the website: worlds away. After four months, your lips should have doubled in size. But they just look a little more moisturized to me. I am happy that most of you are pleased, but when you compare the promises to the four month results, I do not see much progress at all.

Sorry,
Esme

Esme, you're entitled to your opinion but I have to say that I don't understand your comment at all given the OBVIOUS changes we have seen. For the record, I never expected my lips to double in size or look like the web pictures because I am not them. I only expected to see significant improvement in MY lips. Let me refer you back to my comparison pictures, which show my before, 40, 60 and 90-day marks.

How in the world you think that they are just more moisturized is beyond me because I can see that they are filled out, lines are going away and the actual lip shape is changing for the better. By the way, I HAD on a lip gloss in the first picture yet you can see that my lips were anything but moist. These days, they are getting plumper as the internal healing progresses.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Scalawag...they do look more youthful and plump. However...pics can only say so much..it sounds like you really feel they are all around better..you see your lips from diff. angles and such...

When it's all said and done...do all of you feel this program has been worth the time and effort you put into it....another words have you seen enough improvement that you are telling your friends about it etc...or after 4-6 months are they just somewhat improved...
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Here's another comparison taken today with no products on. The first picture was taken with bare lips, as well. Perhaps, this will help display the changes I've experienced. Color is a little off as the white balance is not the same.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
babymax24 wrote:
Scalawag...they do look more youthful and plump. However...pics can only say so much..it sounds like you really feel they are all around better..you see your lips from diff. angles and such...

When it's all said and done...do all of you feel this program has been worth the time and effort you put into it....another words have you seen enough improvement that you are telling your friends about it etc...or after 4-6 months are they just somewhat improved...

Well, that's an interesting observation, Babymax24. It's usually when people do not post pictures that others feel a good comparison is missing. This is why I always take befores and ongoing pics, so I can see the difference and make a proper comparison, as well as to share.

I do tell people about the system as I've had a lot of comments on my lips. Since I have braces, I get adjustments and one of the assistants was jealous that my lips looked so good so I told her why. Smile

ETA: Babymax, I'm only 3 months, 1 week into the system so I cannot comment on how it is at the 4-6 month mark. I don't think any of us are there yet but perhaps, if I've missed someone, they will chime in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
No please don't misunderstand me....I appreciate your pictures, I don't even know how to load pics... the before/after pics are the best thing about this thread but there are certain things that pics don't capture.

That's why I was commenting on your overall feel since I can't see you in person.

Your pictures are great and I do see improvement, it's obvious. But past that I sense an excitement about this product unlike some that improve, but not enough to put all of that time and effort into it...make sense?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
babymax24 wrote:
No please don't misunderstand me....I appreciate your pictures, I don't even know how to load pics... the before/after pics are the best thing about this thread but there are certain things that pics don't capture.

That's why I was commenting on your overall feel since I can't see you in person.

Your pictures are great and I do see improvement, it's obvious. But past that I sense an excitement about this product unlike some that improve, but not enough to put all of that time and effort into it...make sense?

Yes, it makes perfect sense. I try to take commentary and pictures into consideration when I'm thinking of a product so I can certainly understand what you mean.

For me, personally, I truly believe in the system. I take on little skin care projects from time to time (most are ongoing) and my lip improvement was one that I started about 5 months back; unfortunately, I was initially just trying the plumping products and they did nothing to heal my lips, which I think is the underlying problem that must be addressed. As to how much effort I've put in, I don't feel it is significant because I was always slathering something on them before (lip gloss, lipstick, plumpers or a combo of all). Cost-wise, I feel it is comparable to the $$$ I spent each month on other products that delivered temporary (wore off as soon as I took the product off) and did nothing to help rejuvenate my lips so that I could also feel comfortable not wearing any color. Mine are rosy pink now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have only been useing the system about 70 days so far. So just slightly over 2 months.

I personally did not expect much plumpness yet, since on the site, the most obvious plumping seemed to be at 90 - 120 days. And even that is very very individual. So not all users are at the same place at that point - since all started with different lip conditions. Everyone is individual and will base results on their lip situation.

But I agree with SW comments above. I am trying to get my lips in better condition over all. I personally do feel this product is accomplishing that.

Since no other product did accomplish that, even with multiple applications all night long and all day long - then I think L2K succeeded in that aspact.

I do not apply it through the night. Though I did at first, but as condition improved I don't need to do that now.
And when I wake lips are comfortable feeling, not dry, tight and uncomfortable as they were at night before even when I applyed balm etc. through the night.

I have gotten some plumping benefit, but I personally feel its to soon to draw the line on that. As I am to early in the program. And I know with the most effective skincare treatments, for me, best results were seen AFTER 6 months, and still got better after that point.

Since this system works in a simular manner by "rebuilding" tissue, then I expect that it will take time - since tissue does take time to rebuild. Smile

It does not grow and fill in areas from years of "damage" overnight. Wink

I am still at the point in the program where I am "seeing" how it will do for me. So far I think it has benefitted. But as I go along and see how things progress, only then can I comment more fully on final results.

But so far I feel we are making progress.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |