Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Some of the women I know who have the worst lip wrinkles were non smokers. *shrug*
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
scalawaggirl--it does, that's why even younger smokers tend to have worst lip lines. It's a repeated motion, just like wrinkling your forehead cause more lines. of course the breakdown of collagen is a factor also.

from an article about avoiding wrinkles:
http://www.lindisima.com/beauty/avoid-wrinkles.htm

Quote:
5- No straws. Dr. Brandt (the creator of the famous cosmetics line) told Allure magazine that using straws for drinking might also cause wrinkles around the mouth. Therefore, sip directly from the bottle or a glass.

from http://www.reneerouleau.com/Advice/Article.aspx?CID=Anti-AgingSolutions&AID=FineLinesandWrinkles

Quote:
Avoid drinking out of straws - We know that sun exposure causes lines and wrinkles, but they are also caused by facial expressions. (Think of smiling as the cause of crow’s feet around the eyes.) When drinking from a straw, pursing your lips causes unnecessary lines and wrinkles around the mouth. If you're concerned about your appearance, drinking directly from the glass is a much better option. Save that expression for kissing!

I just wanted to point out that it's not just repeated motion - I think smokers have lines (young or old) because smoking deteriorates the body, as well (and, of course, repeated motion).

IMO, if we never lost collagen or elasticity, we'd never wrinkle. It's the combination of the loss, then the repeated motion that causes it, which is why I use CPs, Vitamin C, etc. Of course, I don't use straws often. From your source:

Quote:
The reasons that we develop lines and wrinkles as we age are the weakening of the skin’s collagen and elastin fibers as well as facial movements that create the actual folds and creases in the skin. (Laughing and smiling are inevitable, but squinting is preventable with good sunglasses.) There are many non-invasive options that Renee Rouleau has to offer that require no down-time and have no harsh side effects.

Edited to add: the collagen/elasticity loss varies, obviously, among people (dry/thin/etc.) so probably why there's no equality as to age/wrinkles.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've noticed that too as I have a friend who *never* smoked and barely drinks but has the worst lip lines... Rolling Eyes
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl--yes, you're absolutely correct about the collagen breakdown due to smoking, but i was just saying the repeated motions (smoking, sleeping on the side of your face) increases your chances of getting wrinkles in those areas. of course not just smokers get lip/mouth wrinkles, we have straw drinkers too! Laughing

i still think we'd get wrinkles if we did repeated motions despite not losing collagen/or elastin (i don't know the difference between the two). is there an age where we start losing collagen/elastin or do we start losing it the moment we're born?

i just want to clarify my post--i am not saying only smokers get the worst mouth wrinkles, because as scalawaggirl points out, it's a combination of factors. but in my experience, i have noticed smokers in their 20s have worst lip/mouth wrinkles more than nonsmokers of the same age group. i am in law school and stress causes a lot of students to become walking chimneys!

sorry to hijack this thread!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
scalawaggirl--yes, you're absolutely correct about the collagen breakdown due to smoking, but i was just saying the repeated motions (smoking, sleeping on the side of your face) increases your chances of getting wrinkles in those areas. of course not just smokers get lip/mouth wrinkles, we have straw drinkers too! Laughing

i still think we'd get wrinkles if we did repeated motions despite not losing collagen/or elastin (i don't know the difference between the two). is there an age where we start losing collagen/elastin or do we start losing it the moment we're born?

i have noticed the exact opposite actually, the smokers i know in their 20s have bad lip/mouth wrinkles more than the nonsmokers of the same age group. but as scally says, it's a combination of factors that contributes to wrinkles. used to hate my oily skin but now i am kinda glad.

sorry to hijack this thread!

No worries, it's an interesting subject, for sure. Collagen is what gives us a plump look to our skin and elasticity is how well it snaps to the muscle (think young skin). We do well with both until our 30s when our bodies naturally diminish production of collagen and begin to lose elasticity.

Think about children and how often they make faces (for years), it's the body's ability to snap back that saves their skin from holding a fold. Kids often sleep on their faces and don't show any worse for wear. Does that make sense?

As for smokers, they, like everyone have different physiologies so may/may not show the effects on their face. I have smoked socially most of my life (when out partying) and you wouldn't know it all by looking at me. I do not have any lip lines at all (yeah, I know smoking's bad for you). I will still occasionally smoke a cigarette but very rarely.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the explanation scalawaggirl!

you seem to take quite good care of your skin, so i doubt wrinkles have a chance to develop Razz .

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
*Whew!* For a minute there, I thought I was going to have to pull the car over, Scally and Skincareaddicted! Laughing

I have a method of drinking from a straw that does not result in ANY movement of the lip area whatsoever - no puckering, pursing or lines at all.

Put the straw in your mouth, pressing it up against the roof of your mouth with your tongue. Commence swallowing, while totally relaxing the lip area. You can have your lips slightly parted (which means they are totally relaxed) or pressed slightly together (producing a very light lip tension). You will find that the suction action of swallowing (I sure hope this doesn't sound R-rated!) draws the liquid into your mouth and down your throat, bypassing your teeth completely (and thereby preserving your bleaching, if you use products to brighten your teeth). If done correctly, your mouth is totally relaxed with nary a pucker made.

Granted, the liquid pulled through the straw is not as much as it would be if you stuck the straw between fully puckered lips, but trust me, it works. In fact, I'm drinking water through a straw right now using this technique!

Problem solved! Very Happy
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:42 am      Reply with quote
um, MermaidGirl, more like triple X.... LMAO!!!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Mermaidgirl-- Laughing , you're too much!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Triple X AND a solution! You're brilliant woman!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I remember asking back in August if anyone had heard about this product but no one had then today noticed 7 pages of reviews - AT LAST!! I ended up getting Restylane injected into my lip lines a few weeks ago but still want to give this a go... I assume its ok to use it even though the Restylane will still be in my lips? Also does anyone know how much postage is to UK? Thanks everyone for all your reviews....
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I just looked at my invoice & the shipping was $5.25 which is really good.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Loopylori for the quick reply - has anyone used Sonoma Sun lip colour? Dont really know which one to order - probably looking for something quite natural???.....
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls wrote:
Thanks Loopylori for the quick reply - has anyone used Sonoma Sun lip colour? Dont really know which one to order - probably looking for something quite natural???.....

I do and it's very pretty but not necessarily "natural". It's fairly dark (but not too much). I'm warm-toned, though, FYI. I've tried Napa, which I like and it's a mauve, lip-toned color so maybe that's a good choice.

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls wrote:
I ended up getting Restylane injected into my lip lines a few weeks ago but still want to give this a go... I assume its ok to use it even though the Restylane will still be in my lips?

Hopefully Kandis is able to confirm that for you... unless I am mistaken, I remember reading in the BQ threaad that the BQ caused AnnieR's restalyne and botox to fly away and disappear. Obviously this system is different but you never know?
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that I will wait to see if Kandis responds before I purchase, or wait till Restylane disolves......
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:25 am      Reply with quote
KANDIS wrote:
RJEZ - USE A STRAW - THEN IT (coffee/tea) WON'T STAIN YOUR TEETH EITHER.

Don't have time now - remind me later and I'll share a little secret with you about your teeth that I've been doing for over 20 years. (If you think blow drying your lips is crazy - wait till you hear this!)

Gotta run

KANDIS

Could it be any crazier than the tooth-whitening ear drops?!

5% products discount

Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Good Morning Everyone - Scottishjuls - Restylene as you know is Hyaluronic Acid (the 2nd ingredient in your lip cream and the lip color - the 1st ingredient being Deionized Water). Restylene is used as a "filler" since one molecule of it can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in moisture - so it will smooth out the skin surface and add volume. The cosmeceutical system deals with cellular matrix renewal and cell proliferation. One can have restylene injections and still have dehydrated lip tissues that need to be revitalized and rejuvenatedl; thusly, the system should not affect the injected restylene adversely.

Ok - the teeth - I've been doing this for over 20 years and have not needed my teeth cleaned. I've shared this with more than one dentist but they dismiss it as foolish even though the results are proof. Go get the Fruit of the Earth aloe vera (www.fruitoftheearth.com). I usually get mine at Wal Mart. Rite-Aid also carries it. The aloe vera is clear. The front of the pump bottle I'm looking at now says: Fruit of the Earth - ALOE VERA - contains no alcohol - Crystal Cleare aloe gel - healing therapy - fragrance free -no color added -

Every a.m. and p.m. before you brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste - wet your toothbrush and put a generous amount of aloe vera on it (My disclaimer is you have to use this - I have not used any thing else ) anyway - brush your teeth really well- particularly inside - plague cannot and will not form. spit it out and then brush with your normal toothpaste so you finish with the same taste. You'll get spoiled and will have to carry this with you when you travel because your teeth will never again feel clean without it.

When I have more time, I'll tell you another of my secrets, this one about removing your makeup and never again using a cleanser or toner, ect.

Keep up your cosmeceutical system everyone. Now you'll have gorgeous lips and incredible teeth.

KANDIS
cwalker1

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
My name is Carol. I just want to express how much I love Lips2Kiss AND how much it has done for my lips. The areas around my lips with all the "60" years of wear and tear and lip products have greatly improved. I have always worn lipstick, feeling like I wasn't dressed if I didn't have it on. But my lips are getting a nice pink color. I am totally comfortable without lipstick. Soon I will be able to use the very nice gloss that Kandis has.

I have been using the products for several months. About a month ago I started the new product that Lips2Kiss has. IT IS AMAZING!!!

Again, I love the Lips2Kiss. Thanks, Kandis for creating this amazing product!

Carol
kbrandon

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I would like to share my experience with Lip2Kiss. I have been using the program for several months now and in the beginning I sincerely doubted that it would work for me. I have tried so many other creams and treatments that did not live up to what they promised! I am amazed when I see my lips on the website. I can't believe the improvement. My lips now have color. They are are plump and the lines are becoming less noticeable. I have been using the Eliminator line in conjunction with the lip products. I feel it has made the time for results much shorter! These products truly live up to the claims they make. I highly recommend them.:D
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I smell fish.

5% products discount

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing fishy - the first post was from Carol, the 2nd from Kathy. They are both in the banking industry, same bank, different branches (locations). Kathy convinced Carol to be one of my testers, as she (Carol) didn't believe anything could help her wrinkles above her lips. Carol's lips are up also but we have a ways to go still with her. I asked them a week or so ago to come here and post when time permitted. It is rather comical, isn't it, that they both post on the same day? Oh well - sobeit. If you think something is "fishy", then you're either not using the system and or you don't know me very well at all!

KANDIS
saladgirl
5% products discount

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have been enjoying this board for over a year. I do have to admit, I have spent way more money on products than I should have. Thanks everyone!
I have been using the Lips2Kiss system for about a week..too early to tell if I will get results like those on the website..but long enough to tell that these products are really nice. I'm in my mid 50's and still have pretty full lips..but who doesn't want more? The Night Lip Cream is heavenly..and for those who don't want to bother with the entire system, you can't go wrong with this particular product. It is really moisturizing and leaves your lips so soft. I love it. It reminds me of Gatineau which has always been a favorite..but I like the Night Creme even better.
It's been hard breaking the lip gloss/lip color habit, but I do think the system has given me more natural color..or maybe I'm just getting used to my natural lip color.
I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. It's an easy system..and although it's not inexpensive, so far I feel it has been money well spent.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Tonight will be the third week of using L2K. I couldn't be more pleased. Someone told me my lips looked pretty! I was so surprised because I didn't expect changes this soon. The lines in my lips have faded quite a bit, particularly the ones that begin at the border of the upper lip. My lips are definitely fuller but that new fullness is primarily in the upper lip. Kandis told me I'll see real differences in 2 months so this change so early has me thrilled!

kimberly
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Ordered mines today - Merry Christmas to ME !!!! Laughing Cant wait to have some of the results others have had!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |