Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if any of the original users who started this thread already has rejuvenated lips that are no longer dependant on the system?

Or are they still using it and still experience periodic peeling?
atalbest
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Dahli"]Has anyone else noticed any red sore spots on their lips using this? I've had two small dots one upper one lower for a couple of weeks and I just noticed the lower one seems to be getting bigger...

Anybody know what this might be from?[/quote]

No, Dahli, you are not supposed to experience any sore spots during the use of the system.
I suggest you email Kandis to as what is wrong with the way you are using the system. Maybe you are overexfoliating...
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Ambien wrote:
Just wondering if any of the original users who started this thread already has rejuvenated lips that are no longer dependant on the system?

Or are they still using it and still experience periodic peeling?

Hi Ambien. I dont think that you get 'no longer dependent' on the system, in the same way that you dont get 'no longer dependent' on moisturiser, or hair conditioner. It would be lovely if these things worked for good, and we didnt have to do maintenance, wouldnt it?! I feel that way about vacuuming, I'd love it if my carpets would be no longer dependent on me for vacuuming them... Laughing

I think what happens is you get to use L2K less.There is a post in this thread by Hollywood, who is fully rejuvenated, and I think she uses it less often during the day, but still the heat treatment at night.
I may be wrong.

Wether your lips peel or not, depends on if there is tissue that dies or not, and how much you exfoliate, I would imagine.
atalbest
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="catski"] I feel that way about vacuuming, I'd love it if my carpets would be no longer dependent on me for vacuuming them... Laughing
[/quote]

I so totally agree with that. You take the time to fully clean the house one day and you think you have done a good job, and after 2-3 days it needs cleaning again... It is exactly the same with the lips. You do the heat treatment, you use the products every 20 minutes and then the next day you have gorgeous soft lips but then you get to the point where you need more, or you peel again... I hope after the 5-6 month mark, it will be mostly the first situation...
atalbest
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:41 am      Reply with quote
When I usually use lip products, and have them on for many hours, or during I sleep, they usually become this white gooey stuff, where it meets my saliva, i.e. around the mouth on the inside edges.
Has anyone else had that? So the good thing with L2K products is that this never happens.
This might mean that this is the beeswax or petroleum reacting with the saliva after many hours.
rosario
5% products discount

Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
If I have to use the Lips2Kiss system forever I won't mind. As lips age we have to use something. It might as well something which benefits our lips by plumping it and retaining color rather than drying it out.

I'v never thought so much about lips before. Now I take note when I see children and teens how pink and full their lips are. Also how moisturized they look. Things our lips begin to lack as we age. I plan on taking my lips back to the lips I had as a teenager. Very Happy Hopefully it will be that way again one day.
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the system for over a month. I must admit not religiously but I haven't used any other lip products. My lips never peeled but have been dry. Can anyone recommend a richly colored night glaze? I am trying to pick a color to order but can't tell from the website. Thanks!
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this pics and information.
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone comment on a colored night gloss they have? Trying to order and it is hard from the web site to figure out the colors Confused Thanks
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gaby.

I sympathise with you. I think it would be a good idea if at least some of the colours were essentially dupes of well known colours, so that we know what we are ordering.

Someone here said she had a great dupe of Viva Glam from L2K, and I think it would be good to suggest that it be listed on the site.

I think a dupe of Black Honey would be well received.

There are some very popular colours that could be a great guideline for buyers.

With the permanent lip colour, I think that Benetint is SO popular, that it would make sense to have a dupe of it, and it would encourage buyers to feel more confident of the way ahead.

I have the raspberry milk chocolate NG and I love it. I dont have it in Rich, though. I'm not sure what the pigmentation step up once you move in to the 'rich' category.
I think we need swatches, on the site.

I'm sure Kandis has all this in hand, and when in doubt, mail her, because she is always super helpful.

Let us know how it turns out for you, because we are all interested in the colours and watching the developments there with interest.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:15 am      Reply with quote
i have the CNG in cherry chocolate which i think is one of the newer 'rich' ones
when i first applied it, i didn't really like it because i thought it was too dark. but what i was doing was treating it like the sexy mama lip gloss which is sheer. with the sexy mama i use 2 applications. with the cherry chocolate (which by the way on me is a luscious plum) i take out the wand and make sure i wipe the excess off at the rim so it drips back into the tube and then apply.
it's actually not too bad if one accidentally over-applies because even though it looks a tad dark at first, when your lips absorb it after a few minutes, you're left with a nice sheerer shade.

when i want something natural, YLBB shade i use sexy mama but when i want something sexier, a poutier look (nudge nudge wink wink) cherry chocolate is the one i go for!

i think i'll be making an order for more lip colors from kandis soon! ouch my poor wallet!! btw her CS is amazing!!!!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:22 am      Reply with quote
The sexy mama lip gloss seems to be universally liked and wearable by all.

It would actually be good if there was also a sexy mama CNG, no?
anoshika
5% products discount

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I want to order LE but wanted to know one thing. Can it be used on acne scars? have any of you tried it on dark circles?

I hope someone replies Smile

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
anoshika, the best thing to do would be to contact Kandis. She is just the best and will gladly help you.
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Catski and Cahoot. I think I will order a lipgloss and a colored ng this weekend. Will post my impressions when I get them.
rosario
5% products discount

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if the LE can be used on acne scars. I use it because it makes my skin look really good overall.I would think perhaps the ULLE works for deeper scars and wrinkles.

I wanted to put my pics of my Colored lip glazes . But I'll wait till my boyfriend(who can put them up since I'm completely clueless) cools down. He's a little ticked off over my recommendation of getting Photofacial and skin rejuvenation done at Neoskin. I did research and some folks liked it. But he now feels after 2 treatments he looks the same except for 2 scars on his forehead which they swear will heal and out a lot of cash . He has a third treatment(purchased a package deal) which he says he's going to delay.
I wish I had thought of the ULLE for him first.

Has anyone used it on deep wrinkles? Kandis says it works great. But just wanted some feedback from here.
Brenda Z
5% products discount

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Rosario what is a LE saw your lips they look fantastic? I would like to buy a light unit like the Baby Q, dermawand, etc but dont know which one to buy. If I can get same results using something cheaper I would rather do that.....
rosario
5% products discount

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Brenda. My lips are looking good. I think I'm hooked on this for life!!

The LE is a line eliminator, but I don't have lines. It seems to makes my pores smaller,slight skin tightening and give me a much more even skin tone. I love it and use it every night.

I had ordered the BabyQ and ended up selling it on Ebay after a few months at a loss of almost $200(offered it here first but no takers)as it did nothing for me. I even had 2 months left on the warrantee.So I can't really recommend it. But I'm thinking of adding the Dermaroller to my routine and see if that makes the LE even better. Very Happy

I also exfoliate my face with Krafts Miracle whip once a week sometimes with aspirin. It's cheap and works great for me. I use it on my body too.I tried epidermx, but that was a waste of money for me.

I love Kandis's products because they actually work and it's easier than you think. I rarely can say that about anything and believe me, I've tries so many things recommended on this board I'm ashamed to admit it all. My boyfriend would have a fit if he actually knew what I spent last year between this board and my hair board. Embarassed
mjlover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all - just wanted to give u a quick update. Unfortunately i have stopped this system. Kandis was really fantastic and did everything she could to help me but my lips just werent improving and i couldnt cope with the peeling anymore.

I am still using the LG (i have so much of it and it is such a good product) but i am no longer using the rest of the system.

My lips are back to normal now (i'm using a non petro based, all natural product like Dr H lip balm) and i guess i feel a bit like i have my life back as it was spent being obsessed with my flakey dry lips (putting the product on every 15 min was too much for me). I now only apply 3 times a day ... which suits my lifestyle better.

Having said this, i think the results everyone is getting is so fantastic and i am really happy for you all!

I guess its just me that it isnt right for.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Just one thing extra - i still use the sexy mama lip gloss and love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
im really tempted to go on this system but problem is there are too many detailed instructions to actually do for this.........and im one of those people that after a few days i wont bother with the system cause it is not simple enough...i have to watch out for this, this, this, and that

yea i guess if you keep at it you get into a routine but really most people dont have time like this just to maintain lips Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, mjlover. I've been following your progress because what you've explained were exactly the things happening to my lips after being in the system for more than three months. The dryness and peeling were unbearable, that I decided to stop two days ago. Kandis tried to work with me and I followed her instructions faithfully. I figured that three months+ should be a good enough length of time to give a product a fair try. That's certainly long enough for cell turnover rate, right? I guess it just didn't work for me. The *little* progress I saw didn't encourage me to continue and keep up with the routine and the expense.

Congratulations to the ones who've had success!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cahoot - I really look bad in colors that are too winey and deep. She suggested this color to me too but I was afraid of it being too dark. I also love Sexy Mama for the every day look and she has a slightly brighter version of it that I also want to try. But back to the Cherry Chocolate - is there brown in it? I have one of her lip colors that is a darker cherry color and it is scary on me. That one is like the color of a smudge from a deep dark red cherry? Is this like that too?
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:56 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest, yes to me cherry chocolate is a deep wine color. i'm not sure whether there is any brown in it, i'm assuming yes because of the name but the brown is not very obvious at all on the lips. it's a nice wine red. it looks dark when you put it on - the first time i put too much on and scared myself!! but give it a few minutes and it turns sheerer. or make sure there's only a little of it on the wand when you apply it. putting LG on right before also helps dilute the color.
i'm not sure whether it works on those with very complexions- i have medium asian skin so i think it works on me.
also it 's not very forgiving when your lips are peeling as it does highlight the peely bits. when my lips are peeling i use sexy mama instead.
sorry i'm not sure whether this helps, hope it does a little bit!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:13 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Hi Cahoot - I really look bad in colors that are too winey and deep. She suggested this color to me too but I was afraid of it being too dark. I also love Sexy Mama for the every day look and she has a slightly brighter version of it that I also want to try. But back to the Cherry Chocolate - is there brown in it? I have one of her lip colors that is a darker cherry color and it is scary on me. That one is like the color of a smudge from a deep dark red cherry? Is this like that too?

Hi mommydearest! I also look just plain wrong in deep dark colours.. Do you have some CNG's in colours that work for you? What do you have?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |