Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
TenuajYoj

Fri May 18, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone use the lipcolors from the L2K system? If so, which color do you find the most natural looking? I currently have the SM gloss and it is so natural looking and gives my lips a prettier look as well.. but it doesnt last! So I need to use one of the longlasting colors. Any help will be greatly apreciated! Thanks! Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

To answer your question about a long-lasting lipgloss. Well, the simple answer is that it isn't long lasting right away. The reason for this is that your lips are absorbing most of the product, because these lipglosses are much like the liquid gold in your system. This is a good thing though ... Think about it, you can wear color right away that is also a treatment for your lips!! Your lips will absorb the product and become moisturized by it, but the lipgloss will need to be applied often. This will become less and less often, as your lips become rejuvenated, but this is a journey not a quick fix. By the way, you should be applying something to your lips 2x an hour anyway. Now, the lip color system olors are long lasting. However, Kandis states these colors should not be worn right away after starting the program. If you have been on the program for about 2-3 weeks, you can probably "try" to wear one of the shades using Kandis' method of applying the lip cream first and then applying more and more in dabs and then apply the lip color and then the finishing glaze. However, I will tell you it can feel very dry if your lips aren't totally rejuvenated yet. So I would suggest waiting until they are rejuvenated unless you only want to wear color for a night out. I tried one of the colors for a short stint out and it was okay, but I applied the cream first, then the lip color, then the finishing glaze and applied the gloss many times while out. But, I am about 4 months into this process. I feel it will take me about 7 months to be able to feel comfortable wearing the long-lasting colors. However, that being said, rejuvenation is different for everyone, depending upon what kind of shape your lips are in to begin with. Don't worry though, just think about what they will look like when they are rejuvenated! I've had huge success thus far, my lips are definitely much fuller and the lines above and on them are definitely fading. I plan to see those pesky lines above my lips to disappear for good in a few months time. Pretty amazing though for someone who wore lipstick/gloss every day of her life for the past 25+ years! I love my L2K!!! I hope this answered your question. Best wishes, Aprile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Here is an update on my lips - this is my 1st picture and then my 30 day picture.

patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
They look fantastic RileyGirl! You are one of the lucky ones for sure. My upper lip is beginning to tilt up, but that's about it. Sad . But on the positive side....They are not peeling like they did this past winter.

Pat,
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Wow!! Riley, I think yours is the most dramatic progress we've seen here. And in such a short time!
Congratulations! Keep us posted!
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Patrod and Rubby. I will post my 2 month pictures when it is that time! (Hopefully in another month I will have some improvement in my vertical lip lines also!)
TenuajYoj

Mon May 21, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply! Since I can't wear the L2k lipcolor yet, do ya'll think it would be okay to use a clear lipliner just above my natural lip line (to grab onto the gloss), and put the L2K gloss over my lips? Reason I ask is because I'm used to extending my lipstick just a tad over my lipline (not in that whorish look tho, ew) to give my lips a little bit fuller look, so I was wondering if this would be ok? I don't wanna go out with smaller looking lips hehe BTW, the lipliner wouldn't be on the rest of my lips, just kinda halfway on/halfway past the vermillion border. Smile
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
My update:

I have been on the system for about 10 days now. Only this morning did I wake up with a "crusty" lip. Half of my top lip felt hard... now (11:30PM) it is beginning to peel. Funny thing though, it is only that part of my lip. It is SO hard not to pull the skin off.
Wow moments: I have to report that my lips started looking a lot "rosier" than normal after about 6 days (!). I look forward to seeing how this further develops Very Happy -so excited!.
As someone else mentioned: I will definitely have to order more of the glaze ... and I am still waiting for my replacement gift creams Kandis so kindly offered to send-- can't wait to see what results I will get from that!
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, For those of you seeing results on your lips and lip lines, are you using both ULLE and LE? I've just started the ULLE alone for NL folds, lip lines and frown lines, it's hard to absorb. Anyone else with this experience. Thanks.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Wow Rileygirl

Look at those lips! Congratulations!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
mariah - only 1 spot on my top lip has ever crusted/peeled also. I don't get the peeling everyone else had talked about, but I think the L2K is definitely working, so I am not complaining!

nomoreneckpain - for me, I use the ULLE only and just on my vertical lip lines above the upper lip. I could not use the LE as it was too sticky for me. Reading through some of these pages, I read some people put the lip cream on top of the LE and/or ULLE to help. I actually have just started applying the ULLE and the lip cream above my verticals and something good seems to be happening.

Cathy_jean - thanks for your nice compliment! Very Happy
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
you know I have been looking over this thread for awhile now and have seen really good results and I did consider purchasing the system. but it just seemed like too much money for something that is pretty simple.

My lips were so dehydrated from the winter months and looked even thinner because of that.

So for the last week I have been exfoliating with a Almond oil-Olive oil-sugar paste and then used my good ol city lips at night and I have the same results that I have seen women weeks even months to acheive.

I am very happy with the results and I used stuff from around the house. I already had the city lips and definitely got better results adding the exfoliation.

Just wondering why you have to have this system to acheive these results. Question
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

The difference between Kandis' system and the other lip plumpers out there is that the lip plumpers that sting or numb are creating just a temporary effect whereas Kandis's system works to achieve long-lasting lip rejuvenation. Your lips (on their own) will eventually look fuller, rosier and plumper without using any product. I'm a good person to tell you that as I've tried almost every product out there (Lipfusion, Citylips, etc)...and this is the one that feels good on...I never tire of using as the products just feel so healthy going on and I actually feel like the good ingredients are going into my lips rather than coating the surface (if that makes any sense). I also use the ULLE regularly and it sinks in right away for me. I use it on its own on my upper lip and over an isomers eye serum around my eyes. I haven't had any absorption problems, but I've had wonderful results. For some reason, the ULLE works better on my particular skin type than the LE--but that may be just me!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
[/quote]So for the last week I have been exfoliating with a Almond oil-Olive oil-sugar paste and then used my good ol city lips at night and I have the same results that I have seen women weeks even months to acheive.
Just wondering why you have to have this system to acheive these results. Question[/quote]

Hi Wen,

I am attempting to answer your question. Why does one would have to use this system to achieve the same results you say you achieved using City Lips plus your home concoction for exfoliation? Any lip plumping product will offer you an instant result. However, that is what you would call a TEMPORARY FIX. If that is what you want, fine. If what you want is permanent lip plumping, elimination of lines on the lip surface AND above them though, you need use Lips 2 Kiss. This is the only product on the market that will accomplish this. However, you must wait for these results. It will not happen overnight. BUT, the payoff here is permanent results, which is nothing short of miraculous in my opinion. I know this because my lips are now plump after just 4 months on the program and the lines on and above my lips are DEFINITELY DISAPPEARING. To me, there's nothing else short of injections that will do this. Plus, injections are also a TEMPORARY, albeit expensive, FIX. So Wen, I guess it really depends on what you are looking for ... a TEMPORARY CHEAP FIX or the REAL DEAL. Personally, I would not be without my Lips 2 Kiss because I know that one day I'll be looking in the mirror at 20-something lips as opposed to lips that have seen plenty of abuse from years of lipstick and lipgloss wear. I will have smooth, plump lips with NO LINES ABOVE THEM. City Lips may have its merits for a woman who is 18-22, who wants a temporary slight plumping. However, to compare it to Lips 2 Kiss is simply ludicrous. First of all, City Lips contains pure crap for ingredients. (I used it, along with many others prior to starting my L2K lip rejuvenation journey,so I know.) Lips 2 Kiss has pure ingredients with the highest percentage of actives. Lip rejuvenation is a totally different process than lip plumping. It takes time becuase your lips didn't get this way overnight, so to reverse years of damage overnight is totally unrealistic. If it takes me 7 months to see no lines above my lips, I'M THRILLED!! So say what you want, but NOTHING BEATS THIS SYSTEM FOR LONG-TERM PERMANENT LIP REJUVENATION. AMEN!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Oh Ok so one day soon you will not have to use this stuff at all? your lips will be plump and line free forever until you need a little more rejuvination? Meaning there is no maintainence? At least no more DAILY right? What is the longest you can go once you acheive the desired results.

If you don't have to bother with it again or very seldomly (weeks-months) I'd say great. but I can go a while without using the city lips and still have plumping. and it is no big deal, rub some sugar on my lips for a few seconds and wear a wonderful clear gloss that stays on great and looks attractive. No real expense and not time consuming at all-seconds of my day. I am forty years old so maybe I am just lucky with this.

You gals look great though! Not saying anything about that. Just for ME, I'd prefer to save the money and time.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
If you don't have to bother with it again or very seldomly (weeks-months) I'd say great. but I can go a while without using the city lips and still have plumping.

Dear Wen,

Jeez, I will attempt to respond to this, but I'd have to say you are being a little naive here. ANY PRODUCT you use, or ANY SERVICE you have at the spa, derm, or plastic surgeon's requires maintenance. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM -- EVEN PLASTIC SURGERY REQUIRES MAINTENANCE. So if you've been lucky with your City Lips, and are just looking for SLIGHT PLUMPING ... then go for it!! This may be beyond your budget, and that's fine too. But, to presume that City Lips or anything else out there doesn't require maintenance is just bizarre and untrue. If you go on a diet and lose weight, but then start eating like a pig again, you'll gain the weight back, right?? Same principle here. Once your lips have lost their ability to make sebum which by the way keeps them youthful, line-free and plump, your body simply cannot turn on that mechanism again. Once you hit a certain age, i.e., (over 40 years old) the skin doesn't rejuvenate itself every 30 days anymore either, so we must help it along via exfoliation, micro derm, enzyme treatments, etc.. This program is for those who seek total rejuvenation including erasing the lines on and above the lips, NOT JUST PLUMPING THEM. City Lips simply cannot achieve that result for anyone. And, YES we must maintain what we've restored or we will lose what we've gained. Good luck with your City Lips... If you have lines above or on your lips, you'll be checking into this system again, unless of course, you don't want to bother to maintain what you've gained.
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
This morning I had my first "WOW" moment!
Thank you Kandis Very Happy !
My lips had peeled on only one section ... and yesterday they were hurting a bit. Due to that and several other reasons, I was not too diligent with applying anything much yesterday... and when I did , it was only more my NG.
I went to bed feeling a bit guilty.
Yet I woke up to a beautiful pouty upper lip Laughing (where it had peeled!).
Tonight is my night to exfoliate again ... I will focus a bit more on my lower lip.
I am very excited.
What a great product!

I hate to report that I did receive my replacement today (thank you Kandis).... however, again: there was a "spill" Crying or Very sad this time it was only one of the jars. The jar with the oil arrived completely empty.
I was really hoping to test these out to hopefully order in the future as part of my skin care regimen as I have heard such wonderful results from people here.
Sad alas ... the little green jars keep arriving here empty! Brick wall
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Mariah,

Are you suppose to indicate somewhere on your order to get the free samples? I ordered 2 LE's about a month ago with no samples Crying or Very sad

Pat,
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I think you only get a sample with your first order of the whole system.

You only get a tiny bit ... but I think it is not only generous of Kandis but a great marketing tool as her products obviously sell themselves because of their efficacy.
She may unfortunately at this time be spending more money in the shipping and handling of this the samples as it looks as though she is experiencing at least some problems with leakage of the oil (ULLE, I think). I hope it works out for her. And us: the happy consumer Very Happy
After trying her L2K ... I really look forward to testing out the ULLE on my "creases" Laughing
and see if they will disappear (I have great success with the NuFace, but I am thinking about the ULLE helping from 'below'- joy oh joy for a youthful look Laughing .
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
My little green jar with the LE came spilled also, but it still had quite a bit in there. I wonder why it is leaking, because mine was tightly closed, but still it had seeped out all over! I can try and send you what I have left of the LE, Mariah so you could at least try it! If you would like me to, just send me a PM with your address.
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
THANK YOU Rileygirl...
That is SO sweet!
However I thnk Kandis is going to be nice enough to try and mail me a replacement (she is great!)
But it was so absolutely outstandingly sweet of you to offer to send me your sample: thank you.

BTW: Your lips look awesome! Congratulations!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Mariah and thanks for the compliment. Hope you get to try the LE soon! Very Happy
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the L2K system for 45 days (can’t believe it has been that long....) and I see an improvement in my lips. They feel better, so much better. The top lip plumped first and I was told that is unusual. I peeled a bit in the beginning too. My biggest improvement and the most important to me is how my lips feel, they feel wonderful. I don't subconsciously grab for lip-gloss because they don't feel dry. Now I have to remind myself to apply NG.
Newcomers-this isn't a system for the lighthearted. It does take time and a small investment. The initial cost is that of a good skin care product and follow up is the cost of an entree at a good restaurant. I have found you need very little product so it last a long time. As I said, I started 45 days ago and I haven't replaced anything. I purchased 3 of the NG because Kandis (aka Saint Kandis) said I would use more of that than anything else and she was right, I am on my last tube, which is 3/4 full, and I am very faithful. I missed one night (we went out and I didn't know a hairdryer from a shoe by the end of the evening...)
As with anything it takes time, both financially and time wise and works for some but maybe not for others.
Very Happy .

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
What do you prefer ULLE or LE and where are you using it?
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Also has anyone traveled by plane with the silver tubes? I was wondering if they would accept these since they can't see inside?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |